All Comments on 'Waiting, Just Waiting'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
theGorrilla001theGorrilla001about 7 years ago
Don't let the hater sget you down

I'd like to say I can't believe people send you hate emails about your stories, but that would be a lie. You are one or the better writers on here with interesting and original stories. If the haters keep writing you hateful emails you just tell them to suck it. Keep soldiering on.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Good

A good read, with an interesting view of life.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

You pretty much nailed the life of an out of control addict, Nice story

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
When the man comes around

"Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still

Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still

Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still

Listen to the words long written down

When the man comes around

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts

And I looked, and behold a pale horse

And his name that sat on him was death

, and hell followed with him"

- Johnny Cash

Decent story . I'm sorry, but not surprised it shook out so badly for Becky and her paramour. But that's addicts for you. Always trying to game the system for a temporary high and feckless to the consequences to themselves and those in their vicinity. The best part of story ?

Becky was not a mother No kids. Whew !

I thank the author for sharing . Sorry to hear about the malignant emails.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
WAITING SOMETIMES MAKES IT SO

and with a little help it gets better, TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
No Follow-up Needed

Unless you're a tease it's pretty obvious they're going to end up happy, maybe not with each other, but hopefully so!

Sidney43Sidney43about 7 years ago

Another little gem from some hard to find part of Louisiana. The thing that makes your stories interesting is the characters and you have a keen eye for them. Makes me think maybe you work as a probation officer, or sumthin like that, maybe in the court system, or a police department. Some job where you see the underbelly of society, although that is all around us if we pay attention. I will vote for reading about these two a bit more, if you find the time and are so inclined that is.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Gritty But Hopeful Story

A well-told little tale of the drug culture and it's all too sad consequences. I find myself hopeful that Bronson has turned the corner on his addiction; his employer seems to think enough of him to promote him to a position of significant responsibility, so the signs are very positive. I'm also rooting for Morgan, of course, and wish them both a good life together.

Thanks for sharing!

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 7 years ago
In some ways this one was almost hunorous

I loved the running out of gas part. Karma is a bitch. And the good folks win. Five stars on a s Saturday morning!

nitrotroutnitrotroutabout 7 years ago
Good read

Keep writing. I love the backhand humor and a good laugh is good medicine.

jezzazjezzazabout 7 years ago
Dude.....

So sorry you are getting such negative emails. That sucks.

All I can say is that a lot of us out here love your style. Please, keep at it. It's such an awesome flow of consciousness type of writing - the diametric opposite of how I write, it's all the more refreshing because of it.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Very Pleasant Entertainment

You are one of the most human writers around. When I read your work I feel like I was sipping Gentleman Jack...

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 7 years ago
Life in the gutter

Great shit. I like how a few of your characters actually escape the gutter.

One note: "Demarcus" is actually spelled "DuhMarcus" as in "duh, I a fuckin' moron".

2cats2catsabout 7 years ago
Really ?

I am puzzled at this story, it is not up to your usual standards. The description about various step programs and what happens in meetings was inaccurate and incorrect.

I stopped reading on page 2, perhaps the story improved later.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Love your style

Great to see a JB44.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
Real Life NA Meeting

I intend to finish this story but after reading only the first chapter I have to comment. This reads exactly like a real NA group, the people, their habits, complaints, bitches and groans, everything about this first chapter is so real. I mostly go to AA meetings these days because my drug of choice is alcohol, but I am familiar with NA meetings as well. In my neighborhood NA meeting go for an hour and a half because the readings that start the meetings are more and longer starting with "Who Is An Addict?"

I know all of these people too, I have heard their sharing at meetings and their bossing around before and after meetings. My lady friend and I went to an AA meeting earlier today but we met at a Sunday night NA meeting we both attended for years. We both decided to move on from that Sunday NA meeting after the personalities problems got to be more than we wanted to deal with.

I do not know where the story is headed but will read with an open mind. The general twelve step background does provide a realistic possibility to hold a storyline together. I will say this much as preaching effort; if you as reader think you may have a problem with drinking or drugs do find a twelve step meeting, either AA or NA, in your area. They do help.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
Good story in a . ..

. . . stuff happens sort of way. I think Frank Sinatra had a song that fits - That's life, that's what all the people say - Ridin' high in April - Sot down in May.

Pretty good story Jim Bob. Love your pen name, sounds like a good old boy from Texas. Yeee Hawwwwwww!

dinkymacdinkymacabout 7 years ago
Thanks!

Great story - thanks for sharing.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 7 years ago
An interesting story

And yes, addicts do some incredibly dumb stuff.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 7 years ago
Clipped Sense of Humor

Makes for a quick read. Subtle skill with word economy. Rare gift. Enjoyed.

Beau_GesteBeau_Gesteabout 7 years ago
Thanks

I read every story you post. You have a great sense for writing in this genre and I enjoy reading your work immensely. I am always baffled by those who write mean and or threatening comments. It is totally uncalled for. If you don't like a piece and can offer no constructive criticism, stop reading it and move on to something more your taste. I sincerely hope that these thugs, most likely annomious, will not disuade your from sharing more of your talent with the rest of us. So I say thank you for sharing and I look forward to your next contribution.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Hmmm...

Nice little tale. Just shows what drugs can do to you. Don't do drugs. Don't cheat, either.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 7 years ago
Sad story

I did like the ending. 4****

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 7 years ago
Good story well written

Good story! I found it well written and entertaining. Sad but close to true life. Sorry you have gotten so much grief from other readers. I can only assume they have never written anything beyond there bad comments and the bathroom wall - both stink and not worth time to read unless adding your own stink in the bathroom. I can only say I have enjoyed your story (stories) and found them worth my time to read. So as I paraphrased from a writer on this site - please keep writing and I will keep reading.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 7 years ago
I'm a fan!

Surly you studied under Elmore Leonard! Such dialog and characters. Never met folks like that, but you make them come alive.

Chilley

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 7 years ago
Well..

That was a fun read! Nicely paced and very good dialogue. Shot you 5*s. Why not? It doesn't cost me anything.

I know what you mean about emails. World is filled with some hateful people. I just got an email from some Brit who was p.oed at me for saying I thought his story was terribly British and very bland and I finished it as a courtesy to the writer but refused to vote on it. He told me to go shoot Polar bears....? I guess he's still butthurt over "Treason Day"! :)

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 7 years ago
Drugs

Don't do drugs. Drugs are bad. 5*

Vegasrails2Vegasrails2over 6 years ago
Waiting

Sorry you can't read emails, as stated previously I like and enjoy your work Enjoyed this story did you do some research on NA or wee you involved in it? I know personal question. I went through first three steps of AA and dropped out but haven't had a drink since its been 33 years. Addiction a bitch you have to want it one way or the other. But off on a tangent, another good story thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Am A Fan

I guess being from Louisiana, little things make me smile, such as last names that remind me of people I know. And town names that are close but not exactly like the real ones. Makes me wonder if you meant Kinder, Kenner, Bunkie. Bits and pieces of the story were quite personal. There is a quote..."What is most personal is most public." What that means is that details of your life are often shared by others. I found elements of my life scattered in your story. I hope that you will continue this story. But if you choose to not do so, I promise I won't threaten you. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Who would send hate mail to the author of this story?

This was a sensitive story about the effect of the hard drug trade in the USA. Anyone who hated this story must be a hard drug user! I have met many middle class Americans on my travels there. Almost everyone of them had a nice disposition and it did really matter what their race was. I have no problem associating with anyone who are honest working people. So I guess the type of Americans who would hate this story must be the types that I have not associated with such as gang members, Nazis, NRA types and of course any staunch republican who worships the 2016 elected establishment! We in the rest of this world can not understand how you could have vote this idiot into office! Just read his tweets, he is definitely not playing with a full deck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Who would send hate mail to the author of this story?

Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of hateful people on this site. Kinda like the world at large... Cops shooting unarmed people in the back. People calling the cops on kids mowing laws and selling lemonade or water; or for trying to swim at the swimming pool. People insulting Senators dying from cancer. No civility in this world any more.

extemporeextemporeover 5 years ago
Sad, sweet and funny. Then sad again

A BAD effort by JB44 is better than 90% of the stories on this site. This one was good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Wonder

I wonder if the anonymous that post so many hateful and hurtful things are nothing more than jealous writers that wish they had one hundredth of JB44 talent....JB you keep writing and I will keep reading and enjoying. A sincerest Thank You for sharing these works with us grateful readers.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
great story 5*

wished it was longer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good and bad

Seems when your in a bad place your just waiting, just waiting. You don't have much control in your life and when you do, half the time you're stepping in dog shit. Glad he had some great friends, a good job with a sunny future. Much like real life, i found it balanced well, 5 stars.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 4 years ago
Very human story!

Well done.

You use, you lose. Some do, some don't, I'm glad he had good sens.

5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
16 years here

A fine story and a very real one. Here's to all those who weren't able to stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Realistic

In some ways this story was too real to be fiction. The characters, conversations, and events were very real. It was a sad story and enjoyable read. 5*

steppinontoessteppinontoesover 3 years ago
Almost too real life

Personally know the story, only she left two small children behind. Can’t say enough about family and true friends for support. This story has been played out in countless homes for many years. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sad Truths

Wonderful story concerning the sad truths of addiction. Thanks for sharing. Hope that Bronson and Morgan finally get together and have a nice happy future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Meh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As the previous comment said

Meh.

You marry a junkie whore, you get..... Exactly that. Why was he surprised?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Good one - on to the next JB!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you for leaving the ending up to us.

I would like to think he found his one true love and they lived happily ever after having a dozen kids.

I guess I am a romantic at heart. The evil drug addicted whore and her pimp ended life the way they should. Riddled with bullets and dead. Hope her death was slower than Demarcus's, so she can contemplate on where she went wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One star because burning coal is disgusting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LoL

He deserved everything she did to him .

That's what happens when you knowingly hook up with a mudshark .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Thank you!

Two souls starting fresh. Not a writer, but ending says "All is well."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful writing, but such a sad story. I feel bad for Becky, not strong enough to fight her demons and she paid the price.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A lot of people think that stories in the LW category have to be either BTB or cuckold. Stories like this one don't actually fir into either category so I tend to think of them as "Escape" stories where one spouse ends up escaping from a bad relationship through no fault of their own.

This is another 5-star tale.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Dialogue worthy of James Lee Burke or Elmore Leonard, both masters of the written/spoken word! 5/5!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anon wrote: 'One star because burning coal is disgusting'

-

What an amazingly dumb, stupid and ignorant reason to down-vote a story. The writer was not CONDONING it, fool, if anything just the oppo. Chucklefu*ks like you give the good named of Anonymous a bad rap!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very sad. Two different paths for those fighting addiction. Hope Morgan and Bronson make it together.

OilcanjonOilcanjonabout 1 year ago

I Iike your stories. They are well crafted and give a perspective into another culture. And chubby girls need love, too.

jmmj5jmmj512 months ago

Man, I enjoyed that.

Parts of it were depressing, but life is like that at times. I'm a sucker for a happy ending, though...or in this case, a hopeful one. Keep on writing 'em, JimBob.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

Well written, but a little too raw for my taste.

brn2vdobrn2vdo6 months ago

Pretty darn good 👍

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sad story but looking like a happy future. Drug addiction can be a killer for sure, Well written, I actually feel bad for the poor wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5086 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories