What it Takes Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did that actually happen?" She asked.

"More or less. You won't have to engage in something so dramatic every time. But you have to fight it every day and win. It's gonna try to keep tempting you."

"So... did that... do it? I don't feel any different."

"It's subtle. People like that... learn to use a crutch to enable their power. Something to justify it. A symbol to warm them. But for now, just think of that mental space again, think of how all there is as you want, bounce back up, and tell IT what to do." He pointed offhand to one of the trees in the empty lot. "Do something there."

This took focus. Like a momentary reach inside to take that thing by the hair and smash it into the dirt before pointing to her target. A branch... swaying in the wind. Until it was cut and collapsed to the ground. The woman pulled out a fresh smoke before focusing again... fire... let there be fire. It gave the darkness a stern reminder of who was in charge... and the white tube had its end ignite for a very satisfied pull. She gave a wide grin.

"After a while, it becomes automatic." The deity said. "Still a lot to go, but now the world has far fewer rules for you. Welcome to being the first astorian ascended. And the second that I know of to not become an asshole."

"Can't be the only ones. We're not the only strong people."

"The harsh truth is that eventually, it does win with most. Too much going on, too much power. You slip once and it comes in. And then it spreads."

"Is there no way to get rid of it and... be free? But still... do something. Why not put up the old rules again?"

"Because he's there as well. Need to start anew. But I did. Told you people can cheat. I'm going to make a new world where the focus will be pleasure. For it to be all incentive everywhere for people to do things. It's gonna need a hell of a fine-tuning. But that... will be what I make spread... all around... and consume him until nothing is left."

"You work a lot more than we think, don't you?"

"Why I always come around to have some fun. This is refreshing. Nice to see this little project came out well."

To bring him joy felt like a luxury. To help him fight it. The woman thought back to his words.

"So you were here to see me do this. But... what were you checking up on? Anything around here you know?"

He had a big grin on her face.

"Well, you ARE in my apartment."

Eva almost had whiplash. Looking around at the place... she saw it with new eyes.

"You're the guy that died here?!"

"I didn't die. Just went away. But it TRIED to do that last-moment bullshit. And it failed."

The knife was brought out of his pocket. By now, his hand was alright. Eva realized just what she was using all this time. That thing might as well be a relic. Now she even saw the similarity to his sword.

"You must have some grand idea of this being some heirloom, passed down from my father and his father before him, generations of my family enjoying its service." The man held it up by the handle and looked it over. "Bought it from Wish for ten bucks. Really good cooking knife. The workers who renovated this place after the fire were too spooked to steal it. They stole the AK bayonet... might as well, that thing was shit... couldn't even hold an edge."

She had to chuckle at how he did not wish to hold any detail to grandeur. This place... where her and Jack had fucked in the bed, had plenty of good mornings and so much more... was his. Once. It might be fit for pilgrimage... or more. But he did not like that sort of reverence.

"You sure this place isn't on some cosmic ley line or something?"

"No, I asked. No such thing. Sometimes things are simple." The man let out the truth.

"Okay, who can you ask? Sounds like there's someone else."

"Well, that will be for me to keep the drama until a meeting is arranged. But someone who hates God and is on our side. Someone who is helping."

"Fine, keep your secrets." Beat. "I know it was that thing talking, but if you can just do all this... why not just help everyone, everywhere and take it all away?"

"Because in doing so you weaken them. You take all the power for yourself. For now... pain has to exist in a measured amount to let people get stronger. And it's addicting... you have to know when to step in and when to let people deal. Or it's just domination by kindness."

"Cruel to be kind, huh? But I can still solve some problems others can't. That's when I step in."

A smile from him. They were precious.

"Keep onto that. It's what kept me straight. Give people a chance, if just one. And try not to mess with minds. It might as well be killing people, stripping them of their choice. And that one's the easiest to corrupt you. Now, it's been a long fucking night. I assume you want to sleep properly."

"That thing will be back in my dreams. Fight it again?"

"Or maybe it will get the message and leave you alone a bit. You're right... it is a coward. A prideful, gluttonous, wrathful and lustful thing. It's all the evils of the world waiting to get out. And this is why this place has hope. They're struggling, but still keeping it at bay." Beat. "Most of the time."

"Just gotta give them the weapons to fight it far better."

Fatigue was indeed getting to her. She could wish it away. Reach in and tell the pain to fuck off. Breathe and feel reinvigorated. But that was another thing it wanted... to tempt her into the easy way for every solution. And sleep had value... especially with someone.

Perhaps later could the girl try rending space to traverse distances, but for now James would drop her off in the room where she had almost committed an atrocity to plunge her world into darkness. There was light if one looked for it, but if black was what she wanted to see it would be all she ever saw.

Eva would slip everything off before getting into bed with her lover, ready to sleep soundly.

*

There was a much-needed apology to be given once they woke up. And a story that few would believe. All were still there with her, digesting the facts given. Jasmine was on her feet but still had trouble walking. While the community felt good to know their one threat was done, they would still have to be far more careful.

"So... you can do that sort of thing now? Anything?" Frank asked.

"Takes a bit of focus and not everything. Need to practice. But I can do small things that you can't explain."

"Mind... showing something?"

Eva pointed to one of the candles set around the place before she took one lesson the man took her. Drama. Had more power when she used feeling. A finger snap to have the wick go aflame from across the room. Sure, there were ways to do it, but even under the closest scientific scrutiny, that was a supernatural event.

"Babe... could you stop being so cool?" Jack asked with a warm smile. "Do I have to learn how to do that to keep up?"

"You don't have to do anything." She turned to him. A kiss given. "And this was difficult."

"Still, we have an understanding of the process now." Frank continued. "Not one to repeat since it looks like you might as well need to torture a guy for it. World just does that passively."

"Yeah, and there's gonna be less of them if we succeed here. Never thought to be fighting against THIS." One of the girls commented. Suddenly their task felt biblical.

"Well, what do you want to do with it? That's all yours and we can't force you to do anything. Even if we get nothing, our scientists will want to study it. Could probably do some much more impressive things."

"I'm gonna... do what I did before. And I think I'll stay here. A while. I'm still not dying on this planet!" She will. "And it's not mine... that's how the other guys think. It's for everyone else."

"Still can't force you to do anything. But... I'm proud you managed to beat that thing."

"We all are. Every day. I'm just kicking it harder. Maybe we can just figure out how to breach in and force it. Take the fight to it when it's such a big loser to not come after us strong."

"Guess we owe James for far more than we ever knew." Sophia said. "Maybe you can become like him."

"I... don't know. Guess it's harder to go to that. I mean, how the fuck do you move on further?"

"Fighting the darkness in a lot of people at once?" Jack considered. "Wait... that actually makes sense!"

"Give up all my secrets, will you?" Was heard from above. Then a chuckle followed. "Yeah, I guess. Feel free. I might need a vacation sometimes while I focus on the side project. SOMEONE has to stay up here and kick God's ass in my stead."

"Maybe I will!" The girl said up to the ceiling. "Someday." Beat. "Okay, can we do something else? Feels like you're putting me on the spot."

That made the atmosphere lighten. Eva would still be the center of attention for a bit, but things had certainly moved to a better spot. Today was an off day for them all no matter what and they'd spend it in what might as well be a party. She had to show off her power a bit more, mostly as they tried to help her practice with purpose. It was getting slightly easier every time.

Still a lot of work to do, but there was hope.

*

Their apartment felt so different now, returning to it... To the privacy of just themselves. Jack still had a hard time taking in all that happened, but it was getting easier. They walked in holding hands and turned on the light before setting down on the bed. Felt like forever since they could talk. Her eyes were still the ones he fell in love with, even with that new strength in them.

"I must really be the luckiest guy. We could have missed each other and just went on forever without this."

"We'd stumble at some point into each other. And don't worry... all this stuff I can do... changes nothing."

"Still feels like I can't compare."

"You don't have to!" A slap to his shoulder, but it was friendly. "Just... be here when I need some backup for the fucker. That's it."

"Felt awesome to hear you turned me into a sword. And I will. Just let me."

"I will." The girl looked down at their hands that held each other. "Wanna get married? I can't imagine going for anyone else now. I mean no one is fucking gonna beat this ever!"

"According to local standards or yours?" He meant the marriage. The flattery was nice.

"Ours. None of that crap. I don't want us to humor this stupid system! We're going after marriage too. Gonna show them how it's done."

"Well, count me in! How does it go?"

"Just us gathering to make the promise. Make it as big as we want. But the point is that it's a contract... that once we say it... that's it... we do it. Right now... we can still maybe fall apart and people understand, but after that... any of us leaves the other and you're a fucking pariah."

"Okay, that sounds... doable. But I meant what is the ceremony like? Wedding dress, priest, reception... stuff like that?"

"Oh. Nothing like that. Dress as you are... actually, we won't be dressed at all for it. Naked. No make-up, no nothing. We just have Sophie declare the event, we make our promises, have the big show of us going at each other. And then we have a party. But it's better for it to just be relaxed. No catering, no event hall... the point is for the community to celebrate it. Okay, we sometimes borrow a great hall for it but we can use Sophie's place."

"Hm. Sounds laid back compared to our big shows. Bet there's an orgy."

"The point is to remember what is important. And yeah, there is. That first moment when you can go around and fuck everyone... and me as well, but everyone is supposed to watch you like a hawk to see if you break it. Sometimes it happens and there has to be a reminder, a little fight that we get helped to patch up. Because after that we aren't allowed to fall apart. We have to be there and go after each other. So if you get pissy I have to chase you down... and same with you." beat. "And I'm never gonna hurt you with... anything I have. So come after me."

"I might... need some help with the things you might do. But... agreed."

And just like that they were going to get married.

"Let's still give it a few months. Need to give time for that initial feeling to go away."

"Well, it's not going away." The man said. "Still see you as I did."

"Yeah, we have to keep that. If we don't, means we don't really care." Beat. "And how do you see me?"

"Still the same angry girl that is cute when she gets passionate, needing a hug to not be sad or calm down, terrible at a lot of stuff... but I like it that way."

And yet she found it a compliment. The things where he could help her.

"You still look like a hopeless nerd with not much going for him, desperate for booty and idiotic at many times."

"Guess that's what you're gonna get stuck with."

The man surged forward for a kiss that was far more passionate than usual. A hungry desire for all that she was. Their clothes were discarded quickly, naked bodies presented once more. At the same time, they were desperate for this, for the moment when all was well once more.

Many grievances remained, many tensions and troubles... but they could take care of them together, starting with this to be a sort of apology sex, to show their insecurities and let the other make it better. To present themselves to each other with all their flaws and trust the other to accept it as it was. Their nude bodies would have the conversation while the make-out continued, muffled moans coming out as even a few tears came out.

He entered her with eagerness, the boy starting to understand the many ways one could have sex and just how his girlfriend got something much different from all else. Even in Jasmine's warm embrace was he not tempted to comfort her so, even with Carmen's passionate fucking did the boy not do as much as he could with Eva... and when she was not declared as such he found a slight barrier in his mind preventing passage. True, he wanted to go beyond it... but only because he saw the potential for more. The desire to do more. Things that were not for him, but for her. He did care for the other girls, but for his girl, there was this automatic ambition to make everything better.

On the alien's side... he was truly her weapon against this darkness... and to use him without giving good care would have that edge break when she needed it. There was no doubt in her mind that this was the man for her and even scouring the empire might only give her someone to remind her of this boy. This distance would not separate them. And with her new abilities, this man could be where she always returns. Her everything to be in there for her... and out here.

She had often regretted coming here, wished to be back for all the things back home that made her feel better. But now Eva started to see what made her happy here. He was here... for her. And Jack had her measure well enough to know she'd be sad over there without her boyfriend. The girl would stay... for him, for everyone... and in the end for herself.

Release came soon enough, bringing them even closer than before. And another... before his stamina was spent. One could just not get enough of this.

"We have to get you some implants. Just some fun ones." She suggested.

"As long as nothing bad happens. But, guess it's back to just relaxing."

"No." She said with a chuckle.

Her hand came down to his rod to give one caress in which she summoned that thing to serve what purpose Eva found for God. Jack's instrument was reinvigorated and eager for more. On one side, he was looking forward to this... but on the other...

"Don't abuse that."

"I can abuse it a little. Guess that's what it is. Abusing things. Matters what I do it for."

"Well, if you decide to do something more exotic... let me know."

"Maybe." She teased.

Back to it they went. The girl still had her lingering fatigue but could go on a bit longer. Ironic at times that women can fuck for more by default yet it's men who could arguably be far more active in a breeding situation. Why harems of male leadership had a bit more support, but they fell apart on a lot of other ideas. This community felt like a harem at times, with every girl and guy in there to allow sex and support him, but his main wife was certainly the one he focused on. It just lacked that aspect of propriety where the others might be forbidden to seek any other options. And neither did Jack have to manage all those people.

More than a month ago, Eva had met him in a bar, a story fit for what modern romance considered standardized. It went in far different directions than either expected. The boy did want to claim her, like how so many guys would want to... but he did so in a way that she approved of. Her story would inspire more to come over to help, create a whole new branch of science studying this process as much as it might let them, the unexplained being slowly explained as one day textbooks could outright define the process if it was quite difficult to repeat. Nobody wanted to force it and considering the situation... one found it better for such things to not emerge due to their cost.

And in time, more ascended would emerge... some more as a result of this world, others in a focused hunt for that internal deity could breed brand new soldiers... mostly Tan. In another thousand years, the empire and Earth might be unrecognizable with their newfound purpose. Such progress takes work and pain... which the outsider still wishes to rid them of.

But that is what it takes.