All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 21'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentover 4 years ago
Did not see that coming.

Diving right back in, for a now slow and careful reread. Also, thanks for getting back on schedule. My addiction for this story thanks you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Oh

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5

Another wonderful chapter with 5*. Only one request. Please make it 2ice a week with 2 full pages each.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks! Eagerly Waiting for next

Entertaining

LatinLearnerLatinLearnerover 4 years ago
Annoying gendering

I find this focus on the gender which is en vogue nowadays extremely annoying. It creates a ideological malformed language which is horrible to read. Even so it seems to be relevant for the future story it would be easier to read to just follow Penchen conventions and call them "she".

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago

I was not expecting that turn of events. Perhaps I should have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another great addition

Another great chapter! I so look forward to each chapter. This one did not fail to disappoint. The build up to the next war is rolling along at just the right pace while the build up to the next personal “war”, on multiple fronts, is very entertaining! Can’t wait to see how Cook and the people who love him work this one out! Oh!

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 4 years ago
That was

really touching with Tudino. She really isn't the sexiest nor prettiest, but she's the most adorable and lovable because she does speak and act from the heart a lot. I certainly hope you were not foreshadowing her death with that premonition, as it would be a GREAT loss to not have that chemistry and interaction. She's the funniest and most direct one of them all.

I'll admit you threw me with Themis having a boy and then Isaal changing into a female for Cook. Boy...this guy's slaying them left and right! That said, glad you're painting his silent speech as "not wanting" to have sex with everything that moves--especially to show that him sharing Avette's hemmer didn't turn him on at all.

I'm REALLY starting to wonder how much of a curve ball you have for us when Isaal shows up female. I had Isaal pegged for female on how she kept such a huge secret, because only someone that REALLY loves another will keep that under wraps.

Of course, that set up with the central and southern armies being so effectively useless makes me wonder how much extra maneuvering Cook will have to do to make up for it, although the Penchens are faster reloaders and efficient mercenaries. Are you possibly setting them up to align with the Westrons? I'm thinking you're leaning that way, and that perhaps although Senau is nearly always impassive, that perhaps there's something getting relayed back to the Penchen king that this "Pylosian Cook" is something to STRONGLY consider.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 4 years ago
Cook and Isaal? In_teresting...

How is THAT going to last?

If it works at all;

with Penchens hemmers lasting

quite a bit...

This is an unexpected twist. (grin)

Thanks to the author for this

entertaining saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I agree with LatinLearer, gender is all the rage and I hope you aren’t going to moralize about how “people are people” and all that tripe. You have already made that point with the absurdity of a female army.

Otherwise you are my favorite currently writing author here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There is a personal experience that seems germane to the sexuality of Penchens.

I have a fellow commenter on a science site. We are often in agreement, and even when not, it can be a very educating and enlivening experience. I wish I knew this person in real life, I admire them, esteem them greatly. I suspect them of being a female, 'she' is smarter than I. But I really don't know. Male or female,, what age,, it matters not. Laughing,,, but I do wonder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My two cents

I like the story and I like it a LOT.

But to me the last three parts are, in some way, quite disappointing.

They look like a framework without almost any content.

Please read pt 10 or pt 6 or pt 13 and you'll find the difference, a total different style.

Instead the last three are Wham bam thank you ma'am....

I'm waiting for the next part to rate (I always rated you 5 stars, till now).

And please DON'T kill Tudino!!! We all love her!

Thank you for the great story, hope you can go back to your old style!

My nickname TuscanSi

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Plot Twist

I would love for the Polynesians to show up...

lastman416lastman416over 4 years ago
Oh, wow...

You’re going there. Excellent development that shakes things up.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderover 4 years ago
Strange Planet

For some reason, I picture the Penchans as being the beings from the comic Strange Planet. Just started the story a few days go and really enjoying it. Definitely one of the best I’ve ever read here.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great story, it's a pleasure to read... except for all the 'new age' whining about gender. If undetermined, refer to them all as female. Done, situation resolved, move on. We don't need to be reminded of the stupidity and narcissism running rampant in our world today.

SkiingphotogSkiingphotog8 months ago

They and them. Grammatically correct as well. This shit isn't that hard.

Comentarista82Comentarista8213 days ago

Yeah, it's official: Tudino REALLY tugs at my heartstrings--especially when she says, "Ï wish I were a hybrid!!"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 20 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info