What is ANR (Adult Nursing Relationship)?

Story Info
A simple explanation of the adult nursing relationship kink.
969 words
4.72
3.5k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Adult Nursing Relationships, often represented by the abbreviation ANR, are relationships that occur between a man and a woman where the man nurses at the woman's breasts.

Unlike the related kink Adult Breastfeeding (ABF), a kink that involves the drinking of milk from the breast, adult nursing relationships may or may not involve lactation and milk. ABF is often focused on both the nursing and the actual consumption of milk (by an adult and from a woman's breast), the focus or motivation of ANR is rather the intimate relationship between the adult man and the adult woman during the physical act of nursing. This type of alternative relationship is most commonly found between two people in a committed relationship, though it can sometimes occur between people outside of a relationship (for example, a man could pay a sex worker to engage in ANR).

In the world of kink, ANR is usually considered a lifestyle. Those living this alternative lifestyle often have a relationship where the man and the woman set aside time out of every day to engage in adult nursing, in the same way that a couple in a more "traditional" relationship might cuddle, sit on a sofa together, sleep together (not sex), or kiss. People who wish to be in ANRs often seek out others who understand their needs and the levels of commitment that they require.

While the act of nursing is the intimate act in Adult Nursing Relations, if the man and woman in an ANR wish for milk to be a part of their interactions, steps can be taken to induce lactating without pregnancy. These are the same steps that would be used if the couple was involved in an ABF relationship or if the woman needed milk for some other purpose (nursing after an adoption, etc.).

There are many different reasons for both the man and the woman in the relationship to engage in an ANR. Some of the most common are:

1. Connection to femininity -- ANR is common among women who are unable to have children of their own. These women seek out an ANR as a means of finding the emotional satisfaction that they're unable to get with children of their own. They get to enjoy the sensation of breast feeding, possibly producing milk, and growing a deep connection with someone who consumes what their bodies create to nourish them.

2. Intimacy -- One of the main draws for the people within the relationship is to harbor intimacy between them. The hormones that it creates in the couple's bodies can work to facilitate a feeling of closeness with each other. It also produces a relaxing effect on both partners and helps them to feel safe with each other. On top of that, the act is also known to reduce stress in the nurse and the nursed.

These are the most common reasons for a couple to engage in an ANR, but not the only ones. While it typically is not a sexual act, it can be if both partners are aroused by it.

ANR is seen by some as an outlier in the world of kink and has been derided outside of the safe spaces created in kink positive communities. Several media outlets have reported on it in the past with the sensationalist slant of it being done by perverts for perverted reasons. These portrayals are generally done to shock mainstream audiences while ignoring the fact that many Adult Nursing Relationships have nothing at all to do with sex and are more about intimacy.

Adult Nursing History & Origin

The first known portrayal of an ANR comes in the form of a painting. The statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary can be seen breastfeeding Alonso Cano (d. 1667) from a distance.

It may also be traced back in the written word to Platina in the fifteenth century during the Italian Renaissance. He writes, "Easy to digest and containing all the nutrients that had been consumed originally by the mother, [breast milk] is the ideal food for the aged and infirm."

Adult Nursing Relationships Word Usage & Variants

"He needs the comfort of an adult nursing relationship."

"The couple engaged in an ANR to strengthen their emotional bond."

"For many in the ANR community, the act of adult breastfeeding is about much more than just the physical act of nursing."

"ANR may not be for everyone, but those who practice it find it to be a source of comfort, connection, and love in their relationship."

Sources

Lactation Wiki https://lactation.wiki/wiki/Adult_Nursing_Relationships

Rolling Stone Magazine https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/inside-the-misunderstood-world-of-adult-breastfeeding-249376/

Strange History http://www.strangehistory.net/2010/07/12/adult-breast-feeding-in-the-renaissance-and-early-modern-world/

Popularity on Literotica

Adult Nursing Relationship is a niche kink, but those in the lifestyle, or curious about it, are usually extremely dedicated and interested in finding others who share their interests. Since ANR Stories may or may not contain any actual sexual activity, or even lactation, the stories in the ANR kink tend to appeal to people in the lifestyle and may sometimes seem confusing (or even frustrating) to those searching for "sex stories". ANR authors and readers form a community of people who support and encourage each other, like many other niche kinks.

Categories Where Adult Nursing Relationship Stories Are Found

Fetish - most ANR stories are published in the Fetish category on Literotica.

Audio - there are a few erotic audio creators who publish ANR audio stories here.

Popular Adult Nursing Relationship Story Tags

ANR

Adult Nursing Relationship

Lactation

Nursing

Milk

Breastfeeding

Related Kinks

ABR Adult Breastfeeding -- a related but different kink where a man drinks milk from a woman's breasts.

Lactation -- The production of milk in the mammary glands of a woman.

Feeding -- The act of one person suckling and feeding off the breasts of another person for sexual gratification.