All Comments on 'What Comes Around, Comes Again'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 174 Comments
secretsalsecretsal6 months ago

It's always funny when the spouses try to behave civil after shitshows like this. Honestly, someone who's willing to openly do that to you does not give a fuck about your best interests, so the whole hugging and 'hope you have a good life' after the fact is a bit cringe. Might be more appropriate to admit you never knew the person, and treat them like the stranger they are. Unless they're married to someone with special needs, which is another can of worms.

Buster2UBuster2U6 months ago

5 stars to great writing about a very selfish self centered whore wife pulling the lowest scum sucking stunt imaginable premeditated in cold blood. This slut is lucky to have had a decent man at one time but due to her slut ways lost him forever. She get laid but she will NEVER EVER find true love again. Great writing this. Buster2U

laptopwriterlaptopwriter6 months ago

Very good. I liked this. A 5 star effort in my book.

TajfaTajfa6 months ago

She had unprotected sex with the lead singer who would probably shag a barbers floor. I was hoping she later discovered she had really nasty STDs that made her sterile. For the rest of her life she mourned her inability to have children and no matter how much sex she had, she was a broken woman. She got off way too lightly. However, great writing as always.

Lost a star for the reasons above. 4.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

People do the craziest things without considering the consequences of their actions!

5

francemanfranceman6 months ago

A good story overall, but it lacks depth and maturity.

Half the story focuses on the ego, as if the ego is the cause or responsibility of everything.

Faithfulness, loyalty, disrespect, cheating, trust, lies, keeping one's promises or one's word, doubts, ........... - there's no such thing! It's all ego!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Well written “February Sucks” 2.0. His wringing his hands for 2 weeks didn’t make much sense nor why his sister brought Stacy along on the first visit. Likewise, if his sister and Stacy were friends why wouldn’t she support them getting together? I have ideas why but you never went down that plot line. 4.4*

MightyheartMightyheart6 months ago

4.5/5

Good writing.

A little more punishment for the wife and the singer would be welcome. They seem to have gotten away scot free. Some huge negative publicity and shame for them was in order.

nestorb30nestorb306 months ago

Well written but left me flat. Wasn't looking for a BTB or a RAAC. The MC was kinda of dumb and what was up with the sister? I mean what was that all about?

jaythemanjaytheman6 months ago

Thanks for the story. I did enjoy, but agree that a little punishment for the wife and singer was in order. Not all WMU grads are as selfish as the wife.

numbnutz49numbnutz496 months ago

A classic piece of work! It was 'February Sucks-Like" but clearly had it's own direction. The 'life well lived' was well constructed and not fully in place until the end. Definitely 5* worthy!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

The quote in the magazine was good but could have been more powerful. (and the interviewer comment is asinine)

Interviewer: "Well on behalf of the music industry, we're so grateful that you made the choices you did."

(Kat has to finally stand up a little for her ex)

Kat: "You say that as a fan but there's a lot more to life than sex, drugs and rock and roll. I feel as if I have sold my soul to the devil. I have everything one could want except someone to share my successes with... and that has been a very high price to pay."

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg066 months ago

Great take

Public remorse and a life well lived

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGo6 months ago

This story has the makings of a classic! Good job!

irinmikeirinmike6 months ago

I find it hard to believe that in a non fiction environment, any happily married woman would do that to her husband, no matter what the attraction to the "star" might be. No woman, and I repeat no woman would think she could run off with a celebrity and not even contact her husband for that length of time and think he would take her back. The best part of this story for me was the psychological exchanges between the hero of this story and his estranged wife. Finally, as a couple who are dedicated to each other, any decision to leave the relationship for this amount of time would be made together. No one in their right mind would leave their soul mate and perpetrate this type of situation on their husband. In the end I enjoyed the context but as with February Sucks with George Anderson, I felt the pangs of a husband betrayed by a celebrity love sick wife. Great writing and one of the best I have read from you yet.

Fireguy1956Fireguy19566 months ago

Good story. Definitely worth 5 stars.

groaningbumpgroaningbump6 months ago

Very well written, the characters could have been fleshed out more but it was a really good read. Thank you for sharing - gb

Gumbo25Gumbo256 months ago

I really enjoyed this story.

JRandyJJRandyJ6 months ago

Good read, Great ending!

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman6 months ago

So Kat won, great. She finally admitted that she did wrong. Wait a minute no she didn't. She never truly admits that what she did was the shittiest thing a cunt can do. Her regret is for how it affected her life not how it affected his. In the end she is the same self centered whore she was when she left. How do we know this? She leaves at the end of her marriage to return to the same band that had ruined her marriage. She is worthless. ****

phill1cphill1c6 months ago

i really liked the characterization, especially of the groupie wife. There was no bursting into tears. There was introspection and an admission of guilt. In some ways it was unsatisfying, but that is the way life usually works: nothing would be really satisfying in this case.

Great read!

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now6 months ago

Loved the story - like this theme, in general.

Sad that Kat didn't have a worse outcome, though ... but that's just me.

Regguy69Regguy696 months ago

Like many others, I find it hard to believe an otherwise faithful, loving wife would abandon her spouse to have an encounter with a celebrity. Any woman (or man) who would do that likely had one foot out the door already and the celebrity just gave them the motivation they needed to leave. The eventual return to the spouse is just another selfish, entitled, act the delusional, wayward spouse believes they can accomplish. In real life, a person may have a flight of fantasy about running off to be the object of desire for a celebrity, but it is usually just a moment in time and then common sense, responsibility, respect, and devotion bring them back to earth.

Well written, as always. Thanks for sharing, CWG.

des911des9116 months ago

Good story, thank you. Dramatic, tense, emotional, good characters and credible (for the most part). I appreciate that violence, special forces, etc. were not involved and that the resolution was firm without becoming deranged.

Well done.

waifwaif6 months ago

I like @Cagivagurl as an author, and read her story. I prefer this one to hers for two reasons.

First, there is always the moral dilemma that really comes down to trust. Trust is truly the foundation of any relationship. It is not exactly the same for everyone. However, it always requires an agreement between both parties that cannot be broken.

Secondly, trust is constantly being tested. We all must reinforce it on a daily basis, or face the consequences of our failure to do so.

CD1929CD19296 months ago

Yes the story has been written before but I love your ending. One of the other authors who wrote a similar had the wife refer to her infidelity as she acted silly and made a mistake! Acted silly? How out of touch is that?

I love your ending. Spot on!!!!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed6 months ago

Repeating earlier comments, the story is well-written. His wife is delusional and was clearly so w hen she told the mc that she spent more time working for the band than having sex. That means her relationship there was almost certain to continue going forward, which is just another insult to the husband. Who would accept their wife being employed by the person that “borrowed” his wife for over a month? The sister’s actions needed to be developed and explained as well. For a moment or two, I wondered if the wife swung both ways and the sister was involved. The ending was ok, but made me feel she was playing for reader sympathy and not truly acknowledging a wrongdoing.

Cracker270Cracker2706 months ago

First a lot of well thought out and very accurate comments. Kind of leaves me to only say “what they said”.

When a story makes me reach for rolaids and long for a smoke it’s a good one. This qualifies. Five all the way

DazzyDDazzyD6 months ago

Weird sister, Who’s team was she on!?

DazzyD

SplitGeode66SplitGeode666 months ago

I Iked the story, bu wondered about his sister's actions. Thanks for publishing this story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed the story, it wasn’t saddletramp or bear level but I did enjoy the subtle revenge at the end and the I just want to move on mentality the main character had,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I don’t understand this thing in LW stories where authors act like women really don’t understand how someone could be hurt by cheating. It reads like y’all don’t think women get hurt in the exact same way men do when they’re cheated on.

It’s really my only complaint here. It just reads so weird to me.

Harryin VAHarryin VA6 months ago

This is another version of february sucks or the celebrity hall past nonsense. There are serious problems with this story. CONSIDER:

.

The wife knew about her husband's previous humiliation by another Rockstar with a girl he was getting serious with. And it never really mattered to the wife except that is an excuse not to consider her husband's feelings and reactions.

.

Another problem with the story is the inability of the husband to come up with answers to the male ego argument or the argument ..."it was a celebrity and if you love me you should let me do it one time..." . The fact that the husband has such weak moral character and is so intellectually stupid.... is probably one of the reasons why the wife decided to fuck the Rockstar for 4 months . The wife knew her husband was incredibly weak and stupid and she probably thought she could pull this one off .

..

But the biggest problem in these kinds of ridiculous loving life stories is that there's always this conversations when the wife comes home.

There isn't a excuse and there's no need to have a conversation. Any wife or fiancé or girlfriend? That is in a committed relationship decides to go off and fuck celebrities or Rock stars and leave their significant other behind is not worth 5 minutes of conversation.

servant111servant1116 months ago

Much better than Cavagirl’s which suffered from seriously flawed internal logic. Love me many of her works the author’s commitment to RAAC results in really nonsensical story twists and outright plot holes that defy common sense. That causes her to fail that most critical element in that she fails to convince the reader to properly suspend disbelief.

Your take on her meme is frankly masterful. You let the story flow to a very satisfying and more realistic conclusion. All of your plot elements fit and your use of the foreshadowing is spot on. Unlike Cavagirl’s tale you include an excellent preface in which we as readers are introduced to the first ex wife and the ex high school girlfriend in sufficient depth of characterization to make the crisis and resolution believable. In short you took the meme this derivative “February Sucks” type of meme and made it not only viable but an enjoyable read worthy of me placing it in my Favorites list. Outstanding writing effort

10 stars

ReadyOneReadyOne6 months ago

Excellent digging out the real issues and avoiding the straw men. 200% better than the singer story you refer to in the opening remarks (not to disparage it).

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wow there is nothing likable about any of these characters especially Kat. And the singer should of got his ass kicked.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown6 months ago

Well now, in two days straight we've had below average writers dedicate something from one of the lowest rated writers on here. Why do I get the feeling some hypocrite admin is behind this?

Now on to this wreck, CWG writes about a simp who'd get put in the friend zone at a brothel, after he paid. Can't say I'm surprised....

bobareenobobareeno6 months ago

Excellent. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Started off ok, but just faded no content to hold this readers interest, didnt make it to the end

2stars at best

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

It appears that everyone is throwing 5* at this one! Encouraging but hardly beneficial, you have a serious talent for entertaining stories that I’m grateful to enjoy. However I would like to request something with a little more depth too, rather than the expected low picking fruits.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Fem-pov fairytale, where the slut cheating wife always wins and ends without paying at all for her betrayal, in this tale ending rich and famous. Just a daylight dreaming: in real life these "modern" narcissistic and disgusting behaviours have devastant and unpredictable effects and consequences for many people somehow involved: children, relatives, friends, colleagues.

OldBulllOldBulll6 months ago

Lots to like about this yarn. It’s never black and white, no matter how much we tell ourselves how we would act and react in a given situation.

mndhanson017mndhanson0176 months ago

Does she end up worse off? In the real world way, it would be that she's not successful, sure, she can't find love, but not being successful as well. But I guess when you drown yourself in your work, it's possible, but probably should show how she is suffering like her going back to her empty apartment or something. But good story overall

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Terrible story. Weak main character. Whore sister. No one acted like real humans.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A fine offering, as usual and a very eclectic collection of personalities. Kat is deranged, Stacy is solid and Elaina (stupid name, btw) should take a long walk on a short pier. If my sister ever interfered in my life that way or spoke to me in that manner I would no longer consider her to be my sister. Kat's obvious insanity makes it easier for me to view her in a sympathetic light but Elaina trying to drown her brother in feminazi propaganda is completely unforgivable.

PowersworderPowersworder6 months ago

It was a good effort, but the ending was a huge anticlimax.

The wife just abandoned him in public, in front of his friends, to go be the band's cum dump for a month.

His "hurt ego" had nothing to do with this. She was a sleazy whore, and ripped his heart out with her unbelievable selfishness.

-

A calm, rational discussion about the end of their marriage was not what this story needed. He should've been venting his fury at her for the betrayal, while she was stunned at his disgust and contempt for her, having gambled that he loved her enough for forgiveness.

You wasted an excellent opportunity for conflict and drama, leaving us with a flat, emotionless end to their relationship.

-

I think the other problem is muddying the waters with Stacy. I liked that he moved on, but the shift in focus to them dating felt like a distraction from the real story... his wife running off to be a groupie.

Also, despite him being told by the therapist that his "picker" was broken, he doesn't really vet Stacy properly. Why did she act so weird about his reaction to a girl starfucking? Also, there was no discussion about her past sexual history. Did she "live her best life" at college, and rack up a double-digit body count?

AngelRiderAngelRider6 months ago

There is some truth to the fact that respect may be further lost if a man forgives cheating, even though the wife or girlfriend desperately wants them to. I know, makes no sense right? Well, it's not every woman or even most I think. Women are just as influenced by societal expectations as men. Women want men to be principled, confident, and yes proud. Even when using pride as an excuse, they still expect a man to be prideful. So when a man capitulate? Some women hate what they truly want. Shrugs.

Kinda like some guys would love for a woman to be very sexually skilled. They might enjoy it in the act but afterwards, doubt and fear creep in knowing they weren't born that way. Doesn't mean the woman is necessarily promiscuous and untrustworthy. Just like it doesn't mean a man who forgives is necessarily weak.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Best effort so far. First of yours I've read that was concise, had some actual events to carry the story forward, and not overloaded with endless discussions. As you noted, not the first story along these lines, but a fresh enough angle to make reading it worthwhile. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The sister, seriously he should have divorced her too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I think the story is great and doesn't need any supplementary revenge. Everyone got what they asked for.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another ho-hum effort, nothing original or interesting.

silentsoundsilentsound6 months ago

Hmm. Very not bad.

I've read similar themes over the years and cagi wasn't even the second or third to attempt it though possibly the most mentally ill.

No healthy person behaves this way (while expecting their marriage to survive, much less their other relationships and/or career) and no healthy spouse would entertain reconciliation with such a deranged and unstable individual.

I liked elements that you included concerning consultation and counseling while never veering from the known outcome (divorce).

His sister Elaine seemed to be somewhat deranged herself.

All in all, this was good entertainment and you have my thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not covered in the story but I hope he went full no contact with his sister for siding with his cheating wife and pushing for RAAC.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor636 months ago

Great story. Glad to see the husband come out on top. Stacey had to know that the marriage was over, mo one can br that deluded. On top of that she had already spoke with the band about a job since the job offer came so quickly after she got back. I think she really wanted out and this was the easiest way to do it.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu6 months ago

:interviewer: "Well on behalf of the music industry, we're so grateful that you made the choices you did." "

/

This statement would have made Kat cringed with realization the crazy world of entertainment is a selfish business and she's is at home with it.

/

Nice story @cookingwithgas.

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Attorneys for groups may get away around things but the paparazzi will find out and report it and publish it. Woman don’t want anyone to think they are sluts. They get-embarrassed Inside it eats at them to know what people think of them. It destroys their self image. Turn to drugs alcohol and even more sex to forget about what they now think of themselves. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words and thoughts will destroy you. Great read

Frank66Frank666 months ago

Well constructed, well written, highly engaging story, but seemed dry. Liked the interview with Kat at the end- it seemed very realistic as to how her life turned out. Could have used something similar with his sister.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another glorification of the cheating without any consequences: totally unrealistic. This kind of fem-pov fairytales are thousands miles far away from reality, that's is very much harder and devastant.

MarkTwineMarkTwine6 months ago

It might have been a decent story if you didn’t make the husband such a weak pathetic person. His wife just dumped him in public to run off and spend three weeks fucking a rock band and he is just so angst ridden while he decides if he should divorce her or not. But I guess he was destined to be a weak pussy. After all he did listen to country music.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

I haven't read this yet, but why would "telling her husband first" help any more than when the wives tell their husbands that they're going on a date?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Come on man! You couldn't record videos on phones 25 years ago! At least get your BASIC facts straight!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Would anyone really have to think twice about dumping their slut wife to the curb and dragging them through the mud if they did that to them? I sure as hell would lose the sister too. While there are exceptions, I was in the music business for a long time and the bands were very respectful to married fans and I'm talking about hit makers.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

He should have dropped his sister out of his life too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The ego thing is silly to me and always will be. If a cheater mentioned a fragile ego as a reason not to get past it, I would laugh. At my worst times in life, my ego has pulled me through it, when other things broke. It’s not a fragile ego that keeps one from getting past it, but a strong ego that is willing to do the hard things to maintain itself, including ending it with a loved one and taking that extreme shorter term pain over the dull, and continuous cuts

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago
-1

You cucks love writing pussy MCs.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I think you are a very talented writer. And I'm glad the husband had a happy ending here. Can I just please ask WHY Kat is rewarded with a wonderful career? I understand that she missed out on love and that she somewhat regrets that. But that's just it, why can't she FULLY regret it? I know you don't like to do BTB stories, and I get that. I don't believe she needed to be burned at the stake, but come on. At least not being famous and having complete remorse would be nice. It just always seems like the cheating wives in your stories get off somehow. I wasn't going to read this because of that. But since you wrote that the cheater would end up worse, I did. And she does end up worse, I guess...but with a HECK of a compensation. I don't know. Again, she didn't have to be burned to a crisp. But I wish she had paid a higher price. No matter though, I still thank you for sharing your gift with us. :)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Can't understand how this tale has a 4.33 score (at this point). Worthy of negative scores (which, unfortunately, don't exist). Anyhow, the worthless slut won.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson6 months ago

Elaina was a cunt. I'd love to read a BTB story with her as the crispy outcome.

'cause you know, with her attitude, she's never going to be faithful to whatever poor shmuck who falls for her.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The story revolves around an issue similar to "February Sucks", which is the unexpected abandonment and sudden cheating of a supposed loving wife with a famous figure, under the excuse of an opportunity of a life time. It's obvious the actions of the wife cancel her professed love and show her disrespect, brakes his trust in her fidelity and probes her fidelity is valid as long as there is a lack of a strong tentation. I agree divorce is the only logical end for a treachery like that. Well-written story. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

For Kat to do that, when she knew of his history with Kristy was more than selfish. It was sooo selfish, so disrespectful, so evil it was sickening.

There could not have been the slightest bit of regard for her husband and her relationship.

If she couldn't resist the lure of going and being a rock slut, at least she could have been honest with herself and her husband.

She should have admitted that she didn't love him enough to turn the tour down... She should have been honest and told the truth to hubby, and to herself as well. Because when you get down to it, all the cheater's lines and all the ego blabber is pointless. If she had actually loved him enough, there's just no way she could have ever gone.

Even her words of regret in the magazine interview at the end are hollow. What she regrets is the loss of the idealised life she was acting out. She may have liked him a lot. She may have liked her old life, though she was ready when it was time to upgrade. But she didn't love him enough to prevent it then, and she would still only think in terms of what he brought to her life, not about him. His feelings. His person. His love. His right to be treated fairly, like he would have always treated her without her fall.

That's what is lost on all cheaters, male and female. They can only do it because their partner's feelings don't really figure in their desires and their actions, and every one of them, every one... would be destroyed if their partner had done it to them. If not destroyed, then filled with hate... because their love was never strong enough in the first place.

The sister needs to get off the acid. She's delusional as well. She can only have her attitude if she thinks in the same terms as Kat... that nothing and nobody matters if they have to compromise their own entitlement so that someone else's feelings are taken into account.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really liked how you wrapped this up. Hubby has a great life with a true wife. Kat succeeds…but it’s a fairly empty success as she KNOWS that she traded down (soulmate for career and transitory sex). Stacy wins big.

.

Well written…not easy when you tackle a very common trope.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@1Thinkingman.

No, she didn't win. You nailed it with most of your thoughts, except that one. You really got it right with your last sentence. That's the truth. She is worthless.

What did she win? Nothing of meaning. She may have had a career and a nice paycheck but it will all zero itself on her deathbed. She will not be survived by anyone of significance and will not pass anything of herself on.

Great. She got to have name recognition in another ultimately useless existence, and let entitled strangers use her for recreation. When she retires, someone else will do her job and they'll forget her. As she gets older, the pickings will get slimmer for hookups, unless she drops her standards.

But she gave away her one shot at unconditional love. She is irrelevant. She IS worthless. If you make yourself worthless, you have won nothing.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon6 months ago

If you're admiring CGGurl, there's no hope for you. This was a mess of incoherent paychobabble from a writer who thinks they're smarter than they actually are.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

There's no way that a woman as self-centered as Kat would have any regret about what she did. That's the most unbelievable part of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

For me iin this story t's the cowardice. The lack of respect. The dissociation with reality.

I'm going to go off with this band as a groupie for a few weeks. And it means I'm gonna fuck a bunch of rhe band members. Which is breaking our vows. Breaking all our promises to each other. Utterly disrespectful.

But on top of that I'm not actually going to tell you this face to face. I do not have enough respect for you. Nor am I a strong enough person to actually face the man I have pledged my life too...and tell him this. Instead...you get a one minute video.

And I get this experience and then I'll be back and everything will be fine. I'll prove my love to you.

I have known people who have run off on their spouses and marriages before. Never for a celebrity. Just "hey I met someone and I'm running off with him/her."

But not once in my 50 years on this planet have I known someone to say "I met someone and I'm gonna run off with him/her for 2 or 3 weeks and get fucked a bunch. But I'll be back and everything will go back to normal."

Not once. I think every man or woman as a married and committed spouse knows that if you run off with someone else for weeks or months at a time...celebrity or not? There's no coming back. Shit there's no coming back from abandoning a spouse for one night of celebrity sex based on stories here.

And the fact that this wife character was written the way she was...where she assumed she could do this, and then return and make it up to her husband? That it would all work out?

It just feels like the author wrote a mentally ill character here.

This is a person with little respect for herself. Little respect for her husband. And almost zero respect for her marriage. She just didn't care what the consequences were going to be. Didn't care that she was absolutely demolishing her life and all of her relationships as she knew them. Did not care how self destructive her actions were going to be.

In other words...a very very flawed and mentally ill person.

Just the act alone of having unprotected sex with a huge rock star multiple times.

Because celebrities (especially rock stars) never have virulent STDs or contract AIDS. Right? How self destructive is that?

And she thought she'd just come home after that and with enough sexy time with hubby she could make it right? She didn't come home and get tested? Even discuss how dangerous that sex was with the rock stars? I'm sorry. Someone like that is just...yuck as a person.

If there are women out there this clueless? This horribly damaged? In the real world? I can't remember having ever met one?

Keep in mind. This is not a kink. Not something this married couple discussed as their lifestyle choice. Swinging. Cuckolding. Hotwifing. Open marriage. Nope. Those things happen commonly enough (even tho statistically they are very destructive even in the best circumstances.). Those are decisions that couples normally make together and discuss and fantasize about.

This scenario is not that.

Good story. Thought provoking.

The male ego thing from a female perspective...I always find amusing. The thing that makes us men...and supposedly attractive to females...is then criticized and reviled by women.

"You are so manly and possessive of me. Wanting to take care of me and be devoted to me. Wanting a mutual commitment to each other. I love it." Then...

"Get over your fragile male ego that needs to know I am committed to just you. That my promise that my body was your alone...that I have now broken...get over that my promise actually meant something. I can spread my body around to anyone I want and your jealousy and possessiveness is so unattractive."

Women are such contrary creatures. It must suck to live their lives.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

She didn't realize that the same person she's always been is what put them in this situation. She's not going to change and will do it again. He made the right decision to split up. Oh yeah, and what about his sister? Letting the wandering wife stay with her? Have to wonder whose back she had in this fiasco.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The need for dramatic reveal through that bizarro roundtable that would only have become more believable had it happened in some sci-fi time travel alternate dimension with talking lizards, was your downfall.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

"your little male ego" = blame the victim. That is absolutely true every single time.

enderlocke77enderlocke776 months ago

Not sure why he is fixated on ego. She fucked someone else for 2weeks lol ego has nothing to do with it. Enjoyed the read but the Mc seemed to be a bit mentally lazy for me to like him.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The story telling is well done. But it still leaves me feeling like it’s not finished. I think that is because the characters feel superficial and immature. Joey goes from woman to woman looking for one who won’t betray him. Kat is a parasite. She just moves from a man to a band to another band and feeds off them.

It doesn’t feel like they understand that a real, intimate relationship is about giving and being fully committed. Weathering the lows is what builds character and makes the highs so much sweeter because the person at your side went through the lows and disappointments with you.

enderlocke77enderlocke776 months ago

Oh man commentor tried to compare 2diff authors, "come on son" thats some weak sauce man lol

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith6 months ago

Nice story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Relatively well written, and clearly a planned story rather than the stream of consciousness nonsense we see so much of these days. The attitudes, world views, and context are all ones I don't understand, have never been around, and find more than a little distasteful. That makes me the wrong audience, not the story 'wrong' in any way. A 1* from me, but many more from the hard drinking frat crowd it's aimed at.

deependerdeepender6 months ago

"The anger that was overtaking me was due to my not properly vetting her as a life partner."

.

Thank you for that, Sir Author. This admission is so rare in LW stories that there may be only two or three others.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

At its core it's just another story that requires the wife to be an idiot, someone who doesn't think there can be consequences and are surprised when the husband says, "No". Especially since she knows his history, her actions are beyond stupid. No sane person would think he'd welcome her back. Also, it's basically a retread of "February Suck" and, despite the constant so-called follow-ups, it really wasn't the good.

,.

This is about twice the length that was needed.

lc69hunterlc69hunter6 months ago

I gave my wife a hall pass for David Lee Roth. The difference between that and this is that I gave her permission

Just_WordsJust_Words6 months ago

I thought the story had big missed opportunities. The sister playing devil's advocate was almost painful. The early musings that maybe the marriage could survive were not realistic. Forget the LW trope and think about the real world. Your wife goes off to have sex for weeks. The marriage is toast. End of story. Sorry. I drifted away halfway through it.

Reader2021Reader20216 months ago

Enjoyed this s story!

Plz write more.

Thx U

management91399management913996 months ago

A fun/tragic familiar road on the LW genre but the trope that always derails me as I read these is the instant replacement that pops up the minute our villain commits her offense, the date with a coworker, running off with the band, sleeping with the boss at a weekend retreat etc. The MC is never left alone for a moment to actually recover some sort of a sense of self and move forward as a man alone. These characters don't need an emotional support woman 15 minutes after they get left, they need....or we need to see them recover on their own. What woman wants to put a broken man back together, they never get what they invest in in the end.

Finally, while Kat went off and lived her dream climbing out of her burnt ascent stage that was her husband, it's not impossible for her to mature and find someone down the road in the music industry

MedicalpeteMedicalpete6 months ago

I don’t give out many “5”, but this was worth it!

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

Choices, they determine the path of our lives. In my mind our MC had no other choice but to divorce her and it should have been initiated the very night she left. But that would have cut the story pretty short.

Good story not quite 5 stars but a good solid 4. I did get a few lines to use on my future letter to my ex as that marriage ended 40 years ago, yeah, it still bothers me. I'm a mechanic and I can fix almost anything electric or mechanical. Problem is relationships don't come with a manual and there ain't no nuts and bolts or wires to fix.

looking4itlooking4it6 months ago

The one thing I was curious at the end was what happened to the relationship with Elaina in the end. Obviously, she was the informant to Kat about Joey and his new family. So, I’m sure she had a tough time, at least at first, about her brother’s decisions. It was interesting making your choice to explain the thinking of the man’s side and evaluating the male ego side. I am not sure it has fully worked out or explained but I commend you for putting it into your story. At first, I was afraid the story was a derivation of the February Sucks plot line. While there are some baseline similarities I do believe your story has enough differences to make it a unique storyline that you or others can build from.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The story had blemishes, but I still liked it. Four stars.

JPB

Karn9Karn96 months ago

Great story, 5*

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

She stills

Wonders if she made the right decision? Yup a total fuck-wad hahaha great writing as usual 5&FAV

RePhilRePhil6 months ago

Congrats on the 4* from JPB below. A true indicator of the stories worth

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

I’d have a sever problem with my sister after the split. First, once they disagreed about divorce, Elaina didn’t respect Joey’s feelings. Elaina maintained her friendship with Kat and withdrew her support of Joey. Siblings are supposed to have each other’s backs. When there’s disagreement, the support remains. Elaina withdrew her support and in the end had Kat’s back.

ctdansctdans6 months ago

shitty sister.

ThorlolThorlol6 months ago

I got no words for the sister.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...