When I Found You Ch. 06

Story Info
A romance story about growing up in high school.
2.1k words
4.49
6.3k
2
0

Part 6 of the 15 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 09/23/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*All characters are 18 years or older. This is a 27 part series. A chapter is uploaded once a week.*

"You ready to eat?" Jeremy asked Skyler and Bob. He had told them the previous day to be hungry, so they decided to skip lunch.

"Let's just say you better take me to get food soon, or I will throw you and your girlfriend into the nearest lake," Bob joked as they walked toward the parking lot. Jeremy decided to drive today so they could get around easier than walking.

"You could not throw a pebble, bro." Jeremy shot back. Kylie slapped his arm and said, "Be nice!" while continuing to laugh at the ongoing amusing argument.

"Sorry...babe," he responded while turning to stick his tongue out at Bob.

They all piled into the car and started off toward the restaurant. Kylie and Jeremy took the front seats, and Skyler and Bob were in the back. Kylie had her hand on Jeremy's thigh. She noticed behind her that Skyler had done the same with Bob. All she could do was smile and look away. She was on the moon. She got to see her best friend happy.

Skyler and Bob had spent the lunch hour earlier in the day getting to know each other more. They were both really into baseball and movies. They both had very nice parents who supported them as much as possible. They even both worked for the school newspaper, but sadly during different years. They seemed to be really hitting it off.

The drive was during rush hour, so it would take about an hour. The restaurant was over near the beach, and given it was almost sunset, a lot of people had the same idea. The group decided to play eye spy for a while but got bored. They put on some cool songs from Jeremy's phone and started to sing together.

The singing was bad, like horrendously bad. But it did not matter; it was a fun thing to occupy them until they reached the parking lot. As they approached the entrance, they took a moment to look at the beach below. The restaurant was on a bluff just above one of the most popular beachfront locations on the west coast. They took some time to point out all the cool kites, surfers, and animals they saw running around. Jeremy finally pointed out they should get to eating, or their reservation may be canceled. While this would have been true for anyone else, Jeremy's family once again owned a part of this restaurant.

"Hi Jeremy, we got your table ready," the server said as they entered the door. Skyler and Bob were surprised at his recognition. Kylie was informed earlier of Jeremy's connection to the restaurant, so she was prepared. Jeremy had booked a table that was inside but still had a nice view of the sunset. Both couples agreed it was very romantic as they sat down.

The restaurant was not formal by any means, but the couples did change into a more business casual look for dinner. They were doing it for each other more than anyone else.

"So. Any new plans for while you're in LA?" Skyler asked.

"I am just going along with whatever Jeremy wants to do," Kylie answered. "But don't worry. I will find time to get you that gift from the pier you want."

Jeremy shot a questioning look at Kylie. She quickly realized she did not mention it before and clarified. "Skyler wants me to grab a keychain-like thing from the Santa Monica pier. She collects them around the country."

"I have quite the collection, over twenty now," Skyler added.

"She showed me them the other day. They are really cool. You should take a look at them later." Bob told Jeremy as the girls were having their own conversation about what exactly Skyler was looking for. He agreed before turning his attention back to the menu.

As the waiter approached, the group decided they would just split a pizza and grab a side of fries. While the original reason for the dinner was a double date, it slowly turned into more of a hangout where the group was able to get to know each other more. Ultimately helping them become closer friends.

Bob started talking about his and Jeremy's baseball team. They were currently first in the division and had a chance of making it to the championship this year if they continued on the streak. The girls got excited about coming to the first home game after the break. It also explained why Jeremy and Bob missed sections of the school year; they would travel out of town to compete against other regional division teams.

Skyler explained her college plans of trying to get into a good business school and eventually get an MBA. Bob explained he would be trying to go to a college that offers him a baseball scholarship, as it was his dream to play in the majors. Jeremy, who would not need to go to college if he did not wish, was quite interested in economics and social media. He was thinking of doing interdisciplinary studies, which would allow him to do both.

Kylie, meanwhile, was thinking she may want to get into public policy or education. She really wanted to make a difference with her skills. She had great grades, so she was confident in her applications. They would all send applications to colleges in a few weeks and would hear back just before the school year ended.

Once the food arrived, the conversation ceased as everyone dug in. They were starving and ended up ordering a second pizza before they were finally too full to have anymore.

"We should go for a walk after this." Skyler purposed. "I need to burn off some calories."

"I agree. I have not eaten that much since we started the baseball season." Jeremy confessed. Bob quickly concurred.

"Why don't we get the check, and we can go walk on the boardwalk?" Kylie asked.

"Sounds good to me," Skyler responded. The boys added their agreements.

Jeremy and Bob decided to split the check, and while the girls did offer to chip in, once again, they were told it was a date, and they were not paying."

Jeremy discreetly slipped a hundred-dollar bill under the napkin. He really enjoyed the service and the professionalism of the staff, so he wanted to leave them something nice.

They then all walked down the stairs toward the boardwalk. The sun had already set, but the area was nicely lit, and many people were still spending time on the beach.

Jeremy took Kylie's hand as they walked. Bob, noticing, attempted the same, and to his surprise, Skyler accepted gratefully. They continued to walk for a while, saying nothing. The couples were just enjoying the environment around them. Eventually, Jeremy started a conversation.

He had felt like he finally felt a connection with this group that he had wanted for a long time. He thought it was time to bring them into a hobby that he picked up over the past few years.

"How would you all like to go skydiving in a few weeks?" Jeremy asked. This really came out of thin air. The other three were silent but stopped walking when he suggested it.

"I don't think I can afford that," Bob stated. Skyler quickly jumped in and stated the same.

"It's covered. There would be no cost." Jeremy quickly stated. It did not do much to relieve the initial shock.

Kylie was the first to agree. "Well, in that case. I am up for it," she stated.

"If Kylie's up for it. I will do it. Sure. Why not," Skyler said.

"Bob?" Jeremy asked.

"Okay. Okay. Fine. But next time, I pick the activity," Bob said and started to laugh.

"Good. I have done it for years. It will be fun." Jeremy told the group.

They then resumed their silent walk. Skyler and Bob both now knew about his financial wealth, so they were not surprised when he stated it was covered.

The beach started to clear out, so they decided it was a good time to head back to the car. Before they did, both couples spent a moment looking out at the dark ocean at the few remaining boats heading back to the harbor. Jeremy leaned over and kissed Kylie.

Skyler decided she would make the first move and decided to kiss Bob. He was surprised but quickly returned the kiss.

They all decided to go watch a late-night movie at Jeremy's house as none of them had a curfew due to the break, and the couples were secretly hoping it could provide some alone time.

This time the boys took the front while the girls took the back. Kylie and Skyler were whispering for most of the drive.

"How was it?" Kylie asked. She was referring to the kiss.

Kylie grinned and replied, "It was wonderful. I got butterflies."

"That's how I felt too. Well, I still feel it." Kylie replied, blushing.

"Have you guys done anything else?"

"Not yet. Maybe once we get back from LA."

"What about while you're in LA?"

"We're going to be with his family. I doubt we will have any time." Kylie noted sadly.

"Well, just remember. You may need to make the first move." Skyler said, adding a wink to her best friend.

Kylie just giggled, and the two just lay against the window watching the world go by. They slowly drifted into a nap.

The boy's noticed and just smiled. They were whispering.

"Things seem to be going well for you and Skyler," Jeremy noted.

"They have been. Tonight was a large step. I was not expecting her to kiss me."

"She told us that she would try to. We may or may not have been part of the plan to get us alone on the walk."

Bob could just smile and grin. "I need to thank her for that plan."

"You should," Jeremy responded. Laughing quietly.

"I think I love her," Bob said very softly. Jeremy could barely hear what he said. "The more time we spend together, the harder it is to be apart."

"I know exactly how you feel. That's how it was for Kylie and me."

"Really? I mean, I want to tell her, but I am afraid she will think it's too quick."

"I don't think that is the way it would go," Jeremy said truthfully. "I see it in her eyes. She feels the same way."

Bob just nodded and stared out the window to think.

Skyler, who was originally napping but had woken up after a bump in the road, heard every word. While she did also have these feelings for Bob, she had not really thought about saying the magical words. She was trying to decide if she should say them later that night or wait.

The drive back to the house went faster, given the traffic had died out. As they pulled up, both guys noticed the girls were still napping.

"Follow my lead," Jeremy told Bob.

He got out and opened the back door. He then grabbed Kylie and started to carry her into the house. Bob did the same with Skyler but noticed she started to smile as he picked her up.

"What a nice gesture. You must love me," she whispered.

He whispered back. "I do. Now go back to sleep. Get some rest." She happily obliged as Bob and Jeremy put them on the couch and put blankets over them. Both Jeremy and Bob agreed it was very cute as they walked into the other room to talk and potentially play a game.

"Bob. When we get back, want to go to a baseball game?" Jeremy asked. "We could get seats behind home plate."

"Listen. If we go to a game, I am paying for my seat," Bob stated. "I know you could pay, but I can't let you."

"I have money. Why not let me? I like to spoil my friends."

"We all know you got money. I just want to be able to feel like I can support myself."

Jeremy thought for a moment. He knew that this was a fight that would most likely occur with any friends throughout his life.

"Fine. But for some events, I pay. Like skydiving." Jeremy said while reading out his hand.

Bob took this into consideration. He knew it was very unlikely he would win this fight. "Fine. On one condition."

"What's that?"

"You treat Kylie, Skyler, and me to an evening out each month so we can all hang out and relax."

Jeremy nodded and shook his hand. He knew why this was a condition. Bob had always been afraid of losing touch with his friends. This allowed them to always have a connection regardless of how their personal relationships advanced.