Victoria

Story Info
She soon found why sending for a wife was his only option.
33.2k words
4.75
53.8k
57
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Caius - pronounced Keess (like keys but with the 's' sound and not the 'z' sound)

Victoria stepped off the train and looked around nervously, her father right behind her with their bags. He urged her on and passed her so she could follow him to the inn. She was nervous as she looked around, wondering if he was near, watching for her.

"Papa? Did he say he would be here?" she asked, tugging on her fathers coat.

"He didn't say, leastways I never got a letter. Quit fussin over it, you'll meet him tomorrow at the church to say the vows."

"I just wish I could at least see him first."

"Won't matter one way or the other. Come on."

He led her into the inn and got them a room for the night. Victoria didn't sleep, tossing and turning and fretting as she listened to her father snore.

Morning was a long time coming and she got up as soon as the light turned gray and began getting ready, her head hurting from not sleeping.

She didn't wake her father until the sun was well up. "It's almost time, papa," she said softly.

He grunted and got up and she stepped out and went down to wait on him. She looked around the place in the daylight, wondering if her and her new husband would ever come here. Or was he a farmer and lived further away from the town? Maybe he worked in town. Maybe he was old and infirm, or young and handsome.

That was too much to hope for. No one arranged a marriage from far off if they were handsome and could get their own girl.

Her father came down and ordered them breakfast, sitting down with her.

"Member what I said about bein' polite no matter what?"

"Yes papa."

"Doin what you're told."

"Yes papa."

"No makin a fuss if he ain't all you been hopin' for in your silly head."

"I won't papa."

"You step up and do what needs doin' without bein' told, you hear?"

"Yes papa."

"Cookin', cleanin', all that."

"Yes papa. And he never said what he did or where he lived?"

"No. Just the time and day for the vows. Wherever it is, you make yourself useful, ya hear?"

"Yes papa."

"You was always a good help to me and your ma, but I don't want you getting mopey about this and makin' him regret his decision."

"I won't papa. You think... did he sound mean or angry or anything?"

"No. He was very to the point. I think he ain't had much schooling with the way he wrote and how short his sentences were. Direct, no extra words."

"You said he had money though? He is payin you a lot for you to come all this way and marry'n me. He can't be too awful uneducated if he can afford to send off for a wife."

"Might be all he had, might not. Dunno. Reckon we're about to see," he said, digging into the plate set down in front of him.

Victoria couldn't eat, she just poked at her food and sat there quietly, waiting with a sour stomach.

Her father took her plate and ate it too and she watched people coming in to order breakfast, wondering if one of the men was him. She looked over each of them and had a short fantasy about each one and what he might be like and guessing what he did and how nice he might be to her.

Her father finally stood and picked up her bag, then led her out and down the long dirt road to the little church. He pushed in and held the door for her and it took a moment for her eyes to adjust.

She saw a woman's face first, turned and looking her over from one of the pews, a man with her. The preacher stood at the pulpit and off in front of him, to the side, stood a man.

She stared, not knowing what to think. He wasn't old or young, he wasn't ugly or handsome. He was huge.Tall and muscular with a padding of fat on him. He was pale and freckled like only a redhead could be. His eyebrows were knit down and his mouth downturned like he was dissatisfied.

He looked her over and his face actually lit up as he stood up straight. He still looked stern, but he also looked pleased.

Her father walked her up and she looked at the woman again. She had the same red hair and the man with her was holding her hand. His sister perhaps and her husband?

"Mr O'Dowd?" her father asked the large redhead.

"Caius. Yes. This would be Victoria, then?"

"Yes, my daughter Victoria.

"I 'ave ya pay 'ere," the man said, with an accent she had never heard before. He ahanded her father a wad of bills. "She's a bit short then, isn't she? You say she's 18?"

"She is. Last month."

"'Er mother this small?"

"She is."

"She had no problems bearin' children? The lass have brothers 'n sisters?"

"She does. Four sisters and two brothers."

"Aye then. Lass, do ya speak?"

"Yes sir?" she answered softly, her eyes wide as she looked up at him.

"Your pa said ya could do all needs doin', that so?"

"Yes sir?"

"Ya kin cook well?"

"Never had a complaint."

"Well let's get on with this then, I have orders tha' need sein' to," he said, turning to the preacher.

Victoria looked back to her father, but he just nudged her closer to Caius. She stood with her head down, waiting for it to be over. When the end finally came and the preacher told him to kiss her, Caius had to bend almost double to take her face and press his lips to her head quickly.

She forced herself to be still and allow it, her hands making fists at her sides.

He finally let her go and she felt her face burning with shame.

She turned to her father again and he gave her a nod as he passed her bag off to Caius. "Her clothes are in there, along with a few of her other things. Tori, write your mother, let her know how you are. Tell us when you have kids, your ma will want to come see them."

"Yes papa," she answered softly, lowering her eyes.

He half hugged her, then walked out. She watched him go, a lump in her throat.

The woman stood and she was a big woman. Easily six feet tall and thick like her brother. The same sort of build. Not fat really, but muscular without a lot of definition. She stepped up and pulled Victoria into a hug.

"I'm Fern! It's so lovely ta meet ya! Ya are a darlin' little thing, aren't ya? Isn't she Bill?"

"She is," the man with her agreed.

"Oh, ya lucked out there little brother! Such a wee thing though!"

"Come on then, lass," Caius said, ushering her out the door, his sister and 'Bill' following them. He put a hand on her shoulder and walked her to the end of the long dirt road in town and down a little further, leading her to the smithy. She looked him over again and came to the conclusion that he was definitely a blacksmith.

He led her into the house that adjoined the smithy and she looked around at the cluttered mess.

"We'll be seein' ya Sunday, wee lass!" Fern called from outside as they kept walking.

Veronica looked up at Caius and he was looking down at her, his eyes wide. He stepped away and started opening shutters on the windows, letting light in.

"There's a lot needs doin'," he said softly. "I'll put yer things in the bedroom, then. Ya can get to it. I have work needs seein' to."

"Yes sir."

"Ya kin' call me Caius."

"Ok. Caius?"

"Yes lass?"

"Umm... my name is Victoria?"

"I know that."

"You keep calling me Lass? That's not my name."

"No, lass. It means girl."

"I see... I have never heard the way you speak before. Are you from somewhere off?"

"I'm Irish. Ya never met an Irishman?"

"No sir. Caius."

"Well, I'm just a man. Go on and get to it lass. You kin ask yer questions later."

He left, going out to the smithy and Victoria looked around again, a little overwhelmed at the mess. She started with the kitchen and worked her way around the large room, then into the bedroom. Washing his clothes seemed to take the longest time, along with mending them. There were tiny burns in everything.

She was tired by the time he finally came in after dark. She hurried and pulled dinner out of the oven and set it on the table, then hesitated as he sat down, watching her warily. He looked around the room.

"It's better in here, lass. Ya did alright then. What's this then?"

"Just ham and beans and that's cornbread."

He ate three bowls and half the pan of cornbread while she watched. "Aren't ya gonna eat?" he asked, looking at her.

"I'm... not really hungry. Butterflies."

"Butterflies?" he asked, confused.

"In my tummy. Fluttering around. It's an expression. It means I am nervous."

"Why?"

"I... just am."

He blinked and looked down, then pushed back and stood up. She jumped up as well, then began putting everything away. He went back to the bedroom and she stood by the stove, holding her stomach and wondering what to do.

"Ya comin' then?" he called.

She went back slowly and stopped at the door, watching him wash up in the basin.

"Ya shy?"

"Umm... I never thought I was before."

"Ya scared then?"

"A bit."

"Nothin' to it for ya, all ya hafta do is lay there. I'll do the rest."

"Have you been... umm..."

"Aye. I's married a few years back. She passed on the trip 'ere, her and the babe she was carry'n. Fern insisted I send away for another. Come on now, take off the dress. Lay down."

"I... umm... could you turn away?" she asked fearfully, her breath starting to quicken.

"I'm yer husband now, you needn't fear me, lass. I will'na hurt ya."

"I understand, I just... please? This time?"

He turned his back to her and she wondered if he ever smiled or spoke kindly instead of sternly. He seemed a little cold, nothing like her mama and papa were with each other.

She pulled her dress off after kicking her boots off, then climbed into bed and pulled up the blankets.

"That all of it then?" he asked, looking over his shoulder.

"Umm... what?"

"You take off everythin'?"

"Everything? I sleep in my shift and..."

"No, lass. Take it off. Everythin'. Ya understand?"

"Yes sir," she answered miserably, getting up to remove the rest of her clothes.

"Ya needn't be callin' me sir, m'name is Caius."

"Ok," she said softly, trying to hold back tears.

She dove back under the blankets and he turned to face her. The bed was as giant as he was, but with him next to it, it seemed proportionate. He pulled off his own undershirt, then his pants, watching her face as he did. She turned away, looking at the wall, even though she was fearfully curious.

"It's no sin ta look upon yer husband," he said as she heard him pulling clothes off. "Nor is it a sin for me to lay eyes on my wife."

"I know... I... I just..."

"Yer young yet. You'll get used to it," he said, climbing into bed next to her. He propped on an elbow looking down at her, she could see him from her periphery, but she couldn't turn and look at him as she began panicking. "Easy, lass. There's nottin' ta fear from me. I'll go easy. It may hurt a bit, but that won't be lastin'. Turn over here and lemme look at ya. You are a lovely thing, I wasn't expectin' tha'. Prettier than my Roisin, even."

"Was that your wife?"

"Aye. She 'as pretty in her way. Tall and slender. Willowy my ma'd say. More fragile'n me'n Fern. Sickly. She caught a cough, deep and dark in her chest. Doctor in tha town we passed through said it 'as a thing called pneumonia an' he wouldn't see her no matter how much I offered."

"Why not?"

"He was a hateful man, said we wasn't meant ta live here and he hoped we all died. Alla us in our caravan."

"Why would he say that?"

"Some people hate us for no reason I can imagine save that we're from another place."

"Because you talk funny?"

"Aye. That too. They think we're less. Even people here think it, but they aren't as bad as some other places. We found a place here. They are happy enough ta have my services when they need'm. Fern, Bill, t'others, they all live outside'a town. Close ta each other for safety. Here now. Come a bit closer."

Victoria moved a little closer, her eyes wide. "Is that why you sent away?"

"In part, aye. Also, there's no women ta be had out here. Tha few there are aren't for the likes of me."

"That seems unfair," she said breathlessly as he moved his hand to her ribs. She wanted to keep him talking, distract him. "You said Fern made you. Did you not want to?"

"Yes'n no. I missed Roisin, my heart hurts for 'er, but Fern was right. I needed someone to 'elp me outta my dark moods. And ta help 'round 'ere. I's too busy ta keep a proper house an the wives tha' could be hired wunna come for me. It was too far for my people ta come."

"So you needed a maid... mostly."

"A wife. A wife does more than keep house and cook. You'll be keepin' my cock happy too."

Victoria blushed and looked away quickly.

"No need ta feel shame for that, it's a wife's duty. I'll be wantin' to lay eyes on ya too. I will wait a day or so because you're so shy a thing, but not too long. I will be beddin' ya' though. I'll try not ta hurt ya more than needs be. Come now. Reach up'n take hold of the post there and spread yer legs out wide for me. I won't look. Tha's a good lass," he whispered, moving to climb on top of her.

Victoria felt the heaviness of his manhood drag across her hip and she whimpered, but held the headboard and stayed still.

His large, meaty hand reached down and touched her between the legs, fumbling around as he pressed and pushed awkwardly. She felt his finger graze her nub and her breath hitched as pleasure spiked through her, but the feeling was fleeting as he continued with his clumsy exploration.

She squeezed her eyes shut, her face afire with shame and humiliation as he poked and prodded her. Finally, he pulled his hand up and spit on his fingers, then reached back down. She squealed in revulsion as the wetness touched her.

"Easy lass, just gettin' ya ready for me. Tried it t'other way but it was'n workin'. Try not ta tense up so. There now," he whispered, moving himself.

She felt him press his hard cock against her, sliding it in the wetness between her legs. She whimpered again, terrified, then he pushed into her. She cried out in shock and pain. No one had told her it would hurt like this!

He groaned as he shoved again and again, forcing himself in further and further. "Easy, lass, it eases. It eases!" he hissed around her hysterical cries and pleas for him to stop. "Be still now, let me do what needs doin'," he grunted, forcing himself all the way in. "There now, easy lass, hush now. The worst is done."

"It still hurts! Please!"

"Shhh, easy lass. Bite down on the blanket," he demanded, moving the blanket to her mouth. He began moving again, pulling back and pushing back in, pumping his hips shallowly and gently. He rocked slowly, a giant hand on her face as he panted with effort. "There's a good lass, see? It eases. Nothin' to it t'all. Be easy now, there ya go," he breathed, stroking her face. She knew he was trying to be gentle, but his large hand was a little rough as he tried to comfort her. He went quiet as he kept pumping his hips, just breathing. He leaned closer, pulling her face to his chest as he slowly pumped into her. She turned her face to the side and cried silently as he held her. She knew he was being as gentle as he could, but it was still misery.

He finally grunted and she felt his cock expand inside of her, then throb as if it had a heartbeat. Hot fluid filled her as he throbbed and she let out a small wail of shock and fear. Had he just released himself inside of her? Pissed in her?

"There now lass," he panted, easing out of her and falling to the bed next to her as he breathed heavily. "It will get easier. Better. Ya have my word on it."

"Why... why did you do that?" she demanded in a wail, jumping up to go clean herself.

"Take ya to mah bed?" he asked, confused, sitting up to watch her. "It's what husbands do ta their wives."

"No! The last! You... you pissed in me!"

He blinked, then his face relaxed. "Easy now lass, come back ta bed. You don' know a man spends his seed? How d'ya think a woman gets with child? Tha's what I was doin'. Bringin' seed up to put in ya. Tha's all it was."

"It... it felt... it was a lot! And it felt hot and wet..."

"Aye, it is. Come now," he beckoned, holding the blankets open for her.

She grabbed up her shift and yanked it on before getting in the blankets.

"It won't be so hard the next time, it will ease more and more every time 'til you come to enjoy it as well."

"You enjoyed that?"

"Aye. It feels good. It will for ya too once I break ya in. Lay down now and sleep."

Victoria turned to her side and curled up as he blew out the lamp. He was snoring in under a minute, but she lay awake, feeling confused.

He seemed nice in his own way and he tried hard to be gentle... but it was nothing like she had read about. She had no grand feelings for him, she was just afraid of him.

It didn't matter. Done was done. She was his wife and this was her lot now.

She closed her eyes, but her dreams were dark and murky, leaving her tired and anxious when he woke her in the morning.

He put a hand on her hip, rolling her to her back as he pulled her shift up. "Move yer legs apart again, lass," he whispered, taking hold of one of her wrists and pinning it to the bed as he held himself up on that elbow. He moved over her and reached between her legs, fumbling again. He didn't wait this time, licking his fingers and reaching down, then pushing his cock into her.

Victoria gasped, coming fully awake with a whimper. She was still so sore and it seemed to hurt more this morning!

He held her face to his chest and pumped above her, his hand holding her wrist tightly as he thrust. He was still slow and gentle, but Victoria could only clench her teeth as tears leaked out of her eyes.

He grunted again and spilled into her, then rolled and laid there a moment, breathing.

"Go on'n get breakfast then," he said softly.

She jumped up and went to clean up before getting dressed and starting breakfast. He went out to the forge, but came back in before breakfast was done.

"Forge is heatin' up. Tomorra's church, you'll have to get up earlier ta make breakfast so we kin go. Ya have a dress for church?"

"Yes sir... Caius. I will make sure it's ready."

"Did ya na sleep well?"

"Not so well. Sorry. Just not used to it here. It doesn't feel like home yet."

"Still got tha butterflies?"

"A bit. Not so bad."

"I 'ave no aim to hurt ya, lass, or be cruel. Ya needn't fear me."

"I know! I just... don't know what to expect. This is all new to me. I have never had a husband before, you have been married. You know it all already. I am trying to learn."

"Ya never watched yer ma and pa?"

"Yes, but they were very different."

"S'at so? How?"

"They... they were very affectionate. Kissing and hugging and holding hands. He smiled at her a lot and she smiled at him."

"Yer wantin' me ta smile more then? I've never been one for a lot of show, lass. I'll not be mean or angry or enathin'. I 'ave my own ways. Here now, how long?"

"It's ready!" she said breathlessly, serving breakfast.

She sat down and ate, starving now. Still, she watched him warily as he ate. He seemed unconcerned as he quickly ate, then stood up.

"Yau know what's needed here ta cook, aye? An' other things ya might be needin' as well?"

"Yes."

"There's a paper there'n a pencil. Can ya start a list for me then?"

"Of course."

"I'll send ya along ta get it on Monday. Tomorra' I'll show ya round the town. Today, finish up in here."

"Yes s... Caius."

"If yer needin a nap, make sure it's after lunch, aye?"

"Thank you."

"Not too long."

"Ok."

He left and Victoria went to the door, peeking out to watch him go to the forge. She went to the kitchen window and opened the shutters so she could see him in the forge, getting things ready. She kept an eye on him as she cleaned up and started a stew for dinner. She wished she could understand him and his almost emotionless way of speaking to her.

She spent the day cleaning and cooking. He came in for lunch, eating the leftover beans and cornbread quietly and quickly before hurrying back out to finish whatever he was working on. Victoria only watched him quietly, then cleaned up everything and went back to doing laundry.

123456...9