All Comments on 'We'

by Chasecuriosity

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great

Writing

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
Good writing, but...

Good writing, but was this a marriage to last? One other question arises: The other couple were trying to have a child...Did she get pregnant by another man that night? If so, that marriage was dead too...3*

Gomez333Gomez333over 8 years ago
Enjoyed it but......

Don't quite understand the ending. Anyway thanks for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very well written

It made it more realistic with the mix of melancholy, desire, and satiation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great writing?

Well written? Are you insane? A story about rats fucking in the gutter.

Rw43Rw43over 8 years ago
I am confused

I think the last sentence means "we still swing but it doesn't help us get any closer as a couple. Just like the first time she initiated it without my consent, we only swing to satisfy our individual desires."

I think that is called damnation by faint praise

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I ENJOYED IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH

Well written and, in my opinion, leave open to the interpretation by all readers what is going on in this couples relationship. I have not read everything on this site but the author of this piece has a rare, to me, gift for exposing character emotions without attempting to editorializing their actions.

In the final sentence, "...we've resigned that sense of entitlement to hold each other back from individual desires," is a masterful stroke of the pen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
why are they still married?

The one thing I got out of this shit is neither is very happy and she doesn't give a damm. Just walk away little cucky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not badly written, but sadly conceived. I guess that was the point?

Apparently their marriage is just a shell or facade of the original structure. Kelly and Colin will fuck again. And if they have traveled on business together before now, this probably was not the first time. Cheryl's tear suggests its the first she'd known, and she did not approve. So in a matter of seconds Colin's and Kelly's behavior shifted from cheating to swapping, due to the reaction of their spouses. If they had not been caught, it would have been the beginning of an affair. So how can they now claim to each other that they were voluntarily swapping? Colin and Kelly cheated, then Cheryl and Kelly's husband had a revenge fuck. Then Kelly took Colin to the bed for more cheating that quickly became swapping, I guess. No winners in this story, both marriages probably ruined, or just worn out. Sad. But well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good

a bitter-sweet emotional tone .. I get a sense of a lost couple somehow trapped in a marriage of grudging tolerance, in a way that they might not fully understand, and really not knowing what to do or where to go.

While I'd have liked to see the emotional/psychological side developed more than a couple of paragraphs, there's something to be said for brevity .. a hint to be left for the reader to play around with.

Xzy89cXzy89cover 8 years ago
Why would he stay

She openly wanted to be caught. Leave before you are cucked. Run...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
"I never wanted to hurt you"?

On what planet would that be true? She wanted to try another man. Maybe she's bored in their marriage. Maybe the thrill is gone. But she did what she wanted to do, without regards for anyone else but herself. This marriage is toast. Never be able to trust her again. And after drinking for four hours straight the men would have been so drunk that they were lucky to be able to stand up, let alone get it up. Dumb story.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopover 8 years ago
Sorry, not very good

I tried to get into, like and/or understand the story. I'm lost, it was meaningless. Sorry. xoxoxo Annette

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not sure I get it.

but it's a cute little flash story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Nope

NO part of this story is convincing!

Neither Girl1 with Boy2

nor Boy1 with Girl 2

nor Boy1 with Girl 1

nor the descriptions of Boy2 with Girl2

NO part! Not even the 'need to smoke' ...

and especially NOT Sweetie1 telling Hubby1 that she was hot to go back to their own room when she had been flirting with Hubby2 all evening!

2*

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 8 years ago
Well done

I don't usually comment on stories, but I must say I really liked the emotional complexity here -- the narrator aware that there was this connection that didn't really include him and was being intentionally hidden from him, turned on in general by the other wife but not really intending anything, and then quickly embroiled in something that becomes a desperate tit-for-tat expression of anger and betrayal. I thought the ending was quite good -- a realization that despite his wife's protestations their relationship ultimately had changed, wasn't going to return to the level of trust or intimacy it once was, and a kind of flat declaration of trying to get out of it what was possible. That's a kind of weary sadness one doesn't often see in stories here.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
Very Depressing

This story is way, way above average for this site so don't be discouraged by the unintelligent criticism you are bound to attract. The ending is certainly plausible but very depressing. There seems to be very little love or even affection between them so the relationship is unlikely to prosper. I would have preferred a decisive break so they both had a chance at something better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
no logic...

I hope this author isn't married, otherwise he certainly has a sad life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pure puke

Just another wimp ass cuckold. God, where do all these sick people come from?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice well-written story. Enjoyable read

That's what women do. Wives reduce their own guilt by unreasonably blaming the husband and making him suffer. The author's marriage is fine and will get stronger

My wife did it twice. Once with a delivery driver when I could have done a click and collect, Didn't prevent it happening a year later when a neighbour brought my mower back while I was at work. Her excuse both times? "Wouldn't have happened if you hadn't put me in that situation," I'm sure in her own mind she believes it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So sad, but fantastic writing!

Complex depth of a mix of conflicted desires and emotions. A high quality writer examining the downfall of two relationships. Not the typical jerking material you see on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
GOOD

Jealousy and pain were experienced here, i liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Truth

Sounds like a true story. 10 years is sometimes a turning point in relationships. Leads to a sad future, at least for the guy who was probably a romantic. The end of his fairy tail vision of his wife being his one true love.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Snapped

The cuck had his fantasy and the whore went with it. Now he's unhappy but she can't take it back now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Totally fucked up.

DOL

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous