When Love and Hate Collide

Story Info
Madison follows her heart.
8k words
4.34
18.7k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author Note: This is something shorter than I normally write and I have purposely left certain elements up to the reader's imagination. I heard the song When Love and Hate Collide, by Def Leppard, on the radio and it gave me an idea, which I hope comes through here. Something short and hopefully sweet. Obviously Def Leppard wrote the song, which I use part of in this story, and I do not have any claim to their work. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it and as always thanks for reading my work, I appreciate it.

Chapter 1

Looking in the mirror at her outfit, Madison Westcott felt uncomfortable. The female entourage that came with her rising stardom had helped dress her in the skin-tight leather pants, designer top and high heels. It was all designed to show off her enviable figure as was her makeup and long, light brown styled hair. She looked incredible but at the same time felt alienated from herself. Was this really who she wanted to be? Sure, her looks had helped grow her singing career, but at twenty-four years old, Madison had worked her butt off to get where she was. She had just completed another tour, finishing the tail end shows to support her last album and was already in the process of recording her newest songs. It was a never ending cycle, but one that she found herself on to appease the record executives. Letting out a sigh and resigning herself to just let loose, Madison left her room and found the four women in her large suite, giggling and chatting amongst themselves.

"About time girl, you look hot," Tiffany said with a big grin. "We're finally going to break this dry spell of yours."

Tiffany was one of her dancers who was gorgeous and should have been a model. The dark haired, tanned and slender woman looked a million dollars in her tight leather pants and handkerchief for a top. It was held on by the barest of threads and was basically there to cover her modest, firm breasts. Even in high heels she only came up to Madison's mouth, but the woman had a big personality.

"Thanks, so do you," Madison said getting caught up in the energy of the room.

"The execs told us to go and have a wild night, so that's what we're going to do," Tiffany said as the other ladies cheered. Madison felt herself struggling with the notion given the record label was always trying to drum up exposure in the press. She couldn't help but wonder if this was another on one of those moments that would wind up across the news. In a way as long as she didn't do anything stupid, it didn't matter, did it?

"Yeah, let's have a few drinks," Madison said as Tiffany bounced around her and then grabbed one of the other women by the arm.

The other three women were friends of Tiffany's and wore the tightest dresses anyone could imagine, leaving nothing to the imagination. They could have worn nothing and still it would have looked the same, since it was obvious not one of the sexy women were wearing underwear.

"We are going to pick up so many guys tonight," Tiffany said causing the other girls to laugh.

"I'm hoping for a black guy, with a huge cock!" one of the blondes said laughing.

"God, I can't wait to fuck," another one of them said as they all giggled and laughed.

"Come on, let's go ladies," Tiffany said as they marched out of the suite and into the elevator.

The energy of the group was contagious and Madison felt herself wanting to have a good time. Sure, the record company wanted its stars to keep their noses clean as they had an image to protect but they didn't mind their stars letting their hair down. Madison felt it was time, after all the hard work she had done so far for her new album, to have a few drinks and party.

The elevator doors opened and the luxurious hotel foyer came into view. The ladies stepped out and began walking through the foyer, giggling and carrying on when Madison saw him. John Maloney. He was as handsome and dreamy as ever, his tall broad-shouldered stature and that wonderful dark hair always making her do a double take. He hadn't aged a day, even if he was now twenty-seven years old. To her he was something out of the movies. Standing just over six feet tall, Madison immediately remembered how she could look into his mouth when they stood face to face and it made her smile. He always had the loveliest smile.

Without thinking, Madison was walking towards him and when he looked up and locked eyes with hers, she stopped dead in his tracks. He looked so handsome in his suit and she had to wonder what he was doing at the hotel, when she saw some other guests that looked like bridesmaids walk past him. She realised then, there was a wedding function going on in the grand hall of the hotel. That didn't stop her walking over to him as he just stared and stood frozen.

It had been nearly five years since they had last saw each other face to face. Yet here they were in a hotel, staring at one another as if all those years never happened.

"It's good to see you," Madison said with a smile.

"I have to go," John said turning away the pain on his face clear.

"John," Madison said quickly moving towards him as he stopped. "Are you here long? Can we catch up?"

"There is nothing to talk about. You're a success now and you clearly don't need me," John said causing Madison to feel that blow right in the chest. He noticed her wince and that hurt him also. "I have to go."

"John," Madison said again but he walked off as Tiffany, came up beside her.

"Who was that? He's cute," Tiffany asked with a cheeky grin. "Are you trying to pick up already? We haven't even left the hotel yet!"

"Ah no, not really," Madison replied deflated.

"Wow, he must be someone special then. Who was that guy?" Tiffany asked while Madison looked at the hallway John walked down.

"Someone who's heart I broke into a million little pieces," Madison said softly as the memories came flooding back. "You know what, you girls go without me. I'm going back to my room."

"Madison, come on," Tiffany said in shock that Madison would be so flippant. "We're going to party and pick up. You know it's what you want..."

"No, I'm feeling tired. See you tomorrow," Madison said heading back to the elevator.

"Okay, sure, whatever," Tiffany said as the girls headed out and Madison back to her room.

Of all the nights he had to walk back into her life, it had to be this night. Perhaps it was time to deal with it once and for all.

Chapter 2

With her busy schedule, Madison tried as hard as ever to find time to head back home and try to see John. He was all she could think about after seeing him. If she thought about it, Madison had buried herself in work to try and distract herself from what was really going on for her. Her lack of attention was making it harder to record the new material but after her final blow up at the producer and her manager, Madison was able to secure a few days off to take some personal time.

Madison knew it was going to be hard to face him, the man she had avoided because the pain was too great. But it needed to be done. Seeing him a few weeks ago had reminded her about it all. There never was anyone else, she could never get him out of her head, instead burying it in work to try and forget. But then he showed up out of the blue by chance and Madison started questioning why she was doing any of it.

She thanked his parents, Peter and Susan for letting her come over and see him. Madison hadn't seen any of the family for a number of years. They directed her to the Alfresco area out the back where John was sorting out the grill. He immediately stopped when he saw her and she needed something to break the ice.

"I saw some of your videos online. They're fantastic," Madison said with a warm smile. She knew she had to get through to him. Ever since seeing him in the hotel, she knew she wanted him back in her life. She just wasn't so sure he did.

"It's just a hobby, I record music from time to time and I do the occasional wedding too," John said with a shrug.

"I've always loved hearing you sing, when you would," Madison said recalling how he would write her songs and then sing them to her. But that didn't seem to thaw the ice that was around John's heart as he cut her off.

"What are you doing here?" John asked bluntly.

"I came to explain... I came to apologize," Madison replied softly.

"You? You think you can apologize? You know what, forget it. You can leave, I want to spend the holidays with my family having a good time," John said letting out a frustrated sigh.

"John, please? You're the love of my life, you always have been. I made a terrible mistake five years ago. I've never forgiven myself," Madison said trying to keep her emotions in check.

He turned to look at her and could see she was still in pain, but then again so was he, albeit he had gotten over some of it. Barely. The thing was though, this was in the past and it was time he moved on.

"You know what, fine. You're forgiven Madison. I don't care anymore," John said clenching his hand together to try and stifle any emotion he was feeling. Every time he saw her, it was the same damn thing and he hated it. He could tell Madison felt it too, and she was trying hard to hold it all back. The best thing to do was not do it at all. "Now would you please leave?"

"John, please..."

Trying his best to be calm, John opened the door and knowing what he meant, she nodded accepting his decision. John then led Madison into the family room but stopped when he saw his whole family and Madison's mother, Tamara, there. If anyone met them all, they could tell they were his family, just by looking at them. John seemed to get the best parts of both his parents, Susan and Peter, where his sisters were spitting images of each parent. Even his fraternal twin Victoria looked like their mother. Madison was a prettier version of her mother, who apparently was a model in her youth.

"What are you all doing here?" John asked shocked that they were all standing around as though it was an intervention.

"We're here to see if you'll give Maddy a second chance," Susan said with a hopeful tone. His mother was the one that got Madison in front of the right people, with the industry contacts she knew from her time trying to make it in the music industry.

It was becoming clear there was some thought put into this by everyone involved.

"No, I don't think so. She was just leaving," John said holding his arm out in the direction of the door.

"Please, they all wanted to help me talk to you," Madison said making sure she was upfront and honest with him about everything now. It was a promise she had made to herself ever since the incident.

"John, son, just wait a minute. She loves you and we all are really sorry for how it turned out. But we all do deserve a second chance, don't we?" Peter asked again with that hopeful tone. John looked around the room and could all see them practically pleading with him.

"This is rich. Do you have any idea of what happened between us? That she aborted our baby without telling me? I didn't even know she was pregnant!" John said his anger slipping out for a moment.

The room was silent and they just looked at him and then at each other. There was no shocking surprise and it was all quite muted which only added fuel to the fire in John's belly.

"Son," Susan said but he put his hand up in utter disbelief. John could feel the rage building up inside as the realisation struck.

"You knew!?" John asked looking at his parents.

"I was the one that convinced Madison to get rid of the baby, she was only nineteen!" Tamara said finally speaking up.

"We just wanted her to have the best start in life, having kids isn't easy," Susan said trying to back up the whole argument.

John looked at his sisters and could see Victoria, the one he was closest with staring at the floor. She couldn't look at him but then as the silence grew, she glanced up and started to silently cry.

"Of all the people you... You knew, didn't you?" John asked as his whole world came crashing down around him. Victoria trembled. "Vee, you were the one that was supposed to have my back."

Running his hand through his hair, John felt defeated. He never thought he could feel lower than he did when Madison left but now, he knew otherwise.

"John it wasn't Madison's fault," Tamara said finally realising just how much hurt he felt. All of them started to understand just what he was going through.

"Nah of course not. She just up and fucks off with some other guy, puts the boot in as well before she leaves, yeah, sure," John said looking around the room. He was about to walk out when his mother spoke up.

"That was our idea too. We thought it would be easier to help you move on... We're so sorry son," Susan said as tears began to roll down her cheeks. "We only meant the best for all of you. To make something of yourselves before settling down..."

As if it couldn't get any worse, his mother just dropped that bomb. The whole thing was one big lie and they had all conspired against him.

"So, let me get this straight," John said shaking his head. "You'd rather have her whore herself out, sell her body instead of her talent, instead of being loved and cared for by someone special? Especially if it had anything to do with me? Do I have that right? Is this all because she's a woman and needs to be placed ahead of all men or some other sick fucking joke that as a dumb male I don't understand? Amazing fucking girl power right there."

"It's not like that," Tamara said firmly. "She was young..."

"Oh? I must have missed that memo. I wasn't aware, how silly of me. It painfully clear now you only wanted her to get rich, and fuck anything and everyone else! I mean, shit, how could she have a baby and have this clean-cut image, right!? It's funny, I didn't realise watching Madison in skimpy clothing, shaking her ass suggestively on screen and dancing with near naked men was talent. Excuse me, I apologize," John said in disbelief.

"We wanted her to follow her passion, have the best shot at success," Susan said trying to calm her son down. "Then you could come back together. That's all, we wanted her to make it."

"And you think what? I didn't? Are you lot listening to yourselves? How would you like it if someone made your relationship decisions for you? Hey guess what Susan you can't love Peter because you're not worthy! How would you like it if they kept a secret and never gave you the chance to show just how much you love that person? I would have moved heaven and earth for Madison, but none of you ever thought to give me a chance! You made the decision for me, for you, you selfish bastards! All of you. I hate all of you. You can fuck off and die for all I care," John said making for the door. "You're all dead to me."

"John, please! I love you," Madison said trying anything to get him to stay. "I always have."

Turning ever so slightly and looking at the beautiful woman he loved more than anything, John pushed down those feelings and let the other ones out.

"Christ, you threw me away as if I was nothing. Why would I want some drug using, talentless bitch, who hopped into bed with anyone with a cock, just to get to the top?" John asked softly but bluntly. "Or if the rumours are true, any woman?" His tone scared all of them. "Every time I see your damn face on the screen, I'm going to be reminded of the shit you pulled. No thanks."

He didn't slam the door on the way out, just looked at Madison who finally started to realise just how badly the whole situation was, and quietly left. Sure, she knew she had broken his heart before, but this despair, this anger of his was inconceivable.

"I should never have listened to you, any of you! I ruined my life," Madison said as the tears rolled down her cheeks. She put her hand up before her mother could speak. "He was the only one that ever got me and now, the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with hates me. You all think this is what I wanted, but I'd trade it all, throw it all away for just one more day with him."

"Sweetie, he will get over it, he always does," Tamara said trying to placate her daughter.

"You never listened to me, to what I wanted. You thought you knew best... You're just like all those music industry people. Whatever it takes to keep me writing songs, shaking my ass and getting my tits out, just to make money. I'm a real person... don't you see? John's the only one that sees that!" Madison said as her voice raised and the frustration came out. "I gave up the best thing that ever happened to me for what!? An empty life!?"

"Madison, it's not empty. You've got friends, you've got money!" Tamara said trying to get her daughter to see the bright side.

"I've got nothing. Those supposed friends are always trying to control me! They work for the record company and my management! Are you so stupid to not see that? They tell me what to wear, how to act, what to eat. I have no friends, because friends... real friends, stick around when the going gets tough! Can you see any of my supposed friends with me right now? I didn't think so," Madison said shouting at her mother. "I have to get him back and I don't care what it costs me, because nothing can be worse that what I feel right now!"

"We'll get him back," Peter said trying to sound confident but he wasn't fooling anybody.

"You're right Madison... and we will do whatever it takes to get him back," Victoria said looking around the room. The thing was, she had never seen her brother so destroyed before and had no idea on what to do to fix it.

"I doubt that, I really do. But then again, who cares, I've got to do what's right for me now," Madison said heading for the door.

"Madison!" Tamara said starting after her daughter. "We can still fix this."

"Goodbye, mother."

They were only words to try and sound like they could fix it, but they couldn't because John left and never came back. He never picked up his phone, he never returned any calls and the family finally realised they had gone too far trying to give them both a life built on a strong financial foundation. Madison knew she would have been better off with John all this time but always listened to the wrong people. Now though, she knew what she had to do.

Chapter 3

Pure luck. That's what it was or divine intervention if you believe in that sort of thing. On her way back to her hotel, Madison stopped and walked into the Three-Legged Dog Pub for a drink finding none other than John sitting at the bar nursing a scotch and coke. Call it courage or dumb stupidity, but Madison walked over to him, sat down and ordered the same. He gulped his down and ordered another before she got to her first.

After two more rounds he looked at her.

"You've always been so beautiful," John said softly. The way he said it almost brought a tear to her eye. She just wanted to grab him and squeeze him, never letting go, but that couldn't happen just yet. She had to try and clear the air first.

"I never did any of those things. I know you won't believe me, but I never did drugs and I never slept with anyone to get to where I am," Madison said honestly.

"Look, I'm sorry about all that. I didn't mean it, I was just... It's taken me time to work through the mess," John said letting out a long breath. "It doesn't matter. We're good, let's just leave it at that."

"John, I love you," Madison said aching to hold him in her arms and never let him go.

"Madison, I..." John said but stopped. He looked at her and could tell she was sincere. It was the way she held his gaze that made him open his mouth and before he could stop, the words were out there. "You know, all I ever wanted was to have someone that loved me. Someone I could lean on when I needed it, someone that could lean on me... to tell me everything was alright and for me to do the same for them. To share my life with, to go on this adventure together, but..."