All Comments on 'Vessel of Dark and Light Ch. 01'

by EmotionalStorm

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
great read

this is going to be a great story, cant wait to read the rest of the chapters to come....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Exceptional

The beginning of what I feel will be an exceptionally good story. I am very much looking forward to reading the rest of this very fine book.

A1946lurkerA1946lurkerabout 5 years ago
Great story

WOW!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Amazing

One of the best stories I’ve ever read on this site and it’s only just begun!! Cannot wait for the next chapter and hope it comes quickly! Best of luck to EmotionalStorm and forever a favorite author of mine!

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 4 years ago

Excellent Beginning

I look forward to future chapters. You’ve given enough backstory to intrigue me into wanting more. As is true of most of the stories on this site, you would benefit greatly from an editor, proofreader, or even a beta reader. another pair of eyes would help you catch typos like this one: ‘He found myself going erect from the sensation.’ where you switched from 3rd person point of view, to 1st within a sentence. I found myself sometimes left confused in your use of pronouns. It was ‘occasionally unclear as to whom ‘he’ was referring. ‘He’ could refer to any male present and sometimes switched to a different male in the same sentence. When writing numerals in prose, typically numbers one through ten are spelled out. Your writing is vivid, painting clear images in our imaginations. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. Now I get to read the rest of your stories posted.

EmotionalStormEmotionalStormabout 4 years agoAuthor

I am in the middle of putting out an enhanced version of my Silvertree Chronicles at the moment. I have plans to revisit this story in the future to try and correct some of those issues and also enhance this story further. As the time of this comment I have 35 stories listed and another 25 in queue for publication from the Silvertree Chronicles. Book 1 is 36 chapters and over 540,000 words.

I grew that story by 10-15%, book 2 by over 20%, yes that is in the queue as well. I have chapters 30-36 I am working with a proof reader on and editing software. However due to the volume of the work finding an editor who wants to tackle the challenge of the books I have already done is a challenge. (I cannot afford to pay an editor being out on disability and none have come forward.) That is 1.5 million words easily for just the Silvertree story line and all 12 books. Be sure to read my bio to understand the challenges I face.

As a general rule, I do not release the second chapter until I am into 3rd or 5th chapter of the drafts in case I want to incorporate any early plot twists to the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEmotionalStorm@EmotionalStorm
May 25th, 2022 -- The Astra storyline has been updated from the original dated 3 years ago. It corrected hundreds of tense issues with some additional or changed dialog to fix some consistency issues. The Aurora story and books 2-12 of the Silvertree line will be coming over t...