Vermillion: Learning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Neimos never thought he'd fall for a sorcerer, but she was beautiful, funny, kind, and understanding. One night after the fire of the campsite had been stoked, Areya gave herself to the demon. She could picture it, she was laying on the ground, the grass cradled her white-blonde locks as Neimos leaned over her. His body was blistering with heat as he kissed her, she could feel his hands slowly descend from his waist and push up the skirt of her lace dress.

She was so happy when he looked at her, those two different colored eyes, one brighter than the stars, one darker than night, searching her body. Then he launched into a row of kisses along her neck, hearing him pull down his pants. She had never been with a man, but she didn't care or think of the consequences. His mouth found hers again and she felt his staff enter her. It ripped through the small wall inside before sliding through and hitting the end of the barrel. She was so warm and sweet.

Areya didn't cry or cringe when her maidhood was taken, she accepted him claiming her and never looked back. He plunged into her cavern, filling it with his wealth, twisting back and forth against her. Neimos felt her carven shrink as she wrapped her arms and legs around him. Her body started to emanate a white glow as he made love to her on the cold ground. Areya felt her entire body lighten, Neimos continued his never-ending siege, the mesh of her inner thighs was infinite with pleasure. Then there was a sudden rush, a small bursting of bliss that took Areya by surprise, she arched her back hard and fell again out of breath. Neimos laid beside her in the same state smiling.

But Areya left that entire part out of her tale to her son, the king, Dominic, and Luna. The rest she told them out loud. Her relationship with Neimos was amazing and took her by surprise, but after months of putting off her own wedding, she knew she would have to return. If she didn't someone would come looking for her. After a few months of her time with him she went to the town and sent off a letter. During that time, she thought that she had caught an illness and went to the doctor. He gave her congratulations, she was pregnant.

A million worries filled Areya, she was to be married soon, she was with a demon, she was in love with a demon, she was carrying a half demon child, she wasn't married, she'd be cast aside, judged forever and so would her child, what if they were taken away? What could she do? So that night she returned a final time and when Neimos fell asleep she snuck off.

For an entire month she returned to Vracix and explained that she was cursed and unfit to marry Dramus. She cast a spell that made it appear that she had been cursed by a dark being, things checked out even though it seemed suspicious, at least to the elders. It was a weak excuse, but she sold it to the elders, and she left the city on good terms with her child growing inside her womb.

If she were ever found out to have lied, she would be brought before the spirit tree and the ancestors would probably cast a spell or curse on her. She decided that the only way to be safe with her child was to forget Neimos, hide the demon part of her child away via a spell. There was always the chance that someone from the island could find her, spot her, and wonder about the child, who's it was and was she married. Areya decided without Neimos of course.

She made her way across the ocean to Verdure's docks where she made herself a home. Then the fear of Neimos' enemies coming for her child bothered her, so she blocked him from entering her mind and seeking her out. Once she had Alexander, named after her grandfather, she started to rest easy. Sure, he had a few powers of premonition and interactions with spirits, but it wasn't anything too serious. When he was three, the cloak on his powers were broken, but nothing ever developed from it, so Areya allowed it, watching her son closely.

Areya waited, her magenta eyes swayed from her ex-lover and her son waiting for them to let it all sink in.

Alex sighed, as much as he wanted to stay mad forever, he understood his mother's worry and fear. If somehow Neimos could be tracked, Alex and his mother would become targets. "I'm sorry."

"I am too, Alex. I was selfish, weak, but I really didn't know what to do. If I went back...I went about it the wrong way, but I shouldn't have lied. I just didn't want you going off on your own." Areya breathed.

"I know. I get it, I get it." Alex looked at his mother "I'm still kind of mad, but I guess it won't do anyone any good if I try ignoring you. You were trying to protect me, any mother would try to protect their child. It's instinct."

Luna pursed her lips, that may have been true, but his mother was still partially wrong for her actions. Neimos stood up and walked towards Areya who looked at if she'd faint. He stretched his arms and placed his hands on her shoulders "I forgive you since you finally told the truth but remember that I don't forget as easily as I forgive, Areya."

"I know."

He placed his hands down by his sides "Then let's not waste any more time. Follow me."

Neimos walked around to a tree opposite of the gazebo and placed his hand on it. His blue eye glowed intensely and his hand started to sink through the tree, then his entire body was pulled in. Areya followed first, then Nick, Dom, Luna, and lastly Alex. They had all entered a wide wild forest, with trees that extended higher than any cloud that they'd seen in the sky, there was nothing, but vibrant plants and flowers scattered about, small ponds, vines, and pale blue grass were everywhere. It was like a wonderland, one where they had to find the red queen. Or in this case, 'king'.

Sirus woke up under the lights shining in between the leaves and limbs of the towering trees. Everything was gentle including the wind. When his eyes were adjusting, he could look up and see a sky changing from blue to green to purple and yellow, it was a mesh of colors that soothed him. But he couldn't understand why it was so peaceful, his arms and legs were numb, but his torso was engulfed in agony. The weapons that pierced his skin weren't made of lesser demons, some might not even had been made of demons, the affects were critical.

Sirus could remember holding onto the sword wound and his blood rushing out of his body and then he fell onto the trunk of a tree, then everything went black. Despite all the brightness honing down on him, he knew he wasn't dead. He started to make out the shapes of flower petals, the stems, leaves, the grass veins, then the sounds of laughter off in the distance, water running down a stream, birds chirping, the strong smell of herbs and flora.

It was a place he'd been to before, and he struggled at trying to escape it. Sirus realized that he was laying in a bed made of gardenias, his wounds were wrapped in leaves with some type of greenish cream that was applied to the bottom of it. He was healing, but not as fast as he needed to go after the man who put him in this predicament.

"Ohh, someone's awake and mad." A voice said. Sirus groaned trying to crane his neck to see who was there "Relax, don't try so hard. Si."

"Iris." Sirus felt his muscles release a little from knowing it was her. Some nymphs weren't as easy going or nice as they seemed.

Iris made her way in front of him squatting down on the ground onto her knees next to Sirus. Her appearance was altered now, her hair were blue hydrangea petals drifting down her back with a few fading into light green petals and blowing off with the wind before another grew in it's place, her eyes were a transparent pastel lavender hue that almost looked clear in direct sunlight, and her skin had a tint of a lilac tinge to it.

Iris wore a revealing outfit consisting of daylilies, they wrapped along her thighs up around her back then to the front over her chest and over her shoulders. The way nymphs dressed (if at all); this was a very conservative outfit. It showed her navel, majority of her legs and arms, but covered the center of her breasts and between her thighs.

Iris touched Sirus' face and bit the inside of her cheek annoyed "Were you trying to commit suicide or are you that stupid?"

"Wha-

"You could have died for real, demon or not. Those weapons, pieces of metal and magic nearly killed you. If I hadn't sensed that your life was in danger that hunter would have mounted your head on his wall."

Sirus hadn't the strength to fight her and he knew that she knew this "Is this your home?"

"Yes and no, it's home to many, but that doesn't make it mine. Don't change the subject, Si. You-

Sirus blinked and smiled at her "You're right...I went overboard."

Iris pouted "Are you feeling any better, jerk?"

"Yes. Iris." Sirus paused, she'd help him even on his worst day, or even a hundred years later, just because she cared, and he couldn't place it in his world. Darker emotions or no emotion got you all, but now with everything crashing down around him, he knew something was off. Iris gave a gentle smile and that made him feel at ease. He started to close his eyes wondering where Luna fit into it all.

"Rest easy, Si." Iris whispered, and that was the last thing he heard before he went back into his mind. The day after before she could check on her charge again Iris began feeling an imbalance in the realm and went to find it, Sirus was well hidden and needed to rest without any complications. Someone else had come, but for what reason she wondered.

It felt like a day or many eighteen hours to Dominic as he and the rest of their party walked through the entrance of the nymph forest repeatedly, waiting for someone to come. And then someone did. Iris moved through the leaves slowly looking out at the group.

Luna was the first to recognize the stranger "Iris."

"Iris...oh the nymph from Romus." Alex said, he looked her up and down "She's pretty."

"Alex-

"Don't be harsh lady Areya." Iris beamed "I enjoy flattery as much as the next girl. But I must know why you've entered this realm, not that I doubt your intentions."

Nick inhaled "We're here to bring Sirus with us."

Iris' smile fell "Why?"

"He's needed for...destiny." Neimos worded "That hunter is just getting started and we'll need your friend's help if we're to prevent that from happening."

Iris pointed "The man with the silver eye is real." She had always thought he was a myth.

"I am, where's Sirus?"

"Promise me that you won't harm him." Iris said first.

"With his powers wouldn't he be more likely to attack first?" Areya asked.

"Promise."

"We promise." Dominic sighed looking at Luna and Nick.

"We promise." Nick and Luna said. Areya, Alex, and Neimos promised as well.

Iris nodded "I believe you, follow me." Iris motioned them forward and through the entrance.

They were going through thick vines, bushels of berries, needles hanging from trees, and large aromatic flowers. It was a fifteen-minute walk to where Sirus was sitting up right in fresh clothing, black vest, white shirt, black pants and shoes. He was sitting on a chair made from the tree roots holding a pink flower shaped as a teacup and sipping from it. There was a small pond nearby where a cerulean nymph kept poking her head out to look at him.

"Company, lovely." Sirus said before looking at the shy nymph who dove back into the water.

"Don't be an ass." Iris told him, Sirus smirked.

"Tell the little girl to stop following me then."

"Too young for your tastes?" Neimos wondered.

"Please, she's an infant." Sirus said rolling his eyes "And I didn't come here to frolick with the nymphs, I didn't actually come here at all."

Iris narrowed her eyes "I had to carry you here, you aren't light, I wasn't required to. So all I want to hear is-

"Yes, thank you...for the hundredth time. Why are these people here?"

Neimos began explaining recent events which amused Sirus at first, until he kept reeling it out. Sirus looked between Luna and Alex "Cousins...well this does explain your son's peculiarity. Some of it anyway."

"I'm okay with being weird. Are you helping or not?" Alex asked, he knew that time was not unlimited, and Lynx could be dying out there somewhere.

"If you need your lady luck so bad, then I can give you a few locations that I know she's been too, or where she favors, her favorite soda perhaps." Sirus said "But I'm not he-

Neimos held a handout to cut him short "Sirus, you are needed. And you seek your revenge against Caldric just as Lynx does. If either you or she goes at this alone, you'll perish as you almost did before."

"Before? Before your king jumped in." Sirus looked at Nick accusingly.

"I did." Nick's voice deepened and his eyes were crimson with a flatness that Luna could see Elizabeth's reflection in "And if you two had proceeded in the destruction of those there in Romus I would have done more than just jump in."

"Really?"

"I don't object to him killing to protect everyone." Alex whispered this to Luna who nodded.

"I technically attacked you too." Luna said waiting for Sirus to turn his aim towards her.

Sirus exhaled his breath "And you think I'm not angry, because I'm not yelling at you?"

"So?" Nick looked at Luna who just shrugged, she wanted to see if they could find some type of common ground.

"You did it to be spiteful. To try and kill me, erase me."

"And?"

Sirus rubbed the center of his forehead "I wouldn't have hurt you over that. Or try to kill you. But even so, your boyfriend didn't have the right to-

"To save the lives of his people. People who were there before you arrived, people under his care? Don't be fucking stupid, Sirus. You wanted to feed off the blood and fear to kill that man."

"That man is the devil." Sirus spat, he flinched when he adjusted himself on his chair "You shouldn't go after him as you are."

"And what about you?" Dom scanned him "Karma's painful isn't it?"

"I've felt worse pain." Sirus gripped his side "I've felt pure hell, it doesn't mean we should all team up, just because we want Caldric gone. I don't like you and you don't like me."

Nick shook his head, his eyes returned to their original color and he looked up at the trees surrounding them "Then you'll hide here?"

"Nicholas, do you really want to start again?"

"No, I want to know why Neimos thinks that you're important for this task, not just finding Lynx."

Alex looked at Neimos who closed his eyes "Do not try to read me, Alex."

Alex across his arms "Then answer my king, because I'm just as curious...dad."

Luna coughed a little, she really wanted to laugh, but being that they were in a situation that could cost people their lives she swallowed it hard.

"Sirus knows many things, has many connections. Using his charms has got him all he's ever wanted, most of the time."

"Is that supposed to get a rise out of me?" Sirus drunk from the flower again.

"I know that some of your conquests were reluctant, but you weren't. You took what you wanted, but not in the way a savage does. That would be the roll that your father starred in."

Sirus put the cup down, even Iris seemed unnerved at the mention of Sirus' father.

"Ruiner?" Luna tilted her head to the side.

"My father has nothing to do with this."

Neimos chuckled "But doesn't he? He's the reason that you and Iris met, the indirect reason that she saved your life on numerous occasions. The reason why she's lost so many of her own kind, her sisters, friends-

"I had nothing to do with that." Sirus shot back, his eyes were turning into black whirlpools from his anger and strife.

"You're not a gentile, Sirus. But I give credit where credit is due." Neimos pointed at Iris "Did you not save this poor maiden from the onslaught?"

"Maiden?" Iris squinted.

"She's helped me, so I helped her back-

"Don't lie to yourself, more is there."

Luna looked at Sirus who refused to look back at her "What of it?"

"You have a heart even if you wish you were hollow. You worry for Lynx, but you couldn't reach alone. Your injuries were more dire than you imagined them to be, are they not?"

Sirus leaned back "What do you want, seer?"

"The truth. You possess information, power from your father which has given you ten extra lives in the past. Now it's time that you lent your friend one. I can see it, your life, Luna's, Nick's, how they were to intertwine. And they have now."

"Can you be clearer?"

"I can't, I can see past, present, and future. But all is not a purview that I possess, meaning I can't see or hear all within the world or the next. I need to see inside your head. And here is not the safest place for you."

"Safest place for him? He targeted Luna from the beginning of this trek to Vermillion." Dom snapped.

"But he's not anymore, is he Luna?" Neimos' eyes slid over to her, he knew about the small talk they had and ever since then Sirus had just been floating around without trying to gain her attention.

"After our little chat, no."

"Why the change of heart?" Nick's question was for Sirus, but he was staring straight at Iris.

"If only you possessed your sister's gift to claw inside a person's head, I just decided to go another route."

"Why do you think, Iris?" Luna asked wanting to know her opinion.

Iris shrugged "Anyone's guess, Si can be a dick, but I could never find out how that brain of his works."

"I think that's how she says she cares for my wellbeing." Sirus interpreted.

"I kept my sisters from humping your leg, don't start that smartass bull. I'm still mad."

"And I am grateful that you protected my virtue. My honorable knight."

"Don't make me rip those bandages off, because I will!" Iris started to approach and Sirus held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine, you have one million apologies and thank yous from me. I feel quite safe here." Sirus said this towards Neimos.

"You know more about Caldric, there's something that you have kept from Lynx, from everyone here. He will eventually find out about this place and he's not the only danger. But we must get to the place where Lynx is first, I'm sure Iris, here can get us there easily using a nature portal."

Nick's head was starting spin, the emotions that Sirus were projecting were so confusing and potent that he was surprised that Sirus could stomach it all. "What is the other danger?"

"My aunt." Iris gave the information quickly "She's not a good...being. She and Sirus' father had an affair for decades. When he passed, she became bitter, lusting for Sirus anytime he came. But I hid him this time."

"How's it feel to be at someone else's mercy?" Luna smiled.

"Iris may be, her sisters may be, but I am not."

"And why is that?"

"Because I usually leave as soon as I come here. That woman is just as wicked as my father, she slayed her own kin just to make a point."

"Well..." Iris fiddled with her fingers "I did lock you out a few times at the cost of my sisters. But she does what she wants."

"And you can't kill a nymph? And I don't mean any offense, Iris." Nick told her.

"None taken, highness."

Sirus stretched his arms carefully to avoid further damage "She gained a power from him that I can't match. And right now, I would be defeated, by a nymph. Some beings can absorb and grow, she would be one of those beings."

"It's in your nature to seize opportunities such as that, why refuse?" Nick poked again.

"Because, my father touched her, she's also related to Iris."

"I really could care less if you screw my sisters." Iris said smiling "You just think it's awkward."

"It's as weird as the blonde boy's personality."

"Rude." Alex glared.

"You should help them, Lynx has done so many things for you-

"Fine, Iris, if you stop talking about it I will."

"Really?" Areya seemed taken back "So you're not opposed to another demon digging into your skull?"

1...45678...10