The Same Old Story - End 01

Story Info
It wasn't what it seemed or was it?
17.1k words
3.89
60.3k
57

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/21/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was working through another story, my final one, I told myself but boxed myself in. I will complete it when I unbox myself.

Amongst the Loving Wives section, there has been a common theme of a husband discovering his wife about to head out on a date and the effect it has on him, them. So many comments had very different outcomes than the stories themselves. This idea came to mind closely followed by four alternative endings.

So, the beginning in each will be the same but the outcome completely different. They will be posted together. The characters, some events, the essence of some dialogues are repeated but only to highlight how the same set of circumstances led to different conclusions. There are also references to events contained in other versions. The more observant may have noticed there are now five. As I reached towards the end of the third, I realised that there was one option, I hadn't included. It was the one I hoped would have happened in real life. There are sex scenes, not wrist busters but rather than repeat those, I have tried to change them.

If you have read another version and want to skip the beginning, scroll to "She stammered, "It's not what it seems!"

I had concluded a business meeting and was heading back to my office. As I sat in the seemingly endless traffic, I thought, "Why go back?" At this rate it would take at least an hour and a bit to get there. At the most, I'd get 20-30 minutes of work before struggling home. If I turned to home now, I could be home in 20 minutes. Logic won. I went home.

Now, as it was Friday, I never had any thought that my wife would be at home. At least at the time I normally arrived home, just after 6.30pm, she never was. For almost four months she had been going on "Girls' Nights Out" with colleagues from her work. I wasn't happy as we had our date nights either on a Friday or Saturday. In fact, we have never had any date nights since she started going out. Like all couples, we have our arguments but recently, it seemed like that was all we were doing.

I'm Andrew or Andy to my small group of friends. I'm not really an outgoing person, quite introverted in many ways. I do have a good sense of humour and when I know someone, I do let it out. I'm fairly average in looks, height and body. My hair is receding already. I joke I traded that for a larger penis, about 8 inches and fairly thick. It's probably my only stand out feature!

I do work out as it helps me deal with the stress of my job. I'm fairly easy going and willing to help anyone. I do a lot of the jobs around the house including the laundry, ironing and shopping, as required, to ease the burden on my wife, Katrina or Kat. She works in a private firm contracted to the government as an administrative assistant.

Kat is beautiful though she doesn't believe she is and dresses down, very demurely. My friends couldn't believe I managed to get her to have a date with me, let alone have her end up marrying me. She's about 5'6" with long hazel hair which comes to the middle of her back. Her green eyes show a love for life. Her mouth is just perfect for kissing. She had a body which inspires wet dreams. I love her large breasts, 38DD with nipples which could knock your eye out as they become so long when she is aroused. Her pussy tastes better than any honey, whisky or anything else you might love. If I'd had sticky out ears when I met her, I wouldn't have any now as she squeezes her thighs so tightly around my head as she cums. As we have a very active sex life, even if fairly tame, that used to be very often.

Sex lately has been missing. Looking back, probably around when the girls' nights out started. I definitely should have noticed but I never thought anything like this would happen. I was blind to what was obviously going on.

It was just before 4pm when I drew up at our apartment block. I headed in to our third floor, one bedroom flat. As I entered, I heard the shower so knew it was a waste of time shouting for her. I dropped my briefcase and headed to the bedroom.

When I entered, I took a double take. Hanging on the outside of her wardrobe was a very slinky little black dress. The low V front promised onlookers a view of heaven. The length meant a lot and I mean a lot of thigh would be on display. If that was bad, what was on the bed was even worse. There was a sheer black bra, matching suspender belt, a sheer thong and stockings. I had never seen those items nor the three-inch heels laid out by the bed.

For most of the time I'd known Kat, her underwear was functional, barely sexy in any way. I couldn't recall her wearing heels more than an inch high. When I had suggested anything like those items, I was told I was a misogynist, sexist pig.

I was struggling to breathe. My mind was rushing about, trying to find any reason this wasn't what it appeared to be. I dismissed the thought that this was for me quickly. I slumped onto the bed.

If that was bad, when Kat came out of the shower it only got worse. Her face upon seeing me there told me all I needed to know. She was shocked, confused, embarrassed, alarmed and bloody nervous.

As I took that in, my mind registered that her pubic hair was missing. When I had suggested that, I was called a paedophile!

She stammered, "It's not what it seems!"

I felt the tears running down my face. I never knew the true meaning of the word, devastated, until then. In fact, that doesn't scratch the surface to what I was feeling. Six years of my life just disappeared in the time from me entering the bedroom to her coming out of that shower. Our fourth anniversary was in seven weeks for fuck's sake!

"Andy, it's not what it seems. I love you. I can't tell you just now but I will. I haven't fucked anyone," she was shouting trying to get my attention.

I was numb. I had almost shut down. I looked at her and asked quietly, "Why?"

I broke down then, I was crying my heart out. I left the bedroom and went to the living room and sat in my chair. I couldn't focus my thoughts. Everything I thought I knew had just blown up in my face. I don't recall Kat checking on me. My eyes were focussed on the fireplace but I wasn't in that room. My mind was running over those last six years. The only thought which came was this was payback for having the temerity to have someone so far out of my league.

It was after 7pm when my brother James came in. He sounded very concerned. "Andy, what's up? Kat called and said you needed me. She wouldn't say why. She sounded very upset. I came as soon as I could."

James came round in front of me and I heard the anguish in his voice. It seemed to rouse my brain.

"Christ, I've never seen you like this. What's wrong? Where's Kat?"

I started crying again and James held me for what seemed like ages. Between the sobbing, I told him how I had found Kat.

James was stunned, "Fucking hell! I'd never have thought that of her. What's she up to? She'll never get anyone like you again."

James's presence seemed to galvanise me. "I need to pack. I can't stay here. I'll find a hotel room and look for a flat tomorrow."

James was resolute, "No, we'll pack but you're coming home with me. You need someone with you so you don't do anything stupid."

James wouldn't take no for an answer. I packed my belongings which only took a couple of suitcases and a few bin bags. I looked around for the last time. All I felt was empty and extremely tired.

When we went into James's home, his wife Stella came over and hugged me. James must have called her.

Stella was very concerned, "The bedroom's ready. Have you eaten?"

I shook my head, "I'm not hungry. I can't settle. I never saw this coming. I must be the most stupid person on the planet. She's been going out for weeks. Why didn't I realise?"

James had made me a coffee, "I know you want to get drunk but that won't help. You need your wits about you."

We spent the evening talking about everything and nothing. None of us had had a clue of what was going on.

Stella stopped me when I said I would see a solicitor to start the divorce. "Andy, it doesn't happen overnight. Take your time, learn what has happened and take it from there. A good solicitor will tell you the tortoise wins over the hare as they take the time to know as much as possible. Knowledge is power. In your job, you do the same thing, utilise your skills."

I went to bed and sleep claimed me mercifully quickly but not before I shed more tears. The next morning James woke me with a cup of coffee. I showered and headed down for breakfast. Well, I ate a couple of bites of toast.

After breakfast, I checked our bank and credit card records. I didn't know to be pleased or angry there were no unusual transactions, hotels, restaurants I had not been at with her. My mind went, she goes to his home, probably takes a change of clothes with her. She must be so comfortable with him to do that. Should I have checked her clothing to see what was missing, what she had there?

I was always asleep when she came home so I didn't know what time that was. I certainly never saw any clothes like she was about to wear.

James and Stella spoke with me, "Had you heard from Kat?"

I shook my head, "I turned my phone off. I haven't switched it on. I don't know what's worse, she calls or texts or doesn't. I need to clear my head before I speak with her.

"I can't and won't stay married to an adulteress."

Stella, who was a good friend with Kat asked, "She told you it wasn't what it seemed. Are you going to give her a chance to prove that?"

I laughed, "How much of a fool does everyone think I am? She was dressed to fuck. Something she has never done for me. She could have said, "this is for you," stayed with me and fucked my brains out. Instead, she called James and left me. I never knew she'd left. My mind was in a different universe. If she was worried about me, she could have stayed till James arrived at least. Actions speak louder than words.

"The fact I caught her is the only thing she didn't plan for. If the traffic hadn't been so bad, I still wouldn't have known. She'd have carried on until she was ready to leave me.

"If she wanted out of our marriage, she only needed to ask. I wouldn't have kept her against her will. Fuck, it was only a few months ago she was talking about having children. Who's?"

"Am I so bad a catch? I tried to do everything to let her know how much I loved her. It was her who stopped our date nights, our sex life. I admit I had been pressuring her to consider being a bit more open to experiment with new ideas."

I added angrily, "If she says she's pregnant to delay the divorce, I'll demand a DNA test before I pay one penny."

James said brusquely, "Come on, let's go for a run. You need to clear your head you said. All you have are questions and Kat is the only one who can answer them but first you need to organise them."

We ran for an hour and a half. We ran faster than my normal so I was truly knackered. It hadn't helped me order my thoughts. James was hardly breathing hard but he's always been more athletic than me.

When we came in Stella's face showed she was angry. "Andy, Kat called as she cannot get a hold of you. She wants to speak with you to explain. I told her you were safe but not in any fit state to speak just now. You were devastated at what she'd done.

"She said it wasn't what it seemed. She hadn't had an affair. She needs to explain it to you.

"I had a go at her, how could she but she kept denying everything.

"When I said you were adamant that you can't and won't stay married to an adulteress she broke down. All she would say was she hadn't had an affair.

"I was so concerned about her I called her mum. I told her everything and she was heading over to help Kat.

"How can she deny it? Even as a friend, I see her choice of clothing as a giveaway. She's never dressed like that around us. Even at the beach, her one piece is so conservative. I hope the bastard is worth the pain she and you are going through. Maybe, if we're lucky, he'll get hit by a bus!

"You two shower and I'll make lunch. This time you will eat," she said as she looked at me.

The afternoon went slowly. I checked the divorce laws and saw I wouldn't be much worse off if anything. We rented, didn't have much in the way of savings or other assets. I would need the name of her boyfriend for adultery which could take four or so months or without it, irretrievable breakdown takes a year.

I will never trust another woman.

James tried to interest me on the sport on the television but I couldn't summon the desire to have any interest. Normally we would have joked and laughed through such an afternoon. Stella seldom allowed us to do this so it showed how much she was concerned about me.

Stella threw my jacket at me and told me I was taking her for a walk. That was her exercise. She's a Depute Procurator Fiscal so she soon had all and I mean all what had happened out of me. Not only last night but the weeks beforehand.

She floored me when she asked, "What was the worst part in your mind?"

I tried to say, "The lot," but she wouldn't let me away with that.

I looked at her as we stopped by a bench. "Everything just seemed to pile on top. I wasn't happy about the girls' nights out as I saw her being evasive. I couldn't voice my suspicions as if she confirmed them, we were done. I was so sad we'd come to that. I didn't want to face the truth.

"I didn't think anything when I heard the shower. It was her night out. I felt like I was knifed when I saw that little black dress, what it would reveal. When I saw the lingerie on the bed, my heart about broke. I could feel the throbbing in my brain as my blood pressure soared. When she came out naked, drying herself and I saw her naked pussy, my heart was ripped out.

"She would never wear any clothing like that for me. I was a sexist pig for mentioning she could have sexier lingerie. When I suggested she shave her pussy, I was a paedophile.

"She wouldn't do anything like that for me but for him. Why did she marry me if she thought so little of me? Why?"

I started crying and Stella held me.

We returned and spent a strained evening before bed. I didn't get much sleep as my mind wouldn't settle. I spent most of it in that grey area where my mind was playing, not dreams but words. I woke up with questions and wrote them down before trying to get back to sleep. My writing's not good at the best of times but in the middle of the night; I struggled to read them in the morning.

James and I went for another run before we all headed for Sunday brunch. We'd not long returned before the doorbell went. Stella answered.

I heard, "I thought I made it clear to stay away until he felt able to speak to you. He's in tiny pieces."

A man's voice said, "I can help clear everything up. Please ask him to speak to us. Katrina has never betrayed her vows to him."

Stella closed the door and came through. "Did you hear that?" I nodded. "It's Kat and another man. I've seen him before but I don't know him. I haven't seen him with Kat."

I took a few deep breaths. "Let's get this over with. I have questions I need answered. No doubt my solicitor will want those as well."

Stella opened the door and brought them through to the kitchen. Kat looked like she hadn't slept since I caught her. She was dressed more like herself, dowdy.

James offered tea, coffee but both declined.

The man said quietly, "We have a lot to discuss."

James added angrily, "No shit, Sherlock!"

The man looked at James, at Stella and then me. I was in my place obviously.

He began, "I can't begin to comprehend what you're going through. I do know I can help you understand what has happened. It will take a little time to explain but before I begin, I need to ask James to leave. Stella can stay but I can't speak in front of James.

"James if you go outside a car will take you for a coffee and bring you back when we are finished. Don't ask Stella or Andy about what has been said. It's vital nothing of this gets out until everything is in place. Trust me, nothing will happen to either of them."

He'd noted James's anger and move to protect Stella. Stella said, "It's okay James, do as he asks."

After James reluctantly left, he began. His words were measured and delivered in a calm manner.

"What I am about to say, cannot be repeated to anyone, family, friends, colleagues. I had hoped you would never learn of this. Katrina especially so as she feared the consequences. When you arrived home early and caught her preparing for her role, you almost cost us the whole enquiry. Katrina was so distressed she had to be cajoled to continue in her role that night. There was no other option available to me.

"For your piece of mind, I can tell you Katrina never once broke her wedding vows to you. Had it been suggested she would never have agreed to our proposition, she'd have told us to fuck off. She is not an adulteress as you have alluded to Stella.

"I know of Stella as I have been in and out of her office to see the Area Fiscal regarding what I am about to tell you. I called her and she gave permission for me to tell you, given the circumstances. She has every faith in you to keep this under wraps until we have them all in court.

"I'm Detective Chief Inspector Brown from the Serious Crime Office. With my team, we've been investigating a group of businesses who have close links to several high-profile politicians who were able to send contracts to them under cover of the Covid emergency. These contracts have never been fulfilled but the money has gone straight to their offshore accounts. The politicians have received sizeable bonuses paid into their offshore accounts.

"The problem was how to break into their group. From our surveillance, we found a number of the businessmen had a serious, and we hoped, an exploitable weakness. They liked very beautiful women, preferably married, so they wouldn't run and tell after they had seduced them. They definitely stayed clear of a working girl. They could spot them easily.

"With the Area Fiscal and other Prosecuting Counsel, we devised a plan which was highly risky but would hopefully give us leverage over those businessmen. It meant we had to find some woman, beautiful, resilient and totally unknown to them so she couldn't be traced.

"Katrina works in an out of the way office so would be unknown. She is strikingly beautiful even if she doesn't believe it. When the Area Fiscal and I approached her asking her to consider being bait for the operation she asked what it entailed. We had to tell her more about the role than we wished. She declined but we kept at her as she was perfect for the role.

"She was mortified at what we were asking her to do. Even more so as we couldn't allow her to tell you. The person we wanted her to portray was so different from her, that if you found out, it would be so shocking, she knew her marriage would be seriously at risk. She wasn't prepared to do that.

"It was almost five months ago, we finally managed to persuade her. We couldn't find someone remotely close to her for the role. Even then she's been far more successful than we thought possible. She's been absolutely perfect for this role.

"For five weeks, we worked at turning her into a self-reliant hot woman. We had to overcome her low self-esteem issues which made her chose to be her dowdy self. Even when the stylists and beauticians told her she was beautiful, she struggled to believe them. When she is fully made up, she is totally stunning. It doesn't need much makeup.

"She's naturally shy which helps her to be able to project that she is not looking to play around. The fact she has never thought to do that really helps her to pull it off. This is what entices those men. An innocent they can corrupt. We chose the clothes for her and schooled her in how such a woman in that sort of company would act.