What Wicked Games We Play

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were finishing the main, when she hurriedly asked, "What about you? Marriage, children, is that something you want?"

"I'm not desperate for children. I guess we all want somebody to love, to call mine. I do want that. Most of my relationships have been short."

"Never met the right one?" she replied.

"Yeah, something like that. It's more than sex for me. I want love, emotional connections. I want to feel like we're one, if that makes sense."

"Oh absolutely. I couldn't have said it better. I like sex, you may have picked up on that?" She enjoyed my snigger. "But I have searched for somebody who makes me feel whole."

Our lovemaking that night was wonderful. We meshed together so seamlessly. She knew what I wanted before I did. We snuggled, kissed, cuddled and found ways to extract the sexual release we needed.

The week disappeared. We spent every night together, mostly at my place. It was secluded and my neighbours weren't the nosy sort. We learned more about each other and it became apparent that we both felt the growing attachment.

It was difficult with Sylvie and the girls wanting to get together almost every night. Sometimes I didn't get home till nine at night. Hannah, bless her, never complained. She always asked how it went, what songs we played. She loved hearing about it. I was clever enough to leave Sylvie's name out of it.

Saturday, I spent most of it at the shop. I had started to knock out the old shelves and cupboards. I needed to make room for the new display cabinets, and the sparkling new shop counter with full length glass enclosed cabinetry.

Hannah cooked, and helped clean up. It was like we were already falling into being together.

The gig was raucous, the crowd was huge, and this time Hannah turned up with a group of friends so she didn't get left by herself. They danced right in front of the stage, much to Sylvie's displeasure. There were lots of sneaky little eye contact moments, little seductive smiles. During our set breaks, Hannah called me over to their table so I could meet her friends. Most were from the bank. I knew some of them already.

Hannah introduced me as her friend with the jewellery store. Of course that drove the conversation about what was happening with the shop and that led to them all promising to come and have a look.

Especially after Hannah showed off her pendant.

"What are you talking to that slag for?" Sylvie snapped caustically. "You don't like the bitch do you?"

"We're friends. She helped me get some stuff for the shop that I need."

"She's bloody awful. You wanna stay right away from her," Sylvie added.

Hayley gave me an apologetic look. She didn't understand. I realised why Sylvie was being a bitch. She would've been worried Hannah would tell me some secrets.

Hayley had her little fan club at the front as well. It was pretty obvious she was in serious lust with the girl dancing right in front of her. God, the way she stared up at Hayley. The yearning was almost painful.

At the end of the night, Hannah and her friends waited for me. "Hey, we're all going back to my place for some drinks if you want to come along?" Hannah asked.

"Sweet, I could use a drink."

"You must be exhausted?" Remi asked.

"It's pretty full on all right. Better than a gym workout."

Sylvie appeared at my side. "Hayley's girlfriend is having a little get together. Wanna come along?"

"Nah, sorry. I'm already committed. See you Wednesday night."

She glowered with a snarly snarky grimace.

"Wow, she's not happy." Leanne said to Sylvie's back as she walked away.

"Yeah, she's got some issues, that's for sure." I sighed.

"It's like she's your partner. You're not are you?" Remi mumbled uncomfortably.

"What?" I spluttered. "God no, not Sylvie. She hates me."

"Didn't look that way to me." Lilly, added.

The party was fun, and we turned up the music, danced around Hannah's lounge. They were all really good fun. Funny, I never imagined bank workers to be fun. I always imagined they'd be stodgy number-driven zealots.

They all left, and it was Remi, who asked. "Do you want to share a taxi?"

"Nah, I think I'll walk. It's a nice night. It'll sober me up."

"Then you better stay and have a coffee before you go." Hannah stated firmly.

Keeping Hannah's secret never bothered me. Not at the early stages anyway. I knew how anxious she was.

The weeks after that, I worked flat out in my shop. The new counter was in. The display cabinets were in. An electrician had wired up new lighting.

Every night, religiously without fail, Hannah turned up to help, even if all she did was sweep up. It went further, though. She helped with the painting, helped me lay some laminate hardwood flooring. It looked easy on the video, but even with Hannah's help it was tricky.

Each night, we either got takeaways and had a little picnic in the middle of the shop, or we went somewhere for dinner.

It was only a month, but as we made love in her big soft bed, she whispered hoarsely, "I love you Abby."

At the time I couldn't answer. Her pussy smothering my face made a response impossible. I heard it though and my whole body glowed with emotion. Her orgasm over, we snuggled together and I repeated her phrase.

"I love you as well, Hannah. With all my heart. I want you so badly every moment of every day. There's not a second that passes where you are not in my thoughts."

"It's the same for me. I get stuck in awful meetings and zoom conferences, where all I think about is when I can get to see you."

"It's been incredible having you there helping. I think you're taking your duty as bank manager a bit serious, sweetie."

She giggled. "No, it's in my contract. I have to put the clients needs first."

"Wow, really?"

"Totally."

"Then, I have a little job for you right now."

"Oh really. What would that be?"

"I was hoping you were still hungry."

"What, after that huge dinner?"

"Hungry for me, is what I meant."

"I'm always hungry for you, babe."

"Babe... I love that," I whispered tremulously. It was the first time she'd ever called me that. The exciting shiver made me squishy inside.

"You are going to hear it a lot more. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to loosen up. For the first time ever, I feel like I can be me, no facade." Hannah sighed languidly.

The band got a couple of gigs in a row, Friday and Saturday nights. The first was out of town at the Maheno Tavern. Not a usual pub gig ,but a wedding. "Oh fuck no." Hayley grumbled at rehearsal Wednesday night. "That'll kill our reputation."

"Hey, it's a gig, and they're paying two grand, plus food and drinks. There'll be like 350 people there. It'd be awesome publicity," Sylvie snapped back defensively. "Who's in?"

"Yeah, I'm in," Darla said positively.

"Yeah I suppose," Hayley added.

"What about you, Abby?"

"Yeah I guess. What time do we have to play? I've got a lot on this weekend."

"Eight till midnight. There's more, but we also got a gig Friday night at the Penguin," Sylvie said proudly. "We're starting to get noticed."

"Fuck." I huffed.

"What's your problem, girl?" Sylvie asked. "We're getting gigs."

"It's a bad time for me, Sylvie. I'm almost ready to go live with the new shop. I need to get it finished this weekend. I don't have time."

"Well, friggin make time. This is big for us."

"Yeah, okay, but I won't be able to get to the Penguin before seven or eight at the earliest. I've got a guy coming in to fit a new front door. He's doing it cheap, so when he said six Friday night I agreed."

"Can't you put him off?" Sylvie moaned. "Get him in Saturday."

"I can't. I've got other shit going down Saturday. Sorry."

"Shit, we won't be able to sound check or anything."

"You'll have to get your gear there, as well." I replied.

I thought Sylvie was going to explode, she was that angry.

The next day, I was touching up some paint around the door through to the studio when I heard the doorbell tinkle.

"Hey, Sylvie. What's up?"

"You," she rasped. "I thought you were into being in the band. Lately it doesn't seem that way."

"Look around. Surely you can see this is a busy time for me. This business is what pays my bills. I can't afford to put off the opening."

"Yeah but surely you can move stuff around. Make us a bit of a priority?"

"Shit, I didn't know we were gonna get a gig on Friday night. I can't plan around shit that happens at the last minute."

She sighed unhappily. "We need to do a sound check for the Penguin."

"You can do it without me."

"How the fuck do we get the gear there? We always use your van."

"Okay, tell yah what. You come and pick up my van whenever you want. Drive the gear to the pub, then when I'm ready, I'll give yah a call to come and pick me up."

"I suppose," she said grumpily. "Abby, I miss you. Lately, you're never around. Yah come in late to practice. You leave early. We never get a chance to talk."

Her words surprised me. "Whatya going on about? You don't even like me."

"Ridiculous, why the hell did yah say that?" she snapped. "Course I like you. I know I've been stressed lately, but that don't mean I don't like yah."

"Sure seemed that way. You're always going off at me. I'm too slow, to loud, too much kick drum. You're never happy with what I play."

"I only say that stuff cos I want us to get better. When you're on it, we all get it and we're better as a unit."

"Wow, okay. Look, after this weekends outa the way. I'll have more time. You gotta give me this though. I've got nearly forty grand tied up in these renovations. If I don't start making some cash. I'm screwed and not in a good way."

"Okay, I'll come and pick up the van, and me and the girls'll pack everything and take it to the Penguin."

"Choice, Thanks, Sylvie. That'll make it doable for me." It wasn't ideal, but I guess at least it placated her.

There were really only finishing touches, and I felt comfortable I'd get there. It wasn't much after six when Hannah walked in. "Hello, babe, how is progress going?"

"All good, I have some news though. The band has gigs this weekend. Friday at the Penguin, and a wedding."

She giggled an evil little snigger. "A wedding?"

"Yeah, what's so funny?"

"Sorry, I cannot picture you as a wedding band."

I laughed at her guilty smirk. "Don't worry, I'm still trying to get my head around it as well."

"I was being silly. They will love you."

"We don't really play slow songs though. Weddings I've been to, they're all slow stuff like waltz's and stuff up early. We don't have any slow songs, let alone waltzes."

"I assume they know what sort of music you play, otherwise, why would they book you?"

"God knows. Sylvie manages the whole thing. Maybe she advertises us on social media. I've never looked."

"You are going to have a busy weekend. Which makes me feel a little less guilty. Mum and Dad asked me to go out and stay for the weekend. I haven't been home for quite a while. Sorry, but I said yes."

"Shit, girl. You don't have to apologise. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do."

We made love with a slow burning passion. We would be apart the whole weekend. It would really be our first time apart since things got serious.

The Penguin went off Friday night. It's such a small space that it takes very little to create a party atmosphere. We kept the volume loud and the songs upbeat. They danced, sang the lyrics back at us when we played the popular covers: the rock anthems everybody knew.

Saturday, holy shit I had a hangover; my head hurt and I didn't wanna get out of bed. Lying there thinking, the list of jobs spun crazily through my thoughts and I had to get up and go.

The wedding was amazing: the food sensational, the crowd noisy and upbeat. We did at least try to play some slow songs at the start, but the requests came in thick and fast. It friggin rocked.

Sunday was my last day before my unofficial opening. The truth is I never shut down, but the state of the place sure chased a lot of potential customers away. I ran some radio ads, newspaper, and a few strategically pasted posters around the shopping precinct.

My world overflowed. Hannah and I found our space. The band had gigs at least once a week, mostly two. The shop was an instant success. Chaos ruled my nest; keeping up was an impossibility.

It was a state of being that was clearly unsustainable. You know the old story, highs equals lows: the karmic world would need payment for the never ending stream of success.

"Are you not coming over tonight?" I asked Hannah via phone.

"Sorry, not tonight."

Her tone sounded sad, guilty but mostly anxious. "Have I done something to upset you?"

"No," she gasped. "Don't think that. The truth is I have picked up on a few unsavoury rumours. I thought it best if we didn't see so much of each other for a while."

"Rumours? What are you talking about?"

"You and me. I have heard snide comments about us being more than friends. Even here at the bank. I simply thought it might be best if we took a step back."

"Oh, right. Is that what you want? Hannah, if you just want out, then say so. Don't play games."

"Abby, please. Simply give me some space. I don't want to do this, but I have to put a stop to the rumours."

"Or, you could be honest with everybody. I love you Hannah; up until now I've played your game. Kept your secret and it's been fun, but I'm not going to live like it forever."

"Abby, please. Let's not fight. I love you, too. It will only be for a few days."

"That's ridiculous and you know it. The moment we go back to the way things were the rumours will start again. There's no way of keeping it a secret in this town. Same sex marriage is legal. There's no reason for us to remain in the shadows."

"Abby, you're not giving me a chance here. I love you."

"Yeah, I love you as well. Seems your love only stretches to the shadows. So long as nobody knows. Shit, you're turning something beautiful into something dirty."

I didn't hear from her for two weeks, no texts, no visits, nothing.

*****

The pub shook, the floor rumbled, the bass driving the incessant vibrations. The crowd, in full voice, sang along with us. Sylvie, ever the rock goddess, shone brightly. She hammed it up, dancing and swaying with Hayley as Haley's little throng of jubilant groupies bounced in front of her.

The second set really lifted; even more people burst onto the tiny dance floor. It was then I saw her, alone standing in the corner. Oblivious to those around her. She danced her own dance, head thrown back, eyes closed. Her arms way up over her head. She was lost to the music. A sexier sight I had never seen in my life.

Hannah, in her own little world. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Like a magnet she drew me in. The attraction so strong I wanted to throw away my drumsticks and rush over to dance with her.

The end of the song brought me back to reality.

Two songs later, that's when the ruckus started. I saw the melee of people rushing towards where Hannah had been standing. There was screaming, then bodies flew as punches started in earnest.

I threw away the sticks and rushed over. One of the barmen had Hannah in his arms as several men went at it. One of which was security.

The sirens cut through, and suddenly there were cops everywhere. I pushed my way through the mass of tightly packed bodies. The moment she saw me, she flew into my arms.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was all silly. A guy asked me to dance. I said no. He got pushy, then another man came over and told him to leave me alone. Then the fight broke out. I was terrified."

Holding her in my arms, I stroked her hair, and whispered. "It'll be okay. Let's go outside and get some air."

"What about the band?"

"Ah, I don't reckon the cops'll let us go back on. It's after eleven anyway. Come on. Lets go outside."

We found her handbag and moved outside. We found a little shop entrance to hide in. "Are you okay?"

She nodded, snuggling closer. "I should have stayed on the dance floor with everybody else. I feel like it was my fault."

"Bullshit, the dude was obviously hammered."

"What the fucks going on?"

I looked up to see Sylvie standing in front of us. "Hannah got caught up in that fight. I thought we should come out and get some air."

"Fuck me, it's true isn't it? You n her... You're fucking her, aren't you?"

"Shut up, Sylvie." I snapped. "She's my friend. Shit I would've done the same for anybody."

"Lying fucking bitch. I fucking warned you about the slag. Why couldn't you listen?"

"Piss off Sylvie. Hannah is my friend, and there's no need for all the fucking drama. Piss off back inside."

"The cops want us to start playing again. They think it'll help calm everybody down."

"Yeah okay. I'll be back in a mo."

"Yeah, well hurry the fuck up."

"Wow, she has so much anger," Hannah sighed.

"Yeah, she's wound pretty tight."

"Abby, go back and finish. I will talk to police and get a taxi home."

"You sure?"

"Yes, maybe if you want to you could stop by?"

"Do you want me to? I got the impression we were over."

"I'm sorry, Abby, I've been acting like a crazy woman. Could we please forget about all the insane stuff? I really wanted so desperately to see you tonight. This mucked up everything," she replied, before sealing with a kiss.

The moment our lips touched, all of the animosity evaporated. The harsh words, the fears. All gone, and in their place, a burning urgent passion grew. One salacious swirl of her magic tongue and I floated. My tummy turned to gooey mush.

Sylvie was angry when I got back inside. She never said a word, but her anger pulsated violently. All of it focused on me.

The cops manhandled the brawlers into the paddy-wagon and we started playing. It took a while to build the crowd back up. I guess they were all drunk enough to forget quickly.

We finished on a high, with three encores.

Hannah pervaded all my thoughts. I wanted to feel her in my arms again.

As we packed up, jamming all the gear in my van. Sylvie asked. "Can I scab a ride?"

"Yeah, jump in. I'm in a bit of a hurry though."

"What's the rush?" she asked as I reversed out of the loading bay.

"I'm exhausted. I need my bed?"

"I've got some drinks if you wanna come in for a bit?" I could never figure Sylvie out. Angry one moment, warm and caring in the next.

"Nah, I need my bed. Another night would be choice, but..."

She looked disappointed. "You going to see Hannah, huh?"

Her words were wrapped in accusation. Her tone was calm, but there was that bitterness oozing from behind each syllable.

"I said I was going home. It's been a crazy night."

"Don't lie to me, Abby. You're squirming in your seat. You can't wait can yah. You got it bad for her aye?"

"All right, if you have to know. Yeah, I'm gonna visit Hannah. She was frightened. Just wanna see she's gonna be okay."

"Liar, you're only interested in what's between her legs. Skanky fucking hoe that she is. Fuck, girl. You could do so much better than her. She's old enough to be yah granny."

"For your information, she's only like nine years older than me. If you can't be polite then you can get out here and walk home."

"Abby," she whimpered, her hand grabbing and squeezing my forearm. "Come in with me. Have a drink and we could talk. Just the two of us. There's some things I wanna say to you."

"Nah, not tonight. I have to check on Hannah."

"So, you two are a proper item. I've never seen you like this before."

"We have been seeing each other. We are still trying to figure out what the future holds, but I do care for her. We are more than friends."

"I fucking knew it. The first time I saw her in your fucking shop, I saw that look in her eyes."

"Sylvie, you have to promise me you will keep our secret. Nobody else knows. We would like to keep it that way."

1...34567...11