All Comments on 'What the Truth May Hold'

by DanDraper

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

James deserves the truth, need a part 2 where the promiscuous bitch and the depth of her depravity will be revealed

2*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Infuriating

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This needs a second part. Just to clear up a few things.

Did the husband see the wife's car when he pulled out of the car park? ETC

TajfaTajfaabout 1 year ago

So you let her off? Or, is there a part 2?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"There is a no sex in this story, but I feel it still belongs in the Loving Wives section. I'm sorry if this disappoints you,..." - Actually no, I am not disappointed. I prefer stories without the sex. It takes more effort to write an engaging story without resorting to the gratuitous rutting and romping of so many would be authors. They use sex as a distraction, smoke and mirrors as it were to disguise bad plots, misspellings, and the lack of decent proofreading. My only misgivings about this story was the last section dealing with James and Amanda's texts to each other. Is James still in the dark? Did he see Amanda's car pulling away as he exited the building? Is this going to be opened up as a new "February Sucks" free for all? I really wanted James to have truth and justice come his way as we know just how big a 'sleating chut' Amanda turned out to be!

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogsabout 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of leaving a story ending in limbo. The ending was rushed after the build up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Finish the story. OK?

bioman57bioman57about 1 year ago

not done and nneds to be finished..

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyabout 1 year ago

what a stupid ending

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

She escaped by the skin of her teeth!

4

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownabout 1 year ago

It amazes me that still even now, people are still believing that love is betrayal. The willful ignorance is beyond the pale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh dear not very good at all

Cito22Cito22about 1 year ago

So she can just keep on cheating. Cmon. Sorry 1st.time you only get 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cool twist to the story! 5 stars

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 1 year ago

Like it or not, most of the time they get away with it.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a cunt of a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An author who writes these stories shows a mentality born into infidelity….

I pity your family as u will soon be caught and loose ur children!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Courageous ending for this category. 5 stars for interesting story and most of all for bravery beyond the call of "duty"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really needs a second part.

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

I wanted James to be a bit more stalwart, he was wimping out when there was no real reason to. Nevertheless, I liked the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hate story's where cheating whore's get away with it.

JayZipJayZipabout 1 year ago

I'm torn. In theory I like the idea of a wife taking an opportunity chance to course-correct and save her marriage. Scared straight is a thing. It would be a nice change of pace from the repetitive LW themes. And this story is very well written.

But at the same time, I halfway hope James catches sight of Amanda as he leaves the hotel, leading to good old-fashioned B burning.

Either way its a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hoping James discovers he's married to a liar, cheat, slut betrayer and gets as far away from her as fast as he can. Amanda has no clue what true love means. She loves how he makes her feel and what he gives her but she has no love for him in return. Love includes active fidelity, she is selfish and without love for anyone but herself. She never sacrifices for him, but expects him to sacrifice for her. She's worried about losing James, why? Because SHE will feel bad and have a tough time, not because of what she's done to James. Not sure why so many authors insist on these idiotic "I still love him with all my heart" delusional characters. She's evil, James needs to save himself.

Bry1977Bry1977about 1 year ago

This was pretty good but could have used more. Dont feel as if she should have gotten away with it. should have some consequences. Him finding out and fighting and maybe work on reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One or two more paragraphs for a proper ending would have raised this from a 3 to a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Seriously ?

KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

Well done, I enjoyed that. I felt there would be something of a surprise at the end, but truthfully I didn't foresee that. It leaves me wondering if James actually saw Amanda leaving the car park, and maybe leading to a second installment? Personally though, I don't think the story needs it, sometimes it's good to leave things hanging, leave something to the reader's imagination. There are a number of ways this could go, I believe whatever happens a good portion of your readers would be disappointed.

Good as it is, in my opinion. Thanks for a fresh idea

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story nice twist in the end…

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 1 year ago

She knows she’s a terrible person but she won’t change.

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 1 year ago

Oh it would have been so much more satisfying if he had caught her, and why would Pete give a damn about protecting her when he was already caught?

I know that James didn't want to know himself but if she could do this once then she could do it again and again. Her pledge to be a better wife doesn't really mean much as long as she's holding on to this secret and disrespected her marriage before already. I hope that this story gets a sequel where her adultery is truly revealed cuz otherwise it feels incomplete.

sdc97230sdc97230about 1 year ago
Obviously, James has spotted Amanda driving away.

But you'll probably score lower for stopping before she suffers the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She got away with it. And the story gave no hint whatsoever that she learned her lesson.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

James kind of deserves this for being such a wimp.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Wait, so did James see her leaving the parking lot?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Silly nonsense not good fiction

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Ah, but did James see her pulling away? Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It wasn't so much a surprise ending as an incomplete ending. I'd say you should write a second chapter to FTDS, but the main character is a moron and simply not worth caring about enough to find out whether he remains stupid and married or ends up stupid and divorced.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 1 year ago

2 more sentences and this is 5* story. But this way it just makes 4*. It could end either way but the way you left it, opens up a nice second story line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pitiful ending to what was a fairly decent story. Bitch needs to burn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It wasn't so much a surprise ending as an incomplete ending. I'd say you should write a second chapter to FTDS, but the main character is a moron and simply not worth caring about enough to find out whether he remains stupid and married or ends up stupid and divorced.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

You didn't say it, but it would be cool if James saw her pulling out of the hotel parking lot and put it all together. It would definitely change Movie Night into something the cheating bitch deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I hate when the sluts are getting away with cheating. Fuck. This should have a second chapter. Something like hubby isn’t so wimpy and dumb and has a light going on.

No rating this time even if it was a good read. Damn.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

3* because cheater got away with it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too confusing. The author’s writing failed to make the story plausible

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

FTDS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Until she funds someone else and cheats again.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

She doesn’t really love her husband. I hope he caught sight of her car as she drove off.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 1 year ago

suck ending. would have been much better for James to catch his wife after being such a wimp about everything before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No shot that’s how you ended it lol tf. Give us the ending where he saw her car leaving and put the pieces together so he doesn’t look like a complete moron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WTF!!! Burn the fucking cheating cunt in the frying pan..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OK, that's the introduction out of the way now where's the story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To baf he did not catch her getting off the elevator on the 7th floor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You need another chapter but otherwise a good start. It seems that Brandi is not a crazy woman after all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Writing is good.

Psychologically, the plot left me depressed. Guess as an author a reaction is a reaction is a reaction.

Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Most excellent. Love the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure if I totally agree with the ending but I still enjoyed the story very much. It really kept me guessing about what was really going on.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, good twist at the end, did not see that coming. Would like to see chapter 2 where James finds out Amanda is a cheater. Especially since there is James coming out when Amanda pulls out of the parking lot, could be interesting? Maybe a 3-some with Julie?

RosejaRosejaabout 1 year ago

A great story, would like to see if James talks to his wife about the day? Do we see a 2nd chapter

skiaddictskiaddictabout 1 year ago

Hard to enjoy a poor guy being made the fool. He deserves better.

FeltfixerFeltfixerabout 1 year ago

Needs another chapter this is unfinished

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'd like to think he saw the car drive away. It really makes you think how it might play out when he sees her late.

Great story. 5stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked how you made Brandi seem like a crazy woman. Every detail about her suggested she might be delusional. But that hotel room scene clarified it all, I did not see that any of that coming. Then everything after James leaving the room was just icing on the cake.

Great story. Thanks for sharing

badhawkeye069badhawkeye069about 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story-line, but think that you need to offer an addition to the story. Let James somehow learn of his wife’s involvement in the affair, and let him deal with it. Amanda doesn’t deserve to get off without James knowing the truth.

Deprived891Deprived891about 1 year ago

Need another charter where she got caught.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Decent story but James comes across as a full fledged wimp to me. He needs to catch his wife and dump her. She's not going to change her spots even though she was almost caught.

rutherford366rutherford366about 1 year ago

Lots if good twists here, the story kept me guessing what was going to happen. You really had me guessing with Brandi, I wasn't sure where you were going with her. She was kind of crazy but turns out not that crazy. No need for a second chapter that some are calling for here, this open ending works perfectly for this story.

5-stars

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

So, the hotel workers never noticed Pete doing two women that looked similar? I think Brandi's investigation would have uncovered that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No ending. Falls flat after a good build-up of intrigue.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Decent story. Would have been much better if James had seen her car as he was exiting the hotel.

Considering that her first thought was how much she'll miss being with Julie this story begs for a second chapter where Amanda gets caught.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 1 year ago

Cheaters never think of themselves as terrible. This would have been much better had he ran into her in the lobby on her phone heading into the elevator while he was getting off. The ending was kinda just meh, another cheater gets away with it. And considering the crazy lady had email between Amanda and Pete it's a no branier that they wer cheating with each other as well as the other chick.

She almost gets caught red handed cheating and what she feels in that moment is disappointment that she no longer gets to be with the other woman. Almost ruining her marriage was an after thought. That pretty much sums up the thought process of a cheater.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Finish the damned story

Did James see Amanda hurriedly leaving the hotel Carpark?

Has he put it all together that his wife was involved with a ménage a trios involving Julie and Pete?

You left the end up in the air. Damn you.

Scores 2/5 for an unfinished story.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 1 year ago

The truth always comes out eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would be a better story if James had seen Amanda's car in the hotel parking lot when he left the building.

red_woodred_woodabout 1 year ago

Nice story.

Not the first time the husband fooled by the situation.

Won' t he be suprised when Julie's husband shows up a James work with the text messages from Julie's phone....

Keep it up

Be safe

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 1 year ago

i do hope there is a second part to this

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Nice twist, but no follow up.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

Hope he smartens up if there's a pt 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Feels unfinished, but I'm guessing this is one of those writers that's okay with the story husband being cheated on as long as he doesn't find out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What I thought of the story is: if this is like most of your stories then I would ... (incomplete!)! OH, just like your story!

tralan69ertralan69erabout 1 year ago

Something missing?

Part 2 might be a good idea. Seems unfinished to me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

That was a devious twist. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kind of original. But her getting caught is only delayed. She's only sorry she almost got caught, not that she's a cheating slut. No morals, no ethics, no respect for her husband or their marriage. Yeah, its only a matter of time. Hope someone writes that sequel. Thanks for the effort.

WhyjustwhyWhyjustwhyabout 1 year ago

The very last line was annoying. "But despite everything, she still loved James and was willing to do what it took to keep him." She's been a cheating cunt. What the hell was she 'willing' to do to keep him? What did she do as a great sacrifice or above and beyond to keep him? Having to say bye to her fellow trash? That's it? No, she wasnt willing to do shit, only buy her time later and maybe plan out a different way of not being caught, maybe find new trash to rut around in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This story needs a better ending. It just falls flat at the end.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

Blah, so what is the point of this? The wife was cheating, with both Julie ahd pete. She isn't even remorseful,she claims to love James but you know she will cheat with Julie. It isn't a btb, it isn't a break up and reconciliation, it is nothing.

114FSO114FSOabout 1 year ago

Need further chapters to settle the dust. I know if I were James, there are too many threads hanging that every one knew Amanda and how friendly the threesome are. They are covering for each other, and it certainly appears that Amanda is more popular than simply a work mate.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

Excellent writing. Hopefully James gets a clue or and puts 2 + 2 together. Amanda really deserves a serious public burning. Let her be known as the town slut/bike wherever she goes; and of course no one would ever consider having a relationship with her past booty call.

I'd love for Amanda to go home and James say - "Amanda, something happened today and it really concerned me. I am contacting my attorney and exercising the verification part of the infidelity clause. In case you don't remember it, either of us can require that both of us take lie detector tests from someone who is still associated with law enforcement. These tests are about our fidelity to each other and our marriage. We have to pass at least 2 out of 3 tests to be considered a PASS. Failure to pass 2 out of 3 could be considered grounds for divorce. Failure to take the tests within 90 days would also be grounds for divorce unless there is an reason equivalent to a life or death emergency. If you've been faithful, you'll find out I've also been faithful; and if you desire we can get counseling to make our marriage better. If you've cheated, then you have a choice of how I will divorce you - will you take the tests and own up to your failures? Will you avoid the tests and try to ignore your failings? Will you just up and run away, in which case I will file under abandonment. Amanda, if you cheated not only is our relationship dead, but per the pre-nup you'll leave with only what you brought into the marriage and your reputation will be ruined. Which option do you choose Dear?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Boring. The wife was cheating but with whom? The husband was definitely naive.

DanDraperDanDraperabout 1 year agoAuthor

Hello everyone. First of all, thanks to those who gave me some positive feedback. I really appreciate it. To those who gave negative feedback, well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think some of you are taking this a little too seriously. It is just a story after all.

I should address a few things I read in these comments so far. First of all, there won't be a part 2, the idea was to keep it open ended and making you think of what's going to happen afterwards. That's why I had that little detail about that car scene at the end. Just like in real life, some stories don't have resolutions. I know we would like to see a resolution, especially to those who deserve to be punished for their indiscretions, but sometimes that's life.

Also, to those who thought James was a wimp when he suddenly got nervous before entering the hotel room, you have to remember that earlier in the story he was all aboard coming Brandi to see if it was all true. But it wasn't until he started seeing clues that Brandi may be delusional and that she may have been dragging him along into her fantasies, that's when he got nervous about the whole thing. But he didn't run away, he overcame that brief moment of fear and went into the hotel room anyway. I think being a little nervous is a natural response to these situations, but at least he overcame that.

Whitaker80Whitaker80about 1 year ago

This was a fun and clever story. Really kept me guessing all the way through.

I had read this again to see all the clues again that led up to that ending.

5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I had to come back here to give a special shoutout to Brandi who figured everything out. She was acting like a crazy jealous wife, and I did have trouble believing her at one point, but it turns out she was right all along. If the ending was a little different, she would've seen she was completely right about everything instead of only being half right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No sex in the story was a bummer, but still a fun read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Part 2 please . Good story but she needs to get caught

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What's truth got to do with it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The husband and the wife are both douchebags. I couldn't root for either of them.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

Definitely needs a follow up. James’ senses were sharpened from suspecting his wife. If he’d seen her car leave the parking lot, he’d have recognized it. The scene at home…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

James is a wimp whether you think he is or not. Leaving the story open ended just means you don't know how to finish or much like your MC James you don't have the balls to finish it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous