Unbroken Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes!" Charles who had been quiet finally spoke. He sounded extremely happy. "You are now happy and I can finally go home. But... did you see your son or what? How does he look like?"

Hearing Charles' question, Luis lost his smile and gave a gloomy sigh. "Unfortunately, Aidan doesn't want to show me our son. He couldn't let me in his castle. He denies him being our son but rather his son. But I know that I shall hold my son very soon. I just want him to... I want him to feel my love. I know he cannot keep my son away from me. I will surely see him very soon and..."

"Yes!" The queen nodded, smiling brightly at him. "That child is blueblood. That means that he needs to be blessed by the priest in the presence of both his parents. It needs to be done real soon and..."

"Yes!" The priest appeared right in the living room. "My queen is absolutely right. The child needs to be blessed."

"Oh priest," The king got up quickly. "I am really glad..."

"I know, my king." He laughed manically, moving his head from side to side. "I have already seen everything and I have seen Aidan face to face."

"But I am really worried." The king said with a sigh. "What if..."

"Aidan isn't leaving this place." The priest announced. "He is here to stay. He is the wizard of good cause that makes him a guardian. The almighty showed him his path and now he is here." He moved his eyes to Luis. "I can read through your happiness. I told you time is the remedy."

"Yes!" Luis got up and stood still. "But he is still not..."

"I have no answer for you." The priest chimed in. "All this rests on you. What's most important is that he is back into the kingdom and he isn't leaving. It is great news indeed and this kingdom will be happy for his return."

The king moved a little closer to the priest. "We need to see our grandson. How do we..."

"That's definitely out of my hands, my king." The priest simply bowed his head. "Only Aidan can allow you to see his son. There is nothing I can do, my Lord."

The priest made a quick turn, raising his trident. Then he laughed in a deep voice, hitting the trident on the floor. He was gone. He just disappeared into thin air.

The king sat on the couch and took a deep breath. "I need to have a meeting with the cabinet members today. Then we will try and go to Aidan's castle tomorrow morning and plead with him to at least let him see our grandson. I am the king but... I have no choice." He sighed. "Aidan is really powerful and I have no choice but to plead with him."

"Yes!" Granny said softly. "He was really hurt. We need to ask for his forgiveness. We really need him in our palace. He needs to come back. This is his home and he is supposed to be by his husband's side."

"Yes!" The king buried his head on his palm. "You are actually right, mother. We really need to ask for his forgiveness. He needs to come back. We shall all go to him tomorrow. Let him rest today and..."

"Ye..." Hanna jumped from her seat. She was extremely happy. "I can't wait to see him tomorrow. I swear I can't even wait for the day to end."

Luis was happy too. He just couldn't wait for that day to finally end. He would have gone back to that castle but he wasn't gonna go back. The priest had confirmed that Aidan was back for good and that was good enough for him. He was now a happy prince. He was gonna do everything in his powers to make sure that Aidan came back to him.

"I shall have you in my life." He vowed, nodding his head.

***

Aidan was slowly coming down the stairs, walking elegantly. He heard footsteps rushing towards him. When he quickly turned, he saw granny smiling at him. It had been a day already since they had been in Angria and he had just been with his granny. Ethan and Justin had gone out to just explore the forest and lakes nearby.

"Hey!" Aidan smiled brightly. She was carrying Jacob in a carrier.

"Hey!" Granny chuckled as she came towards him. They both came down the stairs and sat in the living room.

"So..." Granny started. "We were actually thinking of going out and just exploring. Do you mind coming with us? It had been a day already and I think we need to just leave this castle and have a little fun in the kingdom."

Aidan looked at granny and smiled brightly. "Maybe not now because I don't think I am ready to..."

Before Aidan could even finish his sentence, he heard something, a low sound. He quickly moved his eyes to the window and just stared out. He didn't even take a good look before the door opened and Ethan and Justin came rushing in. They both seemed to be panting. Seeing them, Aidan quickly got up, staring at the two of them.

"Ethan!" He gasped. "What's wrong with..."

"I think the king is on his way here." Ethan said with an angry growl. "We saw his car heading here when we were coming back here."

"What?" Aidan gasped, feeling angry. "Why can't these people just leave me alone? I don't want to see them and... god!" he stumped on the floor.

"I bet they are here for... for Jacob." Justin stuttered, looking at the young baby. "What are you going to do?" He moved his eyes to Aidan. "Are you gonna deny the king to see his grandson or what?"

Aidan took a deep breath before staring out the window. Even though he was outside, he could feel the cars closing in. Before he could even manage another breath, he heard the cars honking. He quickly moved his eyes to his brother and saw the fear in his eyes.

"I will go and..."

"No..." Aidan stopped Ethan before he even took a step. "Let me handle this. Just take Jacob okay? I will handle this."

With a final groan, Aidan started heading outside. He reached out and started going straight towards the huge bared gate. Gosh! He was really fuming. This had been what he had been afraid of when he thought of coming back to Angria and now... it was really happening but he knew exactly how to handle them.

Closing on to the gate, he found the doors to the car opening. There were about eight cars in total and he had no freaking idea what they had come to do. He went to the gate and stood still, folding his arms on his chest. It wasn't long before all the cars opened wider. There were many guards and drivers. The entire royal family came out of the cars with about five cabinet members. Seeing them, Aidan rolled his eyes and groaned softly.

When he moved his eyes forward, he saw Luis coming towards him. He was dressed in beautiful blue royal attire with a small royal hat on his head. He had a beautiful smile on his face which Aidan for some reason found to be really irritating. He had no idea why. In fact, all of them seemed to be smiling a lot. Aidan's eyes were so concentrated on the royal family that he didn't even see that there were other people that were just on foot.

"Aidan..." Hanna gasped. "Oh my God," She looked at the huge castle. "You live in this beautiful place?" She actually gasped, touching her chest. "This is the most beautiful thing ever and... oh!" She held her cheeks. "You are sparkling." Hanna was really mesmerized by Aidan's elegancy and beauty.

Without responding to Hanna, Aidan moved his eyes to the smiling and blushing Luis who had his eyes on Aidan. He was so mad at him for bringing his entire family to his place.

"What are you doing here?" Aidan said harshly. "I thought I told you to stay away from me and..."

"Aidan..." The queen called softly. "Please. We are all here to see you. We are also here to see out grand..."

"With all due respect," Aidan said, not even minding he was speaking to the queen. "This is my castle and I say that I don't want anyone here. If you don't mind, I would like you to please... leave these premises. I know this is your kingdom and..."

"No..." the king shook his head, getting a little closer to the gate. "Son... try to understand us. We just wanna talk to you. Please."

"Your majesty," Aidan tried hard to control himself. "I don't mean to be rude or something but please, I just wanna be alone. I don't want to see you and... I think you should leave right now."

The king took a deep sigh upon hearing Aidan's words. "How long will continue to try and avoid us?" he asked softly. "What do we have to do for you to just forgive us? Please, I am ready to do anything for you to just forget about everything that has just happened."

Aidan shook his head, roaring his eyes. He heard the king's words exactly and he understood him. "Your majesty, please..."

"Aidan," Granny came towards the gate and then smiled brightly. "My grandson, I know we were all wrong to accuse you about those things. It's the reason that we want to ask for your forgiveness and..."

"I don't want to dwell in the past." Aidan said harshly. "I just want to have some peace. I didn't come to this kingdom to be reminded of the past. I just wanna..."

"What will it take for you..."

"I have nothing to forgive." Aidan said softly. "I don't have anything to forgive you for. You did what you thought was right. Besides, I don't wanna come back to the palace. Please, just leave this place. Respect my wishes and..."

"Please." A loud gasp was heard when the king dropped to his knees.

Hearing the gasps from people, Aidan saw that they were actually not alone. There were a number of people with them, people that had come to see the wonderful and elegant castle and to see Aidan. But seeing the king on the dirty ground was probably a shock to them. They couldn't help but gasp. They were more than surprised. Aidan's eyes widened as his heart gave a really sharp pound. He moved his eyes to the king and found him still on the ground.

"Please." The king pleaded, holding out his hands. "I am ready to be on my knees in front of all these people just for you to finally forgive me. I know that I caused you so much pain. The almighty was angry at me for not heeding to his word and I think I got the punishment I deserved when this kingdom was under attack. Please..."

"Your majesty..." Aidan gasped, getting a little away from the gate. "Why would you kneel in front of me, in front of these people and..."

"I am willing to do anything and..."

"Isn't it enough that the king is on his knees?" One of the cabinet members asked Aidan. "What else do you still need? This is actually the second time he is doing this."

"I didn't ask him of this." Aidan sighed. "I don't want him to be kneeling down in front of me. This is his kingdom. He wanted me to be back and now I am back. I just want you all to leave me alone."

Hearing him, the king nodded and slowly got up. He looked at Aidan and Aidan looked away. "Can we at least see our grandson?"

"What?" Aidan exclaimed, chuckling softly. "I am really sorry, your majesty but I think you need to leave right..."

"Why is it so difficult?" Luis asked, pleading with the boy. "Haven't you tortured me enough? Please, Aidan... I am begging you." He knelt down on the ground. "I know you won't believe this but... I have really suffered a lot without you and..."

"Are we still talking about this?" He shook his head. "I told you I really don't want to hear any of that. I just want you to leave me the hell alone. Why is it so difficult to understand that..."

"I don't believe you." Luis chuckled softly, staring into Aidan. "I know you hate me right now and I understand you perfectly but... can I at least see my son? I need to meet him. I need to just take a look at him even if it is just from the gate. Please, help me out here. I am really desperate and..."

"Haven't we had this conversation?" Aidan snapped, not minding that the people were there. "That is my son and..."

"Aidan..." Hanna said softly. Her face was now really serious. "I know that what had happened was really bad. I told Luis he was really foolish, I really did. But..."

"Hanna!" Aidan sighed. "Please. Try to understand my feelings towards this issue. I know exactly what you feel but there is nothing I can do. I just don't want Luis..."

"But he's the father." Granny said softly. "Please..."

"I have said what I wanted to say to you." Aidan moved his eyes to Luis, dropping his hands. "You can stay here for as long as you want but you won't get me or my baby back into your life. In fact, I think I am done with this conversation."

With those words, Aidan made a quick turn and started going back to the castle. He hated that the royal family had come there. He didn't want to see any of them. He just wanted to be alone with his family. He wanted to live peacefully but they were not giving him any peace.

"Can you at least bring him to the palace for blessings?" Granny hollered.

Hearing her voice, Aidan stopped and made a quick turn, staring at granny. She seemed serious.

"For what?" Aidan shrugged. "Why should I bring..."

"Every royal child of royal blood must be blessed by the priest in the palace for protection and identification. It is really important that this happens."

Without even saying any word, Aidan made a quick turn and rushed back to the castle. The royal family and the people just watched in sadness as Aidan went back to the castle. They definitely had no idea what to do anymore. Aidan was really different from the boy they had known two years ago. He was really different.

Taking a sigh, Luis slowly got up and leaned to the huge gate which seemed impossible to open or even move. He wasn't feeling too well. He felt a hand on his shoulder and when he looked past his shoulder, he saw his sister smiling brightly at him.

"He will come around. You don't have to worry about anything."

"He is proving difficult." Luis said softly. "I had so much hope he was gonna allow us in if he saw everyone here but I was so damn wrong. What am I going to do now? I really want to see my son. I am dying to hold him. I love Aidan and he isn't doing much to help me right now."

She smiled brightly, rubbing on his back.

"What are we going to do now?" One of the cabinet members asked the king. "It seems like he doesn't even want to listen to us. He can't even open this gate and..." He paused and sighed. "Should we wait here and just..."

"No!" King Julian nodded. "Even if we spent a year out here, I am pretty sure that we won't ever get in this castle. All I am hoping for right now is for him to listen to what we have told him. That is the only way in which we can do this." He sighed. "We just have to listen to what he has to say."

"I can't believe he has done this." Hanna said softly. "How could..."

"Pain can change someone into something he or she doesn't want." The queen said softly. "We just have to respect his decision right now and..."

"I won't give up." Luis said, staring at the beautiful castle. "I will break the wall that he has built around himself." He vowed. "I will not allow Aidan to leave me. I am ready to be a fool just for him. I love him so much and I won't ever let him go."

The queen went closer to her son, squeezing his shoulder. "I know how you feel and I know..."

"No, mother..." Luis gripped the bar on the gate harder. "No one can understand my feelings. No one will ever be able to know exactly how I feel. It's the reason that I need him in my life. I shall have him in my life and that's the truth."

"I know, sweetie." She rubbed on his back. "We all need him in our lives. We all want him to come back but only time will tell when. We just have to keep on praying."

"Your mother is right," The king gave a faint smile. "Let's go."

Luis gave a gloomy sigh, staring at the beautiful castle. Even though Aidan was proving difficult and hated him, Luis still had a feeling that Aidan loved him. He still loved him a lot. Aidan was only mad because of all the pain that Luis had made him pass through. Luis was now ready to show Aidan just how much he loved him. He didn't care about what it was gonna cost him. All he wanted in his wonderful life was Aidan then he would live a happy and fulfilling life.

"Yes!" Luis started walking to the car with his eyes still on the castle. He was gonna go but he wasn't gonna give up on anything.

***

Aidan rushed into his castle, clenching his fists harder. He was really mad with what had happened. How dare Luis do that to him by bringing his family? All he wanted to do was just to stay in peace with his son. He knew that if he showed Luis his child then the guy would definitely take advantage of the situation. And the blessing thing... not gonna work at all. He didn't want to be fooled by them.

"Are they gone?" Ethan gasped, rushing towards Aidan.

Aidan moved his eyes to stare at Ethan, noticing how tense he was. He seemed mad and a little scared.

"I left them out." Aidan said angrily. "I am sure they are gone now."

"What did they want?" Granny exclaimed, getting closer to Aidan. "Did they come here to..."

"Yes!" Aidan chimed in, nodding softly. "They were here for my son and... I didn't allow them inside. I don't even care if he's the king of this land. I don't want Luis to take advantage of that and I..." He paused, giving a gloomy sigh. "I... it's just that..."

"You don't have to explain yourself." Granny said with a shake. "I totally understand you and your reasons for doing so okay?"

"Thank you." Aidan sighed. "Luis has been bothering me since yesterday. Why can't he leave me all alone and just let me be. I don't want him in my life. Is that too hard for him to understand? Is love by force? I just don't get it."

"No..." Granny gripped his arm, slowly leading him to the couch. They both sat together and she held his hands, cupping them into hers. "You need to calm down alright?"

"I am calm." Aidan sighed. "It's just that he's really getting on my nerves. Why is so hard to understand that he needs to stay away from me?"

"Yeah!" Ethan said angrily. "I will surely blind that guy. I don't care if he's the prince just let him stay away from this place. We didn't come here because of him alright? We came here for us and not him. What's his problem?"

Aidan just stayed on the couch, trying to calm himself down. For a moment it seemed to be working but there was a loud gush of wind through the living room. He wasn't even bothered because he knew exactly what was going. The priest appeared in the living room with a really serious face, staring at Aidan.

"Priest..." Aidan gave a sigh of relief, staring at him. "What..."

"You must take your child to the palace within five days to..."

"What?" Aidan shook his head, chuckling bitterly. "What are you busy telling me priest? Why should I take..."

"Your child is a blue blood." The priest said in the most serious tone Aidan had ever heard from him. He was surprised at the priest's words and he definitely didn't want to take his son to the palace for any reason. "He needs to be blessed in the royal household."

Aidan opened his mouth as a loud gasp escaped his throat. He got closer to Aidan, hitting the trident on the floor. Aidan thought the chief priest was joking but he knew from that serious face that he was really serious.

"Why would I..."

"Every child who carries royal blood in his veins must be blessed in the palace." The priest announced in a loud voice. "This has been the tradition of Angria princes and princesses since the beginning of time. This is really necessary."

Aidan shook his head, staring at granny. She was just as worried as he was. Then he quickly moved his eyes to stare at the priest once again. "Please. Don't do this to me. You know exactly that I..."

"Those are the words from the almighty." The priest roared. "I am only but a messenger. I never told you this because I didn't know it would be necessary. Now it is necessary and you should..."

"No..." Aidan nodded. "I am never going to let..."

"You must do this for your son." The priest raised his trident. "If you love your son and you want what's best for him then you will do as I have said."

"But, priest... wait... I..." Before Aidan could even finish his sentence, the priest was gone.

1...45678...15