Wellstone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled viciously. "Just as you will! They will all see those marks and know you took me against my will!"

He laughed then. "Oh no, my Little Mouse. Do not dissemble. You can hate yourself for it all you want, but you loved every minute of what happened in my bed. You were a very active and happy participant. You wouldn't have let me stop if I had wanted to. Are you going to lie to me and say you didn't love it?"

"Let me loose! I am not going down there like this!"

"Embarrassed? No possibility of it being worse than what you did to me. You'll live through it."

He made another motion to the servants and she was led to a short stool so they could fix her mussed hair. She glared at him in the mirror as he watched her, but he didn't see it. He was watching her, his eyes sad. She could tell it hurt him deeply, the way she was treating him and even the way he was treating her. He finally met her eyes in the mirror and schooled his expression. She looked away, her face reddening in real shame. He didn't get to make her feel bad! She tried to convince herself of that as tears threatened and her nose burned like it always did before she cried. Damn him!

As soon as the servants finished, he sent them away. He moved closer to her, his fingers trailing down her bound arms. "If you promise to behave, I will release you and take the collar off. I need your word though."

"Let them all know I am your prisoner," she snapped. "Prove to all of them that you truly are a monster."

He sighed, then stepped back and motioned to the guards. They lifted her, one on each arm. They followed Ander all the way back down to the huge banquet hall where the loud wave of voices crashed over her and made her wince from down the hall.

"Why are you doing this?" she cried in a panic. "Why tie me up like this?"

"You are the one who said you would end yourself. There will be knives, forks, and other implements. I am removing the temptation for you to hurt yourself or me," he answered, pausing. "If it bothers you so much, make the promise and I will remove them."

She scowled up at him and pressed her lips together, refusing to promise him anything. He looked her over for a long moment, then sighed and turned. The guards dragged her along behind him.

When they entered, the entire room went silent and everyone stood. There wasn't even a whisper as he went to his chair next to his parents, then pulled her chair out for her so the guards could push her into the chair. Ander tucked her up to the table, then sat himself.

Poppy stared hard at the table in front of her, her cheeks suffusing with heat and color. Everyone was staring at her, hundreds of people.

"What happened to your face?" his mother asked in a harsh whisper.

"Lovers spat," he answered, leaning on the arm of his chair with a dark expression.

"She should be in the dungeons on a rack," his father snarled. "Not out here being celebrated."

"I already told you, this is my choice, not yours."

"The things she accused you of! Her lies should be punished!" his mother insisted.

"She wasn't lying. I made her life hell for years. I was everything she said I was. Let it go, done is done."

"We will speak of this later," his father said, his eyes darting around.

The room was still deathly quiet, everyone watching the head table with unease. Ander made a gesture to one of his friends and he immediately stood. "A toast," he said shakily. "To the happy couple. When..." he cleared his throat uncomfortably, his face turning a blotchy red. "When Ander told us he wanted to get to know Poppy, none of us could really believe it. She... umm... she quickly made it into all of our hearts and was one of us. She was so shy at first, but seeing how they looked at each other... Umm... But Ander brought her out of her shell. They are perfect together, so happy... umm... uhh... anyway, here's to the happy couple," he said, raising his cup and then downing all of it.

Ander knew he had had a long drawn out toast written out, but all of it was lies now. The toast did have the intended effect though, as everyone raised the cup to toast. After that, people began speaking quietly as the courses were being brought out. Ander beckoned one of the servants. "Cut up her food and feed her," he demanded, gesturing to Poppy.

"I'm not hungry," Poppy answered angrily.

"You will eat, Poppy, or I will have you force fed. You'll not starve yourself either. Drink," he demanded, lifting her glass of wine to her lips.

She made a noise of protest, but swallowed as he tipped it up. As soon as he lowered it, she looked around the room angrily. "Do none of you care what a monster he is?!?" she screamed in accusation.

Ander quickly clamped his hand over her mouth and pressed his lips to her ear. "Do I need to gag you too, Poppy? They have gags in the dungeon, ones that force your mouth wide open. You won't be able to speak, but you will still be forced to eat."

A voice rang out then, another one of Anders' friends. "What she is saying is only a partial truth," he said loudly. "We were cruel to her. What she fails to mention is how she treated us first. Also, Ander was never a part of it. He allowed it, but it was us who tormented her, said awful things, pulled pranks on her. She said awful things to all of us first, before she even knew us.

When Ander tried to be nice to her this last year, apologize and make up for what we did as kids more than three years ago, she refused to hear him out. Instead, she planned this elaborate ruse to hurt him, get him back for the abuse she suffered at our hands. Not his. Never his. She made him fall in love with her, she made all of us believe she fell in love with him. Agreed to marry him. All for the moment you all witnessed earlier. It is not Ander who is the monster here. Not at all. Maybe we were cruel when we were children, but we grew up. Tried to make it up to her. She only cultivated her anger though, and lied to everyone. We never..."

"It's alright Jaed," Ander said standing, motioning to a guard to keep Poppy quiet. "Perhaps you do all deserve an explanation. What Jaed told you is true, but for one thing. I did hit her once, our first year, when we were alone and she said something scathing and mean to me. After that, I did let my companions do as they would with her. She had hurt my pride, my ego.

Once I got older, I realized that wasn't who I wanted to be. I was a boy throwing a tantrum. By then, I thought she had left, she was no longer at Wellstone. Word came that she would be back the next year. We were not, we served in the war.

When we all returned this last year, I had not realized she still saw us as the same cruel kids. She had not seen us change. She had changed. Blossomed into a lovely young lady. I was immediately smitten. She refused to even speak to me no matter how hard I tried to get into her good graces.

When I saw her give her attention to another, I was unaccountably jealous. I knew she did not like me, she was not mine to be jealous over, but all the same. I was. I spoke to him, paid him to leave Wellstone. He promised he would, but to come to a certain place at a certain time of day. He did not say why. When I arrived, he was forcing himself on her. I stopped him and it seemed as though I was saving her from him. He had done it on purpose, a parting gift because we had been friends. I did not want him to do any such thing, but he thought it would endear me to her.

I knew she was smarter than that and would see right through it. When she seemed not to, when she clung to me as if I were her hero, I should have realized she was playing me false. It never occurred to me she could hold a grudge so long, so hard. That she would give an entire year of her life getting back at me. I am to blame in part of this, but one thing has not changed. I still care for her. She is still my wife and no matter what your feelings are about what happened, you will still treat her with respect. That is all I will say about the entire situation. Please. Enjoy the feast. You will all understand, I think, if my wife and I retire early tonight."

Ander moved away from the table and motioned the guard away, then pulled her back up to his room himself. When they were on the stairs, she yanked hard, trying to pull out of his grip. "You are a liar," she cried.

"No," he replied, his grip firm.

"You are! Josepe never would have done that unless you told him to!"

"You didn't know Josepe at all," he said with a snort. "Did you think everything you were told was a lie? He was well known for wooing girls and he wasn't always choosy about how willing they were. Didn't you even ask around about it? Or did you just assume I was lying and lay that at my feet too? No. That was all his doing. I wanted no part of it."

"I don't believe you!" she sobbed as he pulled her into his rooms.

He locked the door, then released her, turning to look down at her. "You don't have to believe me. I'll have him brought up. He has a place in the royal guard, it was part of the deal I made him to leave Wellstone. Is that what you wish?"

"No! I never want to see him again!"

"As you please then. I am tired, Poppy. This day has been emotionally draining. I will release you to see to your ablutions before I secure you to the bed for the night," he said, weary resignation in his voice.

Poppy stood silently, facing away from him, not wanting him to see her cry yet again. He released her hands and followed her as far as the bathing chamber door, then turned his back.

"Please, can I be alone for this?" she asked quietly.

He sighed and stepped out. When he began feeling nervous about how long she was taking, she finally came out in a long white nightgown. She stood quietly with her head down and he led her to the bedroom. She noted then that long leather straps had been secured to the bedposts. All four of them. The two lower posts had leather cuffs on them as well, for securing her ankles she imagined.

He pulled back the blankets and laid her down, then locked both of her cuffs to one strap. He pulled the blankets up, then turned and left after blowing out the lamps. She laid there alone and cried herself to sleep. He never came back in or laid down next to her.

A servant woke her in the morning, unlocking her hands and politely told her there was oatmeal with fruit and a glass of milk waiting for her when she was ready to eat.

Poppy looked around when she went out to the sitting room, but it was empty. The bathing chamber was as well. The servant, whose name was Lynda, was her only companion all day long.

Late that evening, as night was falling, Ander finally came in. He looked awful, but Poppy looked away before he looked at her. She stood, putting the book she had been reading down and went to the bedroom, not wanting to see him. She was silent when he came in later and secured her wrist to the strap. He didn't speak either.

Another day passed the same, the only difference was that there was a small stack of books on the table instead of just one. Poppy got to know Lynda well and listened to stories about her grandchildren and even stories that got slipped in about Ander as a child.

That night, he never came into the bedroom, not even to secure her. The following night either. Every day, he looked worse and worse when he came in of an evening. Her heart broke more and more, but she refused to give and go to him. As much as she wanted to hug him and curl up with him and tell him how much she did care, she refused to give in to the feelings. She hated seeing him so distraught though. It wasn't fair to play to her sympathies that way!

The sixth night, she woke and saw light coming from under the door. She slipped out of bed and crept close, listening. There was no sound, only the light. She silently opened the door the tiniest crack and peeked out. He was there, at the table. His head in his hands, his shoulders hunched, looking utterly defeated. Her heart hurt with a real physical ache watching him.

She slipped out the door and stole silently across the room, then slipped her arms around his neck and rested her chin on his head. He jumped when she touched him, then went still and very stiff. "I am not in the mood for more games, Poppy. I cannot bear it any more."

"Come to bed," she said softly.

"So you can hurt me again? I cannot Poppy."

"Come to bed Ander. Please?

He sighed in resignation, then stood up. He looked miserable as she took his hand and pulled him back to the bedroom.

She climbed into bed and waited for him to pull his shirt off and get into bed before pulling his arm opening so she could lay on his shoulder. He held her against him stiffly, waiting for her to say or do something awful. She snuggled closer, curling in against him and slid her hand across his chest.

"Good night," she whispered.

She fell asleep in his arms. She woke up before he did in the morning and she could tell he was passed out, clutching her against him tightly. He didn't care if it was another trick, he'd needed to hold her. She squirmed slightly and his grip loosened though he slept one. She imagined he hadn't gotten much sleep the last few days. Had he really been hurting so much or was he trying to fool her now? She didn't really care right this moment.

She looked up at him as she reached down and untied his breeches. That brought him awake quickly as he raised up to blink down at her in confusion. She didn't try to explain or wait for his brain to catch up, she pulled him down into a kiss. He didn't hesitate, kissing her passionately and almost roughly. She shoved his pants down and pulled her gown up, him raising up so she could, but his lips never left hers. He was leaning up on one elbow, but with his free hand, he reached down and slid his fingers between her legs. She jerked back with a gasp as his fingertips found their mark quickly.

"Oh! Yes, I want that!" she pleaded as he rolled his fingers over her nub gently. Her fingers slid into his hair as she pulled him down to kiss him again. She needed him, wanted him as he had taken her that first day and she knew she was ready for him. She pulled back breathlessly. "Now, please Ander," she begged, pulling his hand away and pulling him higher.

She wasn't sure what happened then, he took hold of her and spun. She threw her arms around his neck as she tried to orient herself. He was sitting up, her on his lap straddling him. He lifted her and she felt his cock press against her. "Yes!" she breathed, looking up at him from inches away. He stared down at her, his eyes glazed with need as he eased her down on him. He pushed into her as she lowered herself and she sighed into his neck. She held him close as she rode him gently and he held her against him with one arm, while his other hand gripped her hip and partially cupped her ass as he guided her rhythm. She pulled him down to kiss him again, her fingers tangled in his hair. She quickened her pace, despite his guidance, knowing she needed to more to bring herself where she wanted to go. His groan told her he was close and she leaned back to ride him wildly and recklessly.

It hit her like a wave, crashing down on her and he had to hold her as her back arched and she almost fell off of him. He went up on his knees and laid her on the bed, riding out her throbbing and squeezing. When her body began relaxing and her walls unclenched from around his cock, he began driving into her roughly, looking for his own release. It happened quickly, moments after hers.

He lay over her, both of them sticky with sweat, both of them relearning how to breathe. He knew it was another trick, another way to hurt him, but he didn't care. If it wasn't a trick, then she had only wanted this. The momentary pleasure.

"Mmmm," she sighed happily, contentedly. "I need a bath now, but... hold me just a few more minutes?"

He knew he shouldn't. He knew the longer he let her toy with him, the longer he played her game, the harder he would fall when she yanked the rug out from under him again.

He laid down next to her and held her against him. That had been amazing. She had been amazing. He hated that he was so weak, that he had given in to her so easily even though he knew she was toying with him.

She snuggled into him and slid her fingers up to play with his hair. It felt good. He wanted so badly for it to be real. He could pretend for just a few moments, couldn't he? He squeezed her tight and closed his eyes.

He woke up with a jerk and sat up. She was gone. He got up and grabbed his pants, pulling them on as he hurried out to the front room. She was there, curled up with a book. She looked up at him and smiled. "How did you sleep? Sorry if I shouldn't have let you sleep so long, you looked like you needed it. There have been knocks but I didn't want to touch your keys."

"Thanks," he offered, at a loss.

"I bathed without you too," she said, blushing and looking back to her book quickly. For all the world as if she had tried to say it flirtingly but had made herself blush by saying it out loud.

Should he play her game? Should he show her he was able to play along without getting too invested too?

"Doesn't mean you can't join me in mine," he said, moving to take her book from her.

She smiled shyly and got up, taking the hand he was offering. He had expected her to find some excuse, or to slip out of her role, but she didn't. She did bite her lip and turn red as he undressed and climbed into the hot water, but she was also smiling slightly. She knelt next to the large tub and pushed her sleeves up before picking up a cloth and dipping it in the water.

"I don't want you to bathe me Little Mouse," he said gently. "Join me," he said, watching her carefully.

He saw excitement flit across her face, and something else. Like she was sneaking a treat and afraid she would get caught, but still being a little thrilled about it. She stood and took hold of her gown. "Turn around," she said, hesitating. He smiled slightly and turned to look at the other wall. He heard the soft swish of the fabric, and then felt her as she stepped into the water. She eased into the water, sitting facing away from him on his lap. She laid her head back on his chest and pulled his hands up to wrap around her. When she sighed, it sounded so perfectly content and real. He desperately wanted to believe it.

She stroked his arm in the water, tracing her fingers over him lightly as if she were thinking far off thoughts. "Ander?" she asked finally.

"Mmm Little Mouse?"

"Do you swear you did not know about Josepe? It wasn't your plan for him to do that to me?"

"I will never lie to you my love," he whispered. "It was all his idea, I never knew his plan until I walked in."

She sighed again and turned her head to lay on his chest as if she may fall asleep there. It was so quiet and peaceful and serene, he wanted it to last forever.

A knock on the outer door, a pounding, made them both jump. He sighed. "I suppose we should finish up so I can go see what is so important," he said softly.

She nodded and turned, taking up the cloth again. He watched her face as she took the soap up and began scrubbing him clean. Her eyes said she liked what she saw and it was almost as if she were truly seeing him for the first time. Her eyes raised to his and he could see the heat in them.

She moved closer, dropping the soap and cloth, taking hold of his face to pull him into another kiss. She rolled her hips against his manhood, waking it up instantly. He leaned back, pulling her with him so he could guide himself into her again. She lowered herself with a whimper of pleasure as his hand went to her breast to squeeze gently and run his thumb over her nipple. As she raised herself up and leaned in close enough to suck his lower lip into her mouth and tug on it with her teeth, the door slammed open.