What Happened after Ibiza

Story Info
Home from her holiday and pregnant......
11.7k words
4.03
11.8k
11
14

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 08/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ending to 'What Happens in Ibiza' was never going to be the end of Vanessa's story and I thought one or two critics might pen alternatives to the one I always had in the back of my mind.

That didn't happen so here is my version of what happened after Ibiza.

I was unsure what category to put this in; erotic couplings, romance or loving wives, so I chose what I thought suited it best although I'm certain some will disagree.

I'm also sure some people will tell me how she deserves to be burnt at the stake or whatever but please remember it is only a story. It isn't real.

Comments and criticism that help me improve are always welcome but trolling stupid remarks will simply be deleted.

As always, enjoy.

What happened after Ibiza

Gently easing the baby off her milk laden breast Vanessa winced as the one-week-old reluctantly surrendered the sore chafed teat, making a mental note to cream them later.

It had been eight months since her husband Steve had walked out of the door and four since she had received her decree absolute to put an end to their marriage.

Taking a few minutes to wind and put a clean nappy on her new born daughter she sighed, she was finally ready to settle her down and take a few minutes to herself.

"Ssshhhh.... Time to sleep sweetie."

Vanessa cooed softly as she settled Megan in her Moses basket, pulling the covers up to keep her warm. Hoping that now she had been fed and changed she would sleep for a few hours and give her a break.

It had been that long since she had had her first two children, Kyle and Scarlet, that she had forgotten how exhausting it was caring for a new baby and Steve had been around to lend a hand back then. She was aware it had only been a few days and even though the little girl was an angel she was finding having a baby at her age incredibly draining.

Taking the opportunity of a few quiet hours to herself while her daughter was asleep, she headed out to the kitchen to make herself a sandwich and a cup of tea.

Settling herself on the sofa she swallowed a mouthful of her drink before letting her head fall back and, closing her eyes, wondering where the last year had gone.

++++++++++ 8 months earlier ++++++++++++++

It had been almost six weeks since they had returned from Ibiza when Steve came home hoping for a relaxing evening only to find his wife sitting at the table, an untouched glass of white wine in front of her.

She could tell from his expression that he had sensed that something wasn't quite right.

"Hey, what's up babe?" Even his tone betrayed his concern.

Looking up at him with red-rimmed eyes Vanessa had immediately burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry.... I didn't...."

"What is it? What's wrong?"

He had taken her in his arms then, holding her against him while she sobbed, her tears soaking his shirt.

Burying her face in his chest she had just kept repeating, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry."

Panicking he held her away from him at arms-length and, with his heart thumping wildly, he had looked her in her blue eyes.

"Are you leaving me Vani? Is that it? Did sleeping with Paulo make you realise you want more?"

She had shaken her head, "No, no, I love you... but... I didn't know.... I...."

"What is it Vanessa. Please... you're scaring me... tell me... what's wrong?"

The alarm in his expression was plain for her to see and she eventually managed to stop crying for a moment.

"I... I'm pregnant."

She clearly remembered whispering the fateful words as if it were only yesterday.

Steve had stared at her, obviously completely stunned, with his mouth hanging open.

"Say something Steve... please... I..." She started to panic as her husband took a moment to process her statement.

"Y... you're pregnant?" He had managed to stammer after almost a full minute.

She had started to cry softly and nodded, "Y... yes."

"How? I mean.... What...."

"If you don't know how after all these years then you've been missing something." She couldn't help but smile through her tears at his comment.

"Is it... is it Paulo's?"

A look of anger had flashed across her face, "Of course it is. What sort of slut do you take me for?"

"Well, Henry has been trying to get into your knickers for some time now so maybe..."

The crack of her hand against his cheek had echoed around the room.

"You fucking bastard." Vanessa had hissed, her face contorting in an angry snarl, "You gave me all the what happens in Ibiza shit and then you say something like that."

"Well, it didn't take much for you to drop your panties for Paulo so why not for Henry."

Suddenly all the anger and vitriol he had been bottling up since their holiday and her fling came pouring out.

"Now I think about it you were probably shagging him before we went away if the truth be known." Steve continued heatedly, "The way you hardly thought twice about the young Spaniard."

"You bastard. The whole Paulo thing was as much you as it was me."

She had gone to slap his face again when he had grabbed her wrist.

"I take it you're having an abortion?"

The colour drained from her face at his question, "You... you're not serious are you?"

His expression confirmed he had meant what he said but he continued regardless.

"Of course I'm fucking serious. You're up the fucking duff with another man's fucking child and it sounds like you're expecting me to be happy about it."

"No I'm not, but that's your answer, to murder it?" Vanessa said in total shock, staring at him and wondering if she ever really knew the man she married.

"Vani it's not mine. I had a vasectomy remember. Everyone knows and I'll just be a bloody laughing stock with our friends and family."

She realised she couldn't answer him, "But... we.... we could..."

"Could what? Move away? What about our children? Remember Kyle and Scarlet? How are you going to explain this to them?" Steve continued to rant at her.

Beaten she slumped onto the sofa, tears streaming down her cheeks again.

"Please Steve.... I can't do this alone."

"It's your choice, you either get rid of it or me."

She looked up at him, horrified at his ultimatum, "I... I can't murder a... my baby."

"Then I guess it's me that's going."

"What... you can't... what about us, what about the kids?"

"Enough Vani, this is your mess, you sort it out. I'm out of here."

"What.... What do you mean?" A sudden feeling of alarm surged through her and she stood up staring at him.

"I'm not staying here. I'm not some cuckold for everyone to laugh at. People will know the bastard isn't mine."

With that he had stormed out of the room and headed up the stairs leaving her to sit down heavily on the sofa, unable to comprehend what was happening in her life. Of all the reactions she had tried to think of her husband packing his bags and walking out had been at the end of the list.

She had expected him to be shocked, to be angry but to walk out on twenty-five years of marriage, that wasn't something she had anticipated. However, the things he had said and the way he had said them left her in no doubt he meant every word he had uttered.

Staring into space she was still sitting on the sofa when her husband returned with two holdalls filled with his things.

"I'll come back for the rest later." He stated flatly.

"You... you're really going?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I think it's for the best, for me anyway."

"What about the kids?"

"You can say what you want to them. I'll tell them the truth, so be warned."

Vanessa's shoulders slumped in defeat. There wasn't much she could say or do so she decided to do nothing, at least for the moment.

"Are you coming back?" She finally asked, her voice heavy with resignation, knowing what his answer would be.

"Nope. I'll contact a solicitor. I'll let you know who it is."

She stood up, completely numb, "I guess it's goodbye then?"

Steve snorted derisively and picked up his bags, "Yeah I guess so."

Slumping back onto the couch she heard the door close as her husband of twenty-five years walked out of her life.             

For the rest of the weekend Vanessa alternated between fits of deep despair and periods of absolute rage. There were times where she just sat and sobbed, almost uncontrollably, still in love with her husband. Then there were the other times when she moved about the house resigned to what had happened and hating Steve for what he was doing and what he had said.

It didn't help matters when her children contacted her; Kyle calling her a cheating slut and saying he wanted nothing more to do with her while Scarlet simply cried and couldn't understand why she had done what she had.

Both had put the phone down on her and when she tried to call them back they had refused to answer.

Obviously Steve had got to them and put his own point of view, and while she couldn't deny what she had done, she was certain he hadn't painted her in a good light.

By the time Monday arrived Vanessa had calmed down a lot and felt able to face work. Although she made no mention of her situation to anyone and got through her day as quietly as possible.

However, things just got worse when she arrived home and found a hand delivered letter waiting for her; her husband had appointed a solicitor who would be contacting her in the next few days.

Pouring herself a glass of wine she looked at it for a minute and then emptied it away. There would be times in the future when, despite being pregnant, she would need a drink but now wasn't one of them.

Spending her evening re-reading his letter Vanessa could feel her anger building; how could he treat her like this after 25 years, he was as much to blame for what had happened in Ibiza as her. By the time she went to bed she had decided that she wasn't going to let her husband have things all his own way, if he wanted a fight she would give him one.

Arriving in the office early the next morning she had gone straight to Henry Lassiter's office.

"Could I have a word please Henry." Pausing in his office doorway Vanessa asked her boss.

Henry was quite a bit older than Vanessa but even at fifty-two he was still a good-looking man with the physique of someone fifteen years younger. Six feet tall with a full head of dark hair, albeit grey around the edges, he kept himself fit and toned by regular gym visits and a lot of cycling.

"Vanessa, how lovely to see you." He smiled at her a little lecherously, "Come in, come in. Take a seat. What can I do for you?"

Closing his door, she perched herself on his visitor's chair and took a deep breath; she knew it would be difficult to tell him her story but if she wanted his help she would have to be honest.

"I'm pregnant." Not knowing what else to say she blurted out the first thing that came into her head.

"I see." Henry Lassiter steepled his fingers and frowned, "And the problem is?"

She took another deep breath knowing she had to admit everything, "It isn't Steve's."

"Ah I see. Does he know?"

Vanessa nodded, "Yes, he had a vasectomy after Scarlet was born. He's found himself a solicitor and he's filing for divorce."

"So, there's definitely no mistake then?"

"No." She shook her head, "It... it happened while we were on... on holiday."

"And where was your husband when this all took place."

"It... I mean Paulo and I... well there were two occasions." Swallowing nervously, she blushed knowing she had to tell him everything, "He was in our apartment waiting for me to come back the first time and the second night I didn't return until the morning."

Henry pursed his lips and considered her statement for a moment before responding.

"I presume, from the fact you're telling me all this, that you want me to represent you?"

She nodded again, "I know your fees are expensive but I want the best and I wondered...."

Waving away her comment he looked hard at her, "I have a very full day today but why don't we have dinner this evening? Then we can discuss the matter properly."

"I... I guess that would be ok."

Vanessa was well aware of Henry's long-term interest in her and she had, albeit reluctantly, hoped to use it to reduce the cost of retaining his services.

"Excellent. I'll pick you up at seven o'clock." He smiled again, "Dress to impress, it's a classy restaurant."

Leaving work a little earlier than usual Vanessa drove home wondering if she was doing the right thing.

For the last two years or more she had turned down all of Henry's invitations to lunch, dinner or coffee not wanting to give him the wrong signals. She had been married then and took her vows seriously, at least she had until Ibiza. Now she wasn't sure of anything except of her anger at the way her husband had treated her.

She was still pondering her decision to have dinner with him as she lay in the bath shaving her legs and mound in preparation for spending the evening with him.

Her dilemma, as she saw it, was simple; on the one hand she was still married to Steve and aside from the holiday in Ibiza she had always respected her marriage vows. But, on the other, she had broken those vows with Paulo and she had to make up her mind if she was angry enough with her husband to do something she might regret later.

Not making a hasty decision she sat down to put on her make-up; plenty of mascara, a little eyeliner and eye shadow as well as a shiny red lip gloss, before brushing out her blonde hair and leaving it loose.

Knowing her pregnancy would start to show soon enough Vanessa went out of her way to look good. Partly for Henry but also for herself, at least while she still could.

Slipping on a pair of black hold up stockings with a matching black lace thong and bra she selected a tight, strappy red dress. Revealing a sufficient amount of cleavage to look sexy it came down to a few inches above her knees and, along with her black 2" heels, emphasised her shapely legs.

Putting on a silver necklace she checked her watch and saw there were just a few minutes before Henry arrived. She barely had time to collect her bag and jacket before the doorbell rang and, exact to the minute, he arrived.

"Wow, I know I said dress to impress but you look sensational Vanessa."

Her cheeks coloured at the compliment, "Thank you."

Escorting her out to his rather plush Mercedes he opened the door for her before slipping into the driver's seat next to her and starting the car.

It was just a short twenty-minute journey to the restaurant he had chosen and all the way there her uncertainties over what she was doing continued to plague her mind.

He was definitely attractive, even though he was fifteen years older than her, good-looking and physically appealing, but could she sleep with him if that was what he wanted?

"We're here."

She was still preoccupied with her thoughts when he announced that they had arrived at their destination. Looking over at him she blushed as she realised she hadn't said a word to him for the whole of the time she had been in the car.

"I'm sorry.... I was... thinking."

"It's ok Vanessa. I'm sure you have a lot on your mind. We can discuss it all over dinner.

Giving him a smile, she waited as he came round to open her door, providing him with a glimpse of her stockinged thighs as she turned and slipped elegantly out of the car.

As soon as they were seated in the restaurant she went to start the conversation but Henry raised his hand, "Let's enjoy our food first. Then we can discuss your.... your situation over coffee."

Dinner was as good as Henry said it would be and after finishing their meal along with an excellent bottle of wine, of which Vanessa only had one glass, they both sat back with their coffee's.

It was Henry who went first, "First of all, I'm happy to represent you Vanessa but, even with a discount, my fees are... expensive. Is that going to be a problem?"

As he said it he smiled at her, his dark eyes flickering briefly down to her cleavage.

It was the part of the conversation she knew was coming and that she had dreaded. Pausing for a second she tried to make sense of the conflicting thoughts that were filling her head; about her wedding vows, what a shit her husband was being, her impending divorce and, of course, her pregnancy.

That was the moment she made her decision, for better or worse she needed a good lawyer and Henry Lassiter was the best she knew.

"I'm not sure I have the money to pay you Henry." She took a deep breath, her stomach a hard knot, and stared meaningfully into his eyes.

Thoughtfully he considered her statement for a few moments as he looked back at her, his eyes locked onto hers.

"Whatever happens between us it has to remain utterly confidential. I can't have anyone thinking that I might be responsible for your... your condition. Is that agreed?"

When he finally spoke it was in a quiet voice that wouldn't be overheard.

Vanessa took a deep breath, "Agreed."

He smiled, "Good. Now tell me everything that happened on your holiday."

For the next thirty minutes Vanessa related every embarrassing detail of what had occurred while they were in Ibiza as Henry listened patiently. Occasionally he would interrupt to ask a question, usually regarding clarification of something she or Steve had said but mostly he sat and took in everything she said.

Finally, blushing profusely, she sat back, "Well, what do you think?"

"Do you want to fight it? Go for a reconciliation?"

She considered it for a moment before answering.

"No. No I don't think so. Not now. Not after the things he said."

"Ok, well I'll be honest, if they file on the grounds of your adultery he will win. Our best option will be to maximise what you get from any settlement."

"What... even though he... he agreed to me sleeping with Paulo."

Henry nodded, "I'm afraid so. His agreeing to be cuckolded helps us a little but has no relevance in law. The fact is you did have sex with the young barman on two occasions and you are pregnant with his child."

Vanessa paled and gazed across the table unable to respond.

His words had summed up her situation precisely.

"But you will take it on, won't you?"

"Of course, I've wanted you for a long time Vanessa, I don't intend to pass up the opportunity to have you sharing my bed."

She swallowed nervously, despite her concerns and uncertainty she had committed herself to her chosen course of action and, for better or worse, she would go through with it. The depth of her anger at her husband seemed limitless and she was determined to make a statement to him.

Settling the bill Henry escorted Vanessa out to his car, opening the door for her before slipping into the driver's seat and starting the engine.

"My place?"

Nodding she felt unable to speak, her throat was dry and her heart was pounding against her ribcage. Was she actually going to do this?

The short drive to his rather plush apartment was conducted mostly in silence as Vanessa continued to struggle with her inner conflict over what she was about to do. Certainly, Henry was attractive enough, she had always thought that although she had never succumbed to his advances before tonight. However, she was aware she was still married and, aside from Paulo, she had never broken her marriage vows in twenty-five years.

"Are you sure about this?" Henry asked as he pulled his car into the parking garage beneath the small luxury block of flats.

"Yes I'm sure." She replied, certain she wasn't but aware she had little option, "Steve wants to divorce me and I need to come out of this with whatever I can."

"Well, I think we can manage to get you a fair settlement."

Stepping out of the car when he opened the door for her she gave him another tantalising glimpse of her stocking tops before allowing him to escort her up to his apartment on the top floor.