Vermillion 02: Connections

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dom couldn't help, but laugh "Don't do that again, especially not on my furniture." Luna giggled along with him placing her legs down. "I'm not trying to throw any stones, but you both have your issues. And I don't mean the personal kind. You're different."

"Oh my god, as opposed to what? I'm not Bella from Twilight."

"To his other two, not his flings. He had me buy you your favorite book series last month, because he wanted you to know how everything ended. But I'm not him, so I an personally say. I'm just the butler after all."

"Uh huh, then go ahead and pop in the disc Alfred."

Dom took the disc and put it into the player "I prefer being batman by the way."

Of course he did, Luna thought, that way he could have his way with Catwoman.

When evening came Luna prepared by dressing in a nice sleeveless gown, it was emerald silk that wrapped around her body like a well fit glove, jade studded earrings, a bracelet and necklace to match. After she applied a bit more makeup she was down the stairs into the grand hall where Nick was waiting in a black tux.

"Mr. Bond, I presume?" Luna held out her hand which Nick accepted in his.

"You look incredible." Nick could see he light traces of blush on her cheeks, her lips were the color of wine, and the dress she wore was very pleasing to her body.

"As do you." Her beaming eyes searched his for a single question. Where would they be going?

Nick led her down the hill towards the docks where a few sailboats rocked in the waves of black sea, still anchored and roped to the piers. The post lamps on the street were lit up giving some light to see clearly in.

They stopped at a ship, not a boat. It was once a costume themed jewelry and dress shop, but it failed within a year of opening. Th new owner had renovated, transforming the interior.

Luna followed in step with Nick when they entered the ship, her first response was to smile. Around here were large shelves of artwork. Taking a girl to an art show or museum could be seen as cliché, but Luna was head over heels for the paintings. The wallpaper was a lemon-lime color with azure rose petal designs, the floor was hardwood.

Each painting was of a celestial body, the planets, asteroids, moons, the sun, stars, even black holes, empty voids that sucked things in and devoured them whole.

Luna walked up to a painting on the wall of the earth's moon. The gleam around it was periwinkle, with great detail of the craters and surface scars. Like her it was damaged and somehow maintained it's beauty, but beauty was not all.

"I took a guess that you liked moons or not, being as your name is derived from the word moon." Nick was standing next to her watching her admire the painting "I enjoy the sun, just not the bright light in my eyes."

"You're a warm person, it's not surprising. I never hear you praise the moon, even though it heightens a vampire's powers. Why is that?"

Why did a creature of night prefer day?

"Why were you named Luna? But we can discuss that at our next stop."

"Lead the way." Luna grabbed fast to his hand. His hand was warm again, clammy due to his nerves, but she had them too. She squeezed his palm to ease him which got Nick to calm down, but only a bit. He gave a gracious smile and lead them to a lake, up past the castle.

No bodies of water resided nearby, just wind blown tree tops that shimmied in moonlight, wild grass, and the howling of winds from faraway places.

"What's this? Your secret hideaway?" Luna guessed. She couldn't imagine Nick and nature together, maybe in the history books, but not in the now.

"No." Nick sat down in the grass looking at Luna to follow him. Was he really going to sit in the grass and dirt in what she knew to be a thousand dollar suit? She hesitant, squirming uncomfortably to is without her dress riding up. "They're all just clothes."

"Mhmm, but why are we here? Not to discuss how you're paying to wash this dress."

Nick smirked "Sorry, as magnificent as that dress is, I thought here would be...well magical." Nick nodded up to the sky, the moon was surrounded in lemony light that made it appear as a mini sun. The entire scene was framed by the tree leaves up high, cutting out the rest of the midnight scape.

"It's very beautiful. But not magical." Luna replied.

"Always so blunt." Nick smiled to her "The magic is coming. But at the moment I have a question for you little succubus."

"I'm listening, but I'll want a question in return."

"That's fine with me. Why are you named Luna?"

"I was conceived during a waxing crescent moon and born on a waning crescent moon. Both moons had this artic blue coloring, my mother thought that's why my skin had a light blue tint to it. She thought it was a sign."

"A sign of a blue moon?"

Luna pushed up her lip a little frowning "I was born in a world similar to this one, moons come in all types of color, varying blues, greens, reds, even black. It was a special blue moon to her. She thought that I'd be like her, or colder than she was. It's in our natures and all that crap."

"Hm, being born itself is special." Nick waited for his question, he wanted to ask about her mother. Luna seemed on the fence with herself about their relationship.

"Yeah...Why don't you come out at night?" Luna asked.

"Moonlight comes in through the windows at home. And as appreciative of the moon as I am, it doesn't weaken my lust for blood. It only enhances my abilities, the ones I haven't used in two hundred years. You were born in another, but not raised there?"

"Nope, I was brought over as a baby with my mother. When I asked why she said because it was an beginning to burn her eyes just to look at it. I was raised in an overly friendly town. Um..I know the rest about you from spending time at the castle."

Nick learned just as much about Luna during her stay, but was trying to preoccupy her until the moon beams landed directly over the area where they sat. "Why do you tease Dominic?"

Luna tilted her head grinning "Why? Because it's fun, it's easy."

"And I'm sure he enjoys you as a sparring partner too. Especially since you're so outspoken."

"If I'm not then I wouldn't be me. Fuck society's rules and let there be freedom. That's on one of my t-shirts." Luna winked at him.

"I have a t-shirt that says society over all-

"Boooooo-

"Boo back, that's not the entire saying." Nick shook his head at her "Society over all and donuts for everybody."

"Oh my god, did Dom pick that out? Jesus, that's bad Nick."

Nick laughed "It was a present, an assortment of shirts. I like it."

"You would, do you even like donuts? I've seen you eat like a thousand croissants and tarts."

"I like some sweets over others..Are you trying to call me fat?"

Luna nodded vigorously "Most definitely, but your ass stays the same shape."

"Well thank you for checking it out for me."

Luna brushed a piece of grass off her skirt "Dom has a better one, but-

"You looked at Dominic's butt?"

"This was when I first met you your majesty. Your butler has a better ass than you. I'm so sorry. It's rounder. Plump like a pot roast."

After a small silence, both broke out in hysterics. Just as the laughter calmed down the light of the moon enveloped the entire area in it's glow. And like magic the grass curled turning yellow, buds began to grow up from the ground around the two bodies, the trees were absorbing the light and forming what seemed to be fruit.

It was as if little pixies kissed the land changing it into a dreamscape.

"How?" Luna tapped a bud pressing against her knees wondering what would bloom. Moonlight from this world could not do such things, it had no special properties or magic.

"You know about my father, he wasn't the greatest man alive not that he was a man. My very great times who knows how many grandfather, a human was once the king of the entire country."

Nick watched as the buds bloomed into buttercups and chrysanthemums. Plucking two of each, he handed the buttercup to Luna. "He's not the reason the country split into two kingdoms. But being king he enjoyed taking cities, towns, gaining more lands."

Luna twiddled the stem of the flower in her finger tips watching apples fall from the moon touched trees. "There were once faerfolk who lived in these woods, fairies, pixies, elves, and nymphs. They watched over the forest, the guardians. But my very great grandfather didn't care, they were beasts to him."

"He was told that he would be cursed if he went through with his plans to take the forest. But he held no beliefs in anything, but himself. He and his men irked the spirits when they set the trees aflame."

"From what I was told, the forest creatures banded here near the edge of the forest. It was the only place the fire had not yet touched. The magic they used was soaked into the area as they tried to ward off the flames. The remaining creatures prayed upon the moon and the spirits answered those prayers."

"The fire however consumed them all, burned the landscape harshly. When the next full moon came all the wounds of the scorched earth were healed. This area in particular is known for being blessed by the spirits. Sometimes it's completely cyan, others it's the color of frost, sometimes currant or buttery like tonight."

"A buttery moon indeed." Luna watched as the light soon faded and all that was left of the butter moon were the flow they held in their hands, the entire forest floor, from grass to the treetops were back emerald again.

"Do you have a better name?" Nick challenged.

"Not at the moment, but that was magical. Though I would like to go back to that boat shop again. The paintings were interesting and very in depth."

"Then you can, it's open every day of the week, but the clerk is usually out on the deck washing it."

"Sounds like a sucky job. What about you? Where do you like to go?"

"Anywhere with people who's company I enjoy." Nick's eyes motioned towards her, it was a peaceful and lovely moment, but Dom would be waiting at the castle doors wondering where they were. Dinner was served and expected to be eaten at certain times.

Nick stood up and held out his hand "My lady." Luna rolled her eyes smiling at the very handsome and debonair king.

Accepting his hand Luna was gently pulled up onto her feet in an instant. Caught in his teal eyes again Luna felt her chest lean in, heaving silently. Nick placed a hand on the side of her face. He felt the connection and the want to connect, so he gave in. Leaning down his lips brushed against hers, his mouth closing over hers as they closed their eyes. The mutual feeling of arousal and lust intertwining in the air, their heartbeats soared until they were blank in all other thoughts.

Flashes came to mind, both of their minds, images that felt and seemed real, Nick and Luna tangled together in a mesh of limbs and flesh, kissing wildly as their conjoining bodies beat to an unknown rhythm. Naked skin was explored fully, expertly magnified and tended to.

The boiling in Nick's loins was reaching much too high for him to even think clearly, Luna's head was swimming rapidly to where she didn't notice as a blinding light filled their vision and when they opened their eyes they were back in the open forest looking at one another.

"What was that?" Nick muttered pulling away, when he accepted his desires all embarrassment was tossed out of the window. Luna's face was rosy, her cheeks seemed feverish with her clear feelings on what they had saw, she was mortified.

"I-I don't know, it just popped into my head and-

"Luna, it's alright. Maybe it was a type of vision."

"Of us...having sex? What type of vision is that?" Nick shrugged.

"It's nothing to worry about, because this is only a date. And I want to know you in a romantic sense, not a sexual one."

Luna felt some relief after hearing that "I can't help, but be weird about talking about sex, sex with you. But I did enjoy our first date, meaning you should ask again later this week."

"Then it will be done." Nick grabbed her hand and together the duo walked towards the castle.

Dominic was not standing by the doors, but in the hall by the throne looking completely lost. When Nick and Luna returned all color came back to his face and he immediately sprinted off into the kitchen. Eliza was sitting at the table in her ebony robe and slippers looking content and well rested. Luna took her usual place as well as Nick and once every dish was served then Dom took his seat.

"How was the date?" Eliza was the first to ask, being as she had that small tick inside her that liked prying into her brother's life.

"Different. Will you ever-

"Not at this moment." Eliza said this gruffly before looking at Luna "You look eloquent, I hope my brother was manurable."

Nick rolled his eyes poking at the food on his plate.

"He was, the date was good." Luna reached across the table for a napkin when Eliza touched her arm. A tingling ran through her like a live wire, Luna was paralyzed for a few seconds feeling her mind be prodded at. But will was something she had tons of, so all she did was give a mental push that sent Eliza back into her own mind where her own thoughts originated.

"You look dazed." Dom told Luna who pulled her arm back.

"See everything you needed?"

"I felt a small disturbance-

"That doesn't give you the right to take a stroll into my head."

Eliza sighed feeling the intense gaze that Nick was giving her "I'm sorry, but that was odd. A vision of the future perhaps. I hear troubling hums in the air sometimes, when I do I act."

"I think that is enough acts for tonight, Elizabeth."

"But I have one last act, forgive my rudeness, but I wanted to give this to you tonight." Eliza picked up a wrapped box from the floor and placed it on the dining table, it was a small cube covered in silvery paper and a bow. "Go on."

Nick carefully placed his hands on the present, tearing at it and then placing the box aside. Inside was a wooden figurine of a man riding a horse, the man wore a carved vest and long sleeve shirt with buttons, pants, boots, and a sword holstered by his side.

It was an old tale of a lost soldier who always tried to make it home, present himself to his king and finally retire, start a life of his own. But as the story went on the soldier kept running into obstacles, some of which he could have avoided, by the time he gets to the end of his journey he decides to keep traveling.

Instead of trying to get permission and honor from his king, he goes on believing that he'll find a girl and marry, have children, live in a comfy little cabin in the woods, and have peace. Twenty year pass and the soldier is recognized, taken by force to the king who questions him about why he did not return, why he never got his permission to leave.

The soldier then tells the king that he has no ruling on his life, it went on without anyone knowing that he was alive, went on without a problem. He told the king that he was now found. The king went on about having him executed for deserting his duties, but as a free man the soldier no longer had any duties that tied him to the king, he wasn't even a soldier anymore.

Nick figured that the moral of the story was about captivity and freedom. Some were so bound to aid titles, but rarely helped themselves when needed. Prisoners of their own making, themselves the jailers who had the key to their release.

Nick touched the sleek surface of the figure and gave a nostalgic smile that lightened Eliza's heart "Thank you."

"Do not cry." Eliza told him sniffing "I remembered the story our mother used to tell me about the lost soldier and all his triumphs, his journey. I passed it by while walking downtown, it was in a thrift store."

Dom and Luna both looked in awe as Eliza smiled at her brother who in return leaned over the table to hug her. "Just try not to mind tap everyone you meet."

"I'll try." Eliza groaned and looked at Dom "The pasta's a bit dry."

"So is the wine my lady, would you prefer red or white?"

Eliza placed the back of her hands underneath her chin and grinned.

In the morning in all black, Eliza said her brief goodbyes. She wasn't one for empathetic goodbyes or hellos, but she was genuine in character. With his chores complete, Dominic took the first chance he could to see Brina down at Pettiful Life.

Luna asked Nick to meet her in her room after breakfast. Luna was sitting on the edge of the bed in a dark camisole, jeans, and purple flip flops. Nick wore gray, a deep gray shirt with a navy color and pants.

"What's going on?" Nick plopped down beside her on the bed curious as to why he was summoned, possibly about the vision?

"I've fed and you haven't." Luna pointed out and waited for his reaction.

"You want me to feed on you now?" Nick whined, he sounded as if he wanted to starve.

"Dom's out, you're not on a full battery. It's not as if I'm trying to nag you-

"You're not nagging me, but we just had a date, my sister just left, I have finances to go over and I'd like just a few moments of rest."

"Then rest your head on my shoulder, you don't need to be ravenous right?"

Maybe he was being lazy, or maybe the vision unnerved him, but if he did keep going the way he was then he wouldn't be able to control himself, that was something he couldn't abide by.

"Okay, just tell me when to stop." Nick pulled aside the hair that was on her shoulder and let the beating of the veins, pumping the blood flow through him. His throat felt sandy, the smell of her nectar aroused him. Nick drew he fangs and bit into Luna's neck, hearing her gasp. It wasn't that painful, but being as Luna was weaker than most of her kind she felt more, was sensitive to certain sensations.

The blood rolled down her shoulder down her backside and over her camisole. For a minute she closed her eyes and let herself be drained, her shoulder was becoming hotter each time she felt him take her a part of her within himself. When the pain felt as if it were burning her flesh she opened her eyes again.

"Nick."

Nick pulled away with beaming red eyes breathing heavily "Are you-

"I'm fine." Nick watch as the two little holes closed up just as soon as he withdrew his fangs, small lines of blood were rolling down the sides of his mouth.

Luna's first instinct was to get a box of kleenex. She dabbed the corners of his mouth and in return he cleaned the blood from her shoulder. "Was I tasty? I've never imagined how my blood would taste."

She could really be strange at times, but maybe she said things like that to cut the tension.

"Delicious." Nick figured it was best o be honest rather than cower and fidget.

"Lucky us, we find each other's company to be great, and our essences to be beyond satisfactory."

Nick couldn't help, but crack a grin "You speak with such directness, it scares me."

"I can speak with grace, with contempt, and with lust. But I'd rather be straightforward."

"I'm glad, lies shorten the lifespan anyway."

Luna laughed "I call bullshit."

Over the course of two weeks Dominic kept venturing out to Pettiful Life and Luna and Nick stayed inside joking, enjoying their relationship, and discussing the kingdom's affairs.

It was a Saturday when all three met at the dining table for breakfast, unbeknownst to them a fourth would soon be joining. She wouldn't bring any good news, but start to weave a web in Verdure. The flies would soon attract with the offering of honey.

"Do you only eat bacon now?" Dominic wondered, Luna was so happy to gobble down nearly every slice on the serving plate.

"I'm sorry were you two going to eat it? No, besides I can't die from eating bacon." Luna held a slice in a vice grip and waved it at Dom who stretched out his neck and bit one of the ends "Really?"

"Really, don't play with the food."

123456...8