All Comments on 'Until The Christmas Party'

by funperson969

Sort by:
  • 179 Comments
Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed5 months ago

You have done better in some of your other early offerings. This one starts with an error (no athletic scholarships in D3) and then becomes just another cliché of entitled wife who cheats when the nest becomes empty. There really is no depth or plot buildup other than he becomes suspicious and tries to romance the wife again without success. The only surprise is for her finding out her lover is married. Since she is the outgoing one who knows everyone at work, it seems unlikely that she wouldn’t know her boss was a regular player. She has been married 24 years and thinks her husband will accept her tryst? This one only gets a 3.

COYSCOYS5 months ago

Great stuff

Short and Sweet, fun story. Floozydu jour , loved that.

ReedRichardsReedRichards5 months ago

Another story in which the husband who supposedly wouldn’t share put up with it until she asked for a week away.. I don’t understand how that works.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter465 months ago

Thanks, Perfect Ball Buster.

jocko_smithjocko_smith5 months ago

Nice work. I understand his waiting to see if she would regain her senses. Not what I'd do, but still quite reasonable. But when she continued down the path, he pulled the trigger on the divorce. Bye, bitch!

StrappySandalsStrappySandals5 months ago

I’m just not impressed with the sorry old trope of cheating clueless wife, and aggrieved husband getting revenge by outing the slut with a much deserved divorce… The story needs more!

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

I liked it. Thanks.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ great story!

taylorsamtaylorsam5 months ago

Don’t let the nit pickers bother you. Loved the story.

goodshoes2goodshoes25 months ago

5 stars. Typical but good. Everything wrapped up in a nutshell.

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

He stayed for 8 months knowing she was fucking someone else? He must enjoy seconds

Bullrider14Bullrider145 months ago

Very nice. Was hoping for more of what the company does to them. What are the long term effects??

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Nicely done, my only complaint is his waiting so long to act. I guess it's like ReedRichards said, if you are dumping her for being with another guy, why sit around for months and and watch her cheat? I understand it's not easy to give up on 24 years of marriage, but if it's a full-fledged affair and not a solo act of bad judgment, then why wait?

Keep writing, fp969. LW is a tough crowd, but you can learn a lot by reading the comments.

heydog52heydog525 months ago

Good read. Short and to the point.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Well written and left me wanting more, but it was a complete story. 4.8*

EastCoaster1EastCoaster15 months ago

While hubby evidently put up with her affair for some unknown amount of time until she crossed a final line, the way he told her about her boss and that her kids already knew of the affair was well done and earned 4 stars.

But if he had known for a very long time, less stars.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

love the last line...

Prince020402Prince0204025 months ago

I liked the story however pretty unlikely that she didn't know his family situation. Can't say I've ever worked with someone for more than a few months and the subject of marital status and family status h as not come up in normal conversation. This was her boss. She had worked there 24 years. They spent lots of time both in and out of the office together. Did he not wear a ring? Did he not have to plan their trysts around wife and kids schedules so he wouldn't be caught? Did she never come to Christmas parties? Pretty far fetched assumption that no one in the office knew he was married.

ejsathomeejsathome5 months ago

It was OK. Nothing special. Average at best.

Baldy74Baldy745 months ago

I do like your stories, but after reading through them they tend to finish abruptly and leave you wanting just a bit more.

swfb70swfb705 months ago

great story but I want more- write another chapter dealing with the aftermath

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I don't understand why he'd stay with her once he found out about the affair.

It takes considerable imagination to accept that she'd work with Brent and and carry on an affair with him for months without finding out that he was married with children.

textosteronetextosterone5 months ago

5* Great story. I like the abrupt endings... There's nothing left to be said.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

He gave her a very long time to decide which way she wanted to go. Not sure many men would have. Plus he did not mention taking the matter to HR. They all work for the same company.

BrentJWBrentJW5 months ago

So she is the queen bee and social butterfly in the sale department but has no idea her boss is married with kids and is slowly fucking the other sales girls? She should learn to pay attention.

MormonJackMormonJack5 months ago

Enjoyed the tale! Thank you! The wife was clearly not as intelligent as she thought: telling a company accountant that the company is hosting a sales-only thing clear has its flaws. While not mentioned in the story, who did she think pays the company bills and, as a consequence, knows about all of the company-planned events?

Writing a tight, short story is hard and that means some things don't get resolved. I get that and applaud your efforts here. Even so, I'm quite curious: how did Laura (daughter) know and why didn't she raise the topic with dear, old dad? Or raise the topic with mom to get her to desist?

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now5 months ago

"You don't qualify."

Epic rejoinder! Love it.

MasterKoteMasterKote5 months ago

Pretty good story but felt the ending cut off like a cliffhanger

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

He's right, there are better women out there. After the divorce he can get them fired since as the accountant, he will be able to show how Brent used company funds to pay for their trysts.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Poor story formation …absolutely incoherent… unles I missed the part where he is suspicious and does his background work…to get evidence.

Also how does Lisa know? And why then allow the slut more chances to choose and come back? So if she had chosen to not go to the retreat he would have taken her back? Like a full grown wimp? That’s where the story fails!, shit stupid!

jstformejstforme5 months ago

It’s a nice fantasy where the MC is ready and waiting, even the kids are fully on dad’s side…thank goodness girls never relate to their mom eh? Yet another author who plays it safe where the MC has a Superman cape under his suit. Try writing about a real person not in the top 1% for a change.

servant111servant1115 months ago

No pathos.

4 stars

oldguy1oldguy15 months ago

cliche ridden formulaic same old same

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I bet she'll be glowing from that nuking for a long, long time.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c15 months ago

So daughter knew about cheating and said nothing to father? F her and the wife....

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu5 months ago

Good one.

I do like it.

But maybe a little aftermath, dear @funperson969?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

An understandable cheating tale. A fair story to boot.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story; but it could have developed into a much longer and better one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

After all she did, he waited? Really?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I've enjoyed your other submissions in the LW category, but this story feels like it was an assignment in a writing class that you needed to hand in. Pretty much cheating wife boilerplate. (How could she know so little about her company goings on and in particular her boss's history and family life!)

I know that they all can't be 5 star stories, but hope that this author opts for quality over quantity.

PondLife2023PondLife20235 months ago

Super! No sign of the “Forgiveness Bug”! BTB.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove5 months ago

That's is how you handle a cheating spouse. It did lack the range of emotion involved in the loss of a long marriage, and his rant was a little too perfect, but it was a breath of fresh air among the stories here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Next chapter please

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

Good story story. Hard to wait ut the right move.

keepitmoistkeepitmoist5 months ago

Missing like 40 to 60% of the middle. No build up.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nothing new here. I mean absolutely nothing new or interesting. I seldom agree with ReedRichards on much, but his comment hit this one square on the head.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

How ridiculous that this moron husband waited from Christmas, or at least when his cheating wife first consumated her affair at Valentine's Day, until Memorial Day. That's about 3 MONTHS! Why wait that long? To see if she came to her senses? So, were you still having sex with your wife while she fucked her lover every week?

Plus, it's an impossibility that she didn't know that her Boss/lover was married with kids. Nor that he had been bonking Brenda just before she took up with him. She wasn't stupid, whatever else she suffered from.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I love the last two lines! An accountant with a sense of humor.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Division III programs do not offer athletic scholarships because they emphasize a well-rounded, balanced college experience as opposed to one heavily focused on athletics.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

They both work in sales(with Brenda), but she doesn’t know he’s married with kids?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I agree with everything Tx77 said. I would add that the story lacks 'character development'. 1*

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell5 months ago

Nice and to the point.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

D3 giving out full athletic scholarships? Can’t happen

PowersworderPowersworder5 months ago

Nice scene. It's a shame you didn't flesh it out properly to a full story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Like others have stated I don't see why he would wait so long regardless of what the kids said. Once he knew then out with her. I am guessing he learned in February so he waits until Late May?

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars - for an average BTB - nothing new or unique here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why women wait to extricate himself from this toxic situation? Why would his daughter want him humiliated?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Endless tropes and cliches do not a contest winner make.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just started the story, and one comment. At D3 schools, you only get partial financial aid based on academics and other factors, but no athletic scholarships of any size are swarded. Back to the story.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not a major issue, but Division III schools don’t give athletic scholarships.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wavering between three stars and four. I settled on four.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Forget the naysayers, good short story with all the elements to make it so.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

I don't often agree with Reed, but I do here. I guess it's because of his talk with his daughter, but he has all this info and sits on it?

And that "fragile female ego!" She thought that a handsome, she thought single guy, was really interested in her?

GardenshedGardenshed5 months ago

Good short story. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So he just held all this info and played the dumb cuck until this show down? I don't think most guys could do that.

OldGuy1946OldGuy19465 months ago

I was going to give it 4 little gold pointy things but the last line earned it 5. Well done.

.

OG

Rolando1225Rolando12255 months ago

Nice story. We know what happenied to his marriage. We don't know what his future holds, the same with all of us. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He's talking about integrity and morals and yet he put up with her fucking her boss for months. It doesn't add up. Neither does her not knowing he was married with kids.

R0ckiesfanR0ckiesfan5 months ago

Perfect example of giving her enough rope to hang herself with. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Like some of the posters below I enjoyed this but found myself wanting more. I too, was mystified as to why the MC waited so long to pull the trigger on a wife who was clearly no longer committed to the marriage but the way he did it was excellent, No one can say he didn't give her enough rope with which to hang herself!

Prince020402 pointed out some plot holes that I have to admit I didn't pick up on while reading but I still think it was a four star read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Noticed you printed mostly the positive reactions to your story. That's OK. My satisfaction comems from know you know what I think of your so-called writing. The fact you didn't print my comments still doesn't stop your story from STINKING!!!!!

Happily_Married87Happily_Married875 months ago

Good story! I enjoyed it. I think a possible part 2 just another short one from her view point from how it started and what see did when she was exposed and post divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cute, but what about the fact that he is her boss? Is this company in Uzbekistan or North Korea where there are no sexual harassment laws or corporate governance? You guys get so caught up in writing the same story over and over that you forget to include reality. This was, however, one of the best treatments of this worn-out cliché, and mercifully, you didn't drag us, the oft-abused readers, through a ten-thousand-word detailed revenge plan, and there were no SEALs, spy satellites, or Ninjas fast-roping from black helicopters. The dialogue was snappy, sharp, and readable (that puts your story in the top 25% on this site). You've got promise if you keep polishin' the brasswork. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

@Gamblnluck--my thoughts, exactly. A company exec harasses and beds a subordinate, direct-report and the spouse of a fellow employee is an HR scenario nightmare. Trust me, I've been there! Hubby is going to get paid, hugely, as these never go to trial. The wife will also get a settlement, and she will not lose her job, though her career is dead. The harasser will get fired, and unofficially, the word will get out. That's because companies are only liable to an out-of-pocket maximum determined by their size, net-worth, and revenue. If this was a mid-size, local company, that's probably $500K to $1M. Above that amount, a liability policy kicks in. The insurers, as well as the company regulatory and HR people, try to limit that exposure, so that's why you, me, and everyone else in corporate America must complete annual training concerning ethics and workplace sexual harassment. The silly thing about these stories is the fact that in most companies, Directors and above are under employment contracts, and the portion concerning sexual harassment, workplace romance, ethics, and compliance is often half of the document. In 26 years in HR, I've seen it all. Yes, you are right; the HR hammer is the one that will smash Brent into bug pulp.

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian5 months ago

I find it both interesting and instructive that in any group of readers, there are those who want more story after the resolution and those who like the quick, clean ending. Sadly, we often see the writer downvoted or excoriated because he/she dared to write long-winded or close the story before the reader was fully satisfied. It also seems like the BTB stories are the ones with the more unforgiving "more" advocates. Like I stated: interesting and instructive. It seems that those who provide free entertainment cannot often win no matter what they do. But, as they say down south of the Rio Bravo, 'Y el mundo sigue andando.'

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

MormonJack mentions the plot holes I caught. Suggest that you get someone to read things before posting. It's like the films where a 5 year old kid sees holes in the arch villain's master plot.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good. But as with so many of these stories about a wife going nuts, tne hubby seems to wait way too long to pull the divorce trigger. In this case…if he really had any notion to try to reconcile with this idiot, why not confront her much earlier and see if there is any possibility to fix things? Why wait for her to have some sort of magical “moment of clarity” month after month after month?

.

4 ****

ribnitinribnitin5 months ago

Succinct, well written. Does the job. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story but needed more depth and a decent ending as this one was too abrupt

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Beautiful. I love it. 7 stars, the Bear approves. The stupid bitch torched herself, and the standard lines spilled out. More, please. the BEAR approves.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice5 months ago

Short and to the point. Very enjoyable quick read. 5*

cyendreycyendrey5 months ago

Quick story, but with an unexpected twist to bring the rapid closure. Well written and enjoyable, - no wallowing in self pity.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"What about me?" she asks. "You don't qualify." Perfect finish for this nice story.

However, there's little depth to the story. It's also hard to imagine that she didn't know that Brent was a womanizer or that he's married, or that he dumped Brenda. Or that her husband would fall for an obvious lie, especially when there's other plans for him & her to be together on vacation.

Lastly, the line: "I thought you were smart, Luce. Obviously, you have no integrity or morality, but imagine my surprise at discovering you have no intelligence, either." Perfect. The lack of depth deserves 3 stars, but the lines were enough for me to raise it to (a low) 4 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What ribnitin said. Spot on the money. Not another word needed.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff5 months ago

More depth would have earned a fifth star.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

He should've confronted her right away. Why wait. She cheated it was best to get it over with. You just put yourself in more misery.

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

Another good one from your quill!! 🪶 you are a very good writer maybe bring on a 5 pager??

Freddog6601Freddog66015 months ago

Nice well put together quick story.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for a Great "Fuck around, and fing out" story! Short and Sweet. Thanks, Buster2U

FeltfixerFeltfixer5 months ago

I quite liked this enough for 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Boring. This is a site for sex stories, not lifeline women's channel. zzzzzzzzzzz

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol5 months ago

Hah! Thank you!

-

Be well!

Sumnut96Sumnut965 months ago

I think THE BEAR said all that needs to be said. DMW aka

Flh3241Flh32415 months ago

I gave it 5 stars it was quick and to the point

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Short but straight. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Great short story. He popped her fantasy balloon real sudden like.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous