Unbroken Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I... I..."

"Promise us..." Clara said softly. "Promise us that you will..."

"I don't think I can..."

"At least, think about that." Tony pleaded with him. "Think about it and come with a conclusion. Think about it because it is really important for us. This is the almighty's..."

Aidan took a sigh of relief, slightly closing his eyes. "If it will make you happy then I will think about it okay?"

Tony and Clara smiled brightly, kissing Aidan at the same time. He smiled brightly and just enjoyed the warm embrace they were giving him. He really loved how they took his worries away. It was like that was the only peaceful place in the entire world. Things were really beautiful for Aidan that all his troubles went away at that particular time. The only thing that was on his mind was his parents. He just wanted to stay with them and make himself happy.

"We love you so much."

"I love you too."

His parents chuckled, kissing him softly. "Always remember that we will always love you so much. Always remember that we will always be with you. Although we won't be here with you, you will not see us just remember that we will watch over you. We will always watch over you."

Aidan felt really emotional after hearing the words from his parents. "Are you leaving me here all alone?"

"You won't be alone." Tony sobbed softly. "You have your family and your son. They will always guide you no matter what happens. They will always be there for you. They won't abandon you okay."

Aidan nodded as he sobbed. "I want you to stay a little longer with me."

"Yes," They nodded.

Aidan smiled brightly and then lay on his parent's laps while they played with his hair. He had never felt at peace for such a long time. He just wanted to stay with them for the rest of his life. He loved being with them a whole lot.

***

When Aidan suddenly woke up and opened his eyes, he was sweating terribly. His heart was pounding deeply in his chest. He was panting terribly and his body was vibrating. He quickly sat up on the bed, breathing as if he had just been running from a deadly predator. He couldn't understand what was going on with him.

Taking a slow groan, Aidan moved his hands to his face, wiping his sweat off. But he also realized that there were tears. That was when it hit him that he had actually been crying. That night he was just in clothes instead of pajamas and then he had a dream.

Aidan felt really confused and lost. He couldn't understand a thing of what was going on. The dream he had just had was too real. It had taken long but it was real. He swore with his life that he could feel the two people's touch, his parents.

Aidan was still emotional, especially after he remembered what had just happened. He had just seen his parents in his dreams. He couldn't deny that dream was real because most of his dreams were real. But that was different. He felt it for real. There was no denying that fact. The dream he had was really real. He could still feel his parent's touch.

Taking a deep breath, Aidan felt his body getting hotter. A tear fell to his cheeks which he didn't even bother rubbing. Seeing his parents in the dream brought so many emotions to him. His tears came rushing down his cheeks. He could still remember their words... he could still remember their wonderful kisses... he could still feel their breaths... he could still feel their embrace and their warm hugs... he could feel their bodies. It was really emotional to him.

"Father..." Aidan breathed in softly. "Mother..."

Aidan was really glad that he had seen his parents even if it was just for a little time. He was gonna hold on to that dream and all the moments he had spent with them. He was gonna remember them all his life.

"Clara and Tony." Aidan said softly. "Those were your names." He chuckled softly, rubbing his tears softly.

With a deep sigh, Aidan got up from the bed and then went to his sleeping son. Kneeling down in front of his little baby bed, Aidan laid his head on it and looked at his son. Tears started forming in his eyes as he extended his hand his hand to his sleeping son. He got really emotional.

"I just had a dream about my parents." Aidan said as tears poured down his cheeks. "They were really so beautiful and it got me emotional. Right now," he sobbed, smiling through his tears. "I need to hold you like so much. Can... can I hold you?"

Aidan chuckled nervously. He slowly got up and lifted his son from his little bed. Jacob moved in his sleep but he didn't wake up. Aidan got him in his arms, holding him tightly. He started moving around the room, soothing his little son even though he was asleep.

"You are my only source of joy." Aidan kissed his son, rubbing on his sweet cheeks. "I love you so much and I will never leave you alone for as long as I live. Thank you for being here with me."

Aidan held his son tightly. He started crying afterwards, remembering how they were looking like and all their words. His tears couldn't stop flowing. He was gonna miss them for the rest of his life.

"I love you mom and dad."

Aidan then continued about the room, crying softly. He didn't care about anything at all. The only thing he wanted to do was spend some time with the memories of his parents. That was all that he needed from that time onwards.

***

The next day, Aidan was sitting in the living room with his family, staring down on the floor. He was really quiet and wasn't speaking a lot that day. He had left his room really late and then had lunch while trying his best to talk to his family and make them extremely happy. But his mood wasn't bright that day as he still had his parents in his mind.

Granny was with Jacob, playing with him on the floor. Justin and Ethan were seated together, staring at granny and Jacob, playing and teasing Jacob at times. They were busy laughing and having a good time together but Aidan was quiet. Nothing like that had ever happened. Even though Aidan was really quiet at times, he usually did his best to talk to his family.

When Ethan raised his face with a bright smile, he instantly lost that smile on his face. Seeing his brother looking so down was too much for him. Without even saying anything, he moved from his seat to Aidan's. He slowly extended his hand, resting it on Aidan's shoulder.

When Aidan felt a hand on his shoulder, he gasped, getting out of his thoughts and looked past his shoulder. He saw his brother looking really down and sad. He tried to open his mouth but realized he couldn't do anything so he decided to give his brother a really brilliant smile which didn't work because Ethan just got more worried.

"Are you okay?"

Aidan took a really deep breath. "Yes! I think..."

"Aidan, I have known you my entire life. You cannot lie to me. I am your brother and you know very well how it does to me, seeing you like this. Please. Tell me the truth. Is there anything wrong with you? Share it with me."

Aidan looked at Ethan and then at granny who seemed to be looking at him with a worried expression on her face. He took a really deep sigh.

"Can I ask you both a really important question?" They both nodded, staring at him. "I really need you to be honest with me. Please, swear to me that you will answer this question truly. It is really important and..."

"We swear." Both granny and Ethan said softly. "Please, tell us what you want. As any question and we will be able to answer truthfully."

Aidan took a really deep sigh, squeezing his brother's hand. "Do you... do you perhaps think about living with other people?" He asked confidently. "Have you ever thought about going to Angria now that everything has been settled?"

Hearing Aidan's question, both granny and Ethan looked at each other with shock. They couldn't believe Aidan had just asked them that question. But he really seemed serious and they knew they had to do something to make him feel better.

"Aidan, why..."

"Please..." Aidan breathed. "I need to know your honest answers. Besides," He smiled at them, wondering what their answers were gonna be. "There is no harm in knowing. I just wanted to know what you really feel about it."

Ethan looked at granny, dropping his eyes to the floor. "The truth is..." He paused and then gathered his confidence. Aidan's heart was now racing as he had no idea the answer he was gonna get from him. "...I do miss Angria at times, a lot. I can't forget about it because I was born there. My parents were born there and they were buried there. I miss visiting their graves and talking to them at times. I miss my friends and I also miss the environment." He looked at Aidan, squeezing his hand. "But I love this wonderful place. This has become my home and I don't ever want to leave this place because it was always my dream to live in such a place. I am happy with anything but I wish I could my parent's graves for just once."

Aidan smiled brightly, moving his eyes to granny. Granny on the other hand knew what he wanted from her and he was gonna give it to him. She didn't want to hurt him or anything so she was just gonna go with the truth.

"To be honest, I miss Angria and times and the environment. But this place is my home now and I am happy here. My place is where my grandsons and my great grandson are."

Aidan smiled and moved his eyes to Justin. "What about you? Have you ever thought of living where there are a lot of people?"

Justin took a deep breath. "The truth is, I absolutely don't care about anything or where I live. You are the only family that I know and my place is with you. I am happy in this castle and I don't care about anything else."

Aidan had now gotten all the answers that he had been seeking. He now knew exactly what his family's views were about going back to Angria. He wasn't mad or anything. He was rather proud of them for being strong and telling him that. He was...

"Aidan..." Granny got up with the baby in her arms. "What's going on?" She sat closer to him, resting her hand on his thigh, giving it a tight squeeze. "Is there anything bothering you or something? Why did you ask us about Angria? Look, son, I know that..."

"No, granny..." Aidan smiled. "This is not what you think. The truth is..." He paused and gave a deep gloomy sigh. "I had a dream last night about my parents. They just told me about this but don't worry about anything okay?"

"Your parents?" Granny gasped. "But how..."

"Don't worry," Aidan squeezed her hand tightly. "It was probably a dream and I had been thinking about asking it for a long time. Thank you for being honest with me. I love you all so much and I will always love you."

"Oh..." Granny and Ethan gripped him, tightly holding him. "That's really sweet. We both love you too and you are the most important thing in our lives."

Aidan could feel something deep inside of him. He had now known that his family missed Angria at times but they didn't want to leave the castle. They just wanted to be with him, making him happy. He appreciated them for that and he loved them even more. Aidan then remembered what he had just dreamed about his parents. They had told him something important,

"Promise us you will think about it."

How was he going to handle that situation?

*

That night after putting Jacob to sleep, Aidan went down the stairs and sat on the couch with his face buried in his palm. He had a lot of thinking to do. His mind was on all the answers that his family had given him. He couldn't stop thinking about them. Whatever he was doing, he was doing it for his family and his baby.

"You are the guardian of that kingdom." His parents' voice rang through his head. "You are Mang's successor that means that you are the guardian of Angria."

After a really long time of thinking about everything that was on his mind, Aidan got up and took a deep breath, staring all around. He loved the castle. It was his home. It was his own place. It was his refuge. It was his perfect place. He was never gonna let it go because he had a beautiful past with it.

Taking a deep breath, Aidan got to the center of the living room, looking all around. He gathered so much confidence, breathing in deeply. He closed his eyes and willed with all his energy what he wanted to do.

"I will never let go of this castle."

Taking a deep sigh, Aidan extended raised his hands, hurling them forward. A powerful thin ball of light got released from his palms, heading for the castle. Once it hits the castle, Aidan knew what was gonna happen.

"Never..." He breathed.

***

Aidan was seated on the couch early in the morning, smiling at his son. He had his baby in a baby bouncer. Aidan was slowly teasing his son, playing with him a little. It was early morning and he was busy playing with his son because his son had woken up early that day, well maybe he might have been the cause of it but his son had woken up.

Aidan was dressed in a pretty sky blue shirt, a deep red skinny jean and yellow sandals on his feet. He had his hair in braids which he had made that morning after taking a shower. The braids were of really different colors raging from red to orange. His mood was a little better that morning and he was feeling a little fine.

Aidan heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He quickly moved his eyes to the staircase and saw his granny and his brother coming down. They were looking beautiful and they made him smile brightly at them.

"Good morning?" Granny greeted.

"Morning..." Aidan responded.

He quickly got up and rushed towards them, giving them a warm morning kiss that made the both of them smile with their million dollar smile. Aidan chuckled and then hugged them tightly. He then went to the couch and started playing with his son again.

"I am sure you both need breakfast." Granny said, pointing at Aidan.

"Yes!" Aidan smiled brightly. "I actually had some tea but I am need of food okay?"

"Okay." Granny smiled, heading for the kitchen.

"And I will be outside to take a breath of fresh air." Ethan said softly, squeezing Aidan on the shoulder. Aidan rubbed on his brother's hand and then chuckled nervously.

Ethan smiled brightly and then leaned down to plant a kiss on his beautiful son. He smiled, getting up. Then he headed for the door, stretching his arms widely. He took a deep breath as he held the door, ready for opening.

And after a really deep and confident breath, Ethan opened the door wider, grinning at the wonderful nature. But as soon as the doors opened, Ethan's smile faded completely to nothing. His eyes widened and his mouth gaped. He actually gasped, touching his chest. Then he quickly took a step back as his heart gave a deep pound. He was immediately gasping for air.

With a loud groan, Ethan gave a deafening scream, filling the entire castle. He couldn't do anything at that time. The only thing that came to his mind was screaming and that's what he actually did. He screamed everyone's name.

It wasn't wrong before Aidan got his son into his arms and then started rushing to him. Granny came out of the kitchen and rushed to him. Justin who had been in his room dressing up came down the stairs, buttoning himself up. They all rushed to Ethan and found him screaming and trembling. He seemed to be in fear.

"Son," Granny's voice trembled. She had no idea what would make a grown man like Ethan to actually scream like that. It had never happened before so she got worried and scared at that time. "What's wrong with you? Why would you..."

But granny didn't finish her sentence and Ethan pointed out the door and said, "Look."

Without even wasting any time, all the family members looked in the direction where Ethan was pointing them. Once their eyes caught at what Ethan's was pointing at, they all gasped except Aidan. They couldn't believe it.

When they stared outside, they got the surprise of their lives. They could clearly see the Angria palace in its beauty and elegancy as well. It was shining brightly even though it was from a distance. Not only could they see the palace but they saw the city as well. The big city was still a bit far but they saw the tall buildings and their labels. There was no denying that they were in Angria. It was really a surprising thing.

"What?" Granny gasped, moving her eyes to Aidan. "How? What... what did you do?"

Aidan took a deep sigh and then held granny's hand. "I actually did what I thought all of you wanted and what I thought was for the best. I actually thought a lot about what you said to me. So last night, I came to the living room and did a lot of thinking. You actually wanted to be in Angria but also to live in this castle so... I have given you both." He smiled.

"But Aidan..." Granny gasped. "Why would you..."

"I love my family and I want what's the best for all of them." He chuckled.

Aidan's heart was racing. He was actually really scared but nothing was gonna tear him apart. He was gonna stay in Angria now. He had promised his parents and now he had done it. He had actually made sure that his castle was on the outskirts of town near the beautiful river. Everything that was in his compound had followed so he was good with it as long as his family and he were together.

"Aidan..." Ethan moved his eyes to him. They were still wide as hell. "Why would you choose to come back here? I thought I told you that I was happy living anywhere with you. I don't think that... you should have asked us."

Granny took a really deep and nervous breath. "Do you actually know what this means? You know that he will..."

"I don't care anymore, granny." Aidan said confidently. "I am ready to face anyone. I don't even care about him. What matters the most is that we will be happy here. I will not let anything bring me down here. My name is Aidan and I will not let anyone bring me down or cause me pain."

Ethan moved towards Aidan, facing him. He quickly gripped him and held him tightly. "Thank you so much Aidan. You did this because you love us all so much. I promise I will not allow anyone to mess with you or my son. I will always be here with you."

"Thank you." Aidan looked at all of them confidently. "You are all the best and it makes me happy to see you really happy. Thank you so much for everything that you've done in my life. Now just enjoy all this. You can do anything that you want now."

They all smiled and kissed his cheeks. Then they slowly got outside, looking everywhere. Aidan however remained in the doorway, smiling brightly. He moved his eyes to his son who was sucking his own thumb. He lost the smile and just took in deep sigh. He knew the consequences of coming back to Angria but he was ready for anything. He wasn't gonna allow anyone to make him... weak. He knew exactly what he had to do and he wasn't gonna give a damn.

***

The royal family was seated on the dining table, slowly enjoying their breakfast. They had just woken up a few minutes and decided to head to the dining table. Luis was with them and he was barely eating like he had been doing the past few days. Charles was with him every step of the way, making sure that he was doing alright. He was such a great help to Luis.

Then suddenly they heard someone screaming the king's voice, rushing everywhere. The king got up, wondering who had the nerves to call his name like that. He quickly dropped his breakfast and started rushing out of the dining room. Even the entire royal family got up including Luis. They followed the king into the living room and found about three cabinet members looking really sweaty and panting.

When they saw the king, the three of them rushed to him and bowed their heads before they started speaking.

"My Lord," One of them panted. "There is something that has happened in this kingdom."

"What?" From their expression and the way they were looking like, King Julian got really worried instantly. He looked at his wife and gulped. "What has happened? Please. Don't tell me that Wyatt has returned and..."