All Comments on 'Welcome Back Baby'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
OvercriticalOvercritical4 months ago

I thought this was going to be a story of h ow poor girl moves up in the world as rich boy learns how to deal with a very capable poor girl. The fact that they both fell back into their assigned roles made a lot of sense with the lingering idea that both Frank and Amber gained something from the experience. Perhaps both will set their sights just a little bit higher and move up. Sometimes a stone rolling uphill can gain speed if it is pushed along. 5* for the thought.

BlueFox007BlueFox0074 months ago

Thank you for a realistic telling of a common story. It rang so true for my wife and me, coal miners kids. Amber and Frank now need to look past their origins and enroll in college and get on with the rest of their life. I’d like to know how they are doing three years after Frank graduates from the University of Maryland and Amber from Johns Hopkins. Go kids, go!

Five stars.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

i feel sorry for Amber! I hope she didn't settle for less.

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An old story well told. 5 stars.

SoNaughtySoNaughty4 months ago

I thought your story was very good. It tells us how true love will work if you let it. She got her wild oats out of the way and realized her love of Frank will always be for her piece of mine. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good story, and well told. I enjoyed it.

BTW, it’s “po” side of town. At least that’s what Johnny says. I must’ve heard that song at least

20,000 times: it was very popular when I was in high school. ( yeah, I’m that old).

5 stars

trigudistrigudis4 months agoAuthor

This song resonated with me the first time I heard it back in 1967. I was still in high school, working part time near Pig Town, and I could picture a couple from the area going through what Frank and Amber experienced in my story. The characters fit the area and the area fit the characters. I guess I had a story in me then that finally came bursting out decades later.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not much of a love story just another fickle woman who’ll try trading up first chance she gets. Hopefully Frank will have the sense not to marry her.

Too easily did she take up with someone else using lies and deceit along the way. Dumbass takes her back cause the mother fed him the ‘she never stopped loving you line. Yeah right with her tongue down some other guys throat.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFire4 months ago

Christ…if I ever treated a guy this way and he took me back…I’d have to wonder if something is wrong with him

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiter3 months ago

Good story. Young people need to try things and make mistakes. And if they are smart, they will forgive themselves... And each other.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Great story. Reminded me a bit of Preserved in Amber, the first part. Graduated law school in Baltimore when it was still a good town, early 70s. Remember eating in Little Italy. Keep writing, you do good work. A 5 for sure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...