Vermillion: Learning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After the hour passed Sirus and Dom made it into the field. Now there were blood stains scarring the lush green grass beneath their feet. Everyone had at least been hit once by them being purposely overwhelmed. Luna was low on energy, as was Alex. Both were out of breath as the main squad approached. These forces weren't two hundred, but five. And the remaining three were ready to take the king of Vermillion and gain high ground.

Alex used his remaining energy to summon a sword for Dom while Luna used her powers to create a sphere of water around her cousin. When it crystallized she relaxed, it began to glow green and blue. Little by little it was restoring his energy. Two more hours passed and only fifteen had fallen. Sirus was still waiting for an opportunity to use his powers, everyone almost had drawn in the crowd including Caldric.

Sirus looked and waited as everyone took on their fair share of hits and wounds, as blood filled the air, tension filled within Sirus. If he screwed up they were all dead and that wasn't something he could live or die with. Once everyone was in position Sirus breathed in and out carefully, his eyes lit up a dark gray and he began to speak as if he voice was being broadcasted, his entire being felt as if it were pulling in every way. He could hear the voices of the men, feel their wills start to bend and break...They were all his, he carefully spoke "By the sword you fight and by the sword you shall die."

All the men repeated it "By the sword we fight and by the sword we shall die." Even Caldric was unable to break through, though his will wasn't as easy to bend causing Sirus a migraine.

"Listen carefully, pick up any sword, any spear, or arrow, any weapon with a sharp edge. Place them...before your heart...breathe deeply...and...plunge the weapon through..." Sirus calmly watched as all the men, some shaking with fear, no control of their bodies and saw them stab themselves clean through the heart.

Every man did as he was told, all two hundred and ninety nine men fell under Sirus' might. Caldric was the only one who did not, he stabbed himself through, but it was through his right shoulder, not his heart.

"You damn devil!" He spat standing up. Sirus blinked unable to process what was happening, from the weapons he sustained medial wounds, but his energy was so low that he felt his body start to give out.

Sirus' eyes faded back to white as he fell on his knees out of breath. But Caldric had no luck in reaching him, because Lynx stood in his way. Caldric didn't react in time, because Lynx took her nails and slit his throat, just like cutting a blade of grass. Caldric fell, short and simple, bleeding out and dying, but not dead.

Nick approached him, he glanced down at the man without mercy, a flash of flame flickering in his eye. And all watched in amazement as Caldric began to burn, screaming out in pain, cursing everyone there. It was a slow processing death as Caldric rehealed repeatedly. When his regeneration stopped Nick allowed Lynx the death blow which she took by plunging her hand through his chest, forcing out his heart.

The rest was a blur...Everyone met back up at the inn covered in blood, battered in bruises, all in their rooms resting. Verdure soon awaited and things would finally calm down. Back in Nick and Luna's room, Nick was scrubbing the blood off his hands and from his nails. Luna sat on the bed with a torn tank with spots soaking and setting into it's cotton texture. Ever since they had got back things were silent, dead silent.

There was a small battle at the base of Haxir, where only those who were present would know about. This wouldn't go down in the history books, nor would anyone record it as one of the most violent battles ever. It was a five hour war that ended in the deaths of many mortals and one immortal. Despite saving Vermillion from a dark fate, it all felt like dread.

"Nick?" Luna called out to him, she was watching him through the open door, he'd been avoiding eye contact with her since they returned.

"Yes?" Nick called back drying off his hands.

"Are you mad? About the fight?"

"No."

"So you're mad at me then?" Luna knew this would be an issue, Nick painted her as this pure saint that would never kill even in the worst possible situation. But she did, Luna took a life, only one throughout the entire ordeal. It wasn't weighing on her, because she felt that it was defense and that those men were monsters in human skin. "Everyone else killed someone, I couldn't just keep dodging their attacks-

"Then why not block them?" Nick turned fiercely "Or put up a barrier? I know everyone else killed, I killed, I've killed in the past for Vermillion too. But you...you're not everyone, Luna." Nick's voice became quiet near the end. "I didn't want blood on your hands."

Luna sighed "It's not fair, you treating me like a child. I only killed that man, because I had no other choice. And as for my hands, they remain spotless."

No one was going with win this battle, both Luna and Nick stared at one another unsure of how to get through to the other. Luna didn't seem to care as much as Nick expected when taking someone's life for the first time and Nick was feeling guilty about not taking on the entire burden alone to prevent it all.

"You can use the bathroom now." Nick sat on the bed with Luna getting up to take a shower.

Back in Sirus' room, Iris had just freshened up and joined him laying on the bed staring at the ceiling. Sirus had already cleaned up, focusing on a new waved of misery heading his way.

"Don't think about it." Iris told him.

"Then what should I think about?" He shifted over onto his side to stare at her with a long lazy smile.

"Not sex." Iris stretched "At least not right now...What do you think Lynx is doing?"

"Screwing the blonde boy witch."

Iris shook her head "You can be a dick sometimes."

"No, I'm just not blind...or deaf. We'll be leaving soon anyway. We can think on things when we reach Verdure."

"I guess so." Iris watched Sirus' face, he a master at hiding his true intentions though Iris seemed to sense something else was the matter. She pushed to the back of her mind and focused on their next journey.

Around evening everyone gathed into the front of the inn where they sat at tables to talk about what came next. In the end it was decided that Neimos would stay in Verdure for time being and everyone else would stay for a few days at the castle to sort everything out.

By the time they left Haxir and arrived in Vedure it was seven in the morning. Dominic couldn't help but smile seeing the green grass, the old rugged steel stones of the castle that sat on the edge of Verdure looking over it. The closer they got the better they could see.

There Elizabeth stood with her frosty teal gaze, wearing a dark gray and blue peplum dres. Today she was more business casual rather than gothic barbie. She was standing in front of castle's door across from another.

There a new face emerged in the sunlight, a woman. She was wear a dark cherry blouse and black pencil skirt that was one size too small. Her hair was a smooth walnut brown that descended down the the right side of her shoulder in waves. But what caught everyone's attention was not her beautiful curves and face, but her eyes. Eyes that matched the color of snow.

Nick looekd towards Sirus who he could feel was anxious as well as agitated when he saw the woman. She was staring back at him smiling.

"What is going on?" Nick asked looking at his sister.

"This woman wanted an audience with you, but I told her your were out at the moment. She decided to try and force her way in." Elizabeth said "Everyone...it's been some time."

Dom nodded "Lady Elizabeth."

"I'm glad that you and Luna are well, Dominic." Eliza then turned back to the mystery lady "I held her off until you arrived here just now."

"I see...May I ask what it is that you want with me..."? Nick waited for an introduction, but the lady just kept on staring at Sirus.

"Why not ask Sirus, your majesty. He knows my name."

"Who's she?" Luna grumbled, she wanted breakfast and didn't have the patience for guessing who was coming to dinner.

"Elyra." Sirus put it simply.

"Oh come now, there's no need to be so formal." Elyra said "Actually, could we taken this inside? We should catch up."

"Not before explaining who you are and what it is that you wish." Nick said in a darker voice, but it didn't phase her.

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see my little brother." Elyra said flashing a grin at Sirus who's stomach dropped into his stomach. Memories were resurfacing with wounds. But nostalgia wasn't what Sirus wanted, he wanted Elyra to disappear, no he wanted her dead. To him she was plague, and unfortunately she was setting her sights on Verdure.

To be continued...

1...5678910