Waltz Through the Corridors of Time

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I did as instructed. She mashed down hard on the sore spot with the heel of her hand, and my spine popped in half a dozen locations.

"Feel better?" she asked sitting back, "you had a vertebra out of position."

I rolled my shoulders, and flexed my back.

"That feels pretty good, but in a 'run over by a cement truck and then given a back rub' sort of way."

She continued working down my back using her elbow in places to put direct pressure on knotted muscles. When she got to my hips, she scooted back onto my thighs and rubbed my butt muscles.

"You're pretty tight down here too. Want me to work the tightness out?"

"I've been hoping you'd ask."

She grabbed the waist band on my shorts.

"Bridge and let me get these out of the way."

I bridged and she pulled my briefs off and tossed them well out of my reach if she decided to stay in the room until I dressed.

"And now I have a naked man laying across my bed for the first time in my life."

She applied lotion and massaged my butt muscles.

"That is amazing. I've never had someone massage my butt before," I murmured into the mattress.

"Since you're laying naked on my bed, maybe we should talk about any relationships you're in. I don't want to get shot by a jealous lover."

"No problem there," my muffled voice came to her via the mattress, "I've taken a break from dating."

"Why is that?"

"Women start out all lovey-dovey and then over time they reveal themselves to be not nearly as nice as they've pretended they are. A couple of those will get you wondering if dating is worth it. Then there are the toxic women."

"Toxic? You have to tell me more. Men are toxic to women, not the other way around."

"I told you I was in the Air Force, but I never told you how I got out. I was going to make the Air Force my career until the day I went to a General's house on the base. They had a leak under the kitchen sink which isn't much of a problem except that the General's daughter was home from college. I was sprawled under the sink flat on my back when the daughter came downstairs stark naked, got a pop from the refrigerator and straddled my lap."

"What did you do?"

"I did what any brainless, horny twenty-one year old would do, I drank a sip of her pop and followed her upstairs despite knowing better. Her mother caught us in bed, and the following day I found myself being processed out of the Air Force. The deal was that I would get an honorable discharge as long as I went quietly."

"What happened to her?"

"Absolutely nothing. I found out from the sergeant-major in charge of maintenance and support personnel at the base that I wasn't the first airman she had done that to. I guess she was mad at her parents and that was how she got back at them."

Vani continued to massage me.

"What other toxic relationships have you had?" she asked.

I lay quiet for a moment, maybe this was the time to bring up Amy.

"My last girlfriend was a real trip. Have you ever gotten involved with a member of the opposite sex against your better judgment? You know from the start that the relationship will crash and burn, but you're so lonely that you go ahead anyway?"

She nodded. "In high school I dated a boy who was a little too slick and too cool to be interested in me. Against my better judgment I dated him not knowing that the only reason he dated me was because he had bet his friends that he would get into my pants. He lost because I had a friend who overheard the guys talking about it."

"When I started dating this woman last fall, she was taking her meds, and everything was wonderful. Out of the blue, one day she came to my apartment screaming and throwing things because she had seen me talking with a woman after class. Every time I tried to explain she was a classmate asking about a story I was writing, she got louder and louder. Finally a neighbor called the police who came and arrested her after the police saw the scratch marks on my arms from me trying to protect myself."

"It sounds like she's crazy."

"She told me she had bipolar disorder when she apologized. She hadn't taken her meds for two weeks. I forgave her the first time, but when it happened again, I broke up with her. She looks me up to scream at me when she's in her crazy phase. I didn't leave a forwarding address when I moved here. Maybe she won't find me.

Vani slapped my naked butt, then allowed herself a bit of a caress.

"You're all done. I'll go back into the living room while you slip your briefs back on. Leave your shirt off, I'll rub aloe vera on your sun burn."

She left and closed the door. I followed a few minutes later moving slowly as my fatigue and the beer had laid a double whammy on me.

"What took you so long?" she asked.

"Well, you see there was this beautiful woman sitting on my bare butt, and there are things that happen that I have no control of."

She settled on the couch and allowed the cool air to waft across her body. I sat next to her stifling a yawn and turned away so she could rub on the aloe vera.

"You need a night stand in your bedroom," I said shivering as she spread the cool gel across my shoulders.

"One of a long list of things I need to furnish this house. Even shopping at thrift stores, it's going to take lots of money to get this place looking inhabitable," she patted my back. "turn around so I can get your front."

I shifted so she had access to my chest and stomach.

"You'll get this place looking pretty good. You have a real flair for decorating."

Vani shook her head.

"How do you know that? I've done nothing around here."

"Your room is decorated nicely."

"My bed and my dresser are in the only position they can be if I want to be able to look out my window."

"What are you working on tomorrow?" I asked.

"Will you need a person on the ground?
"It saves lots of trips up and down the ladder," I replied yawning.

"I was going to wash the walls in my bedroom. I want to paint a cheery color in there before school starts, those drab green walls will have me suicidal by November if I don't do something."

"I'd love to have you working with us tomorrow and the day after, but when it comes time to wash and paint your room, I'll help you."

"Thank you."

I let out a low moan.

"That aloe feels deliciously cold on my chest and stomach."

She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"Keep your shirt off until it dries. I've told you my life story, now what about you? Are you dating someone?" I asked as I slid to my end of the couch stifling a yawn as I did so.

Vani frowned.

"I'm unattached, and have been that way for my two years of college."

"Why? You're attractive; I would think men were throwing themselves at you."

"I vowed that I wouldn't spend any time with men my freshman year, I devoted all my time to academics. My sophomore year, I was okay with spending some time with men, but not many showed interest. I went out on a few dates, but I didn't click with anyone."

"Isn't there a Hindi club here on campus?"

She nodded.

"There is, but it's for Hindi students having trouble adapting to America, and to their classes. They see me as too American. I'm in a weird spot. I'm not American enough for the general population and too American for the Hindi."

She paused and ogled me.

"You look pretty good sitting there in your briefs, even better when I had you laying face down on my bed with nothing on. You know, you don't have to sit all the way over there."

She patted the couch next to her.

"That's tempting, Vani, but I'm extremely tired. I think I'll wander off to bed."

I got up and stumbled off to my bedroom,

I hated turning her down, but it was the truth. Two days up on the roof in the heat had sapped me. The beers while welcome had done nothing to lessen my fatigue. The only thing worse than turning her down for a make out session was falling asleep during one.

I climbed in bed and tried hard to fall asleep, but sleep would not come in the close, too warm room.

It was time to tell Vani who I really was. I could see her attraction to me, but could she live with me once she understood my curious ability? My mother had rejected me. It still stung after all these years.

Was I too close to Vani? I had gotten adept at pushing people away over the years, had built a world of one for myself and had convinced myself that I was happy that way. I had mastered the art of letting people close, but not to close. Vani hadn't even tried to break down the walls I had erected around myself like other women had. Instead it was me tearing down thse walls to get closer to her. And the wonder of it all was that I saw nothing of her future when I touched her except for keeping her off I-94 in a couple of weeks. Usually the more I touched someone, the more their futures opened up to me.

At eleven o'clock I gave up. I needed sleep if I was going to work a full day in the morning.

I stumbled out of my bedroom in my shorts dragging my pillow and a blanket.

"It's too hot to sleep in my bedroom. I'll put my blanket here in the corner, and go to sleep if you don't mind," I said to Vani who was laying on her back on the couch with her hands behind her head, her crop top displayed the lower third of her breasts. I was starting to like that crop top.

Vani turned off the TV and stood.

"Wait right there."

She walked into her bedroom and emerged a few moments later with a yoga mat under her arm.

"This has got to be better than laying on the bare floor."

I took it, knelt and unrolled it in the corner.

"Thank you," I said as I looked up.

"It's time for me to go to bed, too. Good night," Vani stated before wheeling and walking toward her bedroom.

By the gruffness of her manner I suspected I had offended her.

I awoke at first light as usual, sat up to stretch sore muscles and creaky joints. The yoga mat had helped, but it wasn't like I had slept in a bed all night. I yelped when I saw Vani stretched out nude on the couch. I stood and crept closer.

She lay flat on her back with one arm draped across her stomach and the other dangling above the floor. Her amazing breasts were full and round with dark nipples that stood proud. Her skin was the color of cafe au lait. I fought the urge to stroke her taut stomach. What captured my mind the most was her face. In repose, it was perfection framed by a tangled mass of glossy black hair. Her broad forehead and wide set eyes were perfect for the prominent cheek bones, the full mouth with lush lips and a delicate chin. For the first time, I could see marrying this woman. Strip away her gruff business persona and there was a sweet woman with an amazing body.

My first thought was to wake her, but her embarrassment would have been profound. Instead, I decided to go about my morning routine hoping that the clattering dishes in the kitchen would rouse her and allow her to sneak off to her bedroom without confronting me.

I wasn't quiet in the kitchen, but nothing roused her. She had exhausted herself yesterday carrying shingles to the dumpster. At eight thirty, the truck arrived carrying our load of shingles.

She awoke and sat up looking confused when I touched her on the shoulder.

"The truck is here to deliver the shingles. They need a check before they unload."

I turned and walked out the door. She followed me a few minutes later wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. She never looked at me once as she paid for the shingles then walked back into the house.

The next two days passed in a blur. She never got the chance to explain about her nudity and I didn't push it. Besides, I was either working on the roof or asleep. Vani wore as little clothing as possible in the heat, but the presence of my buddy made it difficult to wear less than shorts, a t-shirt and a full set of underwear.

Finally, we sat at the kitchen table Saturday morning. The house wore a brand new shiny roof, and my buddy was no where to be seen. I wore boxers, and Vani wore panties and a T-shirt. Her prominent nipples poked out the thin t-shirt fabric.

"I hate my nipples," she said looking down at the dents in her t-shirt, "other women can get away with running around without a bra, I've got to wear a substantial bra to keep my nipples from poking through."

"I like them," I said, "they look very perky."

"No, they look obscene," Vani countered.

"Obscene is getting a very visible boner in your pants when you're talking to a girl you find pretty. Obscene is walking into your girlfriend's house after a date with your shirttail out to hide a cum spot in your pants from making out with her in the car. Those nipple dents are cute as Hell."

"Speaking of obscene," she turned serious, "I need to explain to you why I turned up on the couch naked a couple of nights ago."

"You don't need to explain anything, I figured out what happened. It was so hot in your room that you stripped down to get as cool as possible. When that didn't work you came out to sit in the air conditioning for a little while never expecting to fall asleep."

She nodded. "Well, since my apology is accepted, all I have to work on now is my embarrassment."

"Embarrassment for what?" I asked, "I've forgotten all about it."

"For my nudity."

"I don't recall any."

"I'm still mad at you," she said frowning at me.

"For what?"

"For giving me confusing signals. All week, you've signaled me that you want to get a little closer, then when I invite you to get closer, you claim you're tired and run for your bedroom."

"Your timing was lousy. I had spent two days on the roof working in the heat. That evening I felt like a piece of hammered dog meat. All I wanted was crawl in bed and get some sleep," I sipped my coffee, "ask me now, I dare you."

She pulled herself up to her full height, and wiped her lips with her napkin looking haughty.

"I don't feel like it now, and I'm not sure I will ever feel like it," with perfect posture, she set her napkin down beside her plate and folded her hands in her lap, "by the way, what is hammered dog meat?"

She was trying very hard not to grin.

"I think it's what they feed sled dogs in Alaska."

"Where do you come up with stuff like that?"

"I read an article about the Iditarod sled dog race." I finished my coffee, "let's go shopping.".

"For what?"

"A pool liner for the above the ground pool. The pool sides are in good shape, but that liner is shredded. How would you like to have your own pool to relax in by tomorrow afternoon?"

"I would love it. How much would it cost?"

"I priced it out. The liner runs a hundred twenty dollars. We'll need chemicals, a skimmer, and some hose to replace the rotten stuff on the pool vacuum," I shrugged, "two hundred dollars tops. If you help me, you can have a pool to loll in by tomorrow morning."

She helped me prepare the ground beneath the pool and install the liner. That afternoon we began filling the pool.

"We're done," I said packing up my tools, "There are some things that are easier with an extra set of hands. Thank you for your help. "

"I enjoy working with you," Vani replied tucking an errant lock behind her ear.

She seemed to have forgiven me, but I would know for sure this evening.

"I've never been one to volunteer for heavy labor, but this is different. I enjoy working with you, Alan. I'm tired, but every project brings me closer to my goal."

That evening, it was me who suggested that we get together, and it was her who begged off claiming to be too tired. It was fine with me. It had been a long day and I was tired.

The next morning, a sparkling clear pool graced the backyard. Vani squealed when she saw it glistening in the early morning sun. She ran out barefoot through the dewy grass and stuck her hand into the water.

"Oh, it feels so good," she turned to me, "can I go in?"

"It's ready." I said turning off the water and rolling up the hose.

She ran into the house, slipped on a skimpy two piece suit and walked back out into the yard.

"Are you coming in?" she asked me.

I shook my head.

"I'm going to be gone for a few hours this morning."

"Why?"

"I've volunteered at the University Hospital since they cured me of leukemia as a child. Besides, you need a deck beside the pool to sun yourself on," I held out a list, "I'm going to the building supply after and pull the lumber, and fasteners to build you a deck."

Vani frowned at me.

"You can take a day off, you know."

"I'm not a lay by the pool kind of guy. Especially, when there's no deck to lay on."

I waved to her and strode off to my pick up truck.

She was growing on me, and I got the impression she liked having me around. I hoped it would be the case after I dropped the weirdness that was me on her.

Two days and three hundred dollars later, Vani walked up stairs and stood on the new deck beside the pool. I had built the wall around the deck high enough to screen anyone on the deck from the road. I knew she liked it when she bought a chaise longue to sun herself on.

That evening at dinner she decided that we needed to talk.

"You seem distracted. Is anything wrong?" she asked over the spaghetti and garlic bread she had made for dinner.

I looked up and studied her for a moment.

"My crazy former girlfriend is hunting me. I ran into a couple friends today at the lumber yard. She's hitting up everyone about where I'm staying."

"Do you think she'll find you?"

"Yeah, she will. Obsession is part of her crazy phase."

"The garage can hold two cars, why don't you park in there?"

"You wouldn't mind?"

She shook her head.

"I only have my Toyota in there. There's plenty of room."

"Thank you."

After dinner I pulled my truck into the garage and came back into the house whistling.

"Feeling better?" Vani asked. She had finished the dishes and had sat down in the living room to bask in the cool air.

I shed my jeans that I had put on to move the truck and sat next to her rubbing my bare leg against hers.

"We should go out on a date," I suggested in a feigned casual voice.

"I'd like that very much," Vani replied stroking my leg, "dutch treat or a real date?"

I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Real date, where would you like to go?"

"There's a new sushi place over on South University. You like sushi?"

I raised my hand and fluttered it back and forth.

"It's okay, I have noticed that it goes down better with a couple of beers."

"I know a nice Indian restaurant on Eisenhower if you want to see what Indian food is supposed to taste like."

"Do they cook with meat?"

"Mostly chicken, some lamb, but yeah there's meat." She sat up and watched my eyes.

"I'd like that. Why don't we go out this Saturday. I'll even wear something besides jeans and a work shirt."

"I could wear a skirt or a sun dress," a smile crept across her face.

I squinted at her.

"What are you doing?" Vani asked.

"Trying to imagine you in a dress. A real dress, right? Not that weird suit thing you wore when you interviewed me."

She put her hands on her hips.

"What's the matter with my business suit?"

"Nothing if you're fifty years old, and have no figure," I chuckled.

"I've never been so insulted," she teased while smiling.

"How can I make it up to you," I begged edging closer.

"Alan, I think I would like a kiss, a real kiss, not a peck on the cheek."

I pulled her into my arms and sought her lips. A jolt of pleasure shot through me when our lips touched. Some people describe it as an electrical shock. It's nothing like that; there was no pain, only the promise of delights to come. She pressed her lips harder against mine and opened her jaw a bit to invite me in. My tongue found hers and I gasped at the surge of pleasure as she pulled her body into mine.

"Wow!" she whispered as we pulled apart for air.

123456...8