All Comments on 'Two Teachers'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Lovely story with great characters!

5

IbeSteveIbeSteve12 months ago

Wonderful story. Thank you.

olddave51olddave5112 months agoAuthor

I missed giving my credits

I'd like to thank Kenjisato again for editing and my friend Ashley for input.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Nice. I would have prefered more detail, less rush, even focussing in a small part.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Really enjoyed the story, but not so much the writing. Reads more like an outline. But I did cry a couple of times and laughed even more.

Con6969Con696912 months ago

Wonderful story

OvercriticalOvercritical12 months ago

too bad real life is not the bed of roses depicted here. Not just some of the events, but every event turned out super happy. From the unlikely event that the only two young people on the faculty of the elementary school they were both teaching in were single and very attractive to their retirement 29 years later (who retires in their 50's?) at every step things go perfectly. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the breech position of the foal and super Doc fixed that. As pap goes this was a perfectly constructed story and should not be punished with a 2* rating which I thought it deserved. I gave it a 3* to show my tolerance of incompetent authors.

olddave51olddave5112 months agoAuthor

Overcritical

Thank you for your constructive criticism I will take it to heart. One thing is in Arizona. You can retire early myself I retired 58 what they do count your years of service and your age if they add to 80 you can retire. I picked 29 years just for the hell of it. I should've probably made it more Like 35 for myself. My first teaching assignment I was one of the two single teachers and we did date That is one of the things that is true. Since this is my 4th story I guess I am somewhat incompetent. I will try harder next time. I never taught English and It was my worst subject from Jr Hi through College.

Thank you for your time in commenting.

kenney49kenney4912 months ago

I enjoyed the story even though many would not like it as it isn't close enough to real life. Gave me a needed respite from the general nastiness of life right now. Since I have a passing knowledge of Arizona geography I checked the various locations cited on Google Earth as I read. You stated in your bio that you retired in Arizona so I should not be too surprised about your geographic knowledge, however so many authours take liberties with geography for the sake of their plot that it is encouraging to see someone do it right, although the town they lived in wasn't named. :-) BTW - I am a retired engineer so no comments on the grammar, spelling, etc., from me. Keep on trucking...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Wonderful, 10 stars! Please keep them coming!

Davester37Davester3712 months ago

What a sweet story! I enjoyed reading it. Since I’m not a writer, please take my comments for what value you find.

The part of a story that I enjoy most is a detailed, factual, well-described setting. You’ve done a good job there, but any extra detail will be appreciated by me. I’ve never been to Arizona, nor lived in a small town, so I enjoy you taking me there.

Second for me are likable, interesting, complex characters who are well-developed. Yours seem like people that I’d like to meet, but they seem a bit two-dimensional. I’d like to see some quirks and minor faults in them too.

Of course, a story needs an interesting plot. If you wrote in Loving Wives, you’d need mayhem, cheating, betrayal, financial ruin, all at the hands of Navy SEALS and ex-CIA computer hackers, but here in Romance you can be a bit nicer. Your story is sweet like candy, but a bit of spicy tang would be tasty too. A bit of conflict makes the plot more interesting, be it a pesky ex, a misunderstanding between the lovers, a competing teacher, a natural disaster, or who knows what to threaten their bliss. Certainly the conflict can be happily resolved!

Don’t let your commenters get you down. Remember that it’s your story, so write what you want. It doesn’t make a bit of difference to me whether they retire at 58 or 88.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

ive enjoyed your stories.some more would be awesome.thank you

Falstaff60Falstaff6010 months ago

Nice story. I initially thought it might be taking place in Wilcox AZ as it's 81 miles east of Tucson. I know the SE part of AZ well, having grown up in Safford. I have camped in the Chiricahua mountains above Portal. I have a sister who lives in Sierra Vista and my parents retired in Bisbee. Lots of great small towns down there. I especially like Patagonia. I now live in Gilbert.

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

Wonderful sweet tale.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...