All Comments on 'Walking The Dog'

by WilliamShakespear

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 10 years ago
What a lovely story

I enjoyed it greatly. Well written, but...there always is a but isn't there. Not much humor or complications in the affair, so it was not so memorable. Nothing wrong with that, and it was realistic, me having a dog, agree it is easier to talk to people, but man and woman walking togeather is quite public. Pleasent read.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
join the world

Some of the terms are misleading and confusing due to being more of a local kind of usage. First off "boot" in reference to a auto "trunk/cargo area" indicates this, and if the author had any clue SUV's have a cargo area which is an open. Thus much is so far from reality that it becomes poor quality.

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 10 years ago
Poor 'join the world' anon...

What he really means (and generally only men are so ignorant) is: THE REST OF THE WORLD SHOULD ALL USE US 'ENGLISH' TERMINOLOGY, AND EVEN VEHICLE TYPES.

'Boot' is correct usage for the luggage area of a car in almost every English-speaking culture, except the USA. I've visited quite a few.

Few 4X4s sold in the UK have open truck-beds. Open trucks are common in the USA, Canada, and Australia in my experience, but rarer elsewhere, and certainly in much of Europe.

And thank you anon, but your wish to convert the rest of the world to US usage and conventions is doomed to die unrealised. Thank god for cultural diversity; most of us celebrate it, not bemoan it.

pope32767pope32767over 10 years ago
Hear, hear!

Scotsman69 is right, and I blush for the follies of my countrymen.

—an internationalist in New York City

WilliamShakespearWilliamShakespearover 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Can i just add my thanks to the support and understanding. This site is international.The authors are international. We don't all originate in the US of A. Isn't that what we all enjoy about this site?

Anyway, it is all about enjoying the stories, the eroticism and similar. If we , as authors, make errors in grammar or what ever, we shouldn't be slagged off. Especially by people that hide behind Anonymous posting.

But then again, thats the power of being a keyboard warrior!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Enjoyable

I enjoyed the story and thought it both sufficiently erotic and very plausible. The terminology was not in the least confusing and added to the story line. This is an excellent writer, one who takes the time to get everything correct; far better than some who offer stories for publication.

Zach_lost_in_AusZach_lost_in_Ausover 10 years ago
Well done Mr Shakespear

From the land Down Under I'm with you and Scotsman69 on the use of language. An enjoyable rendering of how real life sometimes works.

Keep writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous