Virgin Writer Ch. 01

Story Info
A new writer meets her mentor.
1.1k words
3.35
7.3k
7

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/20/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking out from the train carriage window the incessant drizzle spattering against the glass as the field's race by. Excited by at last meeting the person who inspired pen to paper and assisted and nurture a fledgling virgin writer. Apprehensive about the meeting now. It seemed when first suggested such a good idea. Butterflies jumping like spring lambs in the pit of the stomach.

Pulling out the phone and flicking to the text,

"See you Wednesday at 3.00 pm at the Artisan café at 157 Above Bar Street, Guildhall Square."

Slowly tracing the words with a finger feeling a tingle of excitement.

The lush countryside turns to suburban housing then more tightly packed housing as the train slows pulling into Southampton Central.

The guard announces over the speaker,

"The next stop is Southampton Central, please take all your possessions with you."

A general melee begins as people get ready to leave. Glancing down at the phone, 2.00 pm, thinking,

'Got here in time now to find it.'

Slipping on the old weather-beaten green Mack and joining the queue to leave the train. Walking out of the station checking the phone for directions feeling the excitement building. Firstly, left towards the Western Esplanade, then left over the footbridge. Pulling up the hood against the relentless rainfall. The crowds scurrying knowing exactly where to go. Right, on to Blechnyden Terrace and onto West Park Road thinking,

'The Guildhall should be phew yes on the left, not far off.'

Time: 2.30 PM, heart racing as D-day approaches.

The phone rings, as a text arrives,

"Have you got to here yet? I will be there on time."

Smiling texting back,

"Just arrived, dam this bloody wet weather. I thought it is was always nice down south."

Turning right onto West Marland Place spotting the stairway leading up to the Café. Looking at them feel pensive, thinking

'I have to do this.'

Ping "You should be used to soggy weather :P, see you soon B."

Heart thumping now feeling such a mixture of excitement and dread. Taking off the Mack in the hallway and shaking off the water. Trembling, it is because of the swiftly approaching encounter or just cold, thinking,

'Feels like a job interview.'

Walking slowly up the stairs peering around the open-plan café. A scattering of older ladies enjoying an afternoon natter. Relieved not to see anyone younger waiting. A young waitress stands at the reception desk.

"Take a seat, someone will pop along and take you to order," she explains.

Wandering over to a corner chair and slumping down. The menu provoking a smile, "Let us Know your Thoughts".

'God my thoughts, I could write a book about them,' thinking.

Pulling out the phone, 3.00 PM, inhaling deeply heart fluttering.

The waitress arrives and smiles sweetly.

"What would you like?" She politely asks.

Thinking,

'A bloody stiff brandy would do, now but let me be sensible.'

Drawing a deep breath.

"A cappuccino please."

"Anything to eat," she inquired.

"No that's all for now thanks."

Watching the stairs carefully. The top of a head appears auburn hair in a ponytail bobbing brightly. Black-rimmed glasses framing a chubby face, bright blue eyes look around the room. The black Regatta Laine jacket dripping wet unzipped revealing faded blue jeans and block striped hoody in pink white and grey. The young woman stops scanning the room carefully a frown appearing on her brow. Pulling out her phone she taps a message,

"Where are you?"

Ping goes the phone, almost cause me to drop my cup. Blushing brightly feeling everyone is looking. The girl looks across the room quizzically, tilting her. Smiling weakly, raising my hand. She looks surprised and confused. Walking swiftly towards the table.

Feeling all my 56 years my green eyes, greying hair cut into a bob framing ruddy round cheeks with no makeup. Wearing a white broderie puff-sleeved Peplum blouse, khaki wrapped midi skirt and tan Suedette pointed block heel boots.

"Peter?" The young girl asks.

"Yes, in another life Rebecca I am so sorry for the deceit,"

Eye misting as I look down at the table then back up wondering my stomach churning wondering,

'Will she leave I have betrayed a trust for so long.'

A huge smile breaks out across her chubby cheeks.

'Good lord no, don't apologize."

A tear trickles down my cheek overcome by the joy a thundering in my chest. Sitting down quickly Rebecca reaching out her hands.

"Why are you crying?"

"Pure joy," sniffles.

Touching her fingertips lightly feeling a warm love so tender seep into my body.

Rebecca pulls out a crumpled Kleenex dab my cheek softly.

"Don't worry it is boogie feel," she giggles.

"You are more the person I could ever be Rebecca, thank you, "smiling brightly.

"You came, I thought you would let me down. I am so happy to meet you, and call me Becky," bubbles Becky.

"I could not let you down."

Squeezing her hands tight. The grey eyes welling with more tears.

"Don't start bubbling again or I will join you," Becky grinning mischievously and rolling her eyes.

"Oh god, I must seem a right mess."

"I thought that was the weather and journey. Do I have to get my coffee?" Becky says frowning.

"No bloody way," I say abruptly.

"That's more of the spirit," Becky giggling again.

I signal to the waitress who smiles and advances to the table.

"What would you like to drink?"

"Well, it's Wednesday so hot chocolate with marsh mellow bits," my naughty secret Giggling more.

I burst out laughing aloud. Becky looks shocked blushing bright red. The Waitress looking confused.

"Sorry ..Sorry, one of many naughty secrets," a gleam in my eye.

"Jane I am a respectable girl I'll have you know," Becky breaking out into titters.

We both giggling like schoolgirls bring disapproving looks from the afternoon old biddies.

"Where are you staying, you can't be traveling home today?" Becky enquires.

"I haven't booked anywhere yet but there should be plenty of vacancies, I guess."

"I'll be dammed if you stay anywhere but back at my place, and that is an order," Rebecca says sternly.

"Oh, I couldn't you have given so much already."

"I will not accept no as an answer," Becky says with a withering look.

Playfully pretending to slap her hand across both my cheeks. Dropping her hand on my finger softly stroking the back of my hand. A warm tingle rippling through my body.

"I will make sure you are well looked after," whispers deviously.

My jaw drops and eyes wide open as my nipples harden. My cheeks flushing scarlet.

"Becky you are so naughty," grins.

Looking longingly into those bright blue eyes what delight awaits me .....