Victoria & Alex Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Right, I'm counting to three, after which I'll put you in the shower... One."

"Nah ah."

"Two."

The ball scrunched up and its hold tightened on the duvet.

"Three."

Alex pulled the duvet sharply off the bed. At first, Vicky maintained her hold on it, but it soon slipped out of her fingers, leaving her curled up on the bed, still in her clothes from the previous day.

"Vicky... Come on... We have to get moving..."

She curled up into a tight ball once more, shaking her head.

"Right, come on. Either you get in the shower, or I'll put you in there, clothed or not, and I'll turn it on the coldest setting."

She shook her head again, calling his bluff, so Alex felt he had no choice. He walked around to her side of the bed. As he reached his arms to scoop her up, faster than a cat, Vicky squealed and unravelled herself, scrambling across to the other side of the bed.

"Nooo, you wouldn't dare?" Vicky slowly stepped off the bed and stood up, looking dishevelled with her hair in a bird's nest mess.

"Try me... Shower now Vicks." Alex stepped towards her, pointing to the bathroom door.

Vicky took a few steps back, "Okay... I'll go."

She moved a few steps backwards, still unsure if Alex meant to carry out his threat or not. Alex lunged jokingly towards her. She squealed, "I hate you," as she dodged into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her, not seeing Alex chuckling with laughter.

Alex tidied the duvet back onto the bed, placing his sports bag onto the bed and unzipped it. Behind him, he heard the bathroom door click open. He turned to see Vicky standing in the doorway; her face flushed.

"I didn't mean it... I love you Alex Fisher... And I'm glad you're here, looking after me."

She smiled and closed the door.

A while later, Alex was sitting, dressed and eating his toast in the lounge, when the bathroom door next opened and Vicky skipped across the hallway in her dressing gown, with a towel wrapped around her head. She found her alarm clock back on her bedside table and a mug of tea sat on her dressing table waiting for her.

"Do you want any toast?"

"Please love."

Alex popped some bread into the toaster. There wasn't a lot more he could do, but he knew Vicky would be prompt. She certainly didn't live up to the archetypical portrayal of women taking an age to get ready. He could already hear her hairdryer at work.

Carrying her toast to her, Alex found her, as expected, sitting at her dressing table. Her blond shoulder-length hair straightened, now wearing a plain white, silk camisole over a white bra, sitting in her padded shaped shorts, as she applied makeup.

Alex placed the plate with toast in the only space on the dresser available to him.

"Thanks, nearly done. I don't want to wear my blouse until I've eaten. On the bed, there are the spare ski brochures David wanted you to look through on the train. Can they fit in your bag? Mine's nearly full."

She dropped her makeup bag into the small open wheelie travel bag on the floor alongside her. She gazed at Alex in the mirror, giving him her elfin smile, which made it all worthwhile.

"Yeah, I've loads of room, if you want to put anything in my bag?"

Vicky was already scoffing her toast, leaning over the plate, to avoid crumbs landing on her clean clothes. She shook her head. Alex collected the brochures and dropped them into his huge sports bag.

Vicky flicked any crumbs off her fingers then stood, to slip on her white silk blouse embroidered with the logo 'Snow Adventures.' Alex enjoyed watching her straighten the material perfectly before pulling on her tight pencil skirt, tucking the blouse in, being careful not to crease it.

Vicky, now back in her role of saleswoman asked, "You like?"

"I love... You look stunning, as always."

Vicky blushed and smiled back at him. "Ready? Let's get going."

She bent back over to close her travel bag and zip it up. Alex picked up his bag and followed her out of the bedroom with her plate and mug to place them in the dishwasher. He did a quick scan of the apartment to be sure they'd not left anything.

"You've got the train and show tickets?" Alex asked, to see Vicky nod and tap her handbag alongside her, as she slipped on one pair of black flat shoes. She held up a pair of black high-heeled shoes in her hands.

"Can you drop these in your bag? These flatter shoes will be comfier to travel in."

Alex took the heels off her and admired them. "Mmm, these will go nicely with your rubber cat-woman costume tonight..."

"You should be so lucky..." Vicky grinned at him, "Maybe another time."

"I look forward to it."

Alex placed the shoes carefully in his bag, pulled his red ski jacket on, and hoisted the handles of his large sports bag through his arms and onto his back. He helped Vicky into her silvery black puffer ski jacket and picked up her travel bag to lead her out of the apartment.

The early morning freezing air chilled them as they left the building and headed for the underground. Despite the early hour, there was a reasonable amount of people joining them on the platform.

Having to only travel two stops, they didn't bother trying the cold, hard plastic seats, so stood. Alex hung onto the rail above, his legs defensively astride Vicky's travel bag, whilst Vicky hugged him for balance.

"Sorry Alex, I had planned a nice romantic evening planned last night... With me as dessert."

"That's okay, you've had a tough week. You needed to offload your troubles."

"I did... But I didn't realise how much I needed to until I started... I'm sorry I hadn't planned on falling asleep on you."

"That's okay. We've all this weekend for you to make it up to me..."

She squeezed him, "I will... I don't remember you carrying me to bed. I woke with a start when I realised I was in bed alone. Hearing you showering was reassuring, as it was comforting to know you were there... Sorry, you had such a dull evening."

"Not dull, lovely... You needed to vent to someone who cares. I love being here for you."

"I love you too, you lovely man."

The train shuddered as it braked, causing Vicky to hold tighter onto Alex, as it emerged from the tunnel into a station, Alex craning his neck to check the station's name.

"Not this one, next one," Vicky confirmed, resting her head on his chest. "I'm not a morning girl, am I?"

"Nope, I'm with you there, girl."

As the train jerked back into motion, Alex realised there was something he wanted to talk to Vicky about, whilst they were still alone.

"Sarah was worried about you. She rang me in the week, to try to get me to talk you out of this weekend."

"She told me, she also tried to talk me into cancelling. Initially, I think she had genuine concerns, but later in the week, she seemed strange, as if there was an ulterior motive."

"I think there was... After we spoke on Thursday, I rang Sarah back, just to let her know you seemed okay. She sounded down and when I asked, she admitted that the girl Chloe, she liked, had ignored her texts and calls. I think it got to her."

"Aha, that explains why she she's created herself a busy schedule this weekend. I'll call her later, as she won't answer at this time in the morning... So you called my best friend?"

"She called me first... She's your best friend, Vicks. Like family, she's a part of you, and your life so comes with you as part of the package."

Vicky hugged him again, as she looked up at him with a pouty, sad face, "Do I need to be jealous?"

"No... She's your closest friend... But she makes me nervous at times, asking me if I was wearing pyjamas in bed."

Vicky giggled, "She told me. I'm glad you both get on."

Soon the train juddered again, as it braked for Paddington and the lovers prepared to leave the train with the other commuters, joining the procession up to the main overground platforms above.

Seeing they had enough time, they joined the queues for coffee and a Danish pastry. With coffee and pastries in hand, they checked the timetable display overhead and headed for the platform showed. Once through the ticket barrier, they counted off the carriages to find their reserved seats.

Thankfully, they had seats with a table and were forward facing. Alex quickly lifted their bags onto the racks above them. He lifted out the brochures, and the two settled down for the journey.

"Dave and Pauline travelled Thursday to set up the stand. Dave text yesterday to say Friday was as quiet as they expected, but today and Sunday will be the busiest days. He's said to drop our bags off at the hotel first, as the stand is too small and then catch a shuttle to the show arena, as it's too far to walk." Vicky explained as she checked her phone.

"I've worked with Pauline before, but not the new girl, Karen, who should be here with us on the train. She hosted in another chalet this season and will join one of Dave's chalet teams next season."

"That's odd. The season is still running, for at least another month. Was she sacked or something?"

"I don't know. Perhaps she had to come home for some personal reason. Pauline, Dave's partner, is okay, but I think she looks down on me a little with me being just a temp. She deals with all their phone bookings."

As they settled in their seats, a tall red-haired woman arrived, wearing a tight-fitting, orange ski jacket that barely held in her ample bosom. After checking the ticket of the window seat opposite Alex, she smiled.

"This will be me then." She announced and then looking at Alex and Vicky asked, "Snow Adventures?"

Vicky nodded, "Hi, I'm Vicky, and this is Alex."

"I'm Karen. Dave said you would be joining me."

She held her hand out to Vicky, with a friendly smile, but when moving to Alex's hand she looked at him a little surprised, but shook it anyway. She looked up at the full luggage rail above and then down at Alex.

"Is that yours?" She nodded at his large bag. "Have you got the kitchen sink in there?"

"No, just a change of clothes and some heels." He joked, looking at Vicky.

Karen 'hummed' thoughtfully to herself, giving Vicky a fleeting glance that looked like pity, and then lifted her rucksack up into the next available luggage space. She unzipped her jacket and settled down into her seat.

Vicky was a little unsure of Karen, her inference that she and Alex were joining Karen, stung a little, as opposed to Karen joining them, but she shrugged it off as nerves.

They barely noticed the train sliding out of Paddington as Karen fired a broadside of questions aimed at Vicky, trying to discover more about her and maybe her pecking order in the 'Snow Adventures' Team. Had she ever been a chalet host? How long she had been skiing? Was she a good skier? Had she ever skied in Verbier? Had she ever done any other ski shows with Dave?

Karen ignored any attempt by Vicky to include Alex in her answers and returned her attention to Vicky. Initially, Alex wondered if she was chatting Vicky up?

As she continued, he changed his mind to the possibility of her being intimidated by Alex. He'd seen this before, where some women, prefer to talk to other women, or in this case his girlfriend, rather than a strong male... Was he an Alpha male?

Vicky was getting a little frustrated at this. Why couldn't this woman relax and include Alex? She was almost actively avoiding acknowledging his presence. Alex felt Vicky's tension and squeezed her leg in reassurance a few times.

Karen found every opportunity to turn the conversation back to herself and her narrow experience that winter season in Verbier. As she continued, the two lovers realised she was a one-trick pony and nerves were driving her constant chitchat. Vicky relaxed a little and gave her the benefit of the doubt, trying to like her new colleague.

After they'd drunk their coffees and eaten their pastries, Vicky flicked through the brochures and tested Alex on some general questions, to see how much he had gleaned from the website over the week.

Once again, Karen interjected, ignoring Alex, often with incorrect or misleading answers. Alex corrected her on a few points and had to support the answers with his experiences of the resorts David's chalets inhabited, none of which included Karen's singular experience of Verbier.

A few times, Alex had to cut Karen off, sometimes sternly, as she interrupted. At least, after this weekend, they would never see Karen again. They only had to put up with her for two days, but she was now becoming annoying.

Alex resorted to flicking through the brochures on his own. Rather than do the same, Karen flicked through her phone. The few times Alex caught Karen's eyes, she looked as if she were inspecting him, and then she would look at Vicky, with a little pity.

Alex noticed that Vicky was still weary and nowhere near fully awake. Expecting a long day ahead, Alex placed the brochures down, half-turned and leaned back against the window. He lifted the armrest between them out of the way and pulled Vicky into him, cradling her in his arms, so she could sleep.

Alex savoured the warmth of Vicky in his arms, soaking up her gentle perfume and the rise and fall of her body as she breathed. He wanted to make the most of it, enjoying another facet of being a couple that he hadn't contemplated before.

Sitting there, pretending to be asleep to avoid Karen, he pondered on their interaction this morning. She was almost competitive in her stance when they discussed the brochures. Alex had a proven track record in those resorts, the one thing that impressed David in their telephone interview.

She was jealous, intimidated by this. David must have explained this to her, and she didn't like a short-term temp, being held in higher regards when she deemed her experience as a possible seasoned chalet host to trump everything else. Now he had her measure, Alex felt more relaxed, enjoying Vicky's warmth once more.

Initially leaving London, the train wasn't busy, but as they neared Birmingham, towards the end of their journey, more people boarded. Most were families either going to visit family, shop or even visit the ski show and the carriage slowly got noisier, with excited children and talkative friends.

As the train moved slower, nearing the station, the clatter of other travellers preparing to leave the train woke Vicky. She slowly sorted herself out, straightening her clothes back out and checking her makeup in a compact mirror.

When the train came to a halt at the station, they waited for the initial rush to clear before standing to grab their bags. This frustrated Karen, who grabbed her rucksack down from the luggage rack and stormed out, fighting the rush, to end up waiting outside on the platform for the two lovers.

With the carriage now empty, Alex led Vicky out and helped her down the high step to the platform. Initially, in the crowds things were a bit confusing, as there were several exits. Karen walked ahead, claiming to know the way, missing the one clearly showing the way to the National Exhibition Centre and hotels.

After a little more confusion, they found and boarded a hotel shuttle bus. Although the train station was next to the NEC, it took nearly ten minutes for the bus to wind its way around car parks and connecting roads to deposit them at their hotel.

The hotel was busy, but mainly with vendors leaving before the show opened to the public. They arranged to meet Karen back in the lobby in five minutes, as they rode the lift to their rooms.

The two lovers waited until the doors had closed on Karen, as they continued to ride the lift higher up, before breathing a sigh of relief. Both Alex and Vicky vented their frustrations about her behaviour. Alex explained his theory about her jealousy and agreed that they only had to put up with her for two days and then they'll be rid of her.

Once in their room, Vicky freshened up and changed into her heels. David had left a shirt for Alex in the room, so he quickly changed out of his Sunday best to look like one of the team, with an embroidered logo.

Down in the hotel lobby, they met with Karen, who claimed they were late and were delaying her. She insisted on leading them to yet another shuttle to get to the show hall. The NEC has dozens of halls, it seemed, and the shuttle bus had to visit all of them, with their car parks, before arriving at the ski and board show, covering three halls.

Karen led them through security, waving passes to enter the show halls. She continued blindly walking into the crowd, but Alex checked the show maps to find the exact location of their own stand. True to form, Karen had led them to the wrong hall, at the wrong end.

Alex used the map to lead Vicky to find their display stand. They scurried past equipment and clothing manufacturers, ski shops, discount clothing stores, major tour operators, fake ski slopes, food retailers and bars.

When they arrived, the 'Snow Adventures.' stall was instantly recognisable, as it was identical to the one in London. David was pleased to see them, welcoming them to the stand, and introduced Alex to Pauline.

His first question was if Karen had been on the train. Alex explained they lost Karen hunting through the halls, trying not to be judgmental. Vicky and Pauline chatted as they had some catching up to do.

David quickly explained how he wanted things to run. The priority was to get people to sign up for an email follow up to the show, and subsequent news updates. This would give them a five percent discount and include them in a competition for the winner to have a free week in a chalet of their choice, on any low-season week of their choice. Ten emails pulled out of the hat would also win a twenty percent discount.

He hoped that having a tall, athletic male on a stand of attractive women would give them an extra edge. Suggesting that if Alex attracted people in, then hand them over to someone more experienced, especially if they were returning customers.

By having extra staff on the stand, he hoped that he and Pauline could step away and take the opportunity during the show to negotiate with a few independent chalet owners that were thinking of selling up. He was hoping to expand his collection of chalets.

Karen arrived at ten, as the show opened to the public and they saw people streaming in. She was not happy and blamed Vicky and Alex for delaying her, even though they had been on the stand for quite a while.

Alex shrugged and defended their position, explaining that she had taken them to the wrong show hall, and then stormed off in the wrong direction. The coffee cup in her hand and crumbs around her mouth witnessed that she had taken a detour en route.

At first, things were slow, with only a few people drifting by, all heading to set destinations. Then people began stopping to ask questions and ask for information. Soon the stand was very busy and time was flying by.

Alex found he was managing well as a salesperson. Soon he learned to hold on to interested parties, taking email addresses and entering them into their show competition and to let tyre kickers move on.

Being that much taller, he found he could spot likely candidates easier. If Vicky or Karen were looking bored, he'd pull in interested parties and hand them over to his colleague. Then he could search out more.

This annoyed Karen profusely, as she seemed reluctant to be second to anyone, let alone a temp, or work harder than she needed. Seeing this annoy Karen, cheered and amused both Alex and Vicky.

A few times, Vicky called Alex to help her and explain any resort complexities with prospective clients. Whether suitability for families, young children or more experienced skiers. Each time, Alex could talk them around or up-sell them to a more suitable chalet or resort.

Karen flatly refused to request help, even when she lacked resort knowledge. A few times, either Vicky or Alex stepped in to support her, often saving the potential client from walking away empty-handed. Not once did Karen acknowledge their help with a simple 'thank you'.