Vermillion 02: Connections

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The fluid was scorching, it made Lynx question if Alex was really a witch. But she could ask that at another time, on another day. Alex, exhausted laid beside her in bed.

"That was fun." Alex smiled to himself "I don't think I've ever..came that much. I think it was the mutual disfunctions, that made it hot."

"Mhmm, I'm sure Rumi would think so too." Lynx said.

"I pick her up tomorrow, my mother has her. She thinks of her as a grandchild."

"Wow, that is sad."

Alex shrugged "But worth the sex."

"It was noteworthy, lucky you. You made a demon cum."

"Alright, it was a joke. But you already knew I was attracted to you-

"And Sable."

"Lets not make this about her. I already know, Lynx. I knew when I met you that you had plans, malicious plans."

Lynx looked up at the ceiling, why ruin it all with telling her this? "And?"

"You don't feel a lot, that doesn't make you evil. You've committed heinous acts for power. And yes I felt it, but I'm not going to try and stop you."

"Then why tell me all of this now?"

Alex rubbed his face "Because I wasn't expecting this, tonight, ever. I kind of wanted you to know how I felt before you left."

Lynx frowned looking into those silver eyes "I'm not leaving yet."

"You will, I had a vision. They're very rare to come by. All I know is that a white rose will come, and because of it you'll leave."

"Sirus has no timing." Lynx groaned, he could get off on multiple occasions, but she could only have this one time?

"If you go through with it...I hope your death isn't dragged out." Alex told her, he wasn't one who believed that people, good, bad, guilty, or innocence should suffer when their time came, especially at the hands of someone else.

"You think I'm going to die?"

"There are many people in the world, there will always be someone weaker or stronger. There's a possibility. I don't want last words like seeya next time if there won't be one. You're my friend."

"The friend you have sex with?"

Alex smirked "The friend that I'm drawn to, by her mysterious presence and cold heart. A heart I hope to thaw one day. Was that sappy?" He blushed a bit embarrassed.

"Depends. Have you been sleeping with Sable during these feelings?"

"Do you care if I were?" The answer to the question was no.

Lynx looked away and sighed "Maybe, freak."

"I've been called worse. You can give me a real answer the next time we meet."

Lynx didn't say anything.

"Please, Lynx." Alex looked so dejected from a bunch of possibilities, death came and went, hopefully it didn't touch upon Lynx so soon. But despite the possibilities Lynx did like Alex, as a weirdo, a friend, maybe more. She wasn't completely sure yet.

"There will be a next time. And I will give you an answer as long as this stays between us."

"It will." Alex placed his hand on the side of her face and kissed her passionately. Though she didn't smile, that made her happy.

Downstairs the party was over, Areya was drunkenly limping away with help from Brina who was the last to leave. Dom went to work in cleaning everything up, Zane offered a hand earlier, but was turned down. After April left everyone got to the good part of the evening, dancing, sharing laughs, getting to know one another, throwing a spell or two off the walls..

Nick escorted Luna up to the study to reveal her gift.

"Oh my god, Dom is such an ass kisser when it comes to you." Luna laughed "He literally smacked an empty glass out of Zane's hand to please you."

"Dominic can be finicky, he can't help it. But never mind that I have something for you." Nick shifted the focus back to the cover item leaning against the desk. Luna looked at Nick who gave her an okay nod. When she pulled the tarp off she was in awe.

It was the painting of the moon that she seen at the boat shop, the one that caught her eye with it's detail and light curious glow. It was similar to herself, something Nick took note on.

"Nick-

"No, it's not some however long anniversary gift. I know that you liked it and it was pretty pricey. But I wanted you to have something that keeps you in good spirits, that makes you happy."

Luna smiled "Thank you." She hugged Nick, then gave him a small peck on the mouth "Now if we go on out next date to a dealership and I see this sweet jag..."

In the morning all slumped down to the dining room. Lynx was last as her overnight guest stayed to give her her morning rise before leaving to take custody of his cat. Once seated Dom pulled out an envelope with an alabaster wax seal on it, sliding it to the king.

"Looks like the ride's over." Lynx said drinking a glass of water.

"Sorry about last night. But it seems that you've regained your glow." Luna smiled knowingly.

Lynx sighed internally, of course she knew. Succubi had a talent for scoping out signs of when sexual pleasure had been had.

"What does that mean?" Dom asked.

"Secret." Luna stretched "Where's the bacon?"

"At the slaughterhouse, can't you go a morning without fat?"

Luna looked down at her chest then back up again "No."

Nick snickered while opening the envelope and skimming the note, he took a croissant and chewed on it. "Sirus apparently needs your assistance. The letter doesn't explain what the matter is, but this was sent out this morning. And arrived this morning."

"He's nearby." Lynx ate a piece of toast before Nick continued.

"He wants you to leave out tomorrow morning. Is that fine with you?"

"It's splendid, your majesty. Being that the Crimson Witch is moving here, seems like the best time to go."

"I understand. It was a fascinating visit, Lynx."

"Same, maybe after tomorrow we'll see one another again."

Luna smiled cheekily "When?"

"When the winds meet again, little demon. Besides leaving me at shops and hotspots in the city, you weren't totally a pain. A bit bratty, but you're still a child."

"Uh huh, get a cell phone, get tech saavy. That's how people contact one another." Luna pointed at her "Do you know what Skype is?"

Nick exchanged a confused glance with Dom, of course Nick knew many modern tools, but Dom never went over Skype.

"Luna if I need to contact you I will. Or Dom, because he's less talkative. But we're far from friends."

"I like you despite Sirus being your bff, and we are. But we're also more than acquaintances."

Lynx accepted that "Maybe enemies later on."

"We're aware." Nick told her drinking from his glass, Lynx wasn't completely trusted, and her emotions were hard to sort out as well as her friendship with Sirus.

"Too many maybes can be deadly."

"True."

"Will you be saying goodbye to Alex, you and he seem to be friends now." Luna quietly reached over for a bagel.

"I already did, your majesty." Lynx said all she needed to say the night before.

"Good, it's nice to see Alex actually have a friend. Besides Rumi." Nick smiled at the thought, he was always alone, he did as his mother said, worshipped her, and took his cat everywhere. He was in his twenties and was barely living, city born and raised with a mind for business.

"Birds of a feather." Lynx agreed, she enjoyed having him as friend too.

The next morning breakfast was had and Lynx gave a curt bow to Nick, told Dom to stop being a chore boy and do something useful. Dom told her he would when she gained a normal person as friend. Luna gave her small goodbye and Lynx did the same before leaving. Down to a trio again.

The morning before Nick made an arrangement for April to stay in Verdure with certain conditions. Eventually April agreed claiming her spot past the city far from the castle on it's miniature hill where a few scraggly trees stood by.

Dom was going to have an outing with Brina, but was stopped and asked to come into the study with Luna. Nick sat at his desk full of smiles.

"Okay, I respect you, but I have a date.." Dom said this boldly.

"Sorry, but I just received a personal invite from Mason for Romus' Harvest festival-

"Nope-

"Dom, seriously, chill." Luna told him (mainly, because she wanted a free vacay) "When?"

"It starts next week and we don't have to stay the entire time, but Dom you were personally invited and not as my servant. And you can bring someone with you."

Dom smiled "Alright, count, what's the catch?"

"No catch, we're royal guests who will be residing in Lord Romus' manor during our stay. We'll be respectful and honor any traditions. But this is for fun, we've all been on edge a little and this trip is what we need to unwind."

Dom and Luna looked at each other "Deal." They said.

"One more thing, highness." Luna crossed her arms.

"Sure, what is it?"

Luna beamed at the king placing both hands on the desk "How's Marley's bark?"

Nick leaned back in his chair and grinned knowing that this trip would be a success. It was finally time to get away from Verdure and find adventure in a new city.

To be continued...

1...345678