All Comments on 'Valentine's Day Magic'

by knowsbetterxx

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

5/5

Beautiful!

True love

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

uuhh.

okkkayyy...

so, ahh, is there a next chapter?

really this was uhm, not different from thousand of lover's ghost stories.

different names but almost the same story....

RWessonRWessonover 1 year ago

It the right category, this should.be Supernatural OR Taboo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incest is NOT loving wives!!!! Sick!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Touching story, but wrong category. This should be in Fantasy/Science Fiction. Yeah, you wanted LW readers but you didn't write a LW story. It might even be more appropriate in the Incest category. It is what it is. Otherwise it would rate higher. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A stupid shit… writer took the love out of a beautiful day by implying incest… rotten shit!

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Pretty well written story, but it probably should have gone to Incest. You'll get some heat from the LW folks just for the implication.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

Very nice, loving story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Pretty good story but moved a bit fast in places. I wasn't able to get fully engaged with the characters. Decent narrative flow but occasionally felt like you were ticking off plot points to get the story over with. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it.

.

5 *****

Buster_ServicksBuster_Servicksover 1 year ago

I liked it. It had an interesting twist at the end -- the idea of having sex with the magically reincarnated body of an old lover is worthy of further exploration. Having said that ---

I thought the background material was a bit tedious. If you ever rewrite this, try to start the erotic action earlier and give us what we need to know about the background in the form of flashbacks. A few direct quotes to break up the long narrative descriptions would also be good.

Eschew cliches -- i.e., "sweet young girl" and "tender age." How about "wide-eyed virgin" or "a rosebud still wet with the morning dew of innocence?"

It's hard to imagine that she'd mistake her son for her late husband. Although they looked alike, they weren't identical. Maybe the light was bad? The power out? Perhaps she was a bit drunk, or high?

As I said, I liked the story a lot, especially the premise. I'd like to see a longer, reworked version.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 1 year ago

Knows, your story was very touching, but never use dates or items that can be dated with out a little research. The Vietnam War (Conflict) ended around 1973 when Nixon ordered our troupes home. Iphones weren't put out until 2007, best case scenario James Jr. would have been 35 for that to happen. If he had graduated at 18, gone to 4 years of college, and then two years of separation, he would have been 24. That's about ten years too soon.

I hope you do well, but next time keep better track of your dates, you would have done better using the first Iraq war.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An iPhone really? The first were brought to market around 2007/2008. Her son would have been way older by then. I thought the story was taking place in the 80s or 90s given that her husband got killed on duty in Vietnam (early 70s) and her son would be in his early 20s?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure this is the right category for this.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

So like Chris Chan and his mom?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow!!

pioneerxpioneerxover 1 year ago

Great (not implied)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

True love conquers all l!!!!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Yeah, your time frames were a little off, but you have written a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

This is like a Imhapless story. Author wanders into areas which typically the LW crowd would bring out the torches and pitchforks. But the story is nuanced or outrageous enough that the reader accepts cheating or in this case implied incest.

The incest only happened in her mind. Because it never happened hopefully she never entertain that thought again after realizing the horrors of doing so. She also know her dead husband always loved her and be looks of it still does. Pretty cool twist.

Full marks from me.

knowsbetterxxknowsbetterxxover 1 year agoAuthor

"Yes, you are all right," he said chagrined by the mention of an iPhone (Remember it is like 25 years after the Vietnam conflict ended but iPhones were still a bit in the future although texting had arrived) in the story. When you get old, like me, sometimes things kind of run together, Not excusing it I am just saying it can happen. For those upset by the classification I understand. I struggled with what to classify it as. She didn't commit incest, it really wasn't horror and so because she was a loving wife I put it there. Believe me, I will NEVER put something in the loving wives category again. That is a brutal category that will get you dinged no matter what you write, I guess. Please forgive my shortcomings. The only way I can figure out to get better is to write and submit. Thanks for all your comments.

BogieraBogieraover 1 year ago

Not sure if it belonged in Loving Wives category or not, but the story itself was a good effort.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

Why?

Why do so many of you think that every story should have perfect spelling, perfect grammar, perfect punctuation, time lines, etc. etc. on an erotic story site and the story is fictional.

Just a bunch of whiners.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s a sad bit of truth about the LW being so brutal ! My theory is that it is frequented by lonely heartbroken ex husband’s whom hold bitter resentments and bittersweet memories of their own experiences and have not vented it entirely hence the onslaughts of insults and innuendos . However it’s just a theory ! As far as your tale fared ; in my humble opinion , it was well written , seemed quite original.and was powerfully exciting yet morbidly tragic , but in a good way . Personally it brought moisture to my eyes and the ensuing sniffle alerted my wife of my emotional instability , much to my dismay . She observed my dwindling manhood when my ID bitch slapped my EGO putting my masculinity into a temporary tailspin , but I quickly recovered by belching loudly and scratching my balls and adjusting my manhood while death staring my wife dead in the eye until she looked away I then grunted and resumed my rightful place on my throne ! Oh btw I give it five stars and a standing ovation

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

For some Vietnam truly ended April 30th, 1975, I was medevac'ed out earlier April as there were lots of TAD/TDY's orders till the end. Who do you think helped evacuate via various boats - USN/USMC!

\

The first iPhone ~June, 2007. Texting didn't really become a thing until +2010 after flip-phones.

\

Nice story, even though I saw this one coming when the 'weather was bad'. Becoming a Hallmark story just missing the magical kiss to end the story.

\

Still 5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 1 year ago

I see where you were going with this, but still something seems off or missing. Just wasn't complete IMO.

VitriolhackVitriolhackover 1 year ago

Loved it, I wouldn’t worry too much about the anachronism.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

That was really terrible, I can hardly see to write. 5 stars

tralan69ertralan69erabout 1 year ago

Not incest!

There was no incest in this story! It may have been implied, but it did NOT happen!

If your mind took you there, that is on YOU!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userknowsbetterxx@knowsbetterxx
I like to write and started writing erotica some years back as an exercise to improve my descriptions of things and actions. I guess I want to see if I have any talent at writing and to improve what little I probably do have.