Weak in the Knees Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Diego swept Daniel with a cold look that clearly communicated that he wasn't interested, hoping the rest of his group backed him up. There was something very off-putting about this guy and not just his behavior on the dance floor with Zach. "I'm sure your friend's eyes are capable of checking out our group from where you were. You were the one who headed over here. Your desperation is showing."

Daniel looked Diego over for a moment before Zach pulled Daniel back a little bit and looked between the three of them. "I'm sorry. I'd tell you he's drunk and stupid, but really, he's just stupid. He's just curious as to the new addition inside our house, tiny one not included."

Daniel made a face at the "tiny one" comment, like the idea of being near Zach's baby was the last thing he wanted to do. That solidified Diego's distaste for the man instantly. He smiled warmly at Zach, however. "Well, you know what they say about curiosity and the cat. Is the Princess spending the night with her Nana?"

Zach chuckled and then nodded his head. "He's more of a rabid chihuahua than a cat, and yes, she is. Elias and Zayne think my social life is non-existent, so my mom offered to take her for the night. I'm glad to see you're getting some social time in too rather than just keeping your head in the books. Taking breaks from studying helps." Then Zach looked at Diego's friends and introduced himself and Elias, with an added, "And the idiot is Daniel, but don't mind him."

"Oh the boss!" Priya exclaimed. "It's so nice to meet you. Diego has been gushing about your daughter and how adorable she is. I'm Priya, and this is Rasul. Consider us Diego's besties."

Zach couldn't help but smile as he shook their hands. "It's nice to see Diego in a more relaxed setting. He's either in work mode at home or study mode."

Diego blushed slightly, reacting less stoically with the buzz he was feeling. The bartender had really made that latest drink very strong. Priya eyed him critically as she admired Zach's firm grip, "Yeah," she said, "he doesn't really know how to relax."

"Zach should teach you how," Elias joked. "He's always been the King of joking around and finding laughter in life."

Daniel snorted at that. "If that's what you want to call it. He's been boring lately, though."

Diego coolly appraised Daniel and still found him wanting, by his expression. "Some adjustments are bound to happen when an entire life depends on you for everything," Diego responded.

"Isn't that what people in your profession are for? To let parents be able to live a life beyond just being a parent?" Daniel asked.

Zach frowned at that. "You don't hire a nanny to have a social life. I hired Diego because everyone in my house also has careers of their own and we needed someone to watch Nadya while we work. I do everything I can once I come home. I'm not trying to work the man to death or not spend time with my daughter. I love her totally and completely and want nothing more than to get home to her snuggles."

"Yeah, he doesn't even snuggle with us anymore," Elias teased, which earned a laugh and slight shove from Zach. That only widened the grin on Elias' face. "Zachie pooh, I miss you."

"Oh shut up," Zach laughed.

"While some folks in your position do rely on paid labor to raise their children, most partnerships with childcare experts are limited," Diego stated. "No matter the arrangement, however, my off time is my own and I've spent quite enough of it being bothered by you," he said directly to Daniel, turning away from the high top table and striding confidently over to the bar to get another drink.

"Oh, I like this guy so much more now," Elias said to Zach, who had to nod his head in agreement while Diego's friends went to refresh their own drinks and make sure he was okay.

"He's a mouthy little brat, isn't he?" Daniel asked.

"Or he has standards, and you don't fit them," Zach said with a shrug. Then Zach used his fingers to count for a moment. "That's officially three dicks uninterested in you tonight. Don't worry. Someone will drop their standards down for you, though."

"He's not interested in you either, though," Daniel said with a shrug, which made Zach stare at him long and hard for a moment.

"Danny-boy, he's my employee," Zach stated. "There is a power differential there, and he'd probably hate to be in a position like that, and I understand that. I'm not using resumes and child care to meet a partner anyway. On that note, though, you've exhausted me and I just want my daughter."

Zach handed some cash to Elias and whispered something to him before he turned and walked away without saying goodbye to Daniel. Elias gave Daniel one last long look before he went over to the bar where the trio had gone, finally getting their new drinks and talking.

"Hey," Elias said as he came up. "I'm not going to apologize for Daniel because that's not on me, but Zach feels bad he dampened your night, so please accept a round or two on him, okay?"

Diego shook his head. "Zach didn't sour my stomach, that other guy did. He has no need to pay anything, though keeping that creep around probably isn't a good move in the long run. Thank you, though."

"He doesn't," Elias said quickly while he handed the cash over to Priya to take. "Keep him around, I mean. Zach doesn't like Daniel much but you know how it is when you kind of have a comfortable standard you fall in with someone you've known since you were young. We're mostly nice for Brielle's sake. I have no doubt Zach will punch him again eventually...I mean...Ugh, just forget I said that. Have a good night, you three."

"Well, that's interesting," Priya commented.

"That's one way to put it," Diego said, taking a large gulp of his drink. "I'm done thinking about wet blankets. Let's have some fun."

"About damn time," Rasul said and led them toward the dance floor.

Zach, on the other hand, headed home. He called his mom to find out that Nadya had already fallen asleep at their house, so he decided to leave it alone and just go back to the house. He took a long shower, trying to wash away the scent of the club and all of the annoyance at Daniel and the way he talked. He vaguely thought that Daniel's attitude probably looked pretty bad on Elias and him too, because you are who you associate with.

He didn't really want Diego to think badly about him, but he also wasn't going to sit and think of the why of that too much. Diego was his employee and he wanted the working relationship to work. That was the only acceptable answer.

He was wiped out again by the time he got into his room, barely managing to dry off his hair to his liking before he laid down. He'd worry about it later. Right now, there was a bed calling his name.