What it Takes Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Again and again, they fucked the poor girl to exhaustion, her body delighting at the combined cum infusion once the men had their second blow. Delight because it was over and she could rest. Eva lost count of her climaxes, needing a long time on that bed to recover while Jack would see to the cleaning of her holes. There were awkward laughs between him and Mark, but this was something they were doing again.

About an hour later would the couple clear out with the woman limping just a tad. There was a temptation to be mad, but her body was very satisfied with that overwhelming sensation. She was good on sex for a while.

"Ugh... feeling a bit sore in a very good way. That felt better than usual."

"Should I be worried?" He wasn't.

"Nah. It was good because you were there. Just... better. Though, the box needs some time off. Only blowjobs tomorrow if you want any."

"Fine with that."

They were taking slow and deliberate steps out of the building. There was no rush. At least for now.

"Think we should tell him or something? Feels like the guy's becoming more to us." Jack proposed.

"I... have to think about it. Yeah, Mark's being a good friend. None of us like keeping secrets, but I think he's beyond a point where it's any use." The Empire valued truth.

"Sounds like he has an interest in Vella. If it's mutual..."

"Yeah, he's gonna tell quick enough. Maybe he already has an idea. I'll see if it is."

There was a sound like a notification. Eva knew it was not from her phone. She had to retreat somewhere to not be noticed as the link was pulled out to check it. And her face fell immediately.

"What?" Jack caught on.

"Emergency meeting. And that's serious. We only had one before and it was for the news of the guy who got in with bad intentions."

He was tempted to joke about why the boy did not warrant an emergency meeting, but her face spoke volumes about why it was not a good idea. It was a time to get serious. Special order to meet out of usual sight with a special ride to get them there. This time he would not be phased by the black cab. Tension was high.

The car would pick them up within minutes.

*

Sophie's mansion was modest for the means. It was still far bigger than most people were used to, on grounds big enough to give privacy. With the atmosphere as it was, Jack did not linger to exhibit awe at the many signs of luxury. It was a big and expensive place and that was all they saw for now.

They were ushered in by one of the girls, to show everyone having gathered or being on the way. The group had just about 27 people with guys in the minority with just 6 of them including Jack and Frank. While some had spread to other rooms, the focus was on the dining room where a grim sight awaited them both.

Jasmine was laid down on the table with a sheet under her and one draped over, only her face shown at the time. Clearly, she had nothing else on but that was something no one was paying attention to. Instead, the much more obvious sight was the bloody hole in her forehead that pushed outwards. She was dead... and starting to go cold.

"No, no, no, no no... how could this happen?!"

The boy had been to funerals before. The dour atmosphere was the same. But something felt off. The woman who would have awaited them in just a few days with a visit was in no way pretending, there was worry on everyone's face... but something did not match. The caretaker would come to them with a sad expression, prompting a hug needed more for comfort than joy. They both took to it without care for her status.

"We'll talk when Frank gets here. But she was found in the park. Not by their authorities. Could not risk that. Things would get complicated."

"But... she went dating, not... the other thing!" Eva cried out. "Wait..."

"Yes. That is the subject. We'll see this through."

Jack felt quite sad for her. And angry at the world. She'd come here to help them out, to give to people. The motherly woman was all heart and hurt for this cursed planet. The facts connected in his mind as well and there was a grand desire to punish whoever did this. Again he had no realistic means to help them.

They'd shuffle over to a couch to just fall in and join in the silence. Heads turned to the side every time another person came in to see why the meeting was called and possibly reach the same conclusion. Finally, it was Frank's turn. The boy wondered why he was not here FIRST. He had a briefcase with him that looked heavy.

"Just so you all know, I'm far more pissed than anyone. Whoever did this is not gonna get away with it! But we can't lose our heads. Now, let's find out who might be to blame."

An eyebrow was raised as it seemed the boy was the only one in the room to NOT know what was about to happen. That expression caught by Eva and the chance to get better by helping him provided a small smile.

"Oh, right... you didn't hear about this. Just watch."

The briefcase was set on the table with a resounding THUNK. It was heavy, alright. Everyone gathered in the room to watch the process from a good distance away. As it opened, the inside was revealed to contain another box of clean and silvery design that clued Jack in that whatever it contained was not made on Earth. Frank even had to provide biometrics to open it. And finally came the contents. The man lifted up something that resembled a two-headed handheld electric drill. The middle had a handle for him to take hold of it, the other hand directing it to activate. From its twin heads came out two very unpleasant-looking tubes which looked to be intended for stabbing into things.

"Good thing you're not alive to feel this, Jaz." He let out.

Everyone cringed as the two metal rods were aligned and plunged right into her eyes. Jack had his hands grip his girl much stronger than intended. That was NOT something anyone wanted to experience. The device gave a sound to confirm the insertion and there was just another push before it whirred to life. Satisfied ding for it to be removed and returned. It was useless now.

At first, the boy wondered what the point of all that was, especially as the woman's retina was no doubt damaged far beyond means to be used again... and then he noticed them starting to reform... as did the hole in her head. And everything else. The repair process began and there was just a low sound of flesh mending itself... until the gesture by the corpse made the Earthling almost scream.

Jasmine coughed and stood up for just a moment before falling back down, coughing again before normal breathing resumed. A much-delayed flinch before her eyes looked around. The situation shift felt instant to her.

"Oh, that happened." She let out.

"DID YOU GUYS JUST BRING HER BACK FROM THE DEAD?!" Jack had to cry out.

His outburst actually made the room tension drop. A smile and laugh, especially from Eva who let this happen.

"Yeah, nanites to repair and restart everything." The man said with pride. "Hell to get a hold of... the things are hard to program with universal use. But we had some on standby for the operation."

"You thought she was gone. Sorry. Didn't mean to hold it." A girl added in.

"Ugh, I still feel like death! Everything is stiff." The not-dead woman commented.

"Rigor mortis set in. You'll need a bit of time for it to go away." The man smiled at her.

The boy did help remind them that this feat was still amazing and that such things could be reversed. There was still a heavy subject, but they could take it in stride. Sometimes the little things do help.

"The problem..." Sophie started the meeting. "Is that someone came after her not for the vigilante activities, but for the dating. Or that's what we were running with. Jasmine, would you mind telling us what you remember of the event?"

"Well, I was out looking for a guy. Noticed one fitting the idea after a while. We agreed to it and went over to the park for privacy." She added the important details without being prompted. "In retrospect, he was far too eager for it and accepted quickly. And he was very nervous. He just said his name was Joe but that could have been a fake name."

"Looks like the shot came from behind. Did he do it?"

"No, he was in front of me, looked at me, then over my shoulder. Someone else."

"Sounds like he was luring you there. A two-man job. You had your stuff taken, but not the link. Didn't bother for something that looked like a button."

Jack was watching the scene with astonishment. At least on Earth, it had to be a premiere for the murder victim to give testimony. He was not quite aware of how he lightened the atmosphere.

"But why?" The boy had to ask.

"Well, let's run through the options." Frank started. "Plain robbery? No... they had no guarantee and even if they did, they prefer a holdup rather than a murder. Sticks worse if it gets here. They took her stuff as an afterthought to seem that way. And maybe look in her phone for more of us."

"I already sent her phone the message to brick itself." Tom mentioned. "Shame they no longer made those phones that explode."

That was a funny thought. But it was better to know that lead was done.

"Just a serial killer or something like that? No... we have the measure of them all. At best it's a start of one." The head kept with the string of logic. "It was premeditated but seemed to target someone like her, aware of someone like her. So it's not just us jumping to conclusions."

Eva voiced the obvious conclusion.

"Someone is hunting us."

"Arguably, we can say that it was asked with our less than gentle methods. For that... I could excuse them." The man said with a calm that hid his fury. "But now they have done so for our other competition. True, it is a competition. But not one played in such a way."

"I think it's a woman who wanted this to happen." Sophie added. "She didn't pull the trigger... they don't do that. But she asked."

"Possibly one of those simp lords."

More than one face turned to her as the release of tension was welcome.

"It's what some call those women with five boyfriends. Don't think it's someone who did it before. You said the guy was nervous. If he was career the man would have been confident and friendly. First time."

"And possibly two of those doing the deed." The caretaker added. "Like the enslaved men they are. Pitiful."

"Well, they're the ones to escalate it. We're just gonna defend ourselves. So what do we have to lead us to them?"

"Nothing." Tom said. "The locale had no cameras... only pretended to... I have no clear face on the guy and locator for phone got us nowhere relevant."

That made a lot of people upset. The mood in the room was not a good one.

"Then we have only one idea. But that's only if Jasmine here wants to do it. I'd want to ship her home right now."

"You want to use me as bait." She concluded. "Have me go out again while one of you watches, see who gets spooked from seeing a woman they thought was dead... trail them home." A pause. "I don't want to, but neither do I want any of you girls being next."

"We don't know if they'll stop here or continue. But usually, if people see no consequences they just keep doing it. Maybe not to us, but to others. For whatever reason. Force solved one problem, why not another?"

That had been the story of many criminals. They do it once, and nothing happens. They do it again, but nothing happens. Keep doing it with confidence until finally there is enough to lead back and by that time they are outright confident in their position. A grand surprise when consequences catch up.

"You don't have to do it, Jaz. We can just go out with backup. Be a lot more prepared. This can't be easy." Came from the crowd.

"I'm not a coward." She said with smugness. It might have had more impact if the girl could get up from the table and was not naked. "But I think we need to relax a bit before that."

"The day has been hard. For tonight, you can all sleep here. I've got plenty of room and beds." Sophie offered. "Maybe a late dinner could help us."

It did make things easier. There was still tangible tension in the air, but it got a bit better as a few girls flocked to the kitchen to cook, and others sought out some partners to just collectively unwind in more or less sexual ways. Several stood by Jasmine's side.

And they barely noticed who was missing until it was too late.

*

The last few days have been a rollercoaster of emotions for the boy. This smoke outside with his boss was well-needed.

"Is it always like this?"

"With us? No. First here as well. It was quiet for months."

Tom had even dropped the disguise, showing the dark blue chassis of synthetic design. Everything about his form was unnatural save for the clothes, but it felt far more comforting to see him like this. People liked when robots looked like robots.

"Well, it has been interesting, at least. Time with you guys has been some of the best I had."

"That's kinda sad. But I guess this is how this place is. Most don't know the value of community."

"Weird coming from you at times."

"What, you think I was just built like this and started programming from the first minute?" A chuckle. "Mind of a child at first. Went to school, had my own community. Not real parents, but... people to care. At times I forget what I am because no one treats me differently."

"No problems with racism or stuff like that, eh?"

"We know our differences and keep to those. Humans are versatile, Tan read emotions, Synths are more machine, Gull are comically strong and resilient, Raff have more strength or agility and Zox are tentacle monsters. But once that's done... we're people. Can all be stupid, horny, and more. The only thing that matters is what we do."

"Damn. People here are afraid of machines because they might take them over, finding it much better for them to be in charge."

"Well, if they get enslaved and treated as tools even when they have sentience... think that prompts for some defiance. But they never did that with us or the Zox. Just... welcome to being people. We saw how often something or other was enslaved in the galaxy. The smallest difference means he does the work so I don't. Not that I disapprove of people using tools, just immoral once the tools think."

Jack had a bigger respect for the astorian people. They could indeed do so much worse and yet they didn't. Felt like a miracle.

"Hey, on a tangent... do you guys have the whole cycle of smart people, stupid people, good times and bad?"

"Nah. We DID once but that was solved. Why you can't inherit fortune or get it from anything but your own actions. Then every generation has to work to keep things going. Yeah, I noticed that happening. The old guys not willing to let go of their houses for a thousand times more than they got for it, women doing what they do now. We taught people why to not do that. Because you don't just reap the good times. You make use of them and then set things for the next guys. Now it's taught in school. Here's the benefits over leaving things as they are and having a passive gain... and here's your sudden reward if you destroy it and your long term costs."

"Those guys will never find someone to buy their houses. Can't sell if no one has any money."

"Yeah, looks fine at first... I'm getting rich. Then things go down, and down and down... and it's someone else's fault and not mine. Those are just people who forgot the second tenet. Community. Though our fortune system also keeps that in check. Only way to get rich is by helping others."

"You guys really go on just two commandments?"

"Covers all we need. If you're a coward, you've got little use. But if you do things for yourself and not others... who's gonna be there when you need it? Who's gonna care for those old people who just threw their kids in the world? Their money? Money doesn't care and has no loyalty. It leaves you faster than it arrives."

"So you don't care for it that much. Okay, think I got it. Sorry if I'm getting all deep and stuff."

Tom gave a chuckle.

"Hey, helps with the atmosphere. Kinda feel down a bit that I couldn't do more."

"Dude, tell me about it! I have no fucking idea how to help!"

"You help by being here. Sometimes that's enough."

"Quite the conversation here." They heard it from behind.

Sophie had been listening only for a bit. Just enough to find a good moment to intervene.

"Just airing some stuff out. Jasmine any better?" The boy was worried.

"She's going to need a full day to recover. We wanted to move her to a bed but she fought against it. Said she wanted to be with us." A giggle from the woman. "Didn't even care to get dressed."

"Uh... was it necessary that she be naked?"

"You got here once the hard part was over! Ever been there when someone dies? They void their bowels. Her clothes might need several runs through the washer."

Jack noticed that the woman was clearly not her usual composed self. A few looks were traded between the guys before Tom excused himself away on the premise of checking on the woman.

"Feels like you took it pretty bad." The man said with no shame.

"I did."

Sophie was now dressed in a much more casual attire fit for the home. Loose and flowing, her advance on the outdoor seating area hid nothing from the man in terms of her inner feelings. At her request to not be included in the sex activities, Jack was keeping his eyes aimed only at her face. The woman got seated opposite of him, in no way bothered by his ongoing smoke.

"And I came in thinking we were gonna bury her. But it's still a hard hit. Guess we all got shaken. My problems feel a bit small right now."

"They aren't. But that's the magic of it. When you worry about others, your own situation suddenly does not feel as bad." A smile was given. "So, talk to me. What worries you? Other than today."

"Well, I sort of already talked to Tom about it. But mostly I feel like crap because I have no idea how I can help. But it's more than that. I have no idea how to help Eva. Feels like she's having such a hard time and the best I can offer is..."

"Yourself. And it is enough. Trust me... it is always enough. Those that ask for more will never be happy with whatever else you can imagine she needs."

"Well, I want to be able to protect her and help and... so much."

"Good. And you can. It all seems so big until you get to the moment. And then it's not. Take it one at a time."

"Sounds like just the simple inspirational stuff going around." Beat. "No offense."

"And none taken. But sometimes it is like that. She has to ask for it and you can give it. Relax. We'll deal with everything as it comes. And I'm not saying that from us having resources."

He took a pause to consider it.

"Is this all we really need?"

"No, but it's the first thing we need. With it, we can get everything else."

Her words were backed by experience. Sophie did not need her riches and knew to live without them, relished the times without them. There were many problems in the world, but he did not have to solve them all. Just the ones in his hand.

"Better?" She asked.

"It's gonna need a bit to sink in, but... yeah. You feeling better?"

"Maybe saying those words helped me believe them as well. We'll deal with this."

"You said you talked to that god guy. Any particular reason why he would not help out for an easier way?"

"Why don't you ask him?"

That made Jack just stop. Did she just ask him to summon a god and question his reasons? He did know that the man heard when the name was said. It just took a lot of bravery to actually DO it.

"Uh... James... do you mind helping out with this?"

"I kinda mind."

The appearance was silent. To the boy's right and Sophie's left appeared the figure that was so human and iconic in that outfit. Still one to scare people after the purge. Same eyes as always, while the one to place the call had his wide open. Thankfully, the outsider continued speaking.