Unexpected Gifts

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well, I mean. How can I turn down such a gourmet breakfast?" I relaxed and sided up to the counter.

She walked around her kitchen, grabbing down bowls, pulling out spoons, then setting down a box of Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms in front of me before turning to grab the milk.

We ate in comforting quiet, the sounds of spoons clanking against bowls the only sound. I was almost done with my bowl of Lucky Charms when she broke the silence.

"So, eleven am on Saturday's work for you?" she questioned, causing me to stop mid-spoon and look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"I really don't have any tutoring slots open. I wasn't lying about that. But I can carve out some time on Saturday to help for about an hour," she explained.

"You don't owe me anything, Ava. If you don't want to work with me, then don't," I said, a little agitated, before I took a bite of cereal to dismiss the conversation. I was annoyed she felt indebted to me

"Damn, you are a frustratingly stubborn man. Has anyone ever told you that?" she huffed.

"Only anyone who has ever met me," I said without care around a bite of cereal.

Calculating a response, she finally tried again. "Look, you need help with a paper, and I need help being around guys I trust to help me get over this anxiety I'm feeling. So let's call it an even trade," she smiled like a cat that found the cookie jar.

I narrowed my eyes at her, knowing she'd used the same tactic on me that I used on her last night. But I'll be damned if it didn't work.

"Alright, I can make eleven on Saturday's work," I told her before we continued our breakfast in silence. When I was done, she took my bowl to the sink, rinsed it, then returned.

"I'm guessing you're antsy to get out of here. So let me walk you out," Ava guided.

"You going to be alright?" I asked, not wanting to leave her on her own if she wasn't ready, despite how much I wanted to get home.

"Yeah, it's daylight now. No boogiemen in the daylight," Ava joked. "My flatmate gets in tonight. I'll be ok," she clarified. I nodded and let her lead me to the front door.

Opening the door, she let me step out after I'd gotten my coat on. I turned on the porch to see a look in her eyes, wanting to tell me thanks again.

"I'll see you Saturday at 11," she scheduled instead. I nodded with a little wave and walked back to my truck.

CHAPTER 9

Ava made good on her word. She continued to tutor me for the rest of the fall semester. With her help, I passed the class with a strong B rather than the D I was destined for.

It was winter now, and the thick snow outside made me gloomy. Today was the last day of finals, and tonight, Celeste, Ava, and I were going out to celebrate before everyone headed home for the holidays. Well, everyone but me. I didn't have a home to go to, so I would stay behind.

I acted like being unable to go home didn't bother me, but it did. My dad could rot in hell, and after the bullshit with K, I wasn't exactly fond of Uncle Robert either. But I missed my mom terribly. We tried to stay in touch that first year, but dad found out, leading to a nasty fight between them. So, I cut ties with mom after that for her own safety.

A text dinged on my phone, and I grabbed it to see who was writing me.

'Ava has to drop something off at the professor's office before she leaves tomorrow. So, we'll meet at seven,' Celeste's text informed me.

I glanced at my watch to see I had about thirty minutes till I needed to be at Ava's to pick the girls up.

'Np," I typed back.

After everything went down, Celeste, Ava, and I became an unlikely friend group. I never in a million years thought I'd become friends with someone like Ava, and I don't think she expected it either. I'd have guessed we'd be more prone to enemies than anything sociable.

Surprisingly though, we seemed to understand each other. Ava pushed me in the ways I needed to, yet left me alone when I needed to be left alone, and I returned the favor. I wish more chicks were like her. Maybe I'd get along with them better.

As Ava and I continued our tutoring arrangement, she and I became comfortable friends. I wouldn't say I told her everything, I never told anyone everything, but I did open up to her more than most. I opened up more to Ava than Celeste, who people considered my closest friend, yet I doubt Ava realized how much I told her.

Eventually, I introduced Ava to Celeste. It wasn't long before poor Celeste had the biggest crush on Ava, while Ava remained utterly oblivious. I'd never seen Celeste get tongue-tied over a woman before. If anyone was a bigger commitaphobe than me, it was Celeste.

I was pretty sure if Ava ever showed Celeste a hint of interest, Celeste would jump on that and as more than just a hookup. There was real emotion and attachment on Celeste's part. I'd be happy if they got together, to be honest, but I didn't see it happening from Ava's side. She seemed pretty straight. Actually, in all this time, I hadn't seen Ava show much interest in anyone. So, who knows what her orientation was?

I was just happy to have these two women in my life, thankful for the stability and friendship they brought me. I needed them after the showdown with K. It was only their consistent presence that kept me from falling into the pit of despair I fell into the last time I split with K.

I still had my teammates and general friends, but Ava and Celeste were the family I desperately needed. Ava started hanging out with Celeste and me at football events and parties, working through her anxieties. It didn't take long for the guys to realize Ava was off the market when they came around. I'd throw punches at anyone who made her uncomfortable, no questions asked.

Ava had managed several legitimate friends among the team as I showed her that not all of us were complete assholes. As a result, I think she felt more comfortable letting her guard down, knowing I was there to have her back. She even invited Kowalski out with us a few times.

I would have thought maybe she had a crush on Kowalski, but both seemed more siblings than a romantic vibe. Fine by me, whatever she needed. I was just happy to see her progress.

"The whiskey has arrived!" I announced loudly as I walked into Ava's house. She entrusted me with her lock code a few weeks ago when she asked me to house sit while she and her roommate were gone for the holidays. Knowing her distrustful nature toward guys, I felt honored she let me have it.

Squealing came from the kitchen as feet pattered toward the foyer.

"Come here, lover," Celeste crooned seductively as she grabbed the bottle from my hand to look at it lovingly.

"Heh. Hello to you too," I said with mock bitterness as Celeste ignored me for the whiskey.

"Well, when you make me feel warm and fuzzy inside like this guy," she held up the bottle, "I'll greet you the same."

"I tried woman, but you turned me down," I complained.

"Meh, I'm allergic to dick. Sorry," she shrugged unapologetically as she led me to the kitchen after I hung up my coat.

"Hey, Jake," Ava greeted with a happy smile.

"Hey chica, how'd finals go?" I asked, knowing she'd run this year's finals for the professor.

"Meh," Ava waved her hand back and forth. "Try as I might, some students will never care about writing." Her voice was a little sad. Ava loved writing more than anything I'd come to learn.

Before Ava and I could finish our conversation, Celeste handed each a glass of whiskey. That woman worked quick.

"Cheers to surviving another year!" Celeste cheered as she clanked her glass with ours.

"Here, here," Ava said as she killed her shot just as Celeste finished hers. I smiled as I watched the ladies before killing mine, letting the burn slide pleasingly down my throat.

"Whooo!" Celeste cheered, definitely the loud one of the three of us. I knew she was thrilled she passed all her classes and was now ready to party.

Ava finished chopping the salad before moving to place it on the small nook table. We'd agreed to meet and have dinner before driving to the party at ten.

CHAPTER 10

Time passed, dinner was served and eaten, and now we sat around the living room with our whiskey in hand, talking about random things. Celeste had cozied next to Ava on the couch while I took the single chair in the room.

"Let's play truth or truth," Celeste said as her eyes sparkled with what can only be described as energetic glee.

"Truth or truth? Don't you mean truth or dare?" I asked, looking at my watch to see that we still had an hour before we should leave.

"Nope. Truth or truth. We go around and have to tell each other something we don't know about one another. It has to be something we wouldn't have guessed," Celeste said.

"What keeps us from lying?" Ava asked, wondering the point of the game.

"You can... but if you get challenged and can't prove that you're not lying, you have to take a whole shot," Celeste explained.

"Ok, I'm in," Ava said before looking at me.

"I would say no, but you'd both just harass me until I joined in anyway," I relented.

"Yep," they chorused together.

"I'll start. I was nineteen before I had my first kiss," Celeste said. My jaw dropped.

"Bullshit. You're a bigger hoe than I am," I accused, unwilling to believe Celeste was nineteen before her first kiss. She only grinned wide and pulled out her phone. She punched a number, and it rang.

"Hello," said a woman's voice on the other end.

"Hey, Bex. I'm sitting here with friends, and none of them believe you were my first kiss at nineteen," Celeste probed. There was silence on the other end, then a light chuckle.

"It's true, folks. I was Celeste's first kiss. She was a sloppy mess. I had to teach her how to kiss, or she would never get laid," the woman exclaimed.

"Hey!" Celeste barked, causing the woman to laugh. "Enough of you then. Talk to you soon," Celeste said. The woman said goodbye with a laugh and disconnected.

Celeste gave us a 'see' look, showing us how to play the game.

"I never kissed anyone because I didn't realize I was gay yet. I never had any interest in the boys. I just thought I was broken or something. When I met Bex, she was the first bi-woman I'd ever met. She asked to kiss me one night, and to my surprise, I wanted her to. As soon as her lips touched mine, I realized I was very, very gay," Celeste explained.

"Wow," Ava added. Celeste pointed to her, telling Ava it was her turn. "Alright, I was thirteen when I had my first kiss," Ava said, following the trend.

I huffed a sarcastic laugh. "You girls are too innocent," I goaded, shaking my head.

"What!" Ava and Celeste exclaimed.

I shrugged. "Let's just say I've had it easy with the ladies since I was young. I had a lot of football potential even back then, which caught a lot of attention. So when other guys were getting their first kiss, I was already way ahead of the game," I smirked. Ava rolled her eyes at my ambiguous dramatics.

"I can only imagine what you got up, Mr. Playboy," Celeste joked.

We went a few more rounds, learning little details about each other.

"I've never been with a black woman," I announced since we were on the theme of who we hadn't slept with before. Ava turned to look at me, and I shrugged. "I lived in a very, very white town. My half-Latina girlfriend at the time was considered exotic," I explained.

"You know, I've never been with a black woman either," Celeste added, her eyes sparkling with more interest than she intended.

Ava shifted a little uncomfortably. "Well, I've never been with a woman at all, so there's that," she said before taking a sip of water to diffuse the situation.

My watch beeped, telling me it was time to go. I showed the girls the time, and Celeste stood while I set for an Uber to arrive in fifteen minutes.

"I've gotta pee first, be back in a minute," Celeste said before walking out. The game fizzled to a close, leaving Ava and me in the room alone. Ava looked at me, a decision warring behind her deep amber eyes.

"Jake, you do have one secret I want to know about," Ava asked quietly, the liquid courage in her stomach making her extra bold.

"Hmm?" I acknowledged.

"Tell me about your cousin," Ava whispered, peeking down the hall to ensure Celeste was out of earshot. Curiosity sparkled in her eyes.

"My what?" I shrieked, panic lighting my veins. "There's nothing to tell," I barked, shutting the conversation down.

"I know, Jake. When my memories came back from the night of the party, I remember being out on the front porch to cool off when you and that girl got into a fight. You kept calling her your cousin and addressing her dad as an uncle. So I kind of put two and two together," she admitted.

"When did you get your memories back?" I asked, deflecting.

"A few days after. I just didn't bring it up," Ava explained.

"There's nothing to talk about," I shut down, my tone cold and final.

"Jake, I'm a safe space. You have to talk about it sometime. Why not me?" Ava pressed. I warred with the decision. Do I let Ava in and finally have someone to talk about this with, or do I keep her out like I do everyone?

I watched her eyes and saw no judgment in them or manipulation, only curiosity. I sighed and ran my hand along my jeans, a nervous tick I'd never been able to stop.

"K is the reason I can't go home," I started. "She's my mom's niece. We grew up together. I don't know what set her off exactly, but she became obsessed with me. Kept trying to seduce me, but I was dodging that bullet. Eventually, well, you saw her. I gave in. We got caught, and it got out. My family disowned me, my hometown labeled me a cousin molester, and I fled here." I kept the story short.

"Heck of a curiosity story. Your cousin sounds pretty intense," Ava admitted, and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, intense is an understatement. K loved the thrill of doing something so debaucherous and not getting caught. She didn't care who got caught up in the aftermath as long as she got the thrill. That tells you what you need to know about K," I informed.

"Seemed like it was a lot more than just kinky sex when she was here," Ava added as she peaked down the hall to ensure Celest wasn't coming back.

"It wasn't just sexual," I admitted after a moment.

"How did she seduce you?" Ava probed.

"You really want to hear the sordid details of how my cousin seduced me?" I asked a little coldly, not wanting to talk about this.

"I do. Tell me the whole story," Ava pressed, undeterred by my hesitancy.

I sighed, debating on if I wanted to just end the conversation here or not.

"It started for stupid reasons if I'm honest. It is not a secret that I've got a big cock," I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. "I don't talk about it much, but when you're big like I am, sex isn't so easy. Not for women, anyway. There are not many women who can handle me. K, she's the only one I've found. I was eighteen and stupid," I rubbed my hand against my jeans, uncomfortable sharing my greatest secret.

"She cornered me in the back of the pool house and dropped to her knees in front of me. She was just goofing off, trying to get on my nerves. I know she wasn't actually trying to blow me, but she was pissing me off. So, I whipped it out right in front of her face, hoping it would scare her off. I'd had more than a few girls back off after seeing my monster cock face to face," I explained.

I continued. "To my shock, K opened her mouth and took me without hesitation. I froze in pure shock before I recovered and tried to stop her. But she was determined and just took me more. Before I knew it, I was down her throat, and she took me unlike anyone ever had. She had me by the balls after that," I trailed off.

"So, when did it become more than just curiosity?" Ava asked.

"I don't know. We were just having wild, rowdy sex at first. That woman is a psycho. I can't tell you how often she blew me or fucked me with our family in the next room. One time at a family dinner, she convinced me out to the living room to suck me off. Keep in mind the whole family was in the adjacent dining room. We would have gotten caught if anyone had gotten up for the bathroom. She liked the danger and taboo of it. We were lucky we weren't caught sooner," I continued.

"I guess after the second month, it started to become more. It happened so suddenly; I wasn't expecting it at all. I don't have the best relationship with my dad. But, K, she was always there for me when no one else was. In my darkest moments, I had her pulling me back out. Again, I didn't expect it, but I fell completely in love with her and her with me," I explained.

"So, if you were in love, what happened?" Ava asked, her brows furrowing.

"It's not like I can marry my first cousin," I scoffed, thinking it was a ridiculous question.

"Sure, you can. It's legal in Alabama," Ava announced like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"Really? First-cousins?" I asked in shock, only for Ava to nod. I hadn't known that. I'd only looked at our state when I was researching it.

"Yeah, I know cousins who got married back home," she explained.

I thought that over for a second but then shook my head. "No, it was for the best that I didn't try to marry her. She's... she's a lot to handle. Very selfish, bratty, and extremely jealous with a short fuse, as you saw. Even without the family issue, she would eventually have dug me into the ground. Our family is pretty messed up. It is better to look outside the family tree than in it," I admitted more to myself than to Ava.

In all this time, I focused so much on the fact that K and I couldn't be together I'd glossed over assessing if we should. If I wasn't the right fit for Vera, K certainly wasn't the right fit for me. Some of me wondered if I'd ever get a healthy relationship.

"How are you doing now? That it's over, I mean. I heard your conversation before she left. So brutal," Ava asked, concerned.

"I'm ok now. Actually, you know, thanks for asking about this. I didn't want to talk about it, but this has made me realize just how toxic K and I were. Though I have to admit, I'm surprised you're not running for the hills or calling me a sicko for banging my cousin," I told her, making her chuckle.

"Nah, I guess what they say is true. Closer the kin, deeper in," Ava winked at me, making me laugh and gag. I'd literally fucked my cousin, but that quote still seemed disgusting.

"Can I be honest?" Ava asked, and I nodded. "I... kind of find it hot," she admitted conspiratorially. A weird sensation between shock and anxiety flooded my nerves. That was the last thing I ever expected anyone, little alone perfect little angel Ava, to say to me.

"What's hot?" Celeste asked as she returned to the room in a different dress than she was in a minute ago. "Ava, can you tie this? I just can't get it," Celeste turned her back to us to show her halter top was tied in an awkward knot.

Ava got up to help Celeste just as a text came through my phone, distracting me from Ava's bizarre comment.

CHAPTER 11

"Hey bro, Tin Can just lost electricity. So we're moving to party over to QB's. But, unfortunately, he won't be there until eleven, so the party has been moved back," Collins texted me. I returned a thumbs-up emoji and set my phone back on the armrest.

"Looks like we're hanging out around here a little longer, ladies. The bar lost power, and Braxton wants to move the party to his place at eleven," I told them as I canceled the Uber ride and rescheduled for an hour from now. I felt bad the driver was almost here before I canceled, so I tipped him before I slid the phone back into my pocket.

"That's fine by me," Celeste said as she turned around now that her dress was securely in place. "I get to hang out with my favorite people more!"

Ava and Celeste sat back on the couch, closer than before, with the alcohol in our veins.

1...345678