All Comments on 'Westrons Pt. 31'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 102 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great story and a worthwhile ending.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 4 years ago
Very Well Done

This entire series has been entertaining, thrilling, aggravating, and altogether amazing. I am so glad that in the end the family tried to work things out with Tallia and Senau. Cook had too many lovers, it hurt that Tallia basically abandoned him and their children, but it helped. It allowed a greater definition of his character, and those around him, to developed. Thank you.

-J

PS: I hated almost all of your cliffhangers. Only because the next chapter couldn't instantly be there. Good work.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 4 years ago
Good stuff mate

I do enjoy your writing as I have often stated - I hope to continue enjoying many more of your stories for a long time

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well done

First of all, congratulations!

I enjoyed the ending, felt right for me. A few open ends but I can live with that.

My question is simple.....what now? Is there a part 2 of westrons or something new on the horizon?

Either way, Thank you for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

Great imagination and delightful eroticism set in an imaginary future world in an imaginary but believable story! I really look forward to your next essay however long that may take!

Sean1959Sean1959over 4 years ago
Thank you

This has been one of the best stories I have read on this site,.

I have found it both well written, and the premise very engaging.

Great job 5 stars .

Sean

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Enjoyed this series, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bittersweet

Sorry to see the story end but happy to have read it. Looking forward to your next one!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago

As I said on the last chapter, great wrap-up. Too many harem stories just add and add harem members... and then they fade into the background. I liked the way you covered everyone and had some of them move on with their lives.

Also, not sure why you're going with the two differently-sized rifle balls instead of just "inventing" the Minie ball.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I am going to miss these people!

Great story!I

bucksumgalbucksumgalover 4 years ago
Good place to end

It was a good place to end. The wars are over. Relationships are settled. Having said that, I'd love to read more stories from this society you created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Highly recommended

I will look forward to your next story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you!

What a wonderful series! I'm so glad I found your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Just wanted to say thank you for your time and talent in sharing this story with us!

Richard

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The End

Spectacular. I would say that I am not as big of a fan of the whole Tallia situation. Mostly, it just feels tragic to me considering that it was entirely of her own making, her own inability to communicate.

But you wove it into the story very well, and it adds quite a bit to the story. I am actually glad that you didn't go through the normal route that most writers would go through and kill off Senau.

Can't wait for your next work, they are always so uplifting, but yet heartbreaking. You manage to capture the struggles of everyday life, and indeed almost every life with amazing consistency. Though, if I may, I would like to request that you let us via the appendix if Isa ever bears Cook a child. Makes me wonder if pylosian male/penchen female combo can't generate a kid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Thank you for this great tale. It has been a very enjoyable journey.

DownUnderThunderDownUnderThunderover 4 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for writing such a great story! I have truely enjoyed reading this series, you have a great ability for world building! I'll look forward to other stories in the future.

LalawmanLalawmanover 4 years ago
Truly excellent storytelling

Magnificent and compelling. Please continue your stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Blue Star Falls Slowly

A war has been raging and now as the Doradytes have pushed them back a flight of fighters out of fuel tumble from the sky at night. A toddler at the time of cooks leaving finds herself in need of a friend and a rescue ship is on the way. The President’s Hidden Enemy revealed.

MrOuchMrOuchover 4 years ago
Amazing!

This story has simply been amazing! Thank you!

ElonPaulElonPaulover 4 years ago
Sad about ending

I am a bit like senau

So never commented

Really sad that westrons has ended

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sorry to see it end

But looking forward to you starting something new !

Ebronco1968Ebronco1968over 4 years ago
Enjoyed!

Thank you for your time, imagination and effort!

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 4 years ago
The Best.

The title says it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You’re on a great creative roll

Westrons and Vannerbehn’s are two fantastic series so what’s next? No pressure after W and V right:). Seriously, all of your enthusiastic fans eagerly await what’s next.

tbakkytbakkyover 4 years ago
For Me

The story ended in chap 30.Maybe Cook can give both Kanitz and Tallia a pair of Dildoes in his size as parting gifts?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I said it before,,,

As before, you are a story teller. A very pleasurable read, and something that could have been told verbally, by the light of the evening fire.

NewnotsureNewnotsureover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for great story I was kind of looking for maybe the people from earth would come back and see how he got along.

mrigancbmrigancbover 4 years ago
Excellent

Greatly enjoyed the story and the arc.. it's good enough to be a published novel. Excellent work. The story does seem to have a few loose ends like what happens to the next war as there is no conclusive winner or the situation with the woles & penchens, etc.

Perhaps an prologue set sometime in the future might addess some of those issues.. maybe at Cooks funeral or some grand child's wedding or maybe even a 2-300 years later in a classroom history lesson on Cook, which can also show how the now so many hybrids have changed westrons society into more accepting of the other species of woles and penchens as they are no longer pure carnivores.

Ofcourse, this is all part of the imagination triggered by your masterful storytelling and the ending here is great as Cook has finally found a home and family to spend his life with.

Thank you for the effort and the entertainment.

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Remarkable

Remarkable series, thank you for it. Five Stars plus 50 for the whole series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Very creative story full of interesting characters. Well done!

gnomaddgnomaddover 4 years ago
Thank you.

i am sad to have reached the end of this journey. like any great tale i find myself considering what happily ever after each participant sought. your style and even your structure have grown right along with your stories. thanks for the ride and i look forward to what comes next.

Gnomadd

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo

Bravo on the series! Really enjoyed the detail to military history which was excellent and immersive. Looking forward to your next series!

VisitorAnonVisitorAnonover 4 years ago
good ending to a great story

This was a terrific story line. The romance, and sex were handled very well, and the military side was exceptionally well written. I had hoped that you would continue the story, and take it back to its origins, but as it stands it is one of my favorites on the site. I look forward to reading what's next.

gemman1gemman1over 4 years ago
Great story and Story Teller

This was a fantastic story. Could we have hoped for more.. yes. Having said that, you did a fantastic job! I can't wait to read what else you come up with. Keep up the Story telling.

Gemman

FumblingGazeFumblingGazeover 4 years ago
Beauty and potential

This has been a beautiful story and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to read it. You've provided me and others with joy doing something that (I hope and suspect) you love. It's a wonderful gift, thank you.

I really appreciate the way you've handled these characters and this world, and there is so much potential here that I can't help but be excited at the possibility of more. I'm imagining the future of the Westron Queendom and the clan of little Cooks. Which of them will follow in his footsteps, what intrigues and mischief will they create?

Looking forward to your future writings, whatever they may be. I've everything so far and you've only been getting better over time. Thanks again.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 4 years ago
Solid ending

and I can't complain much about how you chose to end it. I do hope you decide to revisit this from time to time (since Isa can change back for Cook), to add a chapter here and there.

I'm still mixed about reconciling with Senau, but I don't knock it, either. Liked you keeping Tudino on board because she was just that integral to it all. I certainly fell in love with her the first time she got wounded and slurred that hilarious phrase. It felt like the biggest surprise was Esyle reconciling them all because I hadn't perceived her growing that much.

Overall, great series. Loved the fact you didn't go overboard with making Cook a sex god, and you tried to make it realistic, which too many times seriously lacks in these kinds of stories. I really appreciated how you backed off going overboard on the sex, as it just felt so much better to feel their bonds in a more friendly and romantic sense. That was a rare, small twist I'm glad you decided on.

An overall 5 and yes I did rate this. For most things I can't find fault when viewing the series as a whole. Well done.

lastman416lastman416over 4 years ago
Ambitious story pays off!

I love the imagination and innovation that you put into Westrons. Aside from your usual excellent realistic and engaging take on relationships, this fantastic world was an engaging lens through which to view your story. And 31 chapters! I also liked the sweet ending.

Another thing that I enjoyed about your story was seeing how popular it became. Despite many of the less-than-constructive comments, the fact that so many people took the time to share how they felt about the story was very rewarding. Thanks for all of your hard work!

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 4 years ago
Thank you!

I appreciate your writing, and your story... no, it didn't end exactly as I expected, but I'm not disappointed with the ending. You can consider it, in a way, as almost a "happily ever after" ending. Not the worst choice by far!

At the beginning, I sort of figured that someone from "pylos" would eventually come to get him, or to insure his demise and that would start some other crap... I'm glad you didn't go that way!

The best thing I can say about your writing is that it's a good story! It could be told as sci-fi, or as history, or adapted for any other genre. You could leave out much of the hardcore sex and publish it. All this to say that the story stands up on its own.

I loved the story, and as I said before, I rarely read sci-fi, but a good story is a good story!

Lastly, I can't wait for your next tale :)... Thank you!

muze1602muze1602over 4 years ago
Thanks

And ended about right I think. Will miss looking forward to the next chapter but alas, all things must end to allow something else to rise in its place. Looking forward to that. Cheers

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaover 4 years ago
Was a wonderful story.

I really enjoyed reading it. I liked the multiple sapient species that evolved on one planet and have their own biological quirks. (And it was subtle, not so in your face like the Xindi in Enterprise). There was a great balance of story and sex. It's only a shame that Cook and Isa didn't also have a child. Yet life is full of unfortunate circumstances, no reason a story shouldn't be also.

Great job!

P.S. Anyone that enjoyed this theme, yourself included, might enjoy the Safehold series by David Weber.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Keep ruining the story with tallia and senau

I wish you would just make tallia and senau go their own way to penchen land, she barely visits anyways, so who the hell cares. A mother would go through hell to take care of her child, she just left it with her parents and sister for some bloody penchen. Stop making cook look like the bad guy, all those hemmers he attended,he had permission given by the sisters both of them, so he should not be getting guilt tripped every single chapter of the story. If you are going through a rough patch in your life, its starting to show in the story ( I hope you are well).

DrizdartDrizdartover 4 years ago
An amazing imagination

to develop the character, then the relationships, and then the world and its events.

I've enjoyed nearly all of the developments and appreciate the difficulty of finding a way to end that wasn't TOO dismissive, or that came from nothing in the story, or had other flaws. This one works well enough, albeit a bit too mechanistic as you talk about balance and completion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bittersweet ending or maybe just a pause

Not with a bang nor with a whimper. Rather with a sigh and a shrug as life goes on. No real need to add the usual remarks about the superb story telling. I’m torn between hoping you pick up some of the loose threads and looking forward to being surprised and delighted at your newest unique excursion. Why not both? I’m nothing if not greedy about requesting more fruits of your multifaceted imagination.

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 4 years ago
Nearly gutted!

Dear AE,

I am going to miss these characters so very much! Thanks for bringing them to life for us. Perhaps in three or four or seven years you can revisit this saga and see if there's new life in it.

Wonderful work. Well done sharing the credit with your editor - classy move.

I'm already looking forward to what you decide to share next!

Be well,

Mel

tenetiennetenetienneover 4 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your extraordinary world. I hope you will write again and ask us to pull up a chair and join you.

AxelottoAxelottoover 4 years ago
What a great ride this has been!

I'm sorry it will end, I have enjoyed it tremendously.

Axelotto

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Amazing

You are a gifted storyteller. I am not smart enough to provide constructive criticisms, so I just enjoy the worlds you create. Looking forward to your next tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Yes thank you for a creative story.

Many interesting characters and scenarios.

SkarredmindSkarredmindover 4 years ago
Bummed that its over

But can't wait for your next series!! Fantastic read!

doofus67doofus67over 4 years ago
Thank you so much...

... for delivering this truly wonderful unique story.

I'm sad it has come to an end, but i'm happy with the ending. I admit to being somewhat saddened with the conclusion of the Themis story arc, but i'm more than happy that Cook ended up with Isa, Esyle and Tudino, 3 of my favourite characters.

Speaking of characters, they were all wonderfully developed, it must have been fun yet challenging having so many different character types and inventing great names for them too.

Looking forward to the epilogue, and indeed your next story. Cheers

LatinLearnerLatinLearnerover 4 years ago
A praise of the author

Thank you for the great story! What a shame that it is already finished! But also great, that you have finished it now and have published it all in such a short time! There are other stories here, which run for years and have more than 100 or 200 parts. I really do not remember what happened one or two or five years ago.

I think I stumbled over your story list because of your RPG stories. I have not yet read everything you published here, so I have some more to read until you write your next stories. Looking forward to them.

jadedlonewolf89jadedlonewolf89over 4 years ago

Such a bittersweet end but so appropriate

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for this wonderful story, it had everything - action, suspense, sex, romance, conflict and even sadness, but most importantly it had heart and depth!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ahhh.

Sad that it’s finished. This story could go in all sorts of directions. Humans could reappear. :)

Anyway, well done!

BigbottomwatcherBigbottomwatcherover 4 years ago
Love the story

Can not wait for your next venture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great story. Can’t wait till you next one

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I liked it.

Here, we are going to have talking umbrellas, walking pumpkins, and erudite boulders,,, and 32 chapters later,, they are warm, I care about them, I envy what they have and I do not,,, and I am so glad that they have succeeded,,,, the circle. More than a circle,, a torus, no edges, a single surface, whole and complete.

Good story.

Bumba6540Bumba6540over 4 years ago

You know what.....................

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

It's a damn effing good series

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Please trust me, though, when I say that if I had kept writing, that wouldn't have made the story any better."

You should have ended your story a few chapters ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I liked it overall and you are still a favorite in my favorites

I loved almost everything. That is not a criticism. My issue as a former editor is the Tallia/senau extraction. The toughest jobof an author in my personal opinion is continuity of a character's mind set and actions. Tallia just wasn't presented (made alive) enough in the story for the way that youtook her out of the picture. For a woman who "loved" Cook and spent so muchtime with him she did a terrible job of it. And Senau being "shy" especially to the extent that you present would have been anathema as a liaison especially in a martial society. How it should have been workedto get rid of Tallia I do not know, it is why I edited instead of wrote. Once again though it was good and I thoroughly enjoyed it justlike all of your others.

Please continue writing!

Very respectfully,

A fan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A Masterpiece

What else is there to say?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank You So Much

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. While not normally a sci-fi fan I started this story because you wrote it and I've never been less than entertained by reading your stories. It is an amazing piece of work that kept me reading well into a number of late nights. You are an amazing author and each of your stories are entirely different so you have a very creative mind. Thank you so much for all your hard work. It was 5 stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent!

Top notch story. I enjoyed all aspects of it. Lots of creativity.

Spar87Spar87almost 4 years ago
Loved it

A wonderfully written story. I couldn’t put it down. Thank you for sharing it with us

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great story

I have recently become a big Sci-Fi reader. I ran across your story three days ago and have finished this story completely. It was a great story and I appreciated your obvious research into the military tactics and fighting. A fine read ! I will be reading more of your stories in the future.

Doc

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You're right, there are people unhappy with the ending, and I'm one of them.

I was not very happy with that ending. Why use two different sizes of musketball than just nudge them towards flintlock minie rifles? Why wasn't Cook made Marshall after that last battle? Or when it became apparent that he would be spearheading the Westron army reform? What the hell do you mean, "tired of war?" There were three major battles, And no mention was made of the Crolians taking any actions against the Westrons between Rassbrook & Feirlan. the way it was portrayed. Aside from the lead up to Feirlan, there was almost no damage to the Westron Civilians - with what damage wrought being severely mitigated by the Westron Army. It makes no sense. There were celebrations after Kesmansha & Rassbrook. There were celebrations after Tonol & Limset. But for Feirlan, Cook's coup de grace against the Crolians, the one where he saves the country from a ravenous, people eating horde, the climax of this entire novel - there's nothing. And finally, most irksome of all, why just those three? As a reader, I was drawn towards Kanitz, Themis, and Tallia. Those three had presence throughout the vast majority of the story - and the more I read, the more I became attached. The end of Cooks relationships with Kanitz & Themis saddened me, but it was something I could accept. It made sense, it was more "realistic" from an in universe standpoint. But Senau & Tallia as a match seemed contrived. It made little sense, both to the reader, and any observer in universe. Isa undergoing the change for cook, as an event, can be bought - Cook is wholely alien, his physiology may have allowed a penchen to change. But Tallia is still half Westron and would presumably be unable to trigger that change, thus Senau's appearance & the sudden revelation of Tallia's prior to that non-existent yet apparently powerful jealousy seems like it was there for shock value and to clear her out of Isa's way. The ending left me feeling cheated, both for Cook, and for myself, as a reader.

dogand3kdogand3kover 3 years ago

Without doubt the very best story I’ve read here or for that matter, anywhere else for some time. It had everything that I am interested in, military history, tactics, strategy as well as fleshed out characters and of course a light smattering of erotica! Well done and hoping you are inspired to write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Disappointing ending

There is a trilogy of books that include my two favorite books that I have ever read. The ending to the third book was incredibly disappointing, but the ending to that book WAS the right ending to the book and to the trilogy. This ending to "Westrons" is just like that, it may feel disappointing but it is the right ending.

Bluesea00Bluesea00over 3 years ago

I did enjoy reading the serie , I look forward checking other of your stories. Not a fan of war tactics, however you build a convincing storie (may be you were a bit lost the first chapters or this reader got lost a bit) , far too much gloolmy for what happened at CW...you were wised enough to sidestep LOVE in capitals (a topic I am fond of) because your story intended to be more realistic. The evolution of the relationships it's just a fair description of what usually happens. Congrats..

Clancy2651Clancy2651about 3 years ago

Fantastic read. I truly enjoyed the military aspects. You did a very good job describing the tactics and the horror during the battle and the carnage following the battle. The emotional issues and his romantic engagements were very well done. Nothing smutty to distract from the story, just right. Looking forward to reading more of your work. WELL DONE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a a twist on A Connecticut Yankeee in King Arthur's Court. Very enjoyable read I'd do a sequel bringing the humans back in a space ship. Locals take over the ship, learn the technology from the ship computer, gear up the entire world for war and wait for them to come back and conquer. Humans will lose.

zorb1970zorb1970almost 3 years ago

Brilliant. Enjoyed it. Though I'm a dunce in terms of military terms and all that fighting your way of presentation made it all seem easy to visualize. Thank you for giving us this story. This is the first story of yours I've read and will try to post comments after reading the others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This has been a excellent story from start to finish, great character development, great depth and very interesting story line.

Very well done,

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent Story Telling. Thanks for writing this!

drycreeksdrycreeksover 2 years ago

I read a ton of stories on this website. I have learned not to make snap judgements so now after several years of reading here i make my comments at the end. I like reading the comments others leaving some t good some t pretty ignorant. In my opinion u did n excellent job here thanks for all ur hard work n i hope the rest of ur writings here r just as great

dropshot67dropshot67over 2 years ago

I had read the first 16 chapters when they were published. Boy wasI happy to findit agIn so i could the entire story from start to finish. Ittook mejustovera day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you. I will be reading your other stories after this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Incredible story particularly the war portion. The personal section was stretched beyond a fictional aspect, making it difficult to accept. Adding in the changing individuals on top of all the sexual liaisons and limited emotion from the main character, made the story seem artificial. Overall incredibly creative and unique. Thanks for sharing this tale. 4.75/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written. Excellent plot and storyline. I really enjoyed the read. I was sorry to see it end. Maybe someday Cook can come back for another battle or two…

Thank you for writing it!

Brandon11Brandon11about 2 years ago

I have absolutely loved this series and several of your other stories. Keep them coming!

Richard1940Richard1940about 2 years ago

I feel this story needs a wider audience than that provided by Literotica readers who probably do not represent a fair cross-section of the general public. Have you tried to get an agent or a publisher, these days you can even self-publish on-line I believe.

Anyway I wish you the best of luck and thank you for the pleasure you have given me.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 2 years ago

5 stars is woefully inadequate. This was a masterpiece. A tour de force.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what an exceptional and engaging read. I really read for fun and passing the time and often I just appreciate the feel good stories. A good story can get me thinking and reminiscing about the past. A really good story may get me to shed a tear and move me emotionally. This one is without doubt one of the finest pieces of writing I have ever had the pleasure of reading. The military aspect was equally delightful. I will forever cherish this story.

Every one may not appreciate the way the story flows or how the characters react to whatever but this story is not for everyone. If they don't like it, they can puff and pass. But for every 50 that complain there is at least 200 who love it. That is the beauty of life, love the fans, consider the critics and really fuck the rest. I appreciate all the work, precious time and tremendous effort that you have made so that we could enjoy this piece and I will very likely re-read this again...! You have my utmost respect and appreciation!

wannabeswedewannabeswedeover 1 year ago

Definitely in my top 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I didn't particularly care for where it went... The isa story line... Nor the senau character... Nor the petering out of the love for themis... None of those occurances felt true to character...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for this story. It was, by happenstance, the last of your works I read but unquestionably your best.

E2010E2010about 1 year ago

Dear AspernEssling,

we all travelled in this same ship having you as our Admiral (General Cook was already taken). You said it well our feelings too:

“We've learned a great deal” from you (Author & revisors) “about military matters, and writing, and human nature.”

Thank you again!

el_otro_hombreel_otro_hombreabout 1 year ago

Well, some readers may be familiar with the phrase „Reading the Playboy for the interviews“ - which was used basically to satire the most hilarious excuse possible for being caught oggling dirty magazines (google what a magazine is, kids). Now, I won‘t lie, the explicit scenes are hugely erotic and a turn-on. But every know and then, I found myself skipping over them to get back to the story. That’s how good the storytelling is: I opened Literotica for the writing. There, I‘ve said it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I throughly enjoyed the story from start to finish. You are a great story teller, one of the best I have read on this site in the last ten years. I have completed the Chronicles as well. I plan on working my way through the rest of your collection. Keep up the Outstanding work!

Seth 8102

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerabout 1 year ago

What a great story, I was captivated start to finish. You my friend are a very good writer, thank you

SensualSigmaSensualSigma12 months ago

I just finished a reread. I first read it when it was first posted and enjoyed it then, and I enjoyed it now. Spent 2 days in between activities, bingeing it.

I remember the first time being frustrated somewhat that Cook didn't find a way to get back into space and take the fight back to those pinhead martinets. This time I was less annoyed about that and far more happy that he found a way to live a life he enjoyed.

I wonder what life would look like for that world after a few generations. More of Cook's offspring having contributed to the genetic pool, how the Westrons might have developed with the constant threat of the Crolians, what Wenzla might have put into motion with the knowledge that the stars in the sky are actual suns and that around them circle worlds, some of them homes to people that can sail the black.

Thank you for your contributions.

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr10 months ago

Hmmm

You write some really great romances but frequently abandon them for characters that are less interesting (In my poor opinion).

Themis & Tallia seemed like the great loves of his live right up until the end when all of a sudden they weren't. I mean he was willing to abandon Elyse and his children for Isa? Not only is that ice cold but I never ever got the impression their romance was that strong compared to some of the others.

It would have been better IMO if Elyse was the one who left and found her own spouse rather than Tallia. Currently there is no lust passion or romance in his triumvirate (except to wait for Isa every 10ish years).

Loved the world building the politics and the battles. You always have great unique fantasy settings and the blend of futurism to medieval was great. The romances were strong I just didn't like how they ended.

PythiasPythias8 months ago

This was better on the second read with a few years in between, mostly because I had changed. The world building was top notch as was the story itself. As an older man who has many of the same interests you share through your characters here and elsewhere, re-reading your material is like a comfortable leather jacket or warm blanket. Thank you for sharing it with us!

used2bjustjused2bjustj6 months ago

OK. That was simply an amazing read. I'd read the Three Sisters n Hvad. My computer must have rebooted at some point and I lost this author's story lines. But they are very good stories!!

5/5

J

rickydean56rickydean565 months ago

Wish he could have had the earth people try to fight or somehow let him kick their ass. Silly me, I can't imagine how that could happen but we all love a little revenge.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca4 months ago

Waited till I read the whole shebang before commenting, you are one helluva writer your ability to evoke imagery and your character development work so seamlessly that it’s easy to get pulled into your expeditions. I’m so glad I found you here, thank you again for a wonderful reading experience. Simply superb.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for the effort you put into this and all your stories.

You ability to get into the depth of the battle scenes and enlighten us with information from out own history is as much enlightening as it is enjoyable.

Again thank you- I truly enjoyed reading this.

M Brierley

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

just amazing...

tenyaritenyariabout 2 months ago

In earlier chapters of the story we got notes that there were other Terrans on the planet doing things, even though the consulate itself had been closed. Also some comments that a other hybrids existed 'out there' beyond the family.

Later it seemed as if they kept saying Cook was the only option for Tallia and Elyse. Also that the Westron males couldn't mate with them if they didn't have Hemmer.

That got me wondering about how the Children would handle things. Can they find mates or are they all left to only a choice between Celibacy or Incest?

If there are other "Pylosians" out there, are they a risk (I kept expecting one to show up among the enemy nation but we didn't get that plot twist which is likely for the best as it would have complicated things too much).

I'd love to see a future generation story. Your more recent other stories however set a very specific theme:

1. look at this peaceful place.

2. Oops something ultra-violent happens to isolate our protagonist.

3. Now fight overwhelming odds with lots of losses to finally win.

4. A generation later though, things are even worse.

And the last thing I'd want is to see Cook's children in some horrible dystopia where it all went wrong.

But if you ever do a short sappy romance tale - set it on Westron maybe 3 generations later. I know I won't get it, but I can still pine for it. :)

nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 1 month ago

I’m conflicted about the ending. You know the old saying: I hate to say goodbye, but I love to watch their bottom swing as they leave! I didn’t want their story to end, yet it was so satisfying when complete.

Vastly superior to have Cook’s circle of lovers gradually constrict as emotions evolve, compared to an ever-expanding harem. Just as one lover can’t satisfy an unlimited population, nor can a writer do justice to a vast sea of characters without someone necessarily overlooked or slighted.

Rereading this once again lets me savor more of the details of relationships as they interweave. I regret we never got to explore the masculine culture in any depth other than Cook, but that’s just my personal curiosity, not a lack in the series. Not sure how it would have fit anyway.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Westrons Pt. 30 Previous Part
Westrons Series Info