All Comments on 'We Need To Talk... Again?'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments
onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 4 years ago
I find irony

It's not unusual in LW stories for a character to say " I love him/her more than life itself". However, they often seem to be saying this after having already chosen "life" over their partner.

Also, a wife will say "it was just sex" when she cheats, but when she wants to really hurt her partner to the point of despair she goes out and notoriously has "just sex". Apparently, "just sex" means whatever she wants it to mean at the time.

And of course "you have to believe me" comes after she was caught lying about something else.

For whatever reason, it's taken me forever to notice this stuff that most everyone else already knows.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
FAIR WEATHER HELPING FRIENDS

don't always follow their own advice or actions. Love hurts. TK U MLJ LV NV

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

I normally hate reconciliations, but Laura learned her lesson. I'm glad this story had a happy ending with them back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

A little curious...

... about Maggie's reaction to the voicemail he left, great story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Last page was just stupid

So out of nowhere we find that he is a hypocritical ass. Completely changed the tone of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
This One Is a 5

Both of the “Have to Talk” stories you submitted today are entertaining. But this one is my favorite by far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Good story. I enjoy tear jerker btb stories as much as many on here, but I do love a good happy ending from time to time. Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Why to go

To very good stories, great pairing if consequences.

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 4 years ago
Mostly good....until Maggie

I thought him mentioning Maggie was an attempt to make the wifeunderstand and feel the pain the wife had caused. But no - The Maggie relationship was true. Making him him no better or even worse than his wife.

At this point the wife should leave him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Are we to believe he wasn’t just as bad

After his threat, it was obvious that Laura learned her lesson already. Instead he goes off and fools around with another woman for 3 months and rubs it in her face. I hate stories when women exact revenge 3x worse than what their husband did. I think the husband did the same here. Besides there’s no way any guy would consider leaving his wife for another woman without trying her out first. If the point was to sympathize with Laura in the end and dislike her husband, you succeeded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ryan is so devastated by the thought of losing his wife for like a day

Then he finds a replacement he is considering spending the rest of his life with. I'm not sure why Laura would want to stay married to him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

"Then, you have to convince him that, since you were a virgin when you two met, and that he had been with several women, it would only be fair to allow the scales to be balanced." - Sigh. I know it's an old theme, but it isn't "evening the scales," because he had other women when he was single, and she is married.

"Asking" is one thing, as long as she's prepared to accept a big ass NO!

So, it's okay for her, but not for Ryan?

She KNOWS he was upset by the dance, and STILL plans on going ahead with her plans?

"She agrees that you should be OK with this, since it's not going to affect our marriage. In fact, she feels that my gaining experience will improve our love making." - 1) As he says, what's she doing letting Franny into their personal life; 2) Of COURSE it will affect their marriage! 3) "Improve" their love making? What's wrong with their love making?

She'll be there any time he wants her, except for the times she's getting fucked by Lover Boy.

"I swear baby, please give me the chance to show how much I love you." - Okay, drop this foolish idea.

"This had not gone at all like Franny had promised."- Duh!

Nothing was said at the time, and now he has a recording?

"Oh honey, please... no. I can't bear to be without you." - What do you think will happen if you do this and he divorces you? You'll HAVE to bear being without him.

He has business in Pueblo anyway, it'll be good for her to see what life would be like without him.

"Everything she did would be inspected, everything she said would be checked, even her love for him would be continuously tested for authenticity." - Maybe SHE should ask for a divorce!

"Have you made up your mind what it is that you want? Can you be faithful to me and be satisfied?" - I thought she had already made that clear, that HE was now the one in doubt.

"Silently, Laura thanked her lucky stars that she had been steered away from a disastrous friendship with Franny." - I don't think she was steered away. She broke it off herself when she realized the damage it was doing.

I actually thought at first that Maggie was made up, to frighten Laura.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Liked This One

Great way for the Ryan to have balls to force Laura to see reality in clear focus instead of through Franny's rose colored glasses. Laura was also blessed by a wonderful mother. I was disappointed with Ryan and the Maggie thing. That knocked Ryan down a few notches in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was OK

Just OK, not great. I don't see how he could be curious about life with Maggie. Sure, have lunches as its not a date or sexual and sure toss it in her face to let her experience what he felt but to really be serious about Maggie? That threw me for a loop.

Also, it has only been a few months and he is ready to trust her? How can he do that and then it goes on to say they had children. I wouldn't trust her at all for a very long time like a year or more and I would probably go broke using PI's to keep tabs 24 7.

Not a good way to live.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyed

I agree with the others about Maggie, she was unnecessary. Once again, thanks for portraying a man who does not just take it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 4 years ago

I was a little critical of your other related story - nothing but praise with this one. Well done!

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
Pretty damn good.

I felt Maggie being a player might have been too convenient but this was a pretty well done story with good writing and expressions of emotions. I'm impressed.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 4 years ago
Too bad

I thought he was going to turn to his pickup and whistle and watch a golden retriever named Maggie jump out.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
Re: the "Maggie thing"

While in Pueblo, Maggie's brother deliberately caused Maggie to be a factor in Ryan's life. The brother's reason was an attempt to keep tabs on the boss (Ryan) because he was stealing the use of equipment. Maggie was unaware of her brother's bad behavior.

Ryan, away from home, lonely, and in search of his next move meets this beautiful woman. He only has dinners with her, which he is able to throw in Laura's face, as she had declared that her lunches with the gym teacher were NOT "doing anything."

Ryan is pondering IF a relationship with Maggie is something to be pursued.

His trip BACK to Pueblo is twofold, 1 - to deal with the brother & 2- to try and get a feel for IF he wishes to move forward with Maggie instead of returning to Laura.

His lack of hurt, when seeing Maggie decline his phone call in favor of continuing her date makes it CLEAR to him that forgiving and returning to Laura is the correct choice. One that he probably would have arrived at eventually, but Maggie's actions sealed the deal quickly. Maggie's reaction to his voice mail then became irrelevant.

Thanks for reading,

fritz51

Rob5373Rob5373almost 4 years ago
Now bad

I enjoy a good loving wife story especially when it works out in the end. Good job.

Bh76Bh76almost 4 years ago

Seems like half a story without more Maggie details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

The time to experiment is before you settle down, that’s the purpose of dating, to sort the wheat out from the chaff. Americans seem to be a bit obsessed with the concept of virginity and the school purity pledge thing Is completely ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I wonder....

Great story, but I wonder why instigators are not sued for interfering in a marriage. Of all of these types of stories, not one author has considered the instigator had some skin in the game and could be held liable.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Okay?

It certainly was better than the first story. It was however lacking believability. Somewhere in the first section the name Dave came up as the one to use the pass on, no buildup to this just wham. After that things went down hill fast. A crazy two month separation and she became a wimpy wife. Next Maggy and his own desire for sex with someone else. Finally mystery solved and than once again happily married and three kids. A number of stories wrapped into one short piece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not Well Written

Written on a fourth grade level and full of cliches. The dialogue reminds me of a few ten year olds sitting around and discussing adult issues. The story development was just awful and the character development was nonexistent. I have no idea why the writer bothered to submit this... whatever it is--it's certainly not a story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 4 years ago
If both sides are doing the same thing: is it cheating?

Yes. But can either side claim a moral high ground? Hell no!

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Well.... the story was great, because it was yours to write, but I had a few issues with it

Yes, it was your tale to tell and it was done well. But...

If a wife can't tell her husband what is on her mind, if they can't talk about it, they aren't in a great place. IMO, they have to be able to talk - even if it's hard. What if he wants to try swinging? Shouldn't he have the confidence to raise the subject? I think so.

Taking off for 2 months without any contact doesn't serve a marriage. So putting her through 2 months of hell was mostly vindictive and self-serving.

Finally, doing what to her what she did to him (getting to know someone else) was low. Especially when he blew up on her so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
boring

For a husband who claims that life is so wonderful, he really flipped his switch to total a-hole pretty quick. And come on, this group of stories here is supposed to be about women enjoying sex with other men. This needs to be in some drama section because it damn sure was NOT erotic in the least.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
@Anon 'Not well written'

Compared to your own outstanding efforts obviously.... You call this 4th grade work full of cliches....I have a degree in English but couldn't write a story...and I have tried. It is very difficult to organise characters, plot and content into an entertaining piece of literature. This is certainly not the best story on here but from the hundreds I have read it's certainly in the top half. Well done fritz and thank you.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Nice

The guy reacted the way most guys would react. However, not good to find a girlfriend so soon. Very hypocritical. Thank you

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsalmost 4 years ago

This one was a good one. Your other version on this subject was over the top and unbelievable but this one was as good as any in the genre. A 5* effort. Keep up the good work.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
duplicitous

I enjoyed the story right up until the husband's emotional affair. Of course he was worse than her. She was naïve to hang around a bad friend that corrupted her thoughts but hadn't fully affected her choices. He made bad choices on his own and wasn't punished for it. That part there was a shame because he lost the moral high ground. I'm afraid that marriage will NEVER be a 50/50 partnership again. He will have hi boot on her neck(metaphorically) the rest of their marriage, when he was actually worse than her.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Enjoyable read. You did not make the mistake of a over theatrical insertion towards the end like the other story. Well done.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Hubby would make a good poker-player. One quibble. Well, ...and a quibblet. Hubby’s return trip was smart on both counts. The first was to let Sweetie know that their relationship had a new, and dangerous, wrinkle named Maggie. The second is where the quibble rests. The misappropriation of company equipment was odd. Hubby had been on-site continuously for three months. How could the culprits take it without that being mentioned to him by the watchman?

Maggie was being dated by Hubby for somewhat less than three months, at an unknown frequency and to a (claimed) platonic extent ... revealed to Sweetie as parallel to her lunches with Dave. That was only partly true, since her intent evolved to lead to a tryst (or three.) Hubby’s was to explore a possible post-divorce romance if Sweetie did not come to her senses. Hubby’s presentation of his options let Sweetie know that her not pursuing some ‘make-up for her youth omissions’ during their separation was only part of her attitude challenge. The quibblet was that his good-bye note to Maggie was partially informative, but a bit presumptuous. Hubby clearly neither declared nor requested exclusivity. Her romantic date was appropriate. But Hubby coulda/shoulda added that her brother had used her to keep his moon-lighting a secret.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anon.................not all stories need to be erotic

I like interception stories where the wife gets stopped in her tracks and rethink her actions. Like it when the hubby lays down the law even tho he shouldnt need to. TBH this story was quite poor and I will check out the other one.

JJ

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 4 years ago
moral high ground

Whackdoodle, yes one can claim it, it's a "floating" standard based on actions. He could early on when she demanded what she did, the after his emotional affair with Maggie, Laura regained it-- especially by the way she lived for 2 1/2 months. The question is "what do you do when you actually have it"? Here they BOTH wasted it. He cheated when he had it and she wasted it and allowed him to get away with it. She should have learned from her mistake, but it look like she was punished for the rest of their marriage. Which might be something, if Ryan hadn't cheated on her worse.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

@MormonJack, I believe that the taking two months off was to show her what divorced life would be like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Different reaction from others

My reaction is completely different from the last few people to comment.

I think that those that think Ryan overreacted aren't people who value trust, fidelity and relying on their spouse as they go through the years. Her reaction when asked to dance (leaving her husband to sit by himself, staying for a second, slow, dance) combined with her wanting to have sex with Dave completely changes the relationship and imo ruins the feeling of security that comes from a good marriage. Far from thinking he became an A-hole, imo his reaction was as mild as could be expected.

Of course, the swingers of the world, who have different feelings and needs, won't be able to empathise with Ryan at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Names

‘Francis’ is a man’s name. ‘Frances’ is the female equivalent.

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 4 years ago
Kinda liked this one

In the realm of believable sorta. I liked the fact that she had a discussion with Ryan before acting but should not have been planning it with Franny beforehand. Plotting with a friend to manipulate your spouse does not bode well for a good marriage. This is a good tale to learn why you should not associate with poisonous friends. Ryan should have been having LONG discussions with her about Franny long before it got this far. The whole thing of having sex outside the marriage seemed out of character for the background given of their early years. Leaving her for two and a half months was poor. Maybe a week and then counseling. I give it a 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Posted by mistake a comment for your story on "That Evening Sun" my bad

A lot of negative comments for this story. I personally enjoyed it. It entertained me. Was not to long or convoluted so that I had to go back to figure out what was going on. In short I enjoyed it. I am not a writer so maybe I would be more critical if I were. I liked the outcome at the end but I would have preferred if Maggie was a fictional person used to show how hurtful the wife's original idea was to her husband. The way it was it just made him look like a fool to be used by her and her brother. Just my spin on it.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Another story without any heros

I was debating whether this was a 3* or 2*. I did not like any of the protagonists. She was awful for thinking of adultery, and he responded as an asshole.

But the ending was really awful -- it seemed like the author just rushed a series of statements to conclude the story.

So, I could not say that I liked the story, and so ended with a 2*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Comment number

The story states that there are, 32 comments, but when I clicked on ''read more," there are only two. Hunh? As to the story, hubby should have forced wifey to see the evidence that Franny was a slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Puzzle me this.

Why write a cheating wife story if the only purpose is to blow up wifey and deliver her chest-thumping, self-righteousness ultimatums? There is more than a whiff of cuckold fascination in this commotion.

looking4itlooking4italmost 4 years ago

I have to admit that this is the only story I can remember reading here in LW where I ended up hating the husband character. Ryan ended up being a man without honor. He gave his word and broke it. I wouldn’t do business with him even if I was getting something for free. I thought maybe he was giving his wife a dose of her own medicine but he was simply no better than her, worse actually, for doing the same thing he ranted so vehemently about. Sorry, two wrongs don’t make a right.

This was definitely the weaker of the two stories, especially the closer it got to the end. As you can tell I don’t think the Maggie episode was necessary. It seemed to be thrown in to force a plot twist you thought was intriguing. It wasn’t. All it did was do more damage to an already messed up relationship. Essentially neither of them now has complete trust in the other. It simply made the last pate feel like the story really didn’t end on multiple levels.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gee another lousy story from you

Really a educated women with a successful loving husband and a whore friend trying to make you into something your not. And this writer makes us believe you would listen to her. Total bullshit! Did he marry a retard I think not.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 4 years ago

Liked it overall, but much of the front end is unnecessary. The reader had no need to know the intricacies of their business partnership, it is totally irrelevant to the action that follows.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
What Happens When Two People Tell The Other To Go Pound Sand

When Laura brings up fucking another man, as her husband I would have told her to go pound sand.

And when Ryan comes back and says he needs to go back to Maggie to see if he wants to explore things with Maggie, Laura should have told him to go pound sand.

It's one thing for Ryan to have had the "innocent" dinners with Maggie while he didn't know what Laura was doing back home, and where her head was. But once he comes back and then immediately chooses to go back to Pueblo to explore a relationship with Maggie then all bets are off.

Laura was the better spouse. At least Laura explored the idea of seeing if Ryan would go for her fucking other men, and when he said no, she immediately backed off (short argument later is immediate enough). Ryan wanted to go back to explore the relationship with Maggie, and it was Maggie that made the choice (unknowingly) to break it off with him.

Ahh, to know you're the default choice. Such a common romance novel theme. Not!!!!

Besides that the dialogue was stiff. My advice is you work on the dialogue aspect of the story. I wouldn't knock off points for how Ryan reacts, cause you can choose your characters to react anyway you want to make whatever point you want to make (just my opinion that he showed he wasn't a prize for a lifemate). But especially the dialogue, in my not so humble opinion, needs lots of work.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 4 years ago

Always enjoy your stories! Thanks for sharing your creatiiivity with us!

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Two great stories from Fritz in one day. I actually prefer the other one, but this seems a little more realistic. I don’t see how any of his actions were unreasonable. She brought the straying thing up in the first place, slut Franny just encouraged and advised her. She got off extremely easy for her slip. Just another anti cheating story that was very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pathetic self involved fragile ego male character ... again

Ryan (and Brody in the other similarly titled story) represent the kind of weak fragile self involved masculinity that plauges the world. Man up. Learn how to stop playing wounded puppy and see women and others as real people with feelings and dimension beyond how it impacts your own "honor" and pathetic egoism. Love is not chest thumping, delivering ultimatums and expecting someone to fawn over you.

It reminds me of weak ass dom wanna bees who posture, gaslight and expect rather than inspiring and drawing out what is within a woman through understanding her. A man works to understand her, communicate with her and show her his love and care in action. Man up. Stop being a self entitled punk ass boi. Want a woman's love & respect? Inspire it! Earn it! Respect her, her feelings and needs.

These two stories reek heavily of a thinly veneered hypocritical double standard over moralizing about loose women "SLUTS". A good litmus test to know if you are a weak ass beta boi is if you feel the need to control a woman, for her to be pure or chaste, feel threatened by other men in relation to the woman, feel the need for unwavering slavish devotion from her etc ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Anonymous 07/22/20

What Drivel! Do marriage vows mean nothing? Does the WIFE'S desire to take on LOVERS, mean nothing to the marriage and the husband? Is he supposed to turn belly up and pander to her feelings and desires?! Does that make him a MAN??! Yes, respect is always earned but in seven years of a happy marriage respect both given and received is presupposed. The husband's reaction was totally acceptable and on her retraction of her ridiculous demand (?), the author brought the story to a logical end. Good story. 5*s.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 4 years ago

Much better than your other story, did you gave a brain haemorrhage while writing that one. I do feel guilty liking this as it was a reconciliation story.

Barnaby2000Barnaby2000over 3 years ago
There are inconsistencies.

Dear fritz51,

(If there should be problems of understanding I would like to apologize in advance. English is not my native language)

I have read your story "That We Need To Talk... Again?" and would like to give my personal, humble opinion on it.

I have noticed some points that I may not have understood or that I simply do not like as a reader because they simply have a negative effect on the enjoyment of reading. Such as:

1. I don't understand why the author put a focus on gathering of material wealth.

Quote: "For the two years that had passed since that partnership formed, Mathis-Brown Construction expanded, allowing the partners to bid on larger contracts, making even more money."

2. Ryan is on a business trip for two days and his return is celebrated as if he'd been gone for two months. I think that's excessive.

3. Upon his return, Ryan does not invite his wife to the BEST restaurant or the ROMANTIC restaurant, but to the MOST EXPENSIVE.

Quote, "The disappointment on her face turned to glee when he confessed that he was kidding her, and already had reservations at the most expensive restaurant in town."

I can confirm from my worldwide experience that an EXPENSIVE restaurant is definitely not necessarily the BEST or MOST ROMANTIC restaurant.

4. After "the talk" on the porch, Ryan suggests a simulated divorce. Laura knows that her marriage is on very thin ice and that a wrong action on her part or a wrong word from her lips would mean the end of her marriage. But against this background, Laura actually has nothing else in mind but to have sex with other men. This view of Laura is implied by the following quote.

Quote: ""So, if we're going to be pretending to be divorced, am I to act divorced?" she asked."

Does Laura really think if she agrees to a temporary "divorce" that she can fuck around with other men as she pleases? In which case, this temporary separation is even better than what She originally asked for. By this temporary separation Laura has no obstacles in her path to commit adultery. Ryan is not there, so Laura doesn't have to worry about her husband anymore. She can have sex whenever, wherever, with whomever and as often as she wants. Even in her own marital bed. Does a woman really think so, who by her own admission does not want a divorce and would do anything to save the marriage? I doubt it.

The above quote should have opened Ryan's eyes as it revealed Laura's true nature. I would have expected an immediate divorce after this sentence from Laura without further talks, without further negotiations and without marriage counseling.

5. Laura claims that she has broken off all contacts with Franny.

Quote: "I've told Franny to leave me alone."

But this fact is nowhere clear from the context of the story. All the reader learns is that Betty, Laura's mother, chased Franny away.

Quote: "...but Betty had already intercepted the intruder, and was reading her the riot act. "You get your slut ass away from my daughter. "You may have already cost her a husband by filling her mind with your whore ideas. Get out and stay out!" Betty screamed at Laura's tarty friend. ““

Conclusion:

The focus on material wealth has a rather negative connotation in my country, as it is a testimony to a rather primitive way of thinking that puts the cultural, intellectual and emotional development of a person in particular and society in general in the background.

Laura is on very, very thin ice. Nevertheless, it is implied that she believes she can fuck around as she likes during a temporary separation, because she doesn't have to be considerate of anything or anyone in the absence of her husband. At this point the story would have ended for me.

Taking into account the points I have listed above, which I, as a reader, include in my evaluation with different weightings, I come to the following conclusion.

Unfortunately I cannot give this story more than **.

With kind regards

Barnaby2000

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You need therapy

"If you would only follow my rules and do exactly as I say, then we will both live happily ever after." This is the story that abusers tell the people they abused. This is always a lie. It's also both the ending and morale to your garbage story.

You need therapy if you think the way that Ryan threatened and controlled Laura was anything short of abusive. I was hoping that, in a twist, Laura would realize that even though she made a mistake, Ryan's reaction was so far out of proportion that it caused Laura to wake up to the reality of who she really married. The way she is infantilized in the story is straight up disgusting. Also, maybe this story needed another person to come and tell Laura how awful she was because the subtlety of only doing it three times in a 4 page story might be lost on most. Fritz, you need to realize the one partner doesn't dictate rules for the others to follow without question. A marriage is between two equals.

Let me give you some honest advice. You should bring this story in to be read by a therapist, because it shows everything that is wrong with your misogynistic worldview.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

So 8/10 Anonycuck thinks it is abuse to expect your wife to to be a whore who fucks random guys?

So why doesnt he give us his wifes contact info?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The anon tho

My guy, that was possibly the most ignorant comment I've ever seen.

He came here for cuck porn FOR SUUUURE.

The stories about a husband who won't put up with cheating, that's actually overwhelmingly common. And saying I'll divorce you if you do, is also overwhelmingly common.

I'm not judging you for being a cuck/liking cuck porn, I'm judging you because you're a dick.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The ending was to saccharine, but

overall, it was a good tale. "Betty" was a great character. Thanks for writing

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
at least they weren't

cheaters

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
They both need ....

....some serious psychological help.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Hypocrite

What an hypocrite Ryan is,he hooks up with Maggie as Laura had done,despite his feelings about behaviour.Also if he hadn't seen Maggie in the restaurant with a guy he would have probably ended up with her ,thus cheating on his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
All was mostly well...

Until he became a hypocrite and lost his own credibility. It wasn't enough that he laid out the terms of the separation and for good reason, but while she suffered alone and unsure he was doing the absolute opposite and even considered leaving for the other woman. The only reason he came back was because the other woman was dating other men. And then he has the audacity to ask if she was willing to be faithful... Just wow. Not a good look

fritz51fritz51over 3 years agoAuthor
Re: anon 9-23-20 & Nitpic:

I believe that you are both missing a key point & adding in one that wasn't portrayed.

He did not cheat, merely having a meal with Maggie by Laura's own definition was not cheating. He NEVER "Hooked up" with her. And two: I felt that after the proposal brought by Laura, he deserved to at least be allowed to consider other options, besides reconciling with her.

If my wife, proposed what Laura did, even with her withdrawing the request, I can see where the central question becomes "IF" I can stay married to her. Will a constant worry that she's going to again get hot to do other guys & just not ask the next time? Is trust totally lost? Depends on the guy & his perception of her. Would he be better off starting over with a woman that he can trust?

In this story he decides to go back to Laura, but ONLY IF she is over this fucking other guys desire. He has a right to ask that.

Further, it should have been noteworthy when he had a epiphany: seeing Maggie declining his call while being cozy with her date at the restaurant. He wasn't hurt, or mad, but relieved. He realized that he had no love for Maggie and a return to his wife, who he still loved was what he wanted.

I don't get why so many of you think he was hypocritical. I would like to get YOUR wives to give you the "I want some strange dick" talk & see how you react!

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
Almost perfect

This one

"I think many women who cheat only realize the horrible mistake they've made after they are divorced. The companionship, the intimate touching throughout the day, the anticipation of the other's needs, things like that are lost when the husband is gone. Too bad that she couldn't fully experience that loss, before being divorced," Glen commented."

This is absolutely true. Most women really regret their cheating but it's too late for them. I'm happy that Laura learned her lesson and she has a mom who acted as a good role model. Women often banded together to justify their actions. Laura didn't notice she was wrong until she met the good company.

The only thing I hate about the story is Ryan. He is hypocrite. He has no moral ground.

It's true when partner manage the conflict, their bonds become stronger than ever

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago

I read it again. I really commend the wise mom who made her back to her senses.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
Okay, where was the hookup?

All the commentators say he hooked up with Maggie. But Dave and Linda did the same thing at school. Have lunch, eat, not sex. Was he falling in love-read the damn story. It says he went to say he was firing her brother-nothing about staying. He was not staying with Maggie, he wanted to let her down. She was used as a decoy for her brother to use his construction equipment for his own personal jobs. Obviously you did not read the story. Wake up and open your damn eyes and mind and read and understand before commenting. I still am awaiting an answer from fuckyou@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Meh.

Battlecat1984Battlecat1984over 3 years ago

Good story, I like it that he gave her option to save their marriage or have an affair and get divorced. Leaving for two months showed her she loved him and she couldn’t live without him. Ryan it’s not a hypocrite he didn’t cheat he just had a meal with Maggie and she showed him that his wife is the one that he really loved.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
First

Ryan is a first clas arsehole.He lays down conditions for his way to follow andyer goes and does what he is punishing her for.Pity he didn't marry Maggie and then catch her with the bloke she was with in the restaurant,causing her to dump him as she preferred her lover.Also missing is what would have happened if he had divorced her because of the partnership contract.Surely she would have been entitled to half of his share?.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

"it would only be fair to allow the scales to be balanced," - The time to "balance the scales" was before they were exclusive.

/

"how mad can he get?" - Oh, pretty mad, but as long as it's only an "ask," with an acceptance of a "no" she should be okay. Too many times he's TOLD, and that spells trouble.

/

"I can't bear to be without you," - You will be if you go through with this!

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
You floozy

You lose e

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Very good.

But let's face it, Ryan was no saint.

We don't know what kind of a relationship

Ryan had with Maggie.

It may not have been cheating.

But in the least it was inappropriate

and even dishonest, for a married man.

No better than Laura and the teacher.

So trust is broken, in both directions.

Ewerything else Ryan did

was spot on smart and right.

Good plot and good writing.

Top ratings from me.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Equality

Let me take a very logical, legalistic perspective on this story.

1. Laura justifies her desire to fuck around with other men as her right to have a broad experience - like Ryan had done prior to their relationship. However, this represents a one sided attempt to unilaterally change the terms of their marriage vows (a legal contract). Recall her horror at Franny's suggestion that she seduce Ryan and open the door to Laura's future infidelity. So, it's all right for her to fuck around but not for Ryan?

2. Ryan set the terms of the separation. If Laura had any sexual contact with a man (are women excluded too?) during their separation - the result would be divorce. She was further restricted from any contact with a man by phone, text, or other means. Laura apparently lived up to those terms. Were those terms intended to be unilateral? Would not an equal application of the restrictions also apply to Ryan? Originally, I thought Ryan's tale of his relationship with Maggie would be a lie to give Laura a taste of her own medicine mirroring her relations with Dave. I was wrong and Ryan actually failed to honor the same restrictions he imposed on Laura.

.

In both these examples, we see inequality. The "sauce" for the goose does not apply to the gander, and vv.

Otherwise, I applaud fritz51 for an excellent story, beautifully written.

Keep 'em comin'.

fritz51fritz51over 3 years agoAuthor
Answer to Willowby:

I tried sending a feedback message - it failed, so am trying this way:

First, tell me say thank you for a well thought out, preceptive comment on my story “We Need To Talk… Again?” I don’t know if other authors are as frustrated as I am when readers tear down a story citing “facts” that were not in the story, or allow their own experiences to replace the ones experienced by my character in a story. I am often convinced that my tale was never actually read at all, skimmed perhaps.

Comments like yours are very refreshing, and I take them seriously aiming to improve my work.

That said, allow me to share my thoughts in response to your two points about this story.

First, you point out that Laura’s was requesting to change the terms of her marriage vows. Absolutely correct, however it’s my assertion that she didn’t think of it that way. You are right, logically, but, and this is a big but, very few of these stories would be written if our characters were all logical. The genre which I most often write about, loving wives cheating or wanting to, depict the wife as highly illogical. I realize that men can be equally illogical, but writing about them is usually not my gig.

Point 2 : “Ryan set the terms of the separation. If Laura had any sexual contact with a man (are women excluded too?) during their separation - the result would be divorce. She was further restricted from any contact with a man by phone, text, or other means. Laura apparently lived up to those terms. Were those terms intended to be unilateral? Would not an equal application of the restrictions also apply to Ryan? Originally, I thought Ryan's tale of his relationship with Maggie would be a lie to give Laura a taste of her own medicine mirroring her relations with Dave. I was wrong and Ryan actually failed to honor the same restrictions he imposed on Laura.”

Ryan did set the terms. As for female sexual contact by Laura, I (therefore Ryan) never even considered that. The separation was never intended by Ryan to have equality as a basis. In order to nail down his reaction to his wife’s shocking request, one technique I employed was to imagine that my young wife had made that ask. I kid you not: I became upset, very upset. This is not unusual for me, I often get angry reading these Lit stories, particularly where a wife’s disrespect is flagrant and public – case in point: “February Sucks”

Anyway, I decided that Ryan would have a hard time with just the fact that she asked and as a result bring into question everything about their marriage. My feeling that he was justified in not taking a “here’s a fair thing we should do”, but rather take a “Here’s how it’s going to be” stance.

Two things were initially intended to be accomplished: 1- He needed uncompromised time to decide if he wanted to remain married at all or had the trust in Laura and belief in her love for him be damaged beyond repair. That perhaps she never did love him as he loved her, else why would she ask such a thing. I think this is a reasonable question. 2- She needed to have a look at what a post-divorce apocalypse would be like.

After the separation, another ripple occurs. The only guarantee that Ryan had given was that he wouldn’t be fucking any other women, and it was generous that he offered that, he didn’t need to- Laura was in no position to bargain. Her only threat would be divorce, and as close as she already was to that fate, I say she kept quiet. Ryan, even though not looking for a woman, meets Maggie. The circumstances of that are explained later, showing it to be less than random.

Ryan feels, and I believe that it is justified to allow him to explore the possibility of which path to take- back to wife & repairing trust and other damage… or start a new relationship. The story explains his choice.

Nothing about his choice making a that juncture was intended to be equal… she brought this on, he had a right to consider all options.

I hope I haven’t been too wordy. I see that you commented on another of my stories, but apparently haven’t read the second part yet… looking forward to your opinion.

fritz51

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Pretty good and made sense. Ryan was no angel but he was hit in mind and heart by her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree with willoughby and others.

He is allowing fantasy into relationship during sex.

Short step to reality.

If need already have serious problem

jtwheels

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 3 years ago

Over time, a wife's friends can have a big influence on her life, for better and of course, for worse. Husbands, and boyfriends have known this for years. Wives often dismiss these concerns. We shouldn't. All my girlfriends before my marriage love my husband, and are true friends but a couple girls I met at work were not, and I had to cut them loose. Not an easy thing.

I liked this story a bunch. I didn't like the Maggie insertion because it ruined my image of Ryan. Maybe it's the "two wrongs..." cliche, I don't know. All ended up on a good note however, which I always like. Happily ever after rules!

fishgetterfishgetterover 3 years ago

I agree with Fritz's dialog with the 'fans' here. Really people MUST understand this is a 'tall tale' as all fiction is. It is not a blueprint for ' Westworld' robots' actions. So get over it. If one thinks it is possible to better write it: "Get 'er done" thyself, and put pen to paper.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hubby's reaction was way over the top

My wife once asked me if I'd consider a threesome.I told her no, end of converstion. O drama.

fritz51fritz51about 3 years agoAuthor
Re anon 2-13-21:

Didn't you wonder what brought on her request? I would & I'd be concerned.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

Great story your writing is excellent.

I did feel the husband was a bit too self righteous. But you did a great job stirring emotions with the characters

OPrimeOPrimeabout 3 years ago

Good story, but the wife was portrayed as a dumb ass. If I heard her say shit like that I would have divorced her right off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story and well written. Loved Ryan's reaction to Laura's proposal! Perhaps he needn't have got involved with Maggie but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The "Pretend" divorce and her Mother Betty, sure sorted out Laura's thinking. She was very contrite and the story had a realistic ending. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you. 5*s.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Hubby's actions were spot on!!! Wife needed more punishment though...

1959richard21959richard2about 3 years ago

4*S

A more entertaining story about "We have to talk".... Only being married seven years leads to a believable behavior by the wife, seven year itch or I need to explore other men b. s.

I enjoyed the background you built, and the inclusion of the mother and other characters.

Thanks for all the work fritz51 🙂👏👏 reading more of your posts as

AMerryman

fritz51fritz51about 3 years agoAuthor

@ norcal62:

Sorry I offend you, that's the way I talk.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

@norcal

You don’t like the dialogue write your own story. Otherwise enjoy the efforts of someone else and quit criticizing the verbal structure of someone you don’t know.

You know where he comes from they might just think you talk funny, unlike you though I bet they have enough class to refrain from pointing it out.

Nice story fritz, one of the few “talk” stories that has just enough to not warrant a divorce. Just barely though.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 3 years ago

Great story!

There are so many stories with this premise or theme on Literotica; many of them even with the exact same title, or a slight variation of such. The wife's request to fuck other men outside of her marriage is, in my opinion ludicrous, ridiculous, reprehensible, and traitorous to say the least. I’ve yet to see any realistic response by the husband until this story. I think Ryan’s reaction and response to Laura is pretty close to what it should be. He indicates to her, beyond a doubt how he feels and that should she go thought with this marital cheating, he will divorce her, full stop.

It's interesting, and, at the same time a bit boring and inane that most of these stories use some of the same expressions, almost verbatim..."My love for you won't be diminished in the least, in fact, I think it would deepen my love for you, and strengthen our marriage;" "There's nothing different; nothing has changed. My love for you is just the same as it was yesterday;" "Baby, you know that I love you with all of my heart, right?;" "I wouldn't be making love with him, making love is what you and I do. With XXXX it would only be sex;" "and with the children gone I'm afraid I've had a lot of time on my hands to think of what I might have missed;" "Baby, you know that I love you with all of my heart, right?;" "Well, we thought that since you are the only man I have ever been with that it might be fun for me to have sex with someone else so we are going to have dinner, go dancing and then spend the night at a hotel." And, when she comes home to the husband...."It's still just me, the same old me as always," And when the husband is hurt, angry, combative and belligerent (rightly so), "it wasn't supposed to be this way." There are more, but I'll leave it at this.

Anyway, I just want to say that I enjoyed the story.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

That Maggie subplot was pretty random. Enjoyed it otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why choose between Laura and Maggy? The correct choice is to get rid of both, and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As soon as she said it, I would have dragged her naked to her father. “I’m returning your gift. She is insane, and you should have done a better job of raising her.”

looking4itlooking4italmost 3 years ago

Wait! Who is Lucky????

Helen1899Helen1899almost 3 years ago

Lost interest when Maggie feared her head, how did that enhance the story, it didn't

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

When a husband hears those “four words” there is always a snake like Frannie in the weeds. Her mother chasing away that bitch was a big part of saving Laura’s marriage. Great to see Frannie and Dave pay a heavy price for their sleazy actions.

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 3 years ago

Good, but would have been better without the Maggie part.

You seem to have a way of screwing up a 5 story by adding something stupid and unnecessary towards the end. Just like the "Mailman" at the end of "YOU GOT TO KNOW WHEN TO HOLD 'EM". That didn't add anything and it diminished your story.

You've got to recognize that urge and repress it!

Your writing has definitely improved. "BEWARE OF TRUTH OR DARE" was great, and I hope you will keep writing.

I gave your story a 5. Probably shouldn't have, but I can't take it back.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The Maggie part torpedo'd this story for me, I understand being upset and the animal part of your brain wanting to punish the wife. But she didn't cheat, she was open and honest and communicated what she wanted. Now I'm not about sharing, it's not in my DNA, but the fact that he basically did exactly what she did and then was like well whatever you did it first is just childish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@fritz51, imho you are usually spot on with respect to the ethical and moral issues presented in your stories and comments. You are wrong, however, in attempting to justify Ryan's involvement with Maggie. Ryan made it clear to Laura that socially intimate meetings with members of the opposite sex is inappropriate behavior for someone who is married and would be grounds for divorce if she continued them. Ryan did not have the right to unilaterally give himself a hall pass with respect to this standard of marital behavior because Laura previously had lunches with her fellow teacher. Once Ryan realized he was developing feelings for Maggie, it was his responsibility and obligation to stop seeing her. He violated the spirit of his marital vows by allowing his feelings for Maggie to fester. Although Laura's actions and her request were selfish and disrespectful, Ryan dishonored himself and his wife through his involvement with Maggie. In the end, Laura really should have taken time to consider whether Ryan's hypocrisy was a threat to her likelihood of future happiness and satisfaction if she remained his wife.

I have enjoyed all of your submissions, @fritz51, and certainly do not believe you are a misogynist. There is a clearly misogynistic flavor, however, in both this plot line and your "Answer to Willowghby" earlier in these comments. This is not at all your usual approach to such matters. I hope you can receive these observations in the caring and appreciative spirit they are offered. If so, please dispassionately review and reconsider Ryan's words and actions.

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

Two wrongs doesn't make a right: they were both wrong in their actions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
Future stories by me will likely not allow ANON comments. To those who would like to leave a reasonable comment and won't be able to, I apologize.