Viper Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally coming back to her senses, Laila searched the room for clues, evidence, anything that could help her with the murder cases. She searched around the table, around the bed, and then went over the shelf with the bottles of aphrodisiacs on it. There were all kinds of bottles with weird names and shapes on them. She figured they each had different effects, effects she was okay with avoiding for the time being.

Eventually she found her way back to the bed area, where she realized she'd forgotten to check the cabinets beside the bed. To her surprise, they were actually unlocked, and she was able to open them without cracking a code or anything. Maybe it was because this was such a private space already, so Lance didn't feel the need to lock them. Or maybe it was a mistake. Either way, she proceeded carefully, taking her hand and slowly pulling the handle on each drawer. The first one was empty, the second one only had some spare clothes in it, and the third one had another bottle of something clear in it. Man, this guy must really like all these wild drinks, she thought.

The last drawer opened, and there she found was she was looking for. Or, at least she hoped.

***

"You sure your girl's coming back? It's been a minute, maybe she fell asleep or something."

"I don't know. And stop calling her my girl. She's another girl at another club. That's it."

"Sure, buddy. Whatever you say."

Tristan was still stationed at the bar, talking to Shelley and still drinking. He had a better tolerance than most, but was still starting to feel a buzz and was growing impatient.

"Either way, I'm not waiting around anymore to find out. Pass me another drink, then I'll pay you and head out of here."

"So, you're just going to leave her? Shame on you, Tristan. Who taught you manners?" She replied sarcastically while wagging her finger.

"Everybody in this city, that's why I'm fucked as far as etiquette goes. What about you, got anything going on tonight?"

"Actually, I do, got somebody to meet after my shift is done. He's not too far from here though."

"Well, well, look at you. I gotta say I'm surprised."

"What can I say? It's my good service to all the men out there. Got to give back to your community."

"Well, have fun, here's the money. Keep the change. I'll see you around." Tristan said as he slid the money in front of him and started to leave the bar.

"Hold on there, sailor. Looks like you won't be leaving the dock alone." Shelley replied, gesturing towards the staircase in the back.

Tristan looked over and, even through the sea of people, saw the familiar red leather jacket and two braids attempting to slide through the crowd and get back to the bar. He and Shelley exchanged inquisitive looks as Laila walked over to them. Now that she was close, he was able to see her curves and how plump her thighs and ass looked in that ass again. His dick twitched at the sight, and he felt that need for release building again. He would need to find some action later.

"Ah, the queen finally arrives from her quarters. Had a good nap?" Tristan joked.

"I tried, unfortunately the music was too loud so I couldn't sleep." Laila quipped.

"Music? I don't hear anything." Tristan replied, despite having to project his voice and listen harder.

"Very funny. Had fun while I was gone?"

"Oh plenty. With this bundle of joy right here, I was in a constant state of bliss. You're ruining it really." Tristan said as he gestured towards Shelley, who was packing up and getting her replacement ready for her shift.

"Well I'm so sorry to hear that. But hey, don't let me stop you. You're welcomed to stay. I think I'm going to go ahead and call it a night."

"You sure?"

"Yea, I got everything I came for. Great conversation, great atmosphere, even better drinks. You really can make them, Shelley, thanks." Laila said while thinking about the two flash drives laying in her jacket pocket.

"Sure thing." Shelley replied blandly.

"Actually, I was just about to leave too."

"Oh, okay then. Well thanks for everything, see ya." Laila said to Shelley, to which she replied with a simple wave. Tristan gestured the same thing, and then they both exited the club.

"Leaving so soon? You and I haven't even had a chance to reacquaint ourselves?" Sam belligerently said to Laila as she and Tristan walked past them.

"Oooo, maybe next time? I'm sure this won't be the last time you'll see me." Laila replied.

"I certainly hope not." Sam said while shaking his head at the view of her ass walking by her.

"Like I said Sam, there's a whole world to explore out there. And she doesn't want you, man." Tristan said.

"Sure, sure, whatever."

"See you guys." Laila said as she headed towards her car.

"Alright Sam, new guy. Wait, new guy, what's your name?" Tristan asked to the short haired bouncer.

"Oh, my name's-

"Don't worry about everyone's name, you don't have to know every single person in this town."

"Well, whatever, see you around. Or not."

Tristan and Laila walked over to Laila's car, and Laila hopped in the driver's seat. Tristan waited outside, since she said she had to call someone really quick. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but it sounded more like a one-way message, rather than a conversation where Laila listened. He heard her mentioned someone named Jessie before putting the phone down.

"Everything alright?"

"Yea, I'm good. I'm surprised you showed up tonight."

"Well, I couldn't have you out here on your own with all these colorful personalities. Imagine what might have happened if I didn't show up."

"Yea, I would've kicked that guy in the gut, that's what." Laila quipped, wondering if she would actually do that.

"See, so you're welcome."

"But seriously, thanks. You made this visit a little easier. And thanks for not being too creepy."

"Of course, although I'm still confused as to how this helps with your little crusade."

"Oh, don't worry, just let me handle that. You gonna stick around here?"

"Nah, I got other things to do. I guess I'll see you around."

"I know where to find you. See you later." Laila replied as she closed the car door.

Tristan walked off into the autumn cold of the night, wondering himself what was going on with this case of hers. She was clearly keeping him in the dark about something important she'd discovered in her conversation with Lance. But he wasn't too sure if it was his right to know.

Laila, meanwhile, left Jinx with a mixture of feelings and thoughts. The effects of the Viper's Lust, and the trip it'd took her on still baffled her. At the very least, that experience had dulled any type of sensation from the bite mark, which would allow her to think more clearly. She'd need that laser focus, as she had just recovered not one, but two flash drives from Lance's office. She had no idea what was on them, but figured it might give her the edge she needed to get closer to the root of these murders and this scheme.

On a different note, Laila wondered where Jessie was, since she wasn't answering her phone or messages. She hadn't been able to get in touch with her all night, but remembered that she had a date with that guy Derrick and was probably sleeping now. She figured she would try and call her again tomorrow. Jessie had a contact that was tech savvy and good with hacking, and if her hunch proved to be true, she would probably need that expertise to get into those flash drives. As she drove off, however, she was satisfied that she had them, and inched closer to solving the case.