Valentine's Day - 7 Years Later

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pat again jumped in to break some tension, "I know! I said the same thing to Karen and Dave! Kat, you need a drink. What can I get you?"

As Kat spoke, I could feel my lips silently reciting along with her, "Absolut and tonic, rocks twists of lemon and lime." I cursed my own brain for remembering her drink after all this time. Then, a voice next to me cursed out loud.

"Well, fuck" it was Jenn, looking back and forth between Kat and me. "I guess I've lost you." She pulled her arm away, gave me a kiss on the cheek and worked her way toward a different group of friends across the bar. Kat slid into her spot standing at the bar with both of us being very careful not to make any physical contact. Fortunately, the rest of the group had moved past the awkward moment and started chatting again.

For the next hour, we all kept drinking and telling old stories. A few times, even Kat and I found ourselves swapping stories and laughing together. At one point, I caught myself looking at her, catching her bright eyes laughing in the bar and I felt an old pang of attraction. I was confident that she also caught me glancing at her amazing cleavage which made her smile. At that point, I switched to drinking Ginger Ale so that I didn't get carried away and make a decision I would regret.

Slowly, however, the group and the bar started to clear out. Just before midnight, Kat and I found ourselves seated at the bar alone in the corner. I was searching for someone, anyone, to bring into our orbit, but Kat was just staring at me. I finally accepted the situation and looked straight at her saying, "So, here we are."

"I'm sorry." Was all she said.

"Don't be sorry. I'm glad you made it. We all love Harry. Besides, I figured we would see each other."

"No. I'm sorry for everything. I swear, I never meant to hurt you back then. I was young, stupid, and wasn't thinking." I was amazed that she was starting to tear up a bit. I signaled the bartender and asked for a napkin for her and a soft drink for me. I decided that imbibing in more alcohol wasn't the best plan for continuing this conversation. He glanced at me, then Kat, before moving on to get my order.

"Well, there's irony" I said.

"What?"

"He saw us talking, then you crying. He probably thinks I'm dumping you." We both chuckled at the oddness of the moment.

"Kat, look, I'm glad we saw each other. You look amazing. But really, I don't want to think about what happened back then. It took me long enough to get over it when it happened."

"No. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to call you or write you or send you and email. Just to say I'm sorry. You deserved more back then. What I did was inexcusable."

"Yeah" I interrupted. "Jenn used the word 'cunty' earlier. I thought it fit."

I was trying to stay calm, but the anger and hurt from years before was now building like water pressure in my chest. As I sat staring at Kat, dressed to the nines, her eyes moist from tears, I wanted nothing more to either throw my drink in her face or grab her and kiss her. I just wasn't sure which.

I took a deep breath and finally said, "I'm not gonna yell, I'm sure in hell not gonna cry again. But there is one thing. I want you to answer one question."

"Anything."

"Why the phone call, Kat? Why that fucking phone call?"

March, 1991

After that awful night, I went through all the stages of breakups. I sent Kat flowers with no response. I cried. My parents had me over for dinners where I didn't talk much. I drank a lot than usual. I went to work, then I went home. Finally, after about two weeks, my best friend Mac showed up at my door on a Friday night. He came into my place, opened a beer and sat down.

"You have two choices." he said. "I've given you two weeks. So, starting tonight you either snap out of this, we go out and have fun or ... I kick your ass."

"Mac, I'm not in the mood."

"Ok, so you're picking an ass-kicking?"

"You're not kicking my ass."

"Fuck you" Mac was legitimately angry now, "I will kick your ass from now until Tuesday if I have to. Everyone from your co-workers to your mother to me have the same opinion. Kat was bitch who fucked around behind your back. Fuck her. Your family has been worried for months that you were going to propose to her."

Mac was on a roll, now. "Instead, you just blew a bunch of paychecks on a cartoon. Again, I say, fuck that and fuck her. Yeah, she had awesome tits and I guess she was awesome in bed. But enough, pal. I am not leaving until we go out and start getting you back on track."

For the first time, I had clarity on what had happened. Kat wasn't the amazing girlfriend I had imagined. She cheated on me and fucked me over. She didn't deserve any more of my time.

Mac slumped back down and added, "Or, there is always the ass-kicking option."

Realizing he was right, I gave up, "Give me 20. Let me grab a shower and get dressed."

Mac's wake-up call and threat of physical violence was the spark that lit the flame in me again. I spent the next few weeks going through the final stage of the breakup: senseless partying, drinking and hooking up. That first night, Mac brought me to a neighborhood bar that we frequented. There was a waitress there, Cassie, with whom I always flirted. Somehow, Mac must have mentioned to her my recent heartbreak and she was very attentive that night. She and I ended up back at my place after her shift where she broke me out of my funk with some impressive oral and gymnastic skills. I spent another weekend with a former 'Friend with Benefits'. I broke a hotel policy by escorting an older businesswoman back to her room when her key wouldn't work and ended up staying for a quickie.

My life was getting back to normal, when one evening on my ride home from work, my car phone started ringing. I recognized the number and considered not picking up, but despite the voices in my head telling me otherwise, I answered.

"Hello, this is Jason."

"Hey Jason, it's Kat."

I tried to keep my voice as flat and controlled as possible, "Hey Kat. This is probably the most unexpected call of my day. What's up?"

"I mean, nothing, but I thought I should call you so we can talk. We never really had a chance to talk about how things ended."

Flat and controlled went out the window, "Yeah, well, I wanted to talk, I begged you to talk, but if you remember, you were too busy banging your boss when you called me. So, let's watch our pronouns, what do you say?"

"Jay, it wasn't like that."

"Really? Then go ahead. Tell me what it was like!" At that point, I was yelling into the speakerphone and actually pulled over into a fast-food parking lot so I didn't get into an accident.

"Look, I didn't mean for any of this to happen this way. Rob and I were working a lot together and I guess we flirted quite a bit. One night, we were alone in the office and he came up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders. I was so tense from everything and it felt so good, I started to relax. He kept going and when I leaned back he worked his hands inside my shirt and starting rubbing my breasts through my bra. One thing led to another and we had sex on my desk that night."

As Kat told her story, I remember sitting in my car just staring out the window as cars drove by. Oddly, I wasn't angry or sad or hurt anymore. I was actually just kind of bored and apathetic as she droned on.

"When we finished, we were both just embarrassed that we let it happen. Rob had a girlfriend; you and I were together and it was supposed to be a one-time thing."

"Yeah...but it wasn't, was it, Kat?"

"No. After that first time, we just couldn't stop ourselves. We had more sex over the course of the next few weeks in all kinds of crazy places. One day, we snuck into the stairwell of the building and he bent me over the railing. If we worked late, I would blow him or have sex with him while he was on a conference call. It was so dangerous and hot, we just kept trying to do more and more crazy things."

"Kat, seriously, why are you telling me all of this?"

"I guess I just wanted to give you some answers. It wasn't anything you did. I didn't want you to wonder."

"Seriously? I've been wondering for over a month what the fuck happened, Kat!" I was irate now, "And you could try not to sound QUITE so patronizing? I know you well enough, this all about your guilt. So, go ahead, what else is there to tell me?"

"I mean, I guess..." she started.

"Oh, wait, I DO have a question, actually. The lingerie, the blow job, the anal, that was all because of him, wasn't it? You might as well tell me now. Is he the one that got you to act like a slut when you wouldn't for me?"

For the first time, I had gotten under her skin and it actually felt good. I could hear the anger in her voice this time, "You know what, I called to be nice. To give you some closure and make you feel better about all of this. But yeah, Jay, all that was because of him. I started wearing garters and stockings to work so it was easier to fuck him there. When I blow him, he holds my head down until I can't breathe. And yeah, Jay, I gave him my ass. Does that make you feel better to hear all of it? Does it make you feel better to call me a whore because we didn't do any of that? The fact is, I'm not the innocent college girl you were dating. I'm a woman living in the city and it's time I enjoy that and not waste it with a boyfriend who is hundreds of miles away!"

This was the fight I had been waiting for and probably needed. When the breakup happened, I was too caught off-guard to be angry, but this time I was ready. "Well, let me congratulate you, Kat. Up until this very moment, I was sad about what happened between us. Now? I'm actually glad it did. So, enjoy fucking your boss. Enjoy being one of the most overdone stereotypes out there -- young girl fucking her boss. And I'm telling you now, enjoy when Rob finds a new young thing and starts fucking her instead of you, because I can guaran-damn-tee that will happen at some point.

"And let me guess, the whole time I was trying to call you, before my trip and after, you were with him. I'm starting to put all the clues together. I've been mad at Lyndsey when all she was doing was trying to hide what was going on. I get the distance thing, I even get the break-up, but I honestly never thought you were just such a nasty person."

"Look" Kat responded when I stopped. "You can hate me all you want. You can call me whatever you want. But let me tell you this, you're 100% right. I could tell you about all the times I've fucked him and where and how. I could tell you that he was buried inside me when you were leaving messages. Hell, I could even tell you that we were trying to get you both to fuck me at the same time while you were here, but I knew you wouldn't do it. You were still do lovey-eyed with your perfect little girlfriend to want to share me!"

"Y'know what, Kat? I'm done. Have a good life. Goodbye." And with that I hit the "End" button on the phone.

12:01am February 14 -- 1998

Kat was staring at me, still wiping tears from her eyes as she started to answer, "I felt awful after we broke up. You were right, I was at Rob's when I called you back that night. I couldn't stop crying and he actually got upset with me. He tried to get me to have sex with him, but I ended up going home. When I got there, the animated cel you got me was still in my room and I started crying again. I basically sat up all night trying to figure out what the hell I had done to fuck everything up.

"The next morning, I saw Lyndsey before work and she told me that she was going to move out as soon as she found a new place. Turns out, she was tired of lying for me and she thought Rob was a dick. He even would flirt with her and tell her join us if we kept her up at night. She actually said that if I could screw you over the way I did, what would keep me from screwing her over with the rent or the lease.

"I talked to Rob and was happy. He helped me find a sublet for my place and I ended up moving in with him. He broke up with his girlfriend and I'm not gonna lie, it was great for a while."

Kat took a sip of her drink and I waited for her to continue.

"Then, a bunch of things happened all at once. A lot of my 'work friends' stopped inviting me to things once Rob and I went public. Guess nobody wants to be friends with the boss' girlfriend. Then, one night as were walking into our place, Rob's ex was outside. She had been drinking and proceeded to call me every name in the book. 'Slut', 'Whore', all of them. And she did it in front of the doorman, people on the street and a few people in our building."

"Still doesn't explain that shitty phone call, Kat."

"I'm getting there. Like I said, I was feeling like shit and then I got a call from Janice, my sister-in-law. She saw you with someone in a bar."

"When did Janice see me? Where?"

"She was at a conference in Philly. She and some co-workers went out to a bar one night and she thought she saw you. She was literally walking over to talk to you when she said that some blonde girl came over and the two of you starting kissing. She didn't know what to do, so she went back to her friends and called me the next day."

I immediately knew the night and the blonde Kat was talking about. It was my 'Friend with Benefits' that I talked about before. But I was still confused, "I don't get it. Why would Janice seeing me make you call me like that?"

Kat took a long pause and sip of her drink, "Because I didn't tell my family we had broken up. They knew we didn't see each other often so it didn't come up much. They knew Lyndsey had moved out but didn't know why. And I had my own phone line at Rob's, so they didn't know I had moved in with him. When Janice called me, I told her a sanitized version of what happened. The next thing I know, I had my entire family calling me to bitch me out."

"Really?" I was actually surprised, "I didn't think any of them liked me that much."

Kat chuckled, "Heh. Don't worry. They didn't. They really didn't care I had broken up with you, but they were furious I had been lying to them for weeks. My father couldn't understand why I would move in with a man and abandon my place, my mother was furious that they didn't even know my address. They both really let me have it about the lying and deception. Then, my brother called me and came after me hard about the sleeping with my boss thing.

"For close to two weeks, every call I got was one of them yelling at me and telling me how disappointed they were in me. Then I had Rob in my other ear telling me to ignore them and forget about you and move on. The more I thought, the more I realized I had nobody to talk to. I mean, I couldn't even call any of our college friends because I was the one who cheated and broke us up. I couldn't call my family because they would just yell at me. The more upset I got, I more I rationalized that if you hadn't been out with that girl for Janice to see, none of this would have spiraled. So, I figured if I was miserable, you should be too. And.... I called."

We both just sat for a minute. The bartender was doing his best not to make eye contact but I knew from working in the industry that this would be a story he would be telling friends and co-workers for years to come. I mean, it did sound like some sick soap opera unfolding in front of him. The lounge had cleared out a bit. There were still a few faces I recognized but all of our close friends had left.

Kat spoke first, "I just wanted to say one more time, I'm sorry."

"Thanks. Believe it or not, that's good to finally hear. So, are you and Rob still together?"

She chuckled again, but this time there was no joy or mirth in it. "Nope. We lived together for close to two years. Then I came home and found a used condom under the bed. I was on the pill, so we never used them. Turns out, he was screwing a chick from sales, just like everyone said he would.

"I ended up moving back into my old place, alone this time since I could afford it. Rob left THAT girl behind when he transferred to the West Coast. Believe it or not Kim, that's her name, and I are actually kind of work friends, now. Common enemy sort of thing, I guess."

For the first time in a number of years, I saw the Kat I knew again. Her eyes were wistful and glossy, her body more mature by a few years, but she was there and she was right in front of me. Despite everything, Kat was my first love and there was a small opportunity to get her back. I had lost her once, years before and for a time thought I hated her. But that hatred was melting away as my passion for her took over.

"Y'know" I said, "It's past midnight so it's technically Valentine's Day. Maybe there's a way we can both get some better closure on all of this. I mean, there's a certain amount of irony in all of this, don't you think?"

Kat looked at me and I could tell she was curious and cautious. I took my hand, ran it up her arm to her neck and underneath her long hair. I gently took her neck and pulled her toward me. As soon as our lips met, we both knew where this was heading. Kat wrapped both her arms around my neck as our tongues explored each other's mouths. My left hand started to reach up her side to caress her breast when I heard the bartender not-so-quietly clear his throat.

"You want to settle your tab, now?" he asked.

I looked at Kat who gave me a quick nod of her head and said, "Definitely, I'll sign it to the room."

I signed the tab and Kat and I left the lounge arm in arm. We stopped by the bell stand to grab her suitcases and took the elevator up to my floor. We barely heard the chime to exit as I had Kat pressed up the wall of the elevator while we continued to make up for lost years. My hands were exploring her body, trying to grab her breasts, ass and legs all at the same time. She was pressing against me, trying to feel my now rigid cock through our clothing. We stumbled out of the elevator and got to my room where we dropped her bags.

I threw my suitcoat and tie onto a chair as I followed Kat toward the bedroom area of the suite. I approached her from behind and wrapped my arms around her, grabbing her breasts with both hands. In response, Kat pressed her ass back against my crotch and began grinding against me.

"Unzip me, please."

Kat pulled her hair forward so I could reach the zipper of her dress at her neck. I slowly unzipped her and revealed more and more skin as I did. I kissed her neck and shoulders as her red bra straps were revealed. I continued down until I could see the top of her red panties through her panty hose. Her dress fell to the floor as she shimmied it over her hips and down her legs. I reached my hand around and tried to reach to her pussy, but her panty hose proved to be too much of a barrier. I tried rubbing her through them, but it was getting awkward.

Kat used her body to push me back a bit and she laughed, "Sorry. No stockings tonight. I wasn't exactly expecting this. Why don't you get undressed while I use the restroom and get these things off?"

I watched as she walked across the room, dressed in her heels, pantyhose, panties and bra. Her body was still amazing and any questions I had about the rest of the night were instantly quieted. I was actually glad I had stopped drinking a bit earlier as I didn't need a case of whiskey-dick ruining the night. I stripped down to my boxers and folded down the covers of the king-sized bed. I turned off most of the lights and was just climbing into the bed when I heard the bathroom door open again.

Kat came around the small corner completely naked. She was carrying her undergarments and heels and put them by her suitcases. If her body looked amazing in her dress, it was even better now. She had obviously been keeping up a fitness regimen as her legs and body were still tight and athletic. Her tits were still large and stunning, not showing any sign of passing time. She had trimmed her bush so that it was in a neat, tight triangle around her pussy lips.