Valentine's Day in Wild Alaska 1983

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And then there is rest — a silent descent. Sweet rest for me as I lay under his still urgent need. Passive and limp now, I am spent of all strength. His need unmet — I must help him some more. He pierces and slays me with his hot burning sword, until I start thinking; there may yet be one more. I lift my legs to encircle him now — he slows down to grind his hips round and round. He's rubbing me now in such a nice way, my hips push up more eager again to play. And at it and at we go right along — the way he's panting it won't be very long. But surprised I am that I now feel it too and I'm ready to go for round number two. With one final thrust he stiffens and stays, I pull him in tighter as he moans my name. That tips me right over, then together we lay ... undone and undone as if we'd both been slain. The last thought I have ... a perfect way to finish such a strange, strange day.

*****

Epilogue:

The next morning, Ethan slipped quietly out of bed to retrieve the partially plundered box of chocolate treats. When he snuck back under the warmth of the covers, Carley snuggled up to him in her slumber. Then, trapped by her love, and needing to pee — he picked out a candy and bit off a piece. Under her nose arose such a smell, so sweet and tempting that she opened her eyes. The first thing she thought; 'last night ... it wasn't all a dream.'

As mauled and plundered as they were, the Valentine candy was the first gift he ever gave to her. In all these years that have come after, that battered and bruised heart shaped box is one of her greatest treasures. Yes men can sometimes be clumsy, but sometimes despite themselves, they do something damn well.

They did go back up the road that day and found her backpack. In the bright sunny day nothing seems as frightening as in the dark of the night. Ethan had no choice but to make it back home — the dogs and the cat were left all alone. The question became; did she want him to take her to the nearest safe haven — or did she want to spend more time with him in his own slice of heaven? It really wasn't a hard choice for her to make, but he felt obligated to see that she got somewhere safe ... if that's what she wanted. So for the rest of the week, they stayed close to home — and close to each other as the northern lights danced. Then finally it came, a long, bittersweet trip into Anchorage the day before her flight home. But they got a nice room and Ethan made sure she got a good look at an Alaskan town in a boom.

Carley did go back to San Angelo to finish her degree. Ethan continued on the North Slope. It just took calmer heads and realistic expectations to work it all out. Letters were plentiful and phone conversations were had when they were able. The arrows Cupid launched that fateful night embedded deep and slowly love grew even at such a distance. What seemed so tragic when they kissed goodbye and parted that winter day, subsided into a bittersweet longing for the days to just pass more quickly away. Finally, thankfully, the year apart came to an end. The love kindled on that long cold night never flickered and died. Even from such a distance it only grew stronger, the distance making a bond built on memories past and on dreams of the future. But most importantly it was the belief that the love they now shared was not an illusion. What had happened was not an accident of fate — not a dream of fantasy — but destiny.

The pathways to love are as numerous as the stars on a crisp cold night. Ethan and Carley found their path despite the obstacles and the odds against them. Now, standing under the ethereal luminance of the Aurora Borealis on many a winter night outside their cabin, they search for their special star — the one they have claimed as their own. By the crackling fire in the main room of their home, they talk and plan and dream of the next big adventure. At night they share a new, much more comfortable bed in warmth and assured security — there, they make love to mark the end of another day together. For now, children are agreed upon, but on hold.

Because there's not only adventure in the land of the midnight sun, there's also wealth to be had by those not afraid of hard work. They are both wise enough to seize that which is at hand. With Carley's skills in geoscience, and Ethan's hard won skills of making things work despite the obstacles, they have built a small consulting service. It provides both livelihood and freedom to follow their Alaskan dreams. It's been that way from the start, when gold was found in the Dawson Creek area and triggered a rush of humanity into the frozen unknown. In time, that spread far and wide across the land of the midnight sun. Fortunes have been won and lost, but there will always be those who are eager to go. Go north young man, go north young lass — Go, chase your dreams while you are young and strong.

The End

***

A Thank You:

I do hope this little yarn brought a moment of cheer in these dark days. The history of mankind is marked by ups and downs. My sincere wish is that your days are more up than down. Let us try to look more often at the farther horizon and not at our feet stuck in the mud. This past year has been hard on my creative energy, but this story was fun to write.

I also want to thank the Literotica author Omenainen for the invaluable advice and proofreading. I think you'll enjoy their contest entry, I did. As this is a Valentine's Day contest entry, I thank you for reading. I'd also like to solicit your comments and ratings — plus, I just always enjoy hearing your thoughts. ~ yukonnights