Uncle Jason Lives with Us Pt. 03

Story Info
The story continues.
13k words
37.4k
35
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,752 Followers

Uncle Jason Lives with us Part III

This is the third in a four part series. There will be no voting or comments until after the story has concluded. If you find that too upsetting you probably shouldn't read the story.

JOHN

Gina and I just sat unspeaking and staring off into space lost in our own thoughts while we waited in the uncomfortable seats in the ER lounge. To say we were in a state of shock from the news that we had been given would be a monumental understatement. Both of us, but for different reasons, were trying to process that Jason Crowley had saved our youngest daughter Mary's life. I was disturbed at how quickly Gina had identified herself to the staff as Jason's aunt. I was very clearly grateful that Mary was alive, but had a foreboding of what the future was to be like because of Jason's actions. I briefly considered the possibility that Gina actually thought Jason was her nephew. That would mean that she was committing incest wouldn't it? Up until a few weeks ago I would have thought the idea preposterous, but now?

GINA

John seems dazed and confused. I on the other hand am being much more pragmatic. I of course knew Jason better than anyone else in town; who else was there to take care of him? As such I want to simply make sure that he receives the best care because he saved Mary. I'm a very good mother and Jason is the girls' uncle. My natural protection instincts were in overdrive. Of course I was not oblivious as to how the incident might allow me to continue having sex with Jason, but that wasn't my main motivation and it could be sorted out later.

JOHN

My contemplations were interrupted by a nurse calling out our names. We both jumped up at the same time, and I answered anxiously for both of us. The nurse led us inside the ER down a long hallway. We recognized people we knew from the school, Mothers, fathers, and other family members in various states of anxiety. Other than a couple of quick nods of recognition no one acknowledged anyone else. This wasn't the time because everyone had their own nightmares to deal with. We continued our trek; it seemed forever until we finally arrived at her room.

Mary called out to us with her arms raised, "Mommy Daddy, I was so scared!" She began to cry as we rushed to her on opposite sides of her raised hospital bed. We embraced each other and all of us were crying rivers of tears and thanking God for our good fortune.

"Uncle Jason saved us Mommy. He saved Mamie and me. We were so scared, we thought no one was going to come and we would die! There was fire everywhere and then I saw Uncle Jason. He just threw the seats off of Mamie and carried us out."

"Hush baby, you are going to be ok now. Mommy and Daddy are here. Everything is going to be ok", soothed Gina.

"What do you mean he threw the seats off Mamie honey?" I interrupted.

"Mamie was, I mean we were trapped by the seats from the bus, we couldn't move, then Uncle Jason was there and he was screaming so loud and he just ripped the seats off us and carried us out of the bus. Uncle Jason's shirt was on fire too and I could see that his hand was burned!"

With that revelation Gina broke completely down and I followed soon after. The understanding as to how close we had come to losing our daughter was too much to bear. As we sat on either side of her bed we were clutching one of Mary's hands, sobbing.

"It's ok Mommy don't be scared, It's ok Daddy, I'm fine. Uncle Jason saved me."

With all three of us talking, hugging, and crying at once it was hard to understand a word that was being said. A doctor had entered the room and was standing off to the side until things calmed down.

"I'm sorry to interrupt folks, but Mary is right", said the smiling doctor, "she is going to be fine."

I jumped up and shook the doctor's hand while wiping tears from my face with the other.

"We're sorry doc, its just, well it's...."

"I understand. Listen we have checked her over thoroughly and other than a couple of minor burns on her legs and some cuts and bruises she is fine. With your permission we would like to keep her overnight, just for observation. She is complaining of a sore throat so we want to keep checking on her for possible smoke inhalation. We looked in her throat and there are no burns or other issues. My guess is she, she ah, was screaming so much she just scratched her throat. But, let's not take any chances."

"Of course", I quickly answered and Gina just nodded her head vigorously.

The doctor left the room after telling us he would check back on Mary later in the evening.

"Uncle Jason is a hero isn't he Daddy?"

"He certainly is baby, he really is."

"He's here in the hospital too. They told me he was hurt, can you go check on him for me. I hope he's ok?"

"Don't worry, I'll check on....."

"I'll do it right now sweetheart, John honey you stay with Mary." Gina quickly cut in and she purposefully headed out the door.

I was very concerned about Gina meeting Jason alone so I told Mary that I would be right back and followed Gina to locate Jason's room. I watched as Gina checked briefly with a nurse who said something and pointed down the hall. I waited a few seconds then continued following until I saw Gina go into a room. I was going to burst right in behind her but thought better of it and stopped outside and listened intently.

"Oh my god Jason you must be in terrible pain. Thank you for saving Mary" and without hesitating planted a scorching kiss on his lips. Unquestionably it wasn't how an aunt should be kissing her nephew.

I noticed that a nurse was standing in the doorway. Her jaw dropped to the floor and her eyes opened wide in shock as she witnessed what was apparently a lover's kiss.

NURSE ELLERY

I have worked as an RN for many years and I have seen a lot of things but I was shocked at what I just witnessed, but hey I'm a mother too. Hell if that hunk had saved my son, I would fuck him on live television in prime time; my husband be damned! Besides it's none of my freaking business and I quickly left the room. As I was leaving the room I noticed the poor distraught father and husband had witnessed the same things I did. All I could do was to give him a quick sympathetic smile and a gentle pat on the shoulder then I headed back to my station. What could be said anyway?

JOHN

After witnessing Gina's embarrassing actions I just couldn't enter the room. All of my dreadful feelings came rushing back. I closed my eyes and thought, Jesus, John what's wrong with you. He might be fucking your wife but he just saved your daughter's life. Sometimes life's a bitch. Get your act together and go thank him.

I took a deep breath and opened my eyes and was startled to see Gina standing in front of me.

She snarled at me in a low throaty voice, "You can't go thank the man who saved your daughter's life, just because of our relationship. What is wrong with you? You're a better person than that!"

I had a terrible sinking feeling that somehow I was becoming the bad guy in all this, but I knew Gina was right and entered the room with her right behind me. The fact that Gina talked about her 'relationship' with Jason in the present tense wasn't lost on me.

I was having trouble interpreting all the emotions running through my mind. Of course I was grateful, but I also felt a deep anger and helplessness. I had lost all control of what comes next. I was just a role player in a drama I didn't write and couldn't edit. One of my strongest emotions was failure.

Every father whose child is hurt and he wasn't able to prevent it, experiences an overwhelming sense of inadequacy. It is a psychological scar that never goes away. When you put the emotions of my present situation on top of that, it became almost an unbearable burden. But I had to express gratitude somehow.

When I saw Jason I was genuinely shocked. He had a bandage around his head, both hands and arms were wrapped in gauze like material, I learned later that it was biological material used to promote healing of serious burns. He was shirtless and had the same material taped to several parts of his torso. Jason appeared slightly disoriented, probably from sedatives and he had several spots of a cream lathered on more minor burns around his exposed left leg. Jason also had several cuts, some with stitches around his face.

I went tentatively to Jason's bedside. I was unable to speak as I was so overcome with emotion. I just mouthed the words 'thank you' as I looked into his eyes. Jason just nodded slightly, a response that I thought curious. It was almost as if Jason was angry with me? No it was something else, but I couldn't put my finger on it exactly.

Just then a doctor and a phlebotomist entered. The 'vampire,' as they are nicknamed, quickly and efficiently began to draw blood for tests while the doctor looked at his tablet at what I assumed were various notes about Jason's condition.

Nobody in a hospital likes the blood takers. The night shift RN's would give the 'vampires' a wide berth when they entered their wards. They weren't particularly superstitious but there was no sense taking chances either.

When the doctor learned Gina was Jason's closet living relative he gave us an update on his condition. He told us that in addition to his obvious injuries they were very concerned about his lungs because apparently he had inhaled a good amount of toxic smoke during his rescue. They were worried that he could develop fluid in his lungs that could turn into pneumonia so they were going to keep him in ICU and under direct supervision for several days.

The doctor continued to update Gina and I as the 'vampire' took his prize and stealthily whisked it away. I guess after the ghoul had left the doctor felt comfortable enough to talk.

"Once Jason is released he will need aftercare for a few weeks. His dressings will need changing and he will need assistance for most of his normal daily routines, ah including bathroom functions." The doctor seemed slightly embarrassed and Jason's eyes got wide.

"I will take care of all that doctor," Gina promptly interjected. "He lives with us, we will manage it."

The doctor nodded and exited the room. Doctors are like combat infantrymen in a sense. Both of them feel that really bad things could happen if they stayed in one place too long. Of course in a doctor's world, usually that just meant being asked a question. Any question.

Gina turned to Jason and stated emphatically, "You're staying with us, and there will be no further discussion on the matter, understand?" She then looked hard at Jason for a minute then shifted her eyes to me, I made no outward acknowledgement of her whatsoever.

Inside, I was irate. Shit, shit, shit! Kept looping in my head.

We returned to Mary's room and visited for awhile, then left for home promising to return later that evening. We were silent as we walked out of the hospital into the approaching cool evening air.

I was thankful that we had taken separate cars to the hospital. Instead of going home and taking a chance that Gina would have headed there, I returned to my office. I locked the office door and turned the lights off and put my head down on my desk. "What a fucking mess." I said it out loud.

I hadn't a clue what I was going to do, but put a call into Ansel Adams my attorney anyway to see if he could offer any suggestions. His assistant told me that the first available appointment wasn't for several days; I glumly went ahead and made it anyway.

After sunset I went straight from work and met the rest of the family at the hospital to see Mary. After saying a quick hello to Mary I told everyone I would go check on Jason. I did notice Gina smile and give an almost imperceptible nod of head. She thinks she's winning, and she is right, was my fatalistic thought as I trudged toward Jason's room.

I had calmed considerably from earlier in the day. I was probably in shock not only from Mary's close call, but the insanity of everything as well. Part of me felt strongly that I had to do a better job of showing my gratefulness to Jason, but part of me wanted to place a pillow over his face and hold it down till he stopped breathing! Whichever one I chose I wanted to do that alone. On my way I kept glancing over my shoulder to see if Gina was following me, but it didn't appear so. I had resolved to have a brief but frank discussion with Jason. That

I strode purposefully into Jason's room after the on duty nurse said it was ok to do so. I grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the side of Jason's hospital bed.

"We have to talk."

Jason nodded and tried to respond but his voice was very hoarse and scratchy.

"Don't talk; I really just want you to listen to me for a minute." I took a sharp breath and continued, "I will never be able to thank you enough for what you have done for my family, I will owe you a debt of gratitude for the rest of my life, but my gratitude doesn't extend itself to being ok with you fucking my wife!"

As I was asserting my position I saw Jason cringe and noticed that the same nurse who saw Gina kissing Jason had entered the room. Upon hearing my inflamed words she executed a swift about face and was out before either of us could speak with her. I'm sure neither of us had any intellection as to what could be said about it anyway.

NURSE ELLERY

Holy shit I thought, you just can't make this stuff up! This is way better than my soaps, and I bet that the Hallmark Channel couldn't dream this story up. I am definitely going to put in for OT to stay on top of this one. I mean this could be really entertaining.

JOHN

Jason was actually looking very uncomfortable, but he was trapped in his bed so there was no where to run. "Please listen," he croaked and was holding his throat. "You have to find a way to keep her from taking me back to your house. I won't be able to resist her if she comes on to me." He was literally crying.

I really wasn't sure if Jason was crying because his throat hurt so much, or because of his admission. I slumped back into the uncomfortable wooden chair and had an epiphany of sorts. In a way Jason was a victim too. There probably wasn't a straight, red-blooded 19 year old teenage boy in America who could resist Gina if she put a full court press on them.

"God what a mess." I unwittingly spoke out loud. "I'll see what I can do Jason," I replied shaking my head, bewildered. I heard all my girls coming noisily down the hallway.

I was startled when Jason grabbed my arm, he winced in pain when he did it. "Please come back tomorrow, alone. I have to talk more with you."

I nodded, got up out of my chair and met Gina, Sabrina, and June as they stormed in. I informed them I was going to Mary's room and hastily left.

JASON

Later in the evening after visiting hours were concluded, I lay awake in my bed thinking. My thoughts were frequently intruded upon by the sounds of the constant activity typical on a hospital ward. I remembered the fear I felt the first night in the hospital when I awoke in the middle of the night to find a shadowy figure sticking a needle into my arm and drawing blood. The dark figure never uttered a word and left silently. Jesus what was that? I slept with one eye open from then on and learned a lesson that only those who have spent significant time in a hospital bed understood. If you need rest, don't go to a hospital!

Being alone gave me more time to think. That wasn't necessarily a good thing. The accident had left me with a feeling that life and death seemed so random. What would have happened if I had turned right instead of left at the last intersection? Would Mary be dead now, or would somehow my absence at that exact place and time have negated the accident? Could the driver of the truck been distracted by the back fire from my junker for the split second it took to for him to hit the bus?

I really needed to talk with someone about it, but I didn't have anyone available. I didn't have any family, none that I would claim anyway. My mother died a few years ago and my father abandoned his family when I was a young boy. I hadn't talked to my father in over ten years. I wish I had a father more like John.

I hadn't lived in town long enough to develop friendships that I would feel comfortable sharing my feelings with. Maybe I could talk to John about it?

The doctors had told me that I wouldn't be able to care for myself for a while; the medicos had made that clear. My insurance from work sucked, so I didn't have any long term care coverage, and I was flat broke. I might be able to stay with one of the guys from work, but most were married with families. And, I was pretty sure none of them would be willing to wipe my ass either, which I am told would be required.

I was torn as to what I should do. I could tell that John was a good man and that his wife's infidelity was destroying him. I hated that I was part of what was hurting John.

Maybe John will have some ideas I ruminated. He's a smart guy. I was actually looking forward to my meeting with John. The irony of which, was not lost on me in my present situation.

NURSE ELLERY

It was time to check up on the hero again. God he was a good looking kid. As I entered the room I realized I had startled him as he was just starting to doze off. "I'm sorry sweetie, I just need to check your IV's and make sure all the monitors are working and I will be out of your hair."

"Sheesh you sure are around a lot. Don't you ever go home?" He volunteered to me.

"I'm working a double tonight," I responded and began to check the monitors and IV drips. "I will need to take your temperature to make sure you aren't too hot." I gave him my best flirty nurse voice.

I saw Jason notice my name tag; 'Ellery.' "I like your name. It's very unusual."

Smiling, I responded. "My Dad gave me the name. It is of English origin. It means 'Island with Elder trees.' But that isn't the reason he gave it to me. He just loves the Eastern Sierra Nevada's and Ellery is the name of his favorite lake."

Jason laughed. I've never been there. I just moved out west a few months ago."

"Well, your family seems very nice," I countered lightly, but I was locked onto his eyes to gauge his reaction. Despite the darkened room, I could see his face turning a crimson color.

What's the matter honey, are your blankets too warm?"

Jason shook his head no and mumbled something about his family I couldn't make out.

"Do you need to use the bathroom sweetie?"

I know he wanted to say no, but I was sure he really did have to go. I can either give you a bed pan or I can help you make it to the bathroom. I was pretty sure he wanted nothing more to do with bedpans and urine bottles. At least we had given him pajama bottom type scrubs instead of those god awful gowns with the opening in the back. I could see he was further embarrassed because up to now the RN's that helped him just handed him his weapon of choice. My curiosity had formulated a plan in my mind.

He shyly nodded his head. I smiled and helped him to the bathroom. As he was standing at the commode to urinate I knew he was self-conscious as he clumsily fumbled with his draw string. The bandages on his hands made that pretty much impossible. "Relax sweetie, I've done this a million times. You guys pretty much all look the same." I untied his pj's and lowered them. Holy cripes, Jesus, he's hung like a horse! Thank god I didn't say that out loud. "Do you need me to hold that for you darling?" He sheepishly shook his head no. Yep things were falling into place with this whole 'family' scenario.

Tnicoll
Tnicoll
1,752 Followers