We Didn't Know Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey girlie I heard about your new living situation." She said lustfully, winking at Anna.

"It's not a big deal really." She replied not looking forward to the million questions Kelly obviously wanted to ask about her time at Nick's house. "Where are we starting first?"

"Come on, I'll show you." Leading Anna to the cafeteria, she showed her the decorations and the designs she had already drawn up. Most of the day went smoothly, except for when she would see Nick carrying large equipment out of the storerooms heading down to the field. She found herself getting lost watching him, earning a few coy remarks from Kelly. Spending the last half of the day bouncing between classes and turning in the previous week's assignments, Anna quickly turned in the last paper in time to catch Nick heading out the front doors.

"Hey stud." She said finally catching him.

"Hey baby, I was just about to text you I was heading home."

"Didn't you read my note?"

"Uhhhh....."

"Let me guess you slept past your alarm and rushed in this morning?" She asked, playfully crossing her arms.

"I may or may not have done that exact thing." He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, we need to go pick up our adoption files! They found them quicker than we thought and I figured we could look at them tonight."

"What happened to after graduation?" He asked, an anxious feeling taking hold in his gut.

"Well, if we have them there's no reason to wait! So, you wanna meet there?"

Agreeing, they headed to their vehicles. Shortly after they arrived at the orphanage, walking into the office they saw Laura again, cheerful as the last time.

"Hey, we are here to pick up our files!" Anna said excitedly.

Nick however was focused on something else, through a set of doors he saw the same kid as before, except instead of crying, this time he was playing with a couple of other boys around his age. Feeling his nerves melt away he smiled. He knew there was no reason to feel bad being here anymore. Collecting their files Anna walked him back to his truck.

"See you at home?"

"Of course." Giving her a quick kiss, he hopped in his truck and started the short drive home with Anna following behind him. Nick parked on the street so Anna could pull into the small drive leading to the fenced in yard. He laughed as she practically sprinted inside. Walking inside, Anna was already at the kitchen table holding her file, waiting for him before she opened it.

"You ready? I'll go first!"

Joining her at the table, he grabbed his file, letting her open hers first. After a moment of reading the first paper Anna's demeanor changed from excitement to sadness.

"What's wrong?"

"My parents died in a car accident when I was six months old." She said setting the paper down.

"Anna I'm really sorry..." He said, taking her hand.

"It's okay honestly, but we still might be able to find your parents!"

Slightly hesitating, Nick opened his and pulled out the first paper like Anna did. The anxious feeling from before returned but worse. It felt like his stomach dropped out of his body completely.

"What were their names?"

Confused by his question she picked up her paper again. "Roger and Tara. Why?"

His head spinning now, he felt like he was going to be sick. Pulling out the second paper he found the obituary and looked for surviving family, and there it was. Roger and Tara Evans were survived by their two children, a boy and a girl. Unable to speak he simply handed the papers to Anna who quickly realized what he was panicking about.

"Nick.... This can't be right... this says..."

"Twins." He managed to say.

"Us? But this means... Nick... we had sex..." Tears now streaming down her face. Nick felt even worse. Not because of what they did, but because this could change their relationship completely. Meeting her gaze through the tears. He tried to comfort her.

"Anna..... We didn't know."