Verity's in Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It's all manufactured and you would have to sign a contract with certain conditions. It would end when she left. One downside you will not be allowed to fuck but no one would know that."

"Fuckin' hell, why me?"

"Well she is a bit of a brain box, she likes intelligent guys; she wants intelligent conversation. Architects are on her list of turn-ons. You know intelligent, creative, blah, blah, blah. You look studious, you got the looks and you've got an excellent photogenic body. "

"Sounds like I could get a commission out of her."

"That's all you think about don't you."

"Gotta put food on the table."

"You will be paid for this, you understand."

"Oh dear, dear me. I get to squire the most beautiful woman in the world and I get paid for it."

"Well there are conditions."

"Like what?"

"Well you have to get a tattoo; big Maori one, say over the shoulder. Like some of our rugby players have."

"What the fuck!"

"You see the Ministry of Tourism is partner in this and you are to be the quintessential kiwi bloke."

"Well I don't drive tractors and shag sheep!"

"Too bad you can't be perfect, so there you are."

"That's no biggy, really. I always fancied a tattoo; this is my excuse. If it's a Maori one I'd better have a chat to Pania about it."

We have a Maori consultant for this stuff, so we get it right. Any way we have a few other things lined up in the publicity department. At some point you get to play touch with a bunch of guys that include a couple of all blacks. I hope you are fit."

"Well, I have played a lot of rugby in the past but I am not exactly what you call All Black fit."

"No matter, it won't be a real game; more of a photo shoot."

"It still seems really weird, doing this stuff. What if we are sprung by the press? It would be fucking embarrassing."

"Don't worry, it happens all the time. The press will lap it up. It's called a 'fauxmance' in the business. Everyone wants to believe in fairy tales. The women's rags will love it; the ladies just love this stuff."

"What's this Fleur Grayland like?"

"She's a stuck up, spoilt diva bitch... no just kidding. She is actually really, really nice; unusual really. She has great people skills. People who meet her really love her."

"Where do I sign?"

"Oh, one other thing; there will be some filming as well. There is a possibility that there may be a pilot for a new reality series featuring Fleur but it is not in the bag as yet. It could end up alternatively as a doco or it might be shelved."

*****

The thought of this put Stephen on top of the world. His excitement was such that his announcement to Verity about what he was doing was uncharacteristically insensitive and in the circumstances downright cruel.

"Hey guess what, I have a new job."

"That's nice what would that be."

"High class gigolo, I get to escort Fleur Grayland while she is filming in New Zealand."

Silence

"You are kidding me."

"No Marlene contacted me, I signed up today,"

"The bitch, what did she do that for?"

"Hey, we are separated; we agreed we could go out with whoever we wish."

Verity began shouting

"Well I haven't and nor have you until now."

Verity bursts into tears.

"Hell, it's not a real affair it's a publicity thing. The Ministry of Tourism is involved. I have to sign a contract that I will not fuck her."

"Have you gone insane, no, have you all gone insane?"

Verity continued to whimper "You could have at least asked me." She then burst into tears again, rushed away and locked herself in the toilet.

*****

Stephen's love affair with Fleur got off to a good start. Marlene had indicated to Stephen that it would not take much time. They had booked him into a tattooist a couple of weeks in advance. Stephen nervously put extra time into the Gym.

In accordance with the contract Fleur still had a right of refusal. Stephen had thought that he would be nervous and would not make a good impression. If he convinced them for her to come to his place of work he would be calmer on his own territory. He could introduce her to the team and she could see some of his work and perhaps go over to Charles's studio for coffee. Fleur did not take much convincing as it turned out she was really interested, as her own father was an architect.

When Fleur eventually arrived she was unexpectedly by herself. Stephen discovered that as well as the beautiful person she was known as; she was polite and gracious in a very English way. Stephen was struck however by how little she was. In the movies she seemed to be larger than life but in the flesh she was an elfin delicate creature. Like a piece of fine porcelain, Stephen was afraid he would break her.

She and Stephen hit it off right from the start. She was very knowledgeable on the subject of architecture and Stephen was actually quite inspired by some of her observations and ideas. She was very charismatic and all the staff she met fell for her charms. She had natural auburn hair and striking green eyes that seem to sparkle with her ready infectious smile.

Arriving at Charles' studio her effect was the same. Before they had taken coffee Charles whispered in Stephen's ear "If anyone was going to turn an old fag like him, Fleur would." She charmed all at Charles's studio; that is all except Verity who just sat at her desk glowering behind the computer screen.

Marlene had arranged their get-togethers solely around photo ops. Two tickets were arranged for that years film and television award night and of course she and Stephen were the centre of attention. Photographs from the red carpet appeared in the next day's dailies of Fleur with her new Kiwi beau.

This immediately led to an exclusive for a Woman's magazine. A boat trip was arranged for a photo op of Stephen with a couple of his mates that included some fishing and bathing. There was opportunity to showcase Stephen's wet tanned physique complete with his new Tattoo. Fleur was impressed and remarked that she had expected a creative to be pallid and weedy.

"Not this one" replied Stephen, "I hope it does not undermine my credibility as an architect."

"Not in the slightest," Fleur was now peering at him with slightly hooded eyes and in an exaggerated purring voice, continued, "You haven't considered breaking our contract have you?"

Stephen had to think this over while Fleur studied him with an enigmatic smile.

Finally he ventured, "Are you serious?"

"Ha, you are interested. I thought you might be gay."

"You are shitting me around here," Stephen coloured, looking embarrassed.

"I'm not you know, would you consider a stuck up pommy bitch?"

Fleur now had her hand lightly on Stephens arm

"Don't put yourself down. Yes of course I would....but..."

"But what?"

"Well I'm just divorced."

"Isn't that good?"

"Well I have two children who need a stable family environment."

"A family from a loveless marriage then?"

The jab took Stephen by surprise.

"I don't know. She is really, really jealous of you."

"Really?.. why did you get divorced then."

"We can't seem to reconnect."

"You've done counselling and all that stuff?"

"Yes, but it's complicated."

The public affair went on; with the obligatory paparazzi shots of them strolling out shopping and on the beach, holding hands and necking in public.

The story explained that Fleur was heartbroken after her acrimonious break up with her fiancée, Marcus, and was finding solace with her new Kiwi lover. She waxed eloquent on how sensitive and caring he was. The head line was a stark, "Jilted star, Fleur's new Kiwi hunk."

When Stephen went to pick up Amos and Hugo, Verity went ballistic and threw the magazine at him; telling him he need not come back. Despite the rage Verity was not one to sustain a temper but she was not happy and their communication remained tense. Possibly her anger management program had been of use.

Stephen at this stage began doubting his circumstances. He was succumbing to Fleur. It was not intended but he felt resentful of Verity's attitude and rejected. But then, were these feelings real or were they a convenience to get closer to Fleur and her status?

It was about then the rugby photoshoot happened. Stephen had a bit of a makeover for the occasion. He still sported his beard but a buzz cut with a side fade gave him a contemporary look fitting to the player and tougher demeanor.

Stephen had been a rugby player in high school days and could foot with the poly boys so when it came to the touch photo shoot he was not shy. Totally at home with the guys, the touch turned into a full on rigorous game. This was followed by a short period of less than touch rugby when to the surprise of all, Stephen turned over one of the All Blacks; in fact the meanest one. There was a short period of posturing as the two stared each other out causing the organizers to nervously rush in to separate the two. But it was all in good fun when both broke in broad grins followed by a man hug. Parting, they clasped fists, slapped backs ending a very successful photoshoot.

Fleur was wide eyed at all this and very impressed although she did notice Stephen limping a little after the All Blacks had left.

Maybe it was all the testosterone being thrown around stimulating her dopamine but Fleur made a play. "It will not be long before I go; Marlene's not here, why don't we throw caution to the wind and retire to my place. I have a bottle of a local bespoke Gin with your name on it."

Equally besotted with dopamine, Stephen could only reply in the affirmative. "How could I refuse, such a virtuous and courageous lady." This would be a night to remember.

An hour later found them both in Fleur's serviced apartment, lights low and something from Michael Buble, gently playing, courteous of Spotify.

A couple of G & T's down, Fleur's infectious giggling was getting to Stephen and he was responding in kind. They were laughing about the day's events.

"I didn't really picture you as a rugby player."

"Oh, I did OK in my time. My favoured position was full back but I took a few big hits too many and I had to retire due do recurrent concussion."

"Oh, that explains it!" was Fleur's smart mouthed reply followed by another round of giggling. "That guy you turned over, man, he was a beast. How did you do that?"

"I don't think I would have got him normally, he just wasn't expecting me to do it. I just went in to tackle him nice and low and caught him off balance."

"Hell, you've got to be brave to even attempt that. He has a fearsome reputation. I had even heard of him, he is on ads in the UK."

"It was a personal challenge really. It would be my only opportunity to do something like that."

"You're nuts, he came down right on top of you. Come on, I saw you limping once they have gone. That must have hurt." Fleur was smirking but plainly in awe.

"Aw, it's only pain. You play rugby for a while, it becomes second nature. I knew the consequences but I couldn't miss the opportunity. I tell you what; I wouldn't have got that other guy. This one just goes through people, I saw him ping off five pumas scoring a try. He went over with two of the Argies clinging to him. So much momentum he was unstoppable."

"And, you tackled him just like that." Fleur was breathless. "Why do you think you wouldn't get the other guy?"

He's a wing. He's a real twinkle toes. He has a side step like you wouldn't believe. That followed by his acceleration, you'd never catch him."

"Well, you could blow me down with feather. I never imagined an architect being so passionate about rugby. You know, you remind me of Marcus. He is like you except its cricket. You know, he has played for England."

"Shit, that Marcus, I didn't know; man, he is one awesome all-rounder. Although he is not a specialist, he can get a hell of a swing on that ball when the conditions are right. I saw him cut through our batsmen in a test match the last time they were touring here." Stephen notice that Fleur had trailed off and was silently looking away.

She recovered, changing the subject.

More gin later found them close, one step from a clinch; they were both on the couch Fleur was beginning to snuggle into him with her legs tucked up under her. Stephen was slouched his legs manspreading.

Stephen was catching intermittent whiffs of her expensive perfume and was succumbing to the arousal the perfume provoked. Fleur was chatting about something; Stephen could not concentrate on whatever it was, especially since as she did so, she was lightly touching his thigh as she gesticulated. She eventually laid her hand there which totally disconnected his brain and he turned to look her directly into her dreamy eyes.

Her response was to lay her hand on his now stiffening crutch allowing two fingers to search out the buttons on his fly. She deftly began to unbutton it from the top with two fingers. Stephen glanced down; a wry thought crossed his mind that she must have done a reccy on his trou because this lady had it all in hand.

Slightly awkwardly he shuffled around to bring his hand under her breast, kneading it a little. Leaving his boxers bulging through his open fly she turned her attention to the buttons on her own blouse.

Stephen had already determined she wasn't wearing a bra and button by button, from the top Fleur confirmed it, revealing two perfectly formed breasts, their dark pink areola's and perfect projecting large nipples matching her auburn hair; Stephen was reminded he had read somewhere they were voted the best boobs on the movie screen that preceding year.

He stared at those green eyes no longer sparkling but deep and seductive. He scanned her face, the flawless skin, that duchess perfect nose; not too small and strong as suitable for a woman in the modern age. Her cheek bones high with an almost Nordic touch. "Oh fuck," his mind was reeling, this was really as good as it gets.

Somehow both rolled over onto the floor and Fleur, sans blouse, was lying there staring back at Stephen who as now straddled over her. His appendage had now emerged from his boxers and in this position was, with Fleur's skirt hitched up, able to bring it in contact with Fleur's panty covered camel toe. He could just massage her slit with it and glancing down noticed her wetness beginning to soak through. The air was pungent with Fleur's desire, the aroma mingling with her expensive perfume.

He glanced up at Fleur's now wicked grin. "Hey, I am up for breaking the contract if you are."

Wordlessly Stephen removed his belt and began to shuffle his jeans and boxers down. Fleur turned sideways and with a flick and a yank had her light blue panties off. They returned to one another, naked from the waist down and clearly ready for union. Fleur spread her legs, poised to envelope Stephen's body as he pressed into her.

Genitals touched, then pressed; Stephen's spontaneously became flaccid.

Disaster.

Fleur glances at Stephen with a quizzical expression. Stephen sits up, his hands buried in his face. His ardor had just evaporated; just like that.

Fleur tried to console him stroking his face, his beard.

"What's the matter? Is it me?"

"I don't know. I can't explain it." He was struggling. In his mind Fleur had suddenly ceased to be sexy for no apparent reason.

Fleur was not used to this kind of rejection. Had she lost it? Whatever it was that turned men on so?

Fleur sat up leaning back against the sofa as she and Stephen re-clothed themselves.

"Something is not right. Doing this is not right somehow."

It dawned on Fleur that she was feeling the same emotion. She thought of Marcus.

There was a silence. Fleur felt the urge to talk about Marcus.

"I think I have been simply awful to Marcus." Her sudden blurt surprised Stephen. She had never said much about Marcus. "You know, there is all this stuff in the press, you know, how wonderful I am.

You know it's really, you know, I have these really terrible dark thoughts. You know, it's all an act. I get really jealous, I really hurt Marcus, you know, he never deserved it. His game went right off and he's been dropped from the team. It's my entire fault." Fleur was blathering now and beginning to cry.

"You, you should go back to Verity. You love her, you know, that's why you can't fuck me. You are big, you're courageous; do the brave thing; get over it, you have forgiven her what's stopping you?

You have beautiful children. Make them happy, repair your marriage. That's what you really want, Isn't it?

Don't do what I did. It was all conceit, you know. I thought I was better than Marcus. I'm not. He is better than me by a country mile. He put up with all my narcissist shit, and I threw it all back at him.

I need help Stephen, perhaps I am bipolar, I don't know."

Stephen could not think of anything to say. He sat there on the floor facing her. This perfect woman was pouring out all her flaws. In the space of minutes he had turned from idolizing her to trying to give her some kind of compassion. A series of feelings flooded through him. Regretfully it came to mind that he had become frightened of her, where was this leading. Should he leave?

"What happened? Why did you turn against him?"

"In the press, they had photo with that fashion model, what's her name..... Desiree; they said she was his new girlfriend. A couple of boys from Marcus' team teased me about it and I blew up."

"Was it true?"

"Marcus, said it wasn't. He didn't know who she was. She came on to him at a reception and he couldn't shake her off."

"Did they start an affair?"

"Marcus said he never saw her again. He thinks she did it for publicity. There was an interview with her in a magazine, Marcus said were all lies."

"You didn't believe him?"

"No!" It was shouted and Fleur began to cry.

Stephen wanted to get up and leave. This was not him, to leave someone in distress. Stephen gathered himself. "Listen it's OK; hey, do you have some tea. Let's have a cuppa. If you want, it sounds like there is a lot you want to get off your chest about Marcus. We can just have a chat, Heavens knows, it sounds like we both need it."

It seemed the right thing to say. Fleur calmed down and they ended drinking copious cups of tea well into the night. Stephen was left in with the privilege of knowing Fleur's life; her real life; the life that has never been published. Fleur seemed to know instinctively that Stephen was a man of integrity; not to kiss and tell. And she was right.

Stephen's parting gift to Fleur was the clear instruction as a friend, "Try and make it back with him. Think what he is going though. His game is obviously off if he has been dropped. The breakup must have hit him hard.

This whole celebrity thing is so overwhelming and, it seems to me to be saturated with lies. I'd definitely give him the benefit of the doubt. The man you have described to me does not sound like he would mess with you like that. No, Fleur give him another go, and please, please just get over the princess, jealousy bit, you need his anchor. You need a way to believe in him again."

"You are right, I miss him terribly, and oh how I miss him.... But will he take me back?"

The irony of the situation dawned on Stephen.

"We are a right couple, Fleur. I think he will but you have to try. Believe me that might not be easy."

"Are you thinking of yourself and Verity?"

"Yes."

"Here's a pact, I'll try if you try."

"You're on."

They parted as firm friends for life. They also parted with much to think about.

*****

Toward the end of the series of shoots Marlene's script had them walking at sunset with the two boys, one in a stroller. The idea was that this was the beginning of the poignant end. They were to look loving but pensive and earnestly discussing what the readers would assume to be their future.