All Comments on 'When One Door Closes...'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 441 Comments (Page 5)
dgfergiedgfergie5 months ago

a Note for Master Kote's comment about walking her down the isle....................I was married for thirteen year, the wife fell out of love married a friend my two daughters left me. I met a woman with four young kids and married her. The two previous daughters married and didn't bother to tell me. Smoe years later I got to give one of my new daughters away. Mad up for all the other disrespect. Of course I'm an asshole, I'm a man we all know all men are assholes just some worse than others. We have our morales and know right from wrong and don't make a big deal out of it. Virtuous people don't choose hen to be virtuous. That's life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure, think this is my 5th trip through this touching tale. Thanks Hooked - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My favorite of your tales, kind of like an old friend. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

RedRachaelRedRachael5 months ago

Enjoyed this very much! I always have to laugh at people’s comments who treat these stories as real life. This story of a man and a little girl who cared for each other is fantastic.

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Good story. Really felt like a paragraph or two about Maddie's mother would have been appropriate.

Odess83Odess835 months ago

Зачем он простил детей? Эти ублюдки даже не думали о нём и предали! Су*ка дочь даже на свадьбу пригласила чтобы унизить! Он не вел ее к алтарю и даже сидел с края. С сыном так же. Что у автора за привычка делать негодяев счастливыми?

olblueyesolblueyes4 months ago

likeable little redemption romance tale,,i liked it,,,well writtrn, well paced,,

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

Ok 1 the law states he has vitation over his kids that's until the age of 18 not 16 and at such time chil

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

He would have legal visitation until his kids are 18 not 16 and at such time child support stops for that is when they become legal age not 16 at 16 the judge would have to sign off on him not seeing his kids anymore and another thing once the divorce is complete he is no longer responsible for the mortgage on a house he no longer lives in this is yet another writer that made up a bunch legal bullshit when it's clear he or she has no damn clue on what there trying to write about

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

I didn't really like how you made the kids to be complete idiots

BlueEyd2BlueEyd24 months ago

I don't understand why he went to his daughter's wedding with his family. She chose her step-father over him for the wedding AND she still defends her mother which means she defends infidelity and is about to get married. He shouldn't have supported a marriage that was bound to fail if she didn't get religion like she eventually did.

Also didn't understand the son's rational for disrespecting and ignoring his own father for years ... that he didn't "want to hate his mother"?

FlamethrowFlamethrow4 months ago

My ex-wife has helped poison the relationship with one of our two sons to the extent that we have had no contact for 20 years but the elder boy is now very close to me, so I understand why he chose to re-establish contact with the kids when they made the first move.

Brilliant last sentence.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt4 months ago

And now you know the rest of the story... truth works, vows are there for a reason. Thank you.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

1 of your best stories, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Worthy of 5 stars.

This Traci also needs more burn. Her getting Bob delayed getting her burn on. Only in the future will she get the rest of her burn on.

However, Alex did show better out of it, with Cherry, who understands him and loves him for who he is. He is living a better life without Traci.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

MC needs some military friends, good ole arsehole Bob needs some serious pain. Slut Traci needs a lot more pain.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I am on pgeaone, where I was shocked to see this is a story I have been searching for, for a long time. Every Story Search I tried came up empty. I am now going to enjoy a wonderful re-read. Thank you!

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Third or fourth reading. I see from my comment three months ago that I was unsuccessful back then at finding this story using Story Search, and happened across it, joyfully. Once again I bam joyful at re-finding this Five star story.

JPB NOT BOB

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Great story, not sure how I found it, read it twice. Could be a hallmark movie….. only thing in the story he didn’t know she re-married? He was paying alimony. That would have stopped when she married Bob the dick III?

This has been added to my favorites. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

4 Stars as I would have loved it if Cherry would have been pregnant . Then Traci and the other kids could have set in their house alone . My 13 year old Daddy's little princess screwed me over in court . I no longer have a Daughter and have my own CPA business with a Lady who is half Black and half Mexican and completely Beautiful . I am talking about a great big heart and she gave me a son named after my Father

mcitylinemcityline3 months ago

I had sympathy for Traci until I heard she was with Bob.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story, MC took a big risk though marrying Traci 2.0

I don't say that there are no women who better themselves after a divorce caused by their cheating. BUT frankly, it's more likely for our MC to get burned a second time than not.

BTW the same is true if the roles are reversed, just to make it clear that I don't have double standards.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Any man who lets his wife make a demand to sleep with another man and lets her walk away with him to another bedroom, while doing nothing about it is a pathetic loser. I don't care to read about a wimp who couldn't kick the crap out of some rich bastard who targets married women to get off. Guys like that need a thrashing, no you being a real man demands it all the way back to our most primal nature demands you defend your marriage. Anyone who really loves their wife and kids would. This man doesn't love his family if he isn't willing to defend them from any threat. After he ran away and divorced his wife the story starts there and that's all I need to read to give one star for the loser MC. Don't waste our time writing about losers who run away.

ViolentKnightViolentKnight2 months ago

I would never talk to those disrespectful, ungrateful ba$tards(Ethan and Haley) if I was ever unfortunate enough to be in Alex's shoes. Other than that, great story. 5 stars.

enderlocke77enderlocke772 months ago

i kept cringing every time the mc gave a coke and m&ms to an 8 year old.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A nice dose of shame would of brought the kids down to earth. Making their demands public knowledge on social media, giving them a nice dose of realism would of fixed that and even maybe get him custody as they were old enough to choose.

KronkBonkKronkBonk2 months ago

I had to suspend a little disbelief at how easy it was for the unmarried MC to be able to keep Maddie in his life armed with just her birth certificate, but it worked. Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@Violentknight— so you’d rather continue the misery than forgive YOUR CHILDREN and be happy, eh? Of course, typical of the typical loser LW crowd.

Dude, you might be violent (but I’ll bet only in your head), but you sure ain’t no knight, Loser.

Another brilliant story @Hooked. 🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I cannot help but feel vindication with the closing line. Well written

n

Norman_Sands

GLineGLineabout 2 months ago

The beginning of this story actually hurt my heart. The fear of a seven year old child; no mother, no other known relatives…. Guess I was hoping for some closure on that part, but that’s not how life works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story. His two bio kids are asses and that's putting it very nicely. One can only hope they get cheated on one day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You can tell that the whole misunderstanding between the MC and Chery over seeing her arm in arm with her brother was another of Harddaysknight influence. His insistance of turning men into barely functioning morons that fit his personal identity whilst women are portrayed as superior in IQ and EQ... Why would anyone want help from a self proclaimed wimp and simp is beyond me...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed this story! He came back from a set back in his life to happiness which is kinda like my life. He could have gone negative in his life, however, he picked himself up and moved on! DerMtMan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

One of your best tales Hooked, heartfelt, very good! I think it was my introduction to your stories.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

DAMN, should have reviewed the comment section BEFORE writing mine. Oh well, for the men(?) who only feel like men when putting down others (whether characters or writers) you are truly pathetic. Also, I realize the two teen kids are easy targets but some teens are more into themselves (granted, some never change with age) and keep in mind who they are with more - mom. No excuse. A very popular and controversial tale - thanks again.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Thank you for the story. It was so wholesome, for the most part. But I wish authors would stop using the worn trope where kids irrationally blame father instead of cheating mother and only realize they are wrong when they think of their vows. I've seen it too many times, and sincerely it wasn't believable the first time either. Now it's just annoying.

NitpicNitpic19 days ago
What

What did he do about getting back the alimony money he had being paying her,not knowing she had remarried.?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman14 days ago

2nd reading for me as this is such a good story. Just wonder about alimony after his ex got remarried?

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Everybody good story, but why throw in all the multiracial apologist stuff? Trying to promote the interracial crap is all very woke and such, but a real waste of a story. Back in the day, the phrase used to be "black is beautiful." Problem is, if something is beautiful, you don't have to really tell people it is, or claim that it is, people just wouldn't know it and realize it. And just from a point of reality, the black and brown all tends to be overweight, if not fat, and there's nothing beautiful about fat...

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Interesting story with a very clever plot line that tugs at our heart strings

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

SIMILAR Stories