What The Heart Wants

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David paused, kiss his wife tenderly, and continued.

"They said they would be ok with the idea of us expanding out family; they thought you would love to have baby of your own. Do you? Do you want to have a baby?"

Fiona smiled and cuddled into David.

"David, I would love nothing more than to make a baby with you. Perhaps not tonight, but sometime soon. I see how good you are with children, and the way you raised your girls after Emily passed. Both of them are wonderful young women, and I would hope any child of ours would be just as wonderful. So yes, I want a baby of our own. But tonight, just hold me in your arms and think about it. We have plenty of time to discuss it, and better still, work on making one."

The next days were filled with 'touristy' things, as Keith and his family took David and his family all through the area. But soon it was time to leave, and after many hugs, handshakes, kisses, tears, and plans to stay in touch, the new family found themselves back at the airport, boarding their plane for home... and the real world.

Within days, all four were back at work and getting back into the swing of normal. At the same time, Amanda and Stephanie had started looking for an apartment of their own, so David and Fiona could have the house to themselves. They soon found one they both liked and could afford, and plans were made to move in by March 1.

"Don't worry, dad. You won't get rid of us that easily. We still plan to come over and use the pool and sponge as many meals off you as we can."

The middle of January found David making a trip back to Edinburgh for business. After taking a cab to the office, he was soon in a meeting with all the senior staff, reviewing business plans and the latest financial reports. When that was finished, he asked the staff for any new business to discuss.

"I see on the agenda there is a notation about transfers. Dee, will you fill us in please?"

"Yes. There are two full-time employees who are asking for transfers. I've already spoken to the senior staff, who in turn spoke to the various departments, and everyone is in agreement that the transfers should be approved. The first one is for Rick James, asking for a permanent transfer to the Edinburgh office. The second one is for Dee Wallace to transfer to Edinburgh and lose the 'interim' part of her title."

David was quiet for a moment, letting what Dee said sink in. When he fully realized what she said, he looked around the table and saw everyone was smiling and nodding in agreement. David smiled and laughed.

"Well, when I said I hoped our staffs would learn to work together, I had no idea how well it would go. Are you both sure about this, because I really hate to see you here instead of Phoenix."

"David, I know you've been busy with many things, especially your own life, so you must not have noticed the plus ones Rick and I had at the wedding. He is head over heels for Alice, and I've found someone myself. He doesn't work here, but I would love to have you meet him tonight over dinner. Rick and Alice are also joining us. Please don't veto this, David. It's something we both want."

"Dee, I have no intention of vetoing this. I'll certainly miss seeing both of you everyday at work, but I'm pretty sure we can make up for it via Zoom. So if it's ok with the rest of you, starting today, Dee Wallace will be the permanent CEO and Rick James will be the permanent head of security of Pierce Technologies - Europe. Congratulations!"

After a beat, David announced 'the meeting is adjourned, to be picked up at 4:00 at the pub downstairs'. The staff applauded, and began to congratulate the two newest permanent members of the company.

A few minutes later, Alice came into the meeting room and stepped to David, giving him a tight hug and a kiss on his cheek.

"I know that's probably not appropriate for me to do to my boss, but I really don't care. Thank you so much, Mr. Pierce... I mean David... for doing this for us. I love Rick and I can't wait for us to be together always."

"You're welcome, Alice. And if had really minded the hug I would have said something. I hope you and Rick have a long and happy life together."

That night at dinner, David met Dee's new boyfriend. Angus was born in Glasgow but now lived and worked in Edinburgh. He and Dee met several months earlier and hit it off right away. As they sat at dinner, Dee and Angus couldn't keep their eyes off each other, and it was clear to David they were both in love... and he couldn't be happier.

Later, Dee and David were talking alone.

"So David, be honest with me. What do you think of Angus?"

"I like him, Dee. He seems like a very nice person, and he is clearly in love with you. And you with him. I'm really happy for you, Dee. I hope it all works out for you in the long run. And no matter what, you've got my support."

"Thanks, David. I'm glad you feel that way, because I value your opinion over anyone's. And you're right - I do love him.

"So, on another note, are you doing anything special for Fiona for your first Valentine's Day together?"

"I was going to plan something, but she told me she had it all covered, and that it was part of our honeymoon. So now I just have to wait to see what she's got planned. But whatever it is, I'm sure we'll have fun."

Several weeks later it was Valentine's Day weekend, and David had been told to take off work the week after. When he asked Fiona what he should pack, she told him she was doing all the packing to keep the destination a surprise. And so he waited.

Once they got to the airport and checked in, he figured it out.

"Lake Tahoe in February. We're going snow skiing. Have you ever skied before?"

"Yep, plenty of times. I've been to several ski resorts in Europe and I just love it. Have you every skied?"

"Water ski - yes. Snow ski - no. But I look forward to giving it a shot."

Several hours later, they were unloading their luggage at the Ritz-Carleton Hotel. As they were unloading, snow began to lightly fall, making the mountain view seem magical.

"This is beautiful, Fiona. Thanks for making these arrangements. I think we'll have fun here."

"It's even more beautiful than the pictures I saw. And I'm sure we can find something to keep us occupied."

After spending the night making slow, sensuous love, the couple had breakfast and headed to the ski school, where Fiona had signed David up for lessons. After a long morning of learning the basics the class headed to the easiest slope to put their learning into practice. Fiona was a seasoned pro, but she still stayed with David and helped him on his first times down the slope.

After several runs, David was all smiles.

"This is great! I can't believe how much fun this is. I'm just sorry it took me this long to try it."

Fiona was all smiles, and suggested they have some lunch and then head out to another run.

The afternoon was much the same. David took his time traversing the slopes while Fiona patiently skied with him. After several hours, David told Fiona she should try one of the more challenging runs without him.

"I know how much you want to let loose, and I feel like I'm holding you back. I'll wait for you here. Have fun, baby."

With a soft kiss and a slap on her ass, David sent her on her way while he grabbed some hot chocolate and sat by a fire pit. Soon he was rewarded with the sight of Fiona hurtling down the hill, her long red hair flying behind her. As she got closer he saw the smile that filled her face and an overall look of joy about her. She spotted David and skied up to him, laughing as she joined him.

"Oh my god, David, that was so much fun. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed skiing until today. Would you mind if I did that run again? And when I'm done we can go back to the easier slope and I'll join you there. Ok?"

Smiling at his wife's exuberance, he gave her a kiss and told her to have fun. He figured he'd rest up before hitting the slopes again, knowing tonight would use up any energy he had left.

Later that night, after a wonderful meal and some after-dinner dancing, the couple retreated to their room, where Fiona suggested they use the hot tub to relax their muscles.

"And don't look for your bathing suit. I didn't pack one for you or for me."

Soon they were neck deep in the warm, soothing water. David had opened an bottle of wine, and each had a glass sitting on the pool edge. David had his arm around Fiona's shoulders, and she had her head resting on his.

"This really feels good. My muscles haven't been this sore in years, probably since we put the pool in. Great idea, sweetie."

Fiona smiled and kissed David, sliding her hand down his leg.

"Then I bet you'll also like this idea."

Kissing him again, she grasped his hardening dick in her hand, and began to stroke it. Soon David was hard, and Fiona straddled his legs with hers. Grasping his dick in one hand, she slowly lowered herself onto it, moaning as she did.

"You feel so good in me, filling me up so full. I can't imagine ever getting tired of this feeling. Oh David, fuck me. Please, baby, fuck me."

Pulling her closer, David latched onto her right nipple, sucking it hard into his mouth. At the same time, he began to drive himself into her pussy with powerful, relentless strokes. Quickly he was rewarded with Fiona squeezing his dick, cumming with a vigorous orgasm. As she came, he started to slow his strokes, only to have her whisper 'don't slow down... keep going'. And he did, bringing her quickly to another orgasm.

This time, as he slowed down, she slowed her movements as well. She leaned her head against his chest as her breathing slowed to normal. Soon she looked up, kissed David, and began to get out of the water.

"Let's take this to bed, baby. You still owe me several more orgasms, and I can't wait to feel you cum in me."

The next morning dawned clear and cold, and Fiona was anxious to get back on the slopes.

"How about we do the easy run once or twice, and if you're feeling ok, we can step it up to the next harder slope, ok?"

"Fine, just as long as you stay with me. I'm still not too sure my abilities are matching up to your ideas."

"David, I'll be right next to you all the way down, ok? Don't worry - you're doing great and will be just fine. Let's go."

After two runs down the easy slope, David thought he was ready to take it to the next step up. Their first run down the harder slope was slow, but lots of fun. David could see why people thought skiing was so enjoyable.

After a short rest, the couple headed back up the ski lift. Once at the top, they kissed and began to ski together down the slope. Fiona could see David's confidence building with each passing moment. But about half way down, David turned awkwardly and fell. As he began to get up he heard someone yell 'heads up'. Just as he looked up, he was knocked to the ground by a tumbling mass of someone wearing a blue ski outfit.

For a moment, everything was quiet, and David thought all was fine. But then he heard someone nearby crying, another skier asking if she was alright, and as he began to rise, a blinding flash of pain ran through his right leg. Yelling in pain, he raised himself on his elbows to see his leg twisted unnaturally; the person who hit him was laying nearby, now quiet, but with someone leaning over her, checking her out.

Suddenly Fiona was there, asking David what happened.

"I'm not sure. I was standing her, getting up after I fell, and someone ran into me. The only thing that hurts is my right knee... and I think it's messed up."

They were swiftly surrounded by skiers, asking if they could help. Someone said the ski patrol were on their way. They soon arrived and quickly began to help the two injured skiers. After asking lots of questions and checking both out, they loaded the other skier onto a sled and began to bring her down the hill. As they left, a crying young lady came over to David.

"Mister, my little sister asked me to tell you that she's sorry she ran into you. She said she hit something in the snow and lost her balance. I hope you're ok."

And then she skied off to be with her sister.

Then the others came over to check on David. He told them his right knee really was hurting, and they could see it was not laying correctly. They carefully loaded him onto another sled, strapped him down, and took him down the mountain. When they got to the bottom, they loaded him into an ambulance and took him to the local hospital, along with the girl who had run him over.

As the ambulance left, the parents of the girl came up to Fiona and asked if she wanted a ride to the hospital with them. Worried about David, she gratefully accepted, and they were off. Arriving at the hospital, they were ushered into the Emergency Department where one of the nurses greeted them and brought them back to the respective exam rooms.

Entering David's room, she saw him laying quietly on the exam bed, eyes closed. She calmly walked to him and kissed him gently on his forehead. He opened his eyes and smiled.

"So I guess I'm not dead after all. But I did just get kissed by an angel, so who knows."

"Smartass. Here I was all worried about you and you're making jokes. I should just leave you here. Jerk."

Both were laughing as the doctor stepped in.

"By the sounds in here, I guess you're not in too much pain. But I think that might change soon. Miss, would you mind waiting outside while we examine the patient? You probably should go to the desk to begin filling out the reams of paperwork. I'll have one of the nurses come get you when I'm done."

45 minutes later, while still working on the paperwork, the other family was leaving. The girl who ran David over ran to Fiona, crying, and apologized again.

"I'm so sorry, miss, for what I did. And I'm sorry for ruining your honeymoon."

Hugging the girl back, Fiona gave her a kiss on the top of her head.

"It's ok, sweetie. My husband will be fine. How are you doing?"

"The doctor said I have to take it easy for a day or two - no TV, reading, or computer time. My sister said she'd read to me like she did when I was little. After that, I should be fine."

As she was saying goodbye to the family, Fiona was interrupted by a nurse, bringing her back to David. Entering the room, the ED doctor was there along with another doctor who was an orthopedic surgeon. They were looking at x-rays of David's knee and speaking in low tones about how they wanted to proceed. Worried, Fiona stood next to David and held his hand tight, afraid he needed surgery.

"It looks like this is your lucky day, David, to the point that you won't need surgery on your knee. We both agree it is a severe sprain, but nothing more. You'll need to stay off it as much as possible for the next week or so, but after that you should be fine. I'm going to prescribe some pain pills, but only take them if the pain is severe. Otherwise, Tylenol will be fine. We'll fit you with crutches before you go, and wrap your knee to give it some stability. You can fill the prescription down the hall at the pharmacy. The nurse will write this all down in case you forget anything. And be certain to see your own doctor when you get home. Questions?"

Having none for the doctors, they both left, leaving the couple alone with the nurse who was making sure they knew what to do.

"So do you have a way back to your hotel?"

"No. The other family drove me. What now?"

"No problem. I'll call the hotel and have them send their shuttle for you. They do it all the time for people in your situation. So while you wait, you can get the prescription filled."

An hour later, David was bumbling his way through the hotel lobby, awkwardly using his crutches. Entering their room, Fiona helped him lay on the sofa. She went to change her clothes into something more comfortable for the room, and then helped David do the same. After struggling to get his pants off and his sweatpants on, they both collapsed in a wave of laughter. Settling down, Fiona called room service, as they were both hungry and David needed ice for his knee. As they waited, Fiona saw tears welling in David's eyes.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"Oh I'm feeling so stupid for what happened. You planned this romantic honeymoon for us, and it really is beautiful here, and then I go an screw everything up. Now you're stuck taking care of me instead of having a good time. I can't walk, I need help dressing myself, I can't take you anyplace outside because I need these stupid crutches to move and crutches and snow just don't mix well. And any plan I had to ravage your body has now been shot down. I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself... and for you."

Fiona came over to him and gave him a hug and a kiss.

"David Pierce, none of this is your fault. It was an accident, pure and simple. It just as well could've been me getting knocked over. That girl was devastated by what she did. She was crying in my arms, apologizing for messing up our honeymoon. So stop feeling this way. Besides, I'm sure I can think of something for us to do so we can still carry out the 'honeymoon tradition' of screwing ourselves silly. Now close your eyes and rest until room service gets here. Ok?"

Smiling at his beautiful wife, David kissed her and closed his eyes, falling asleep almost instantly. He slept hard, not hearing the room service attendant arrive, and didn't stir when Fiona put the ice bag on his knee, propping it up with pillows. She ate while he slept, texting his daughters to let them know what happened.

Several hours later David woke up and saw Fiona sitting on the other sofa across from him. She was reading and didn't notice him awake. He silently watched her, marveling at her beauty as her long red hair cascaded over her shoulders. She was wearing sweatpants and a fleece top, and even though they were loose fitting, he still could see the contours of her body. She had a look of contentment on her face, as if this was something they had done their whole lives. And he counted himself lucky, once again, that he was married to such a stunning woman.

Moments later, Fiona turned and looked at David, noticing he was awake, and gave him a warm smile.

"So I see you decided to finally wake up. I was beginning to think I was I was going to spend the night alone. Ready for some dinner? It might be a bit cold now, but I can order something else if you want."

"No, I'm good. Whatever you got is fine with me. I'm not really hungry, but I know I need to eat something. Will you help?"

Hours later, the couple were getting ready for bed. David had taken his pain pills, Fiona had re-wrapped his knee, and was propping pillows against his leg to keep it stable.

"So how is this going to work? With all these pillows in the bed, there really isn't room for both of us."

"I know. I figured that at least for tonight, I'd sleep on the couch and give you the entire bed. You need your rest, and if I join you I'm afraid I might bump into you during the night. And if you need anything, I'll be in the next room. I know that's not what we planned for the week, but I think it's for the best."

"You're probably right. Give me a kiss, and I'll see you in the morning."

The next morning Fiona woke first and stepped into the bedroom, watching David as he slept. As she did, a wave of emotions swept through her. She could never remember a time when she felt so happy, so loved, and so content as she did right now. Even though the week wasn't going as planned, she was determined to make it as fun as possible.

Leaning over her husband, Fiona gave him a gentle kiss to wake him up.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. How are you feeling?"

"Good morning to you too. I'm feeling ok, all things considered. I slept pretty well; I don't think I woke up at all."