Welldark B1 Epilogue

Story Info
Just the Start.
2.6k words
4.89
6.6k
17

Part 12 of the 12 part series

Updated 08/01/2023
Created 01/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FanFunatic
FanFunatic
451 Followers

"Can you stop touching each other for, like, three seconds?!" Arlethia groaned.

I thoughtfully stared into the air, as if to consider it, then said, "No," and went back to kissing Esther. The lady of my love happily obliged my advances and soon I tasted the salted butter of the breakfast bread on her lips. My left arm was slung around her waist and glided over the curve of her hips with repetitive but always pleasing movements. How we had managed to actually eat our breakfast in between those make out sessions, I had no idea.

The succubus grumbled something frustrated. Her complaint was slightly hypocritical, as her tail was slung around Willt's arm. My good friend leaned back and concentrated on his cup of black tea. "I almost want to pray to fucking Jesus, as long as someone gets me away from your grope fest," Arlethia continued. "Seriously, you were the same kind of laughably awkward yesterday as you were for the past three months and then you suddenly fuck and now you're just completely attached to each other, what the fuck happened?"

"My beloved Karitas knew what to say," Esther answered when our kiss came to an end. It was replaced with her embracing me and pressing her boobs against my shoulder. "If our behaviour is annoying you, you're advised to leave. I will not stop."

"I think she's just jealous," I noted and looked over to Willt. "How about you give your sex demon some head pats? Maybe that will fix her moodiness."

"Listen here you arrogant- Oh, that's pretty nice actually," the red-skinned succubus trailed off when her warlock boyfriend did as advised and ran his hands over her dark red hair. Soon, she contentedly swayed her head. Arlethia moved her own chair closer to her man to do a bit of cuddling. All conversation was temporarily put on hold as we instead indulged in our chosen partner.

"Good girl," Willt said. Without blushing despite Esther being around, while continuing to pat his future Queen. I was happy that they, after several months, still behaved like I and Esther did after just one night. That our relationship would be just as, if not more, successful was a certainty in my mind. That the warlock no longer behaved overly shy around my raven-haired lady was also a point of joy. Friends getting along with each other was always desirable.

"But seriously though," Arlethia sounded calmer now but, knowing her, the initial tone had been hyperbole anyway, "what happened?"

Willt kissed her on the forehead and answered before I could, "Something like what happened with us, I would say. Often, it just takes one proper conversation to put everything in the right perspective. Remember how your confession shifted my entire image of you and suddenly we were dating?"

"Given that I wanted to die for the first ten minutes of that, I don't think I could ever forget," Arlethia shivered from the past embarrassment. "I said so many stupid things in so little time."

"So you talked slower than normal?" I asked.

"Ha-ha," Arlethia returned a dry, faked laugh. "Let's laugh at the succubus that had trouble confessing. Come on, get it all out, I'll kick you when you least expect it and then I'll laugh!"

"Hey, whenever you want to surrender our verbal war, I'm happy to make peace and not make fun of you at every opportunity."

"Why should I surrender? My victory is at hand!"

Willt looked at the display of his Ashod and finished his tea. "We will be late for class if we don't go now." He pushed up his red-tinged, round glasses and got up. "You coming, Karitas?"

Just like them, I had a class in the second block of the day, while Esther had a few more hours to kill before having to go to the university grounds. Even now that we were officially a couple, an Anomalia even, the flow of time continued as before. The world felt different to us, but it was still the same. Giant burdens were off my shoulders and now I could just continue on without feeling like I was aging at thrice the speed.

"Go ahead, I want to enjoy the morning for a little bit longer," I told them.

"So, you're going to skip out and fuck all day?" Arlethia asked.

"I would not approve of that," Esther shook her head and kissed my neck. "He will act responsibly."

"If I have to," I grinned and took the warning pinch in my side with a happy giggle. Then we kissed again. We forgot the world around us for as long as it took the front door to close behind Willt and Arlethia. "Is there seriously no way I can convince you that we should go back to the bedroom?"

"We already had sex this morning," Esther reprimanded me. "Although I share your desire to repeat the sensation as often as possible, it is just as inadvisable to spend all of our time in coitus as it would be consuming alcohol."

"Are you afraid you might get addicted?" I teased.

"No, given your proclivity in this area of life, I am certain I will become addicted to it," she returned in her usual, stern fashion. "Which is exactly why I will not set a precedent and allow us to forego our mundane lives in favour of shutting ourselves in. If we cross that line, I find it too likely we're just going to forget everything but each other." She must have read on my face that I didn't think that was the worst fate ever. Sighing, she added, "Do not forget that you have a harem to build for yourself."

"Don't you mean for us, my Queen?" I wanted to know.

"If we do it right, I will enjoy my fellow lovers. It motivates you more than it motivates me, however, and right now I need to stir you into getting up and going to your classes."

I looked down on myself. "It will be rather difficult to stand up while you're still holding onto me."

"If you jog the way, I estimate you still have a few minutes," she asserted and leaned up. Our lips met for a quick peck, then she rested her head on my shoulder. "If you do not mind the question," she whispered into the quiet we shared, "why did you come to Welldark? My path brought me here to avoid people inhabiting the more prestigious Cosmic Universities, but I do not think this limitation applies to you. Was it just to stay with your friends?"

"No, although that helped motivate the decision," I answered and then, careful to make every word as clear as possible, presented my real reason. "In the time between graduation and arriving here, I travelled to a few different worlds. I evaluated whether or not I even wanted to attend one of these places. Torn between multiple paths that opened themselves to me, I decided to try and see what I could read from the world and conjured a vision. It took a fair bit to get all the necessary materials and learn the basics, but that's a different story entirely. What I saw were two things. I saw a girl with a bleeding back under a starless sky and I saw Welldark." I stopped for a moment and looked at her. "I would say that girl was you, dear Esther."

She furrowed her eyebrows, the news seemed to confuse her more than upset her. "It was not a starless night," she let me know. "Regardless of the shifted detail, this is peculiar. Is history already written, perhaps."

"It is not."

"You sound certain of that."

"Because I am sure." I looked deep into her amber eyes. "There is no entity that can control history. Fate is dead and we're all the makers of our own paths. What glimpses of what is likely and what is not we can conjure, they're no guarantees. Our world is not determined from before we are born. Our stories are our own and for the two of us," I smiled, infinitely grateful that we were now each other's partner, "this is just the start."

_________________________________________

_________________________________________

_________________________________________

HELLO!

Before anything else, I want to thank the proofreaders that have accompanied me along this project. My first thanks goes out to Omnius, who has steadily supplied me with feedback all the way through the making of this book. He is closely followed by Dan and Lim, both of whom often gave me advice in terms of planning and a good amount of feedback themselves. Further thanks go out to WolfOfParis, Dawodd, and everyone else who helped with the project in any ways, however little.

A second group that deserves my thanks is YOU, my 'normal' readers. I appreciate that you decided to give these stories of mine your time. Be it for the lewds, the banter, the worldbuilding or whatever else may make you interested in my body of work, I'm glad to supply entertainment. A special thanks to all my Supporters who support me financially and make writing a possible effort, financially.

Now, to start with my actual Author's Note.

In case this is the first of my works you have read, let me introduce myself. I go by Funatic and I write stories of the kind I like to read. Originally, this was limited to some porn on a website I frequented. That site has a branching function that allows people to add their own spin to stories, as long as the owner of that story is fine with it. I used it to add the kind of erotica I liked to read, whether that was in terms of quality, attention to certain details over others, or kinks.

As my skill grew, I got a bit higher aspiration. I wanted to write stories that were good without the lewd bits and just have lewd bits in them for whoever might enjoy them.

Aside from one project, which is deliberately all porn, I think I have succeeded in this. Sure, this very book wears its intention on its sleeve, Karitas is an open pervert, but I would say I have brought to you more than just pornography. If you come to my body of work just to have a quick wank, I think you won't leave satisfied anyway...

Anyway, I write stories with attractive characters and when I feel it's appropriate, I make the attractive characters bang. I have no publisher that stops me, no employer to justify my decisions to, just my own creativity to rely on, on whose basis I may fail or succeed. God bless the Free Market.

Welldark originally spawned in March 2019, when I was bored and decided to create a little prologue for a premise I had in mind already. There were a couple of goals: 1. A situation in which harems were logical. 2. Monster girls 3. University setting 4. Dimensional travelling. The shape this took pretty quickly resembled a mixture of Highschool DxD and RWBY. I don't care to hide the parallels, but I don't plan to skirt particularly close to either in terms of actual content. I regard both as rather poor in terms of storytelling. The mechanics are interesting enough though.

As I realized I did want to write this but also knew I would be hard-pressed to make this another weekly release project, I decided to try another approach and actually write a book for once. Usually, I write a chapter, let the proofreaders check it for spelling and logic mistakes and push it out there without really editing a whole lot. I wondered (and still wonder at the time of writing this) how my body of work would change if I finished an entire book first and then took the time to refine the entire thing.

The decision was made, I started writing Welldark and, about a year later, on the third of May 2020, I had the first draft finished. That was also when I wrote this note.

I like the book I wrote and the world attached to it, from what has been shown to what is beyond the current scope of necessary details. I hope you like as well what came of the final draft.

Originally, I had pretty big plans for what would all happen in the first book, but to get to any actual action, I would have needed to rush the romance along and I just didn't want to do that. I have botched a fair bit of romance plots in my days because I wanted to get to something else. At least for this book, I wanted to make the love something that felt like it came about believably.

So, it was basically all about Esther and Karitas, with some structural building blocks of Welldark at the side. Those will be necessary going forwards. I have a good number of ideas where I want to take the story next. More harem/Anomalia members are a given. I don't think it'll surprise anybody if I say that a few have been shown already in this book, be it only for a few paragraphs.

I don't think I will dedicate a book to the addition of any one girl. More likely, a lot of plots will run in parallel and some will resolve whenever it is natural, as life runs its course. That is how I prefer to plot things. For the moment, I will concentrate on what ideas I have for Karitas' university years. Should this world prove to be popular by the end of then, then I will likely continue with my adventures beyond. If not, then I will find an appropriate ending point.

That's talking years into the future though.

What follows is 2021 Funatic. The first round of edits has been completed.

I discovered a couple of things in the process. Mostly just how much I improved between the first and last chapter of the book. Early chapters were almost entirely rewritten, be it due to character inconsistencies, bad speech patterns, or (most frequently) strictly awfully constructed paragraphs.

The increase in quality is undeniable. Perhaps I will make the first draft of this book available along the published version, just for people curious on what changed. I will have to ponder if that is a worthwhile thing to do. (Note: I ultimately decided against this).

As big as the quality increase is, I also discovered that I loathe editing. It is incredibly dull to read what you wrote yourself, knowing every intention and every follow-up sentence. It's the literary equivalent of playing Minecraft with cheats enabled. You may build something grand, but did you really earn it? Similarly, can you enjoy a narrative construction you know inside out already?

I will stick to it, because it is a good thing to do for the final product. It's just boring, is what I am getting at. Not that this, being my job, can and should only consist of things that please me. I just shouldn't hate my life because of it. Ultimately, the goal is to provide the best story I can. This aids in that goal so some suffering is completely bearable.

I'm basically just rambling at this point. I just don't know what much to say, so I guess I will keep to the good old adage that silence is gold and say my goodbyes.

Hope to see you for Welldark Book 2,

Funatic.

Y'ello, 2022 Fun here. Thank you all for reading the public release. If it's not too much to ask, please leave a Review/Comment on this story if you enjoyed it and maybe recommend it to a friend or two. This was a lot of work and I frankly need a lot of eyeballs on it to keep doing this as a job.

FanFunatic
FanFunatic
451 Followers