All Comments on 'Valhalla Chronicles: Grace English'

by Dimachaerus

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
DimachaerusDimachaerusover 10 years agoAuthor
This is the final version.

This is the final re-write of this story. I hope any of you that read it the first time will take a second look. To my way of thinking the ending, and the whole story in general is now infinitely better than it was before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
The Sex Was Hot, the Plot Absurd.

The plot concept of having a lawyer start out as a defense counsel and then becoming a prosecuting attorney and joining a club for business and other networking contacts and then having a group sex show was far too much disbelief to suspend! The usual career progression is prosecutor first, then private sector. In the US, the government has a monopoly on criminal prosecution, and in most larger cities and counties, is a full time job. It's a full time government job! So she wouldn't have the solicitations about the other members retaining her as their lawyer--she'd lose her job! In addition, government salaries for prosecuting attorneys are typically $30 - $80k, or $14 - $60 p.h. The bigger money comes in the private sector--that's where lawyers charge $200 - $600 p.h or more. Unless Ms. English is looking on leaving her prosecutorial job and picking up one or more of the Valhalla members for $150 - $400k+ of annual legal work, she is completely insane in putting on her sex act.

So this is just impossible to believe! Change Ms. English's job to something else, and make the prostitute she successfully prosecuted into some other sort of antagonist (high school or college rival, or second and much younger trophy wife for her father--who destroyed her mother) and then you may have a somewhat more believable plot.

DimachaerusDimachaerusabout 8 years agoAuthor
Very informative feedback

Actually I appreciate your input on the finer detail of business very much. As for changing the profession of Grace English that is not possible because every detail of the original story (a Night in Valhalla) and its subsequent chronicles are tightly entwined. I have in fact written most a third chronicle (Valhalla Chronicles: Jasmine Parks) which further elaborates on all of this..it is unpublished at this stage as I can be somewhat of a perfectionist and im in no hurry. As for why Grace joined Valhalla and why she finally engaged the way she did..well, her motives were purely sexual. Valhalla was written as a place where any vice could be endulged safely and doing business while there just happened to be a convenient side benefit for those gathered. It was not stated but implied in the story that breaking that silence came with a penalty too severe to risk for any reason. What that penalty was ill leave up to imagination. Sure....your information on career path and branches of law is valid but is it not also safe to assume that a woman of such talents as Grace would use her fame in order to create many revenue streams aside from a humble Prosecutors salary. Again that is something i left blank as it didnt drive the story. in all stories such as this there has to be a little suspension of disbelief. Pull enough threads and any story (even ones based on fact) will un-ravel.

I wrote the parent story and the subsequent chronicles in such a way that each one adds new information to every other story like a jigsaw puzzle..perhaps reading all will give greater clarity on some matters..i can tell you there is vital information in the as yet un-submitted third chronicle (Jasmine Parks) that brings further clarity to matters that i purposely left out up until then. Anyway..thanks for one of the best and most informed comments ive had to date on this particular story ark. It's also worth mentioning that this story does not necessarily take place in the U.S.A. I myself am not from there however i have lived there. I am from a part of the world many of you up there refer to as 'Down-Under'.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous