Vermillion: Learning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I abide by the laws, by our ancestry, I spent too much time and energy going about everything there. And it is the only home I know even in my own travels. But when I become an elder, I hope to change the ways of our people."

"One voice against many is a battle that is nearly impossible to win."

"Maybe, but it is worth it. We never got to discuss everything we wanted when we were younger, I have a half sister from my father's second marriage. She was born without any gifts or powers. She was allowed to leave and now I have a nephew who is a warlock, and just as bubbly as she is."

"And you?"

"No children, I'm a bit of a horror story now. A widower."

"I'm sorry to hear."

"Don't be, Areya. No woman could match up to you whether she was a sorceress or not. They like I had their own sectors of the island to monitor and protect, and they died going up against their foes. I always made it back on time waiting, and then I was told of their demise."

"How many?" Alex asked curiously. Areya waved her hand "Don't be rude."

"It's alright, ten."

"Damn..." Luna said, Nick shot her a look, but Luna just shrugged.

"I don't think I'll ever marry again, not that I'm getting requests. But I'll always make a great guardian."

"You did even before." Areya smiled.

"I have a question if you don't mind." Nick said.

"Not at all, your majesty." Dramus waited.

"It is your job even now to report Areya's status, with what you've learned I wonder will you tell them of her fate?"

Dramus laughed "No, I don't have the heart too. But it is always a pleasure to see an old friend. I'll keep her secrets and take them to my grave."

"A true knight." Neimos said "I can see why they chose you to match with her."

"And I can see why Areya would match with you better." Dramus smirked "But I must get back to rearranging things in the backroom, my nephew knows nothing of order. If you need anything, please call." Dramus squeezed Areya's hand before leaving into the back.

"He was handsome." Iris said jovially "Very sweet too."

"Yes, he is." Areya sighed with relief that no one other than her and Dramus would know about Neimos and Alex.

"So, how do conjure up a grand plan to defeat Caldric and his forces?" Neimos inquired.

"Let's put that out of our heads for now." Areya said waving her hand at Alex "The berries."

"Right!" Alex got the bucket and placed it on the table "I'll be right back." Alex dashed towards the backroom where he had a small chat with Dramus who helped aid him in creating the healing solution. He returned after five minutes with a cylindrical bottled filled with grayish indigo goop.

"We have to drink that?" Lynx looked at the bottle in disgust knowing that it wasn't sweet or delicious.

"Yes, here, you take half and Sirus does." He gave her the potion, she drunk half making a sour face, then Sirus did as well holding the bridge of his nose as the strong taste nearly knocked his head off.

"Now that that's over with, time for the final agreement." Neimos said, everyone looked at him confused. Neimos looked at Sirus "It's funny that in the world of demons there are actual unspoken laws. A verbal contract falls down the alley."

"The arrangement between me and Sirus is real?" Luna asked.

"Yes, Casira bounded your fates together when she and Sirus' parents made the agreement. It was all verbal, but words have power. The only way to break it would be for Sirus to break it now that his parents are gone. It's time to break your bonds."

"Ludacris." Sirus mumbled "I-

"In your heart is it not the right thing to do? Releasing Luna finally? Trying to cage her failed, what will come of keeping an arrangement that you're slowly teetering on."

"He no longer wants Luna as his?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

"He wants her, but his feelings for another may overshadow those old feelings. Isn't that right, I-

"You want what's in my head and yet you think this is the easiest way to receive that information? You're either stupid or just crazy."

"Maybe, but you don't want to know the truth, so I guess I'll spell it out for you. Now will you do what I ask?"

Sirus looked at the table, letting her go was easier for him and better for her. But he still had to in mind that he wanted to keep hold to her, deep down he still held an attraction towards Luna, he could still find her alluring when he looked her way.

"I break the arrangement binding me to Luna. I erase that bond of destiny." As the words left his mouth his eyes glowed, then Luna's while a small gust of wind blew past the two out of the door.

"Th-

"Get what you need, seer."

"Snippy." Neimos grinned "I will, but perhaps you should rest more."

"I will change my mind later. I thought meeting this epic seer would actually be enlightening."

"Are you displeased with what you gained?"

"Iris isn't something to be gained, she's been my friend for years."

"Longer that we have." Lynx added "Of course she doesn't have to put up with your bullshit."

"I have my ways to avoiding that." Iris said "I'll share later."

"You're the only one and I'm guessing it's because of something more than your friendly chats. You were in Romus too right?"

Iris nodded "Why?"

"Did you visit Sirus or vice versa?"

"Yes."

"And right after this little visit what happened, Luna?"

"He barely spoke, kept his distance..." Luna looked down at Sirus "So you want to keep people on your string?"

"No, I don't." Sirus said looking back at her seriously "And I don't see why this is a public conversation."

"It's just confusing to me."

"With your release, why does it matter?"

"Point." Luna turned to Lynx "Why does it matter?"

"Because Iris' aunt is insane and will do anything to steal Sirus. If she found out that Sirus felt something other than lust and attraction towards her niece she'd butcher her."

Iris poked the center of her forehead "Damn it, Si. I can't go home now."

"I can take care of h-

"You're in enough trouble."

"Then what can I do?"

"Work with me, with everyone here. The truth won't kill you."

Sirus looked up at Neimos who was patiently waiting for him "If I tell the truth what happens?"

"I'm able to get full access to your memories."

Sirus breathed in uncomfortably "Fine. I may...have feelings for Iris...more so than Luna."

"Wow." Luna said with a half smile on her face "Did that burn?"

"Do you want me to cooperate or just cut at me with words?"

Luna shrugged "Meh." She had time for both.

"Excellent." Neimos neared Sirus, towering him "This will take a few minutes, just keep your mind open." He placed his hands on the side of Sirus' head and this time Neimos' eyes turned a sharp lime hue, memories hit him left and right through a river with rapid waters. Every memories came at Neimos trying to pull him under and drown him.

Sirus himself was feeling sick as Neimos swam against the currents towards a memory that he was looking for. In the water a clear cut picture started to play, Sirus was going through a fast growth spurt, something that some demon went through after being born. He looked around ten, he was standing in the nymph realm by a tree waiting or his father.

Sirus knew that he'd been cheating on his mother, but commitment wasn't in their nature. It was rare for an incubus and succubus to settle down let alone have a child. But the world was full of possibilities. While his father rolled around with an old tree, Sirus was kept company by her sister who was a shifting flower nymph who gave birth every decade.

She showed Sirus the hydrangea and watched as they began to bloom, in the center of the flowers were little sprout people covered in pollen and smaller petals. Everyone flower opened and the nymphs yawned, opening their eyes and automatically knowing their mother before assimilating back with the flower.

It was something Sirus remembered, because Iris was born that day, the last hydrangea that almost didn't bloom. Iris was curled up in it sleeping, her flower was smaller and weaker than the rest. But by looking at the stalk of the plant Sirus guessed that would persevere, and she did. Sirus was also interested in the flower's survival and when Iris awoke the first person she saw was him.

After hours on hours, Sirus' father emerged fully sated. He gave a chilling glance to the young buds then to Iris' mother who glared at him. After that the memory pushed Neimos into another where Sirus was probably sixteen. His mother and father were arguing and he could hear his father losing control of his temper. He could hear the slaps and cracks of their home easily.

His mother wasn't willing to submit to being dominated, so she fought back and she lost. Then there were growls, a small humming growl and the door was slammed. Sirus knew what was happening, but tried to ignore it as his mother's nails scraping against the wall could be heard. He wouldn't be able to help her, his father could break a person's spine with a tap of his index finger.

Thirty two minutes passed with Sirus waiting for his father to teach him about his abilities again. The incubus came out smiling, acting as if the world was his. He patted his son hard on the shoulder and told him that some people needed a little push, that they sometimes needed help knowing what they wanted. People like Sirus' mother.

Sirus' father gave his son advice on using his anger and darker emotions to fuel his power rather than relying on happiness, being generous, believing in mercy. His mother taught him control rather than to let everything go and for the most part he maintained it well.

The water began to wash away the image and another flew at Neimos. Iris was fully grown leaning next to Sirus as her aunt boned his dad. They spoke a little, while Iris' mother tended to her newly born siblings. When Sirus' father came out this time he casted a sidelong glance at Iris who scoffed, that scoff irritated his. He was about to show her his own disrespect n a grueling manor.

Sirus could feel the violence sanding down his bones. So he told his father that he had a claim on Iris, one that meant no other could sully her with his or her hands. It was acceptable to his father, despite his own desire wanting to take the lot of them as his whores. Use or be used, it was something passed along to so many incubi that it nearly sounded like a law.

But every chance that came with his father going to another realm Sirus took, all so he could keep an eye on his father and keep his volatile tendencies low. Even when he took on the arrangement he would check on Iris and tell her when to send word or lock the realm down from his father who went on his sprees from the lack of flesh.

Neimos was taken into another memory when the waters of the river turned black, like oil, a thick greasy substance that held all of Sirus' hatred and fear of his father. Glimpses of shouting, fists striking the air, and blood were all he could hold onto before being dragged from the memory. Without another way to his next memory, Neimos forced himself out of the ick into the inn.

His eyes became their normal colors, one silver, one midnight eye. Siris' eyes were bleeding, as was his nose when he came back, he coughed and wheezed. He had never felt so weak, his blood was heated while his body felt cold, his hands trembled as he felt his strength whittle down.

"What in the world happened?" Areya asked Neimos.

"He went on his own expedition, do you not know how to reel back?" Sirus' eyes were stinging and his head felt as if it were being crushed... He summoned a cloth and wiped his eyes and nose.

"I didn't realize that they were that strong for you. I didn't see what I wanted, but you have some idea of it now from the second memory, yes?"

Sirus nodded sadly "Yes."

"So?"

"I need to regain my strength, unless you wish for my death sooner." Sirus smirked.

"So you're playing a game now?"

"No, but when you have your head cracked open, you can tell me."

"As long as your bitter memories aren't our downfall." Areya coughed.

"Of course not, Areya. But your lover's not playing fair, now is he?"

Lynx groaned rubbing her forehead "Can you do what he needs you to or you have whatever he needs you to have?"

Sirus nodded standing up "But as far as a plan goes I don't see much of one even with powers such as ours. Antidemon weaponry and a band of paranormal hating humans are coming to tear Vermillion apart. And with the time who knows what Caldric could be up to? You want to know all, great mystic? First you'll have to show me that you actually have an idea on what that man is up to and where we begin an assault. Otherwise this is-

"Would you calm the hell down?" Iris snapped "Go to a room and lay down, Sirus. You could literally die if you don't. Those wounds aren't light, so stop wasting energy by talking."

Sirus tapped the table once with his hand while looking at Iris, he was slightly annoyed with her irritation, but after all he'd been through enough was enough, so he walked down one of the halls. Everyone heard the door slam and as it did the table Sirus had touched fell to pieces.

"He's such a fucking child sometimes." Iris murmured "Sorry guys."

"It's fine." Neimos knew that Sirus would snap out of it eventually, if only they had that long.

After awhile everyone took to a room freely was a favor from Dramus. Iris went to Sirus' room. It was a dark mossy green and ivory, the curtains, rug, and bed spread were all in that color scheme, there was a wooden dresser in the right hand corner, one window above the bed in the middle of the wall and a door to the bathroom. Sirus was laying comfortably on the bed, his hands undeath his head, elbows protruding out by, eyes closed, but completely ware of his surroundings.

"Coming to heal my wounds again?" Sirus asked. Iris sighed taking a seat on the side of the bed.

"Your father-

"Is dead, and I am thankful." Sirus opened his eyes and searched for Iris' expression, it was one of worry and maybe even pity. Sirus pulled himself up and sat beside her "It is done and buried."

"Is it?" Iris frowned "Look at yourself. You're falling apart, and you don't even understand why."

"I know why Iris, I tried to change and in doing so I nearly got myself killed."

"If you're going to blame everything on the king of Vermillion and your father then I'm just done." Iris stood up to leave, but Sirus caught her by the arm "Si-

"I'm sorry."

Iris looked down at his face and kissed his forehead "I know, just forget I said anything and try to rest."

She then walked out into the hallway where Sirus followed her. He pressed her against a wall and kissed her. Iris could feel his muscles, the outline of his torso and further down, it felt nice, but a thought was nagging at her. So, she pulled away and spoke.

"What am I to you?"

"Besides my friend-

"And lover-

"Don't start that."

"No, you don't start! Just for once just tell me everything, let me help you without having to pull teeth! Do you even care?!"

"Of course, I care!" Sirus' blood began to boil from the question and in response he punched his fist into the wall. Without even thinking Sirus recoiled in pain, his body was still radiating in agony. Sirus breathed carefully looking into her violet eyes, he touched her face. He wanted to have her creamy skin against his in such a way that it caused his pain to grow into a fuming flame.

"Then tell me." Iris said this sternly "Wash away my confusion and yours. I will not play games, Sirus."

After some time Sirus felt his body calm a bit and wearily looked down with his snow white eyes "You're more than my friend, I want you to be more...because this feeling...it scares me and makes me ache. I know I've been foolish and even ignorant, but I really didn't know why or how it could be when I cared for another. But it exists, my love for you."

Iris' eyes softened and she embraced Sirus warmingly with relief "A place exists in my heart for you as well, Si...if you want it."

"I do."

"Then what about Luna?"

Sirus leaned back a little "I care for Luna differently. I tried so hard to force feelings and I was so arrogant about getting her to want me even if I scared her. But I feel tied to my promise to Casira. The king may look after her, but I still honor that."

Iris nodded "I know why you do, so I won't push the subject. I believe you Si, but there's one last thing. What was Neimos speaking of about the secret you knowing smething that Lynx didn't about Caldric?"

"Tha- Sirus paused rubbing his forehead "My powers must have really waned; how long have you been listening?" Sirus turned to the end of the hall and Iris looked down as well to see if anyone would appear. "Your majesty?"

Nick walked out and nodded "I apologize for listening in, but I was just checking to see how lady Iris was doing. I felt your sorrow."

Iris grinned "Thank you for worrying, but I'm doing okay."

"Is there something else?" Sirus asked.

"If you're feeling better then we should talk."

"I agree. Iris, could you excuse us?" Sirus looked at Iris who nodded.

"As long as you know I'm not calling you boyfriend." Iris said giving a backhand wave as she left and a small bow to Nick before she left the hall altogether.

Sirus gathered his strength and walked to the of the hall a few feet away from the king who seemed to hold no malice for him now.

"So, you've finally come to your senses in regard to Luna's life?" Nick said this casually.

"In a way, sure. But whatever you heard regarding Casira I wish would remain quiet for the time being."

"Why?"

"Luna doesn't need to know everything dear king." Sirus spoke lowly to save a bit of breath "And this is my secret to hold. What is it that you want to talk about?"

"Your power. The one that Neimos says we need to defeat Caldric."

Sirus ran his fingers through his hair and laughed "It's a form of torture...to get your victim to submit. Bind their movements or their words, manipulate them into doing what you want long enough for you to tear away at free will, break it if necessary."

"And that's funny to you?"

"No...It's funny to have such a power and never use it for such game."

Nick leaned up against the wall "How reluctant were those women who you claimed?"

"A little nervous, scared, but after a few minutes it all melted away and I was dreamed of constantly. As nice as it was to be wanted, it was a tedious thing."

"And your father?"

Sirus paused and shook his head "A no never stopped him, I would know..." Sirus coughed up a little blood before leaning against another wall across from Nick who was being very attentive "That's how I was conceived."

"And I'm sure you've received your fair share of pity-

"Pity..." Sirus nearly spat in irritation of the word "Most know the nature of incubi, most are fun, dark, bubbly, seductive creatures who could seduce anyone without having to hurt them. Ask them, my list of claims, and they'll tell you that I was not the monster that Luna thinks I am, at least not in that aspect."

"But your father was-

"My father was an abusive power-hungry bastard." Sirus wiped off his mouth with the back of his hand "My mother was not weak willed, and when an incubi's prey does not bend for them then they must break."

"You don't use it, because it reminds you of what he did to your mother."

"Not just her, everyone he sought out as his. If I hadn't been there that day..." Sirus looked down "Iris would have been ruined by him. Despite how I feel or what I did, I could not take that pain."

"Nor I. But can you use it to help us?"

Sirus nodded "I can use it on multiple people, something my father could never do. But that's them...fathers...mothers...Mine was a monster, but yours I hear was the devil."