Walked Away?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He knew the 'here' was in fact 'her' and he was resigned to that. That was the simple idea of keeping the apartment; should Yvonne turn up there would be someone who could redirect her 'home'.

"Okay I guess, cannot let the grass grow beneath our feet and better to move now than when you are halfway through high school," he knew it was deflection, half of him was petrified Yvonne would turn up and they would have vanished. But he now had that under control a few years ago he would have refused, little steps his new mantra.

The removalists had gone, their car was packed. A weeks' worth of clothing in the boot and picnic hamper on the back seat, along with several fluffy 'toys' who simply could not be jammed into a dark box in a dark truck heading west. He had brought the car up onto the street in front so Miriam and her partner could drive down and unload their belongings directly into the lift.

Frank was trying to make sense of the sensation he was feeling, the hollowness that was with him the first two years following Yvonne's disappearance was back, not as strong but strong enough, he looked around, the familiar shops and buildings, recognizing the regular inhabitants and workers of the street and shops. The changes from when they had bought were many and bright, the street unrecognizable really, all about him had changed, time to accept it, not like it, just accept it.

He felt his daughters small hand slip into his, the tiny reassuring squeeze.

"Dad, time to go, everything will work out just fine, you'll see....."

Fin.

12