Unbelievable Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How long?" Johnny asked, metaphorically offering his mother an open hand.

"A little over three hours," Katherine said truthfully, directing John to grab the breadcrumbs from the pantry and the other ingredients they would need. Making him cut the onions they would need while showing the spices you would use in it as she measured it all out. Her hand rubbed lightly along John's back as she watched over him while he mixed the ingredients.

"Mom?" John spoke breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" Katherine hummed as she molded the meat into the loaf.

"How was Dad when you told him you were pregnant?" Johnny asked, in an inquisitive voice.

"You're dad?" A warm smile rose the corner of lips. "Brandan shocked of course, given we were careful," Katherine said, carrying the pan towards the oven. Her blue eyes lit up in her silent thank you to John when he opened the door for her. "He was with me every step of the way. You should have seen the look on his face when he held you in his arms when you were horn," she stated, her left thumb softly brushed along John's cheek as her hand caressed it. "Oh, you meant when I first got pregnant, you should be more specific in your question," Katherine teased, lightly giggling when John arched an eyebrow in that questioning look of his.

Heat flooded her cheeks, her womanhood sparked to life with every brush of John's body when he helped her to wash up once the items that took the longest were cooking. Her tone carried a mirthful cadence as John talked to her, actually had a meaningful conversation with her, she wasn't saying there weren't times when she still had to pull the answers out of her son. How she loved it!

Katherine leaned on her elbow, staring dreamily at her son while their dinner simmered on the stove. Her mind flashed back to when her son was ten and the hours the two of them would spend just talking for hours on the couch. Yet now, now John was a grown man, while troubled, she found herself getting lost in the sound of her son's voice.

Their dinner was joyful, laughs and jokes were shared around. John's green eyes looked around the table, then down to his hands. Turning his head, looking down at how Annie and Janus covered their hands over his. Seeing the same look Julia once had when they had that rare moment alone. However, that joyful, vibrant conversation was interrupted by the shrill ring of the house line. The wood of his chair creaked and groaned as Brandan shifted in his seat before heading to answer it.

"Johnny!" Brandan called out. "It's for you," he said, once he had accepted the charges. Lightly patting John's back once he had handed the phone to his son before giving John the privacy that he needed.

"Hello?" Johnny, with a hint of confusion in his voice, spoke into the phone.

"Johnny?" Jared's voice came over the line.

"Hey, Jared!" All could hear the mirth in John's voice when he said those words. "This isn't our weekly call?! What's going on?"

"Johnny, I need a huge favor from you," Jared said, in all seriousness.

"Okay, what can I do?"

"I know you don't talk about what happened in that place, but I need you to tell it all to my lawyer."

"Why?" Johnny asked, instantly getting defense.

"My lawyer wants to try for a temporary insanity plea, and I know if she heard everything that went on there then... well don't want to jinx myself."

"All of it?"

"Yeah, unless you didn't tell me everything, Johnny?"

The ruffling of his hair filled his ears as his hand rubbed the back of his head. John did hold some of it back, namely the more gruesome events that happened in Raven Dale. John didn't think anyone would be able to understand what happened who wasn't there. "Do you think it will help?" Johnny asked, nervously.

"I think it would if it came from someone who was there and saw the horrors first hand."

"For you I'll do it," Johnny spoke, with a stern nod. "When do you need me to do it?"

"Tomorrow, if you're free."

"I have an appointment, but afterwards I can. Will two o'clock work?"

"Perfect! I appreciate this Johnny. I'll call her right now to have her email you their address."

"Okay. I'll email you once I talk to her." His finger lightly tapped on the casing of the phone wondering how he would get there.

"Johnny?" Her soft voice brought his gaze up. "What was that about?" Wanda asked, with the rest of his family looking on.

His eyes ran over her slightly curled, light brown hair, to her hazel eyes that held a genuine look of interest in them. Watching how her warm, lush lips curved in warm smile while her cheeks bloomed in a pink hue. A flash of memory flared in his mind what the feel of Wanda's 32B breasts felt like in his hands and how she whimpered and mewed.

"Jared needs me to speak with his lawyer," Johnny said, truthfully. Seeing the rest of his female family members sharing looks between them. A chill crept up his spine when a devious smile spread along Wanda's lips.

"Well, I'm free if you need a ride," Wanda cooed in a sensuous purr. Knowing it's been some time since the two of them had been together. While it took some time to learn some of John's little quirks, she did enjoy spending time with him. Plus, she knew once they were home they would be alone.

"You sure?"

"Mmmhmm," Wanda hummed. Slowly reaching out, her fingertips lightly touching John's chest. "I know how much Jared means to you; I'd be happy to help you Johnny. Now, let's finish dinner," she said, taking hold of his hand and gesturing towards the table.

******

The law office of Smith & Edwards, two pm...

              Wanda held John's hand as they waited for Jared's lawyer to fetch them. She had no idea what they were going to talk about, yet she could see how much it was weighing on John. "It's going to be okay Johnny, I'm here," Wanda whispered sweetly into his ear only to have John nod in response. "If it gets too much you tell me and we'll leave or take a break until you can continue."

"Why are you being so nice?" Johnny asked, his eyes cutting towards her.

"What?! I am nice," Wanda said, in a little pout. The corner of her lips lifted knowing he was only teasing her. She was so very happy that John felt comfortable enough with her to joke around with her. "Do you like the dress I wore?" she asked, trying to take his mind off what they were there for.

"It's very pretty," Johnny said, bashfully. Trying not to eye how the hem of her dress stopped just centimeters before her midthigh.

"I wore it for you, Johnny," Wanda whispered lustfully into his ear. "I'm not wearing any panties." Seeing his eye glancing over to her when she said that. Pulling her phone out of her handbag, quickly looking around to make sure the coast was clear before slipping it beneath her skirt. Spreading her legs, setting the flash on her camera, and snapping a picture of her naked cunt. "You hold on to this in case you need a distraction if it gets too hard for you," Wanda said, handing John her phone, the picture of her freshly shaven pussy on the screen. Her cunt tingled when she saw how the light played along her moistened lips. Knowing that wasn't the only thing that would be hard in that conference room.

"Mr. Masters," a young twenty something man called out to them, "please if you'll follow me, Mrs. Hicks is ready to see you now?" he said in a kind tone.

"I'll be right here," pointing to the chair across from Jared's lawyer, "if you need anything you just tell me, okay?" Wanda uttered in a loving tone, knowing how hard this was going to be for him. Placing a kiss on his cheek when John nodded.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me," Mrs. Hicks said, holding out her hand to John. Seeing something behind those green eyes of his. She has been on many criminal cases before so she knew pain when she saw it. "Your firsthand account of what transpired in that place will help Jared greatly," she said, as John shook her hand. "Jared has told me some of the accounts of what happened to his daughter, and I know this will be difficult due to the relationship you had with his daughter, Julia Anders," she could see the pain of loss in his eyes when she mentioned her name how it tugged at her heart knowing it would do the same with the jury, "so at any time you need a break you let me know, alright?"

"Okay," Johnny answered with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I hope you don't mind the stenographer he's just here to officially record this meeting," Mrs. Hicks said, gesturing to the man to the right of her as they both took their seats. "Now before we begin I need to know everything, don't leave anything out."

"Everything? Are you sure you can handle the truth?" Johnny asked, in all seriousness.

"I assure you John... forgive me, Johnny," Mrs. Hicks corrected herself when she noted the look in his eyes. "Whatever you have to say I have heard it a thousand times if not more," she said, in a pleasant voice.

"No, I don't think you have," Johnny stated darkly.

"Let me be the judge of that," Mrs. Hicks replied with a warm smile as she opened her files to the questions she wanted to ask and knew the prosecutor would as well. "Now let's start at the beginning, shall we?" she spoke giving the man his cue to start recording their conversation. "Tell me what was your first impression of Raven Dale?"

"Hell on Earth."

"Why do you say that?" Mrs. Hicks asked, writing down his answer.               "Because the third day I was there an orderly raped me and every day after that," Johnny said, truthfully. Something he would never tell another person if it wasn't for the rape survivor meetings he had been attending and if Jared hadn't asked him.

"Really? But you were thirteen at the time?"

"And? That didn't matter to them, all they cared about was inflicting as much pain and torment as they could."

"I see," Mrs. Hicks muttered, "tell me about the rest of the patients in your wing were they too subjected to these nightly rapes?"

"Every single night," Johnny nodded.

"I know this next question will be hard for you but I must ask. Was Julia apart of it as well?"

"Y-yes," Johnny said, his voice trembled as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Mrs. Hicks' heart truly went out to him as she saw the sorrow in his eyes. If he was her son, she would be around that table in a heartbeat and taking him into her arms, to comfort him as much as he needed. Her eyes flickered over as the woman John arrived with rose from her seat and squatted by his side.

"Here, Johnny," Wanda said lightly, holding a Kleenex between her fingers. "Dry your eyes," she cooed gently rubbing his back. "Do you want to..." A flash of pride raced across her hazel eyes when John shook his head. "Sorry for interrupting," Wanda said, as she rose.

"Don't be," Mrs. Hicks replied waving off the statement. "Do you need a moment?" she asked once John had composed himself.

"No," shaking his head, "Julia's... our story needs to be told. It falls to me to tell it," Johnny said, somberly.

"We'll try to get through this as quickly and as painlessly as we can, alright?" Mrs. Hicks stated, while she truly felt for him yet her client was Jared and not John.

"They tortured the patients?!" Mrs. Hicks cut in when John was detailing how they would string him up and whip him with a clothes hanger and the electroshock treatments.

"Daily."

"Why wasn't the State informed of this?" Mrs. Hicks asked, unsure if he could answer.

"The one I saw was in on it due the kickbacks he was getting," Johnny answered, detailing the time he had seen Dr. Mott handing off an envelope to the man.

"Do you know this man's name?" Mrs. Hicks asked, with a fire in her eyes.

"No."

"If we get you a photo roster of the Health Department's employees, do you think you could pick the man out? One sec," Mrs. Hicks said, getting to her feet when John nodded. She wanted to get this man on the stand and have his life put under a microscope. No telling what else the man's crimes were. Closing the door behind her as she went to speak with one of the junior attorneys. "Sorry about the wait Johnny," she said, walking back into the room. Seeing how the woman he was with was whispering softly to him. She was happy to see that he had someone he could lean on. She could tell how difficult it was for him to speak about his experience to a totally stranger. "Now while we wait, shall we continue?"

Her pen dropped from her fingers, even the typing of the stenographer had ceased, she saw the look of shock and horror on the woman's face behind Johnny when he detailed the horrendous things that took place in Raven Dale. She might have seen some grotesque things in her years as a criminal lawyer, she was not prepared for what this boy who hasn't seen the age of nineteen was telling her. It would seem not even his female companion was aware of it as well.

"You wanted to know everything," Johnny said, at Mrs. Hicks' shocked and disbelieving look.

"Y..." Clearing her throat, "that's a lot to take in Johnny," Mrs. Hicks said, sympathetically.

"I have the scars to prove it."

"Will you be willing to show me and have them photographed to be used as evidence of the inhumane practices at Raven Dale?" Mrs. Hicks inquired, knowing if what he had just told her was shared with Jared the temporary insanity defense was a shoe in.

"Do you want my brain scan too?" Johnny asked, willing to do anything to help Jared.

"Brain scan? What do you mean?"

"Johnny has brain damage due to what was done to him, we were all there when his doctor showed us the MRI results," Wanda cut in, she couldn't believe her ears. How she just wanted to leap from her seat and take John into her arms and tell him that she was there for him. That she wasn't afraid of him or his illness, that she would always be there to talk to if he needed it.

"Is this true?" Mrs. Hicks asked, looking right at Johnny who nodded. "Would you give me permission to access your medical records?"

"And that will help Jared?" Johnny asked, in a confused tone.

"It will help to show the jury that Mr. Anders wasn't in the right frame of mind when he showed up at his ex-wife's home," Mrs. Hicks said, truthfully. "If we can get the evidence in front of the judge that is," she quickly added.

"If it's to help Jared, tell me what I need to do," Johnny stated with firm determination. Noting how Mrs. Hicks turned her head as the door opened.

"Ah, thank you," Mrs. Hicks spoke taking the binder from her subordinate. "Now Johnny," laying the binder down in front of him, "please take your time looking through these pictures, okay?" Silently watching John as he opened it up, noting how his eyes moved along the pages taking his time with each and every photo. Pondering how he could have survived that place and still be functional in public. She knew if it was her that went through all that she would be a raving mess. Wondering just what strength it took to endure the two years he was in that place.

"Him!" Johnny growled full of hate as his finger stabbed the man's picture.

"Are you sure that was the man?" Mrs. Hicks asked, seeing his finger resting on the picture of the assistant regional director of the Health Department.

"Very sure, I'll never forget one of Julie's rapist, ever!" Johnny hissed, his rage burning in his green eyes.

Leaning back in her chair, wondering just what she had stumbled into. This was not the case she was thinking it would turn into, she simply thought it was a double murder under great duress. Not this tale of corruption, torture, rape, and everything else they would find in the discovery phase. They had already traced the payments that Jared's ex-wife was receiving from Doctor Mott. It shouldn't be too hard to trace the same account to this public official. She knew she was going to have to get the DA involved if it truly led anywhere.

"Johnny, let's stop with the questions for a moment. Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Within reason," Johnny spoke with a guarded voice.

"Tell me what was Julia like when you were in there?" Mrs. Hicks asked, in a caring motherly voice.

"Beautiful. Smart. So very strong. I lost my best friend to that place. Every day she would always try to make me smile when we both were suffering in that Hell. The highlight of my day, if you could think something so pure could happen is such a place, was when we were in the courtyard just the two of us. In that little world of ours the only outlet we had from the nightmare we were both living, we had each other. I'd like to think she felt the same way, but I'll never get to ask her that," Johnny spoke, staring down at his lap as tear dangled from his nose. "Without her I don't know how I could have survived that place."

Leaning forward, placing her hand over his, "She must have been a very good friend to you if you still shed tears after all this time," Mrs. Hicks said, with a warm smile on her lips.

"She was the first person who understood me, the first girl I fell in love with," Johnny spoke, wiping away his fallen tears.

"I promise you; I'm going to try my best to get justice for her and you, you have my word," Mrs. Hicks said, with determination to see those who had survived and escaped the punishment they deserve were brought to justice for their crimes. "Now, I have only a few more questions then we'll take some photos of your scars if that would be alright with you?" she asked, not wishing to push him into anything that would make him break down.

"Okay," Johnny nodded.

"That's all the questions I have for you right now," Mrs. Hicks said, once their interview came to a close. Thanking the stenographer for coming in, nodding in understanding when he whispered he would get the transcript of their meeting to her as fast as he could. She had noted how the man's jaw had yet to unclench during the two hours it had taken to go through everything. Knowing that, like her, he was a parent and knew the man well enough to know he would do anything for his children, like she would. Closing the door and lowering the blinds and flipping on the extra set of lights overhead to make sure the pictures were very clear. "Johnny if you feel uncomfortable disrobing in front of me, I can leave and let your friend here take the photos. I don't want you to feel ashamed or feel that you have to do this. Just know you're helping build a very good case for Mr. Anders."

"I don't mind, not like I haven't been forcibly stripped before, at least there's no delousing powder being thrown in my face," Johnny said, getting to his feet. Having him stand in front of the eggshell white wall once John had stripped down to his underwear as she took picture after picture of his body and scars.

"I think I got all the pictures I need," Mrs. Hicks said, looking through them all.

"Umm... question."

"Yes, Johnny, what is it that you wish to ask?" Mrs. Hicks asked, peering up from her phone.

"How do I give you permission to look at my medical file?" Johnny asked, as he got dressed.

"Do you know the number of your doctor?" Seeing him nod, "Then all you have to do is call him and tell him to email me the file to this address," Mrs. Hicks said, holding her card out to him. She wasn't expecting him to pull out a phone, handing it to the woman beside him who unlocked it for him, and dialed the number. She thought he would at least give it a day, although she was pleased by his helpfulness.

"Hello Doc," Johnny said, in a friendly tone. "It's Johnny Masters."              "Hello Johnny, what can I do for you?"

"I need you to release my medical file to a Mrs. Hicks," Johnny said, telling his doctor where he was and the email address to send it too. Making sure the MRI scan was included as well.

"I certainly can do that for you Johnny, tell her she should have the file in an hour or two."