All Comments on 'Viewing My First Porn Movie'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fantasy repertoires

A well-remembered portrait of a different time, when information about sex was harder to come by. I can still remember in some detail pictures from the three or four Playboy magazines I somehow managed to gain access to during the late sixties and seventies. And even they, as revealing as they were, kept the most intimate mysteries of feminine anatomy hidden under a strict veil of secrecy. How different from today, when every imaginable act from every possible pov is instantly available in HD resolution at the click of a button. How will the kids who are coming of age today look back on their first porn videos?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Golden age

The vintage porn era where you had to go to an actual theater to see a movie should get more respect. There was often some semblance of a story line, however weak. The performers actually looked like real human beings that you might see at the local high school, college, or PTA meeting; a far cry from the surgically enhanced, bleached , shaved and heavily made up performers of today. I don't remember a lot of spitting, slapping, of facials. Sometimes it actually looked like the performers were enjoying themselves.

To me, most of it was far superior to what is prevalent today.

Also, if you could get a woman to actually attend one of these movies in a theater, you knew you had a keeper. You might even get some action right there in the theater.

Jedd11Jedd11almost 6 years ago
Agreed

Can't agree more. With both the editorial and the current comments. While I do like the shaved look, and contrary to belief, it has been around for thousands of years, everything else I find spot on. The surgeries, the (too) heavily made up look, the wooden performances. Today's stuff doesn't hold a candle to the golden age. As was said, there were even a semblance of a plot back then. They were generally awful, but there were plots. Like so much nowadays, the mystique and effort are gone. Sad. On a related note, if anyone can come up with films from the late 60s to late 80s featuring lesbian incest, please contact me. Viva la Golden Age.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments so far

Hi Jedd11: write some essays or reviews and submit them here. Everybody's got stories to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Golden Age, you bet!

I find it odd that you never mentioned old movie houses in the Bronx where you could have gone to watch. The Ascot, The Allerton, The Circle, and of course my favorites the Deluxe and the Globe are all gone now. These theaters began showing porn in the late 70's and survived up to the late 80's. These were for the most part family owned enterprises that turned to porn when the multiplexes opened and the price Hollywood films pushed out the independents. Now all that is left are memories. For my money, I found those theaters not as coarse as the ones on 42Street. They were non threatening neighborhood theaters.The woman selling tickets at the Deluxe came to recognize me and was down right friendly. These theaters were located in poor neighborhoods and it wasn't all that unusual for couples and a few brave women to frequent them along with men.( It might have something to do with socioeconomics.) And this was what, I enjoyed best about going to such theaters. I would only go in the afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays, never at night.

If I was lucky and I was about 40% of the time, I could sit near or beside a woman and jerk off, knowing all the while that she was watching me as well as the big screen. On a few occasions I got a hand job. I distinctly remember a chubby Latina who jerked me and another guy off at the same time. On a few occasions I got sucked off , once by a Dominica woman who spit t my cum on the floor and then rushed out of the theater without so much as a word. Sadly this happened only once. I frequented these theaters often but never once witnessed anyone getting fucked, at least during the day. I guess there were some community standards at least in the day time. Like you I can remember many scenes from those films but what I liked best was that I was able to anonymously. expose myself and jerk off for the edification of a few women brave enough to a theater to watch porn back then. . It was fun to read your story and reminisced about those experiences a lot. Oh for the good d#ays.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainalmost 6 years agoAuthor
I remember those theaters

I guess after my lukewarm experience with The Devil in Miss Jones I wasn't interested in seeing more porn in a theater setting so I wasn't in those places during their last incarnations.

The Globe is now a supermarket. I saw The French Connection there when it was a regular theater. It was far too small to ever become a duplex. The market preserved the marquee to advertise its name and the main part of the store has the form of the auditorium with a twenty-five foot or so ceiling.

The Allerton building is also still there and is now all retail. There is little to indicate that it was a theater and few in the neighborhood know it ever existed.

I must be some kind of romantic because if I ever did get a handjob in a theater I'd have wanted to take her out later for coffee and a chat. Maybe I'm missing the point of going there in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Touche

I guess I'm not much of a romantic. I didn't frequent X-rated theaters to reflect on sexual mores or to meet women. My motivation was simple, I was horny and really MSteenjoyed masturbating while watching porn. More importantly, however, the possibility of doing so, while sitting along side an anonymous woman who was perhaps as horny as me, was an incredible turn on for me. It was all, of course, entirely prurient and I'm not really proud of my eighteen year old self back then. Nevertheless, I must admit that frequenting porn theaters in the Bronx back then is what I miss most about the Golden Age of Porn.

catamitecatamiteover 3 years ago

Once more I am very much appreciating the historical context of these tales as well as an introduction to the Bronx and NYC especially for us outsiders. Oh and yes the erotica helps.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 3 years agoAuthor
catamite: Thanks for your comment

As you can probably tell, I didn't find The Devil in Miss Jones to be that erotic when viewed in its entirety. Notice that many online porn tubes now cut the clips down to about ten or fiteen minutes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
179 Followers
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...