All Comments on 'What Dreams May Come'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
"...what dreams may come...

...when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, Must give us pause..." Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. This has got to be your finest story yet, Candy. If I could attain something as lovely and powerful as this, I'd be more than satisfied. Thank you for an outstanding piece of work.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 3 years ago

The beauty involved with this entire storyline is beyond words. I have loved every moment from happiness to tragedy. I am also grateful that I enjoyed this tale more than the film "What Dreams May Come". I look forward to reading any further instalments. As always thank you.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 3 years ago

You're killing me!

Love it, of course.

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
I loved the movie

and I love this story. 5 tears

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am so glad that you allowed us to see Virginia until the end of her time. I am heartbroken over it because I have grown to love her character like none other, but I am so grateful to see her story closed out in the way that it should be.

MigbirdMigbirdover 3 years ago

You mention in your biography that this story received many low marks without explanation. Maybe the lack of explicit sex? Like several other commentstors, I thoroughly enjoyed this other worldly tale - poignant, captivating, and for those of us who loved Virginiaverse (how could you not) it brought back memories with each passage. Want to feel/learn more about Virginia’s passing. Thanks for sharing. 5 plus.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

CK, I’m so sorry I missed this post and thank you for the note saying you published it. This was simply brilliant, so touching it brought a tear to my eye (okay maybe more than one). This was a beautiful way to bring and end to Virginiaverse and Bonnie and Virginia once again together, forever. Having Jon as a guide brings everything together knowing that he and Judy will meet again when it is time. This chapter completely redefined creative writing. While reading the first few paras I immediately thought it was Bonnie after she past, then everything came together. This is a piece of writing that you should be very proud of. I am very grateful that you shared it.

rawallacerawallaceover 3 years ago
If We Knew

None of us knows what lies beyond the last breath, the last few moments of conscious existence. This story suggests one possibility. The writing was beautiful and well-executed. I someday hope to reach the same point in both my imagination and ability to commit it to words. Well done indeed!

BillyslateBillyslateover 3 years ago

Fascinating!

This was an excellent read, however I did not realize the spirit was Virginia until early on page 2. One of the primary reasons for most people fearing death is the unknown aspects, since "no one" has returned to realistically inform us of "Life After Death". People have speculated on "near death" experiences, where they were called back from the floating nothingness, however many are doubted as just creating a story for publicity.

I really enjoyed you take on the Haven-Hell-Purgatory aspect (s) of death, and tying it all together, with Jon being Virginia's guide. I was also pleased that Virginia experienced a "full life" with Judy, following her several previous heartbreaks. Forty Four (44) years of "Marital Bliss🎉" was awesome for her, which suggests Virginia's death occurred in her 80s.

I was unaware of the movie, which other commenters mention, therefore did Google it for a point reference.

Virginia's Stories Have Always Been 5*-Star Rated, Without Exception🎉!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

it was a good ending and very well written a bit above my pay grade looking forwards to the next one be safe a fan shayne

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 3 years ago
All is just pure energy

Tears streaming down my face .... That was impressive ..... And yes if we would know ...... Not shure if our light inner being is able to communicate that way, it will br more a nonverbal one ..... But all in all this was extraordinary ....... I myself have a longer natural comatose experience and i was truly shocked being back ...... So much yes there must be some overwhelming ...... This was the best essence of all this storys to bring it to a closure ...... May hoping for a lucky end story of the lost second love, lost in the army and the so blinded early times - Alex

reddbunnzreddbunnzabout 3 years ago

This is an excellent Finale to a great, highly emotional series, Virginiaverse. If, for some reason, you have not read all the previous versions, please do so. The entire Virginiaverse series is a highly emotional roller-coaster ride of love, sadness, disgust (with how loving same sex couples are/were treated by our military), and sometimes tragic events that changed their lives forever. I, for one, instantly fell in love with Virginia, Alex, Bonnie Judy, Megan, Matthew, Mark, Grace, Kelly, and many more. The author uses a combination of her professional and personal experiences to lead us beautifully down a path that most of us will never go. In sort, this is one of the best written series to appear on this site for quite a while. Please, CandyKane, keep up the great work!

Albanach2000Albanach2000almost 3 years ago

What a beautifully sublime finale to the Virginiaverse saga. Nice flashbacks to moments in her life that lead to how her life played out. Nice touch that Jon was brought into the story as the guide to thank Virginia for loving Judy as he waits for her to join him. Virginia's suspicion that Bonnie's life was both blessed and cursed at the moment of their meeting is confirmed and the remaining promise that was made in life is now fulfilled.

This saga has been a rollercoaster of emotions and not always an easy read but you have shown your skill as an author to tell an intertwined tale of four women who throughout their adult lives not only loved each other but remained in love with each other even when they knew they couldn't follow their hearts. 5stars given for each installment and can't wait for more.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 2 years ago

What a rollercoater of emotions in itself, this episode. It started with awe and tears. The middle part triggered me intellectually, only to arrive at a waterfall of tears at the end. This is only the effect. There lies so much crafmanship and genuinly felt warmth and emotions in this series. Thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I absolutely loved this series loved the way you wrote it from different points of views

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

I'm up at 3:45am finishing this universe. Took me two days of reading but well worth it.

SoQuietSoQuiet6 months ago

Oh. My. GOD! I mean literally, right? The rest of the series was amazing; this story was incredible! I never would have expected a scientific explanation for Heaven (or any form of afterlife, if that term offends), but you've found one, and developed it inn excellent fashion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh had passed on 11JUN23. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body wa...