All Comments on 'When One Door Closes...'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 441 Comments (Page 3)
Kirk34Kirk34over 3 years ago
My favorite Traci Story

This author uses Traci quite a bit as the wife and I'm sure there are personal reasons, but this one is my favorite of all of them.

Partly it's because of Maddie and what a wonderful story she had, and partly It just resonates with me the most. A lonely Man with plenty of love to offer and a poor child in need of it. It just hits me hard every time. I gather Maddie's Mother might have been a prostitute hence her disappearance, sad really but it happens in that line too often.

As for the ending it was spot on. He moves on, she gets to be alone in her dotage without the Man who would once have had her back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm an asshole, too!

We should start a movement. We could get t-shirts that say "I'm an Asshole" on the front, and "No cuckolding allowed!" on the back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved your story, it is full of life's joys and sorrows. Thank you for a very good read - THAT is what a good story is supposed to be about. I'm pretty sure its my third time through - doubt my last.

somewhere east of Omaha

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

ive read this a cple times now... while i usually like the offended party to make out in the ending i dont like the part where his daughter said he wasnt going to be walking her down the aisle. that is a total slap in the face and then some for the man who raised her into her teens to be denied that honor. yes he has been out of her life for 6+ yrs bur still. its not like it was his choice to abandon his kids. also, he didnt get any sort of revenge on the exwife other than a happy ending.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Here is a toast to all the assholes. Nostrovia!

a reread and still great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What goes around comes around.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

He should have told his skank of a daughter to fuck off! And the good for nothing son too! His whoring ex poisoned them so let the cheating whore deal with them!

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago

I would like to think this is what real life can be.

Sometimes.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Shoulda choked the whore when she first mentioned letting Bob Asshole pork her...

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

He’d have known of the exes marriage cause the spousal support would end... unless she risked the wtath of family court and said nothing. Oopsie, backpay and contempt of court

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Yep a great "what goes around comes around".

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
Pierremanvis

Wonderful story. H1957 at his best. Poignant and told and with compassion. So enjoyed Traci getting to feel the pain. Bitch.

Would love to know significance of the name Traci in the author’s life. Sure there is a story there. 5 plus. And please H1957......Give us more

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
@Grimmer

Right back at you...Salud!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I just realized something that is really obvious if you think about it. It is all in the first part of the story. Lol absolutely hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Traci got off with almost no punishment. She didn't get kicked hard enough to understand and feel the pain she caused to a wonderful man. The end should be rewritten.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is what walking away could look like if you completely move on... when your wife steps out on you, move on... you get nowhere by leaving but not letting go.

Great story with the good guy winning which unfortunately doesnt happen very often.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very fine story, I loved it. It reminds me a little of Randi (just a hint). Thank you for an amazing story! Still love it on the third read! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

I Knew That I'd Read

This story before when Maddie came up to the laundromat with her wagon of dirty clothes so I knew they got together but I didn't remember the rest of this, perhaps Hooked's best.

"Not my circus. Not my monkeys," Damn, I need to remember that line. Maddie is a very smart, classy lady but Michigan State? Moo U, The Cow College? You could have sent her to a real university, the one in Ann Arbor. You know Hooked, the one that has the largest capacity football stadium in the country.

For those who didn't think Traci got enough pain, by now she Knows Ethan and Haley Know the real story. Then there is the fact at the end there is the fear he saw in her eyes of being alone while Alex has a great life. He and his second family are growing closer to Ethan and Haley and their families while she gets slowly marginalized. Now she knows that he knows how bad it's going to be for her, I'd say that was a fair amount of comeuppance.

Fantastic job even with that glaring error of where Maddie goes to college.

Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No, no, no. This story about Saint Alex is clearly an answer to the comments on "A Promise Made, A Vow Broken" and attempts to show that it would have been much worse for the husband if he had walked out on his wife and her lover. But in order to make that argument, the author introduces some subtle shifts in this story. Here, the ex wasn't actually having a "one-time" experience since she somehow manages to marry her wealthy lothario who quickly buys the affection of the son and daughter. In addition, the husband, rather stupidly, fails to make any effort to protect himself legally or financially. Nevertheless, having "proven" his point, the author veers off to a feel-good arc of a man sinking to the depths and rising back up better and stronger. By the end Alex is modestly bestowing forgiveness and laying his blessings on all who "done him wrong." Sister Theresa had nothing on this guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wonderful story! Maddie did actually find her dad. He took care of her when no one else would and she was a young child and couldn't. He earned his stripes. Cherry took a hurting man, and she and Maddie made him whole again. That leaves Traci, now she's alone, because she broke up her family. The slut finally got hers, though not nearly enough! Hooked, wonderful story, as always.You are at the head of the class!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Haley

I'd have told Haley to shove her wedding invitations up her ass. How fucking insulting can you get? His own daughter ignoring him for years, suddenly calls and says, "I'm getting married, and you can come. But you can't give me away, because the rich guy that stole your family is my daddy now, and he's doing it. And you can't sit with family, because you're nothing to me, but you can sit down the back and watch."

Fuck her, and "Her family".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I was thinking the same thing regarding Haley and the invitation to her wedding as the last comment. I probably wouldn't have gone.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Another one of Hook’s destructions of Traci. I never get tired of them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you .

PGUK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Why average? He was too nice to her st Haley's wedding. No kiss etc. No controversy, but no response other than polite ; lukewarm polite. Kids should have took Mom to task for her behavior. jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoy your stories but this is your best! Look forward to you topping it - thank you for your stories, this one is a 5 plus!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow. What a wonderful story. The opening is magnificent. Thank you very much.

LWlurker

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

Great story to read, well done, enjoyable from start to finish⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would not have been surprised if that ended up not being Cherry's brother....loved the little girl Maddie and great he found his happy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

1 star for him taking the children back. They should have gone through life knowing they shit one the one decent man loving them unconditionally only to prove that some conditions still apply. 9+ years of shitting on a man will kill even the most devote love of a father in my opinion. His forgiving nature is diametrically opposite to how he behaved when his wife cheated and hence sticks out like a sore thumb.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Very

Very good story.Pleased Traci ended up on her own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brilliant

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He had reason to be jealous of the brother. If my wife's or girlfriends brother came into town, and she said nothing about it. Didn't call and let me know, or invite me to meet him, I would have thought the same thing. Very cuck thing to do, call her on legitimate beef, then when she goes on the offensive he coughs up a ring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This,is poor. This writer loves to write weak wimpy men. Why would you call your bitch ex wife BABE at the wedding. Why would you accept false niceties. Why accept being called and asshole and agin being blamed for the ddivorce. Very stupid! Weak. Just attend, be quiet, and get the hell out. The kids as adults did not deserve acceptance either. He ended up ok, but what a wimp.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't understand why people are always so willing to let backstabbing back into their life. No bitch I don't want to go to your wedding, I haven't heard from you in 6 years let's keep it going!

notredame43notredame43almost 3 years ago

I'd have b disowned both kids and never spoken to them again..

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 3 years ago

Nice, would have liked some closure on Maddie's mother and Traci be one of those health fitness women. It's just too cliche' that the ex never ages well. But what's up with the comments. I think the pandemic is starting to weigh on people. Thank you, nice story, I enjoyed reading it.

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 3 years ago

Great story!

I mark something as a favorite because I will get around to rereading it. If for no other reason than to remind myself why I liked it. And because there is such a paucity of new stories of merit. So, once again, this is one of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overall I enjoyed the story, but the kids came back to him a little late in life. Also, Bob never got his payback. This writer seems to enjoy having the husband become a cuck with no payback on the seducer. Gonna give this one a generous 4 for the rest of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do the immature feel so small that they need to 'tag' anything that fails to match their narrow minded beliefs? These are stories, enjoy them. These tales would be all carbon copies of each other with your limited vision. The kids took a while to come around but they had been heavily influenced by their mother and needed time to mature (hell, plenty of older folks commenting have yet to reach maturity, give the kids a break.)

Hooked, this is a very good story, deserving of each of the five stars. This tale ranks with the best on this site. Thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

My second time through this one , H! Loved it then, love it now!

CDRLawCDRLawalmost 3 years ago

Great story until dad accepts estranged daughter’s wedding invitation. Then in the toilet. If he’d said “congratulations I’m happy for you” and end of story, would have been 10+stars.

NonSequitourNonSequitouralmost 3 years ago

My reply to the invite: "I raised you for 15 years. You gave me no time or respect for 3 years, at which time you disowned me. I have had no word from you for 6 years. I had hoped you and your brother might have figured out who did wrong by the time you were adults and apologized years ago. That did not happen. I must decline your invitation as I do not wish to expose my new family to people of your and your mother's morality. Send me a picture, though. I can show it to the other residents of my future retirement home as a daughter I used to have. I'll have to explain the picture was 6 years after I last saw her." Sorry, not sorry.

Seriously, if Haley made it all the way through dating, engagement, and the wedding before she understood the very concept of fidelity; she's likely to produce retarded grandkids.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A great story, I love it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The best revenge, is a life well lived...and loved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seems I'm with Omart57 on this, totally. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I dont know how old people commenting about not forgiving the children are. But Im guessing not old enough to know that it is the most natural thing to do. A child who has been nurtured wrongly and brainwashed can not be blamed and should not be punished for waking up late. The fact that your child has woken up in itself would be source of joy to any parent.

But I would expect them to wake up when they enter into a serious relationship and not while taking their vows. Because fidelity is a very natural requirement after you became a man. I broke up with my girl when I saw her with another guy when I was just 20 too.

Other than an unnatural delay in recognition of fault, I liked the story very much.

Also if all sluts deserve bad karma, shouldnt Cherry also burn?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

the shitty part of this story is the "Goldsteins" of the world get to move on ruining other's lives without remorse. Just another "let's go Brandon" moment. If we only had a better replacement for old Joe Bidet, it might be worth considering placing him in a NY convalescent home with NY-type covid recipients. We'd be left with a washed up second rate tyrant of ignoble virtue as leader of the southern border crises.

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Read this one several times now. I think the writing is good the plot is well thought out and presented. The pain is obvious and the recovery wonderful. The “adoption” of Maddie is great stroke. Major good points in this story.

My problems are rehashes of some already mentioned by others but I want my say anyway.

I do not find fault with his outrage at Cherry, I to think he backs down too quickly. She is not blameless in this. Better response by him is “why didn’t you invite him here so I might meet your brother?” Avoids the risk of accusation until she answers in off key manner if not her brother. Too many coincidences in this instance for him not to react as he did.

Next while he did give Haley some blowback he needed to point out the major disrespect toward him by listing the limits of his invite to her wedding. In addition to what he said, he needed to call her on those. Her obvious failure to mention anything other than a simple invite would have been enough without the nose rubbing she undertook and it should be called out. Forgiving a daughter is not Wimping out as some have said provided she is truly apologetic. I doubt she was at this point. Attending the wedding is what a good father would do even if estranged because of the shallowness of the daughter. If she awakens as she finally does he cannot get this back if he does not go. I find her realization of her mistake during her vows contrived - she should have had an awakening as she prepared to pledge herself to the man she is marrying not at the vows. But Is a good story.

Being too nice to Tracie is a downer. Cool reserved no drama but a kiss and use of a term of endearment NO not from Alex who had the balls to leave the cheating bitch knowing the result. His comment on source of good luck in finding his new family is more in keeping and not in the least congruent with the kiss,etc.

I am with those who wondered about alimony continuing. Something fishy there unless there was some time limit to it that passed. Not mentioned though.

I am sure I will read this one again and again as I like his rise from the ashes of his devastated life caused by a cheating slut.

Thanks for sharing. John

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Back for a reread.

Yep! A definite 5.

“ You do know I was an asshole then; I'm still an asshole” - awesome!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done! 5* Once an asshole, always an asshole... And that's not always a bad thing.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

"No, Dad. Everything is good ... great really. I'm going to get married next month, and I'd like to invite you to the wedding."

"So, why don't you send me an invite like everyone else?"

"Well, you're my dad," she responds in an "isn't that obvious" tone.

"Since when?"

Reader2071Reader2071over 2 years ago

Great story. I really enjoyed the first 2/3 before the daughter was getting married. Normally I'm all for the reconciliation with the kids, but this time I could have gone without it. The daughter is a total bitch. She didn't realize until the vows were said that you weren't supposed to cheat? Had she never mentioned this to her soon to be husband that she thought a one nighter was okay? Why did she even invite him if he wasn't considered family? Screw her.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

enjoyable read, thanks. he had every right to leave Traci. From experience it;s very easy for a parent to turn the kids against the other parent regardless which one was wrong.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

I loved the story of how he and Maddie got together and then Cherry, what a lovely family they made, I had tears in my eyes. But I didn't enjoy the rest, I hated the daughter inviting him to her wedding and at the same time saying, I really don't want my father to give me away, I prefer some rich womanizer who ruined our lovely family. The credibility he gained from walking away from his cheating wife, went out of the window, when he went to the awful daughters wedding. How could she have the hard faced cheek to treat her father so badly, for so long, then insult him with her disgusting telephone invite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story-telling. Pretty clean grammar. Couple of examples to help you be even better:

“… after I hit the bar for glasses of wine for Cherry and I and a Coke for Maddie.” for Cherry and ME

“Adversity has also probably helped Cherry and I as well.” has helped Cherry and ME

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - finally you made a story I could really get into - BRAVO.

Please keep writing.

Firmhands5Firmhands5over 2 years ago

Started slow and the details grab you about 'real' life! Very well done. Not the usual fare of Literotica.

EZ8ltEZ8ltover 2 years ago

I gave it a 4, when the daughter said he won't be up with the family he should've just refused to go.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Loved it. Detonate 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second time reading this and it’s still one of my favorites. Thanks again for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bob needs to be paid back.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

He should told the witch of a daughter "have a great day, goodbye." 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ugh, He should have kicked his son's ass and told his ex-daughter that she could shove her wedding invitation up her ass. She doesn't need any of them in his life, including the ex-slut wife. You had something good here and ruined it with that weak ending.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Great story, with the rescue of the kid at the laundromat and then the kid getting him set up with cherry. Lovely story. Woman like his ex deserve every bad thing karma serves up. The his kids weren't to blame they were prisoned and brain washed by the vindictive mother. I've seen and it's been done to me and many others. Sooner or later what goes around comes around, I have also seen that. Sometimes it takes awhile but it all balances out. 5 stars

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

2nd read. Still 5*

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Perfect, the asshole wins because he had a spine

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't want to hate mom.?! She cheated and lied to you for years at least strong dislike!! Average as kids still didn't get it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the whole story, except for Cherry's response to his thinking she was cheating. That was over the line based on her history. She could have shared the same assertive message, that she should get the benefit of the doubt, without being an asshole about it. That is a red flag to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great 5 🌟 story.

Bill S.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 2 years ago

But he’s swell loved asshole. Enough said.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good story but full of plot holes like what happened to Maddie’s mother? She could have been murdered or enslaved in a Mexican whorehouse. Didn’t anyone investigate or is it OK in the USA for young women to ‘disappear’? 4 stars.

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

Touched all the bases! In the park triple

LeontheKingLeontheKingover 2 years ago

Beautiful story 5 stars easily

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

@Hiker66Biker: That's not a plot hole, since it doesn't really affect the plot. More like a thread that was dropped. True, it was glossed over pretty quick, but it definitely sounds like a low-priority case for the police, especially considering the main people involved (Alex & Maddie) didn't hound them for results and just moved on instead.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

I agree with hiker66 what ever happened to maddies mothers there should have been some kind of closure threre ? left alot out ther I dont think maddie would have ever given up on her mother and asked for help in form or aqnother through out the years . Good story other wise sorry to much left unsaid 3

olddave51olddave51over 2 years ago

I do agree with Hiker66Biker there should have some kind of closure for what happened to Maddie’s mother. I liked that Alex fell for a beautiful woman and her being a woman of color just rubbed in the lousy Ex's face she deserved all the sorrow and pain she got (yes I had a cheating wife) My only regret was that Robert Goldstine III never received his just rewards no doubt he had a prenup and I am sure he was a cheater too. Personally I think a jealous husband should have taken care of him (not Alex).

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 2 years ago

His first wife and kids were literal pieces of shit covered garbage. Why would he go to the little bitches wedding ? Why drink withe the little prick he once called a son? They aren’t fit to lick dog shit off his shoes

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

Beautiful story. 5. Comes to show us that a good revenge is just live your life and steak to your beliefs.

Yes, I do think he should have come to his daughter's wedding. Children might disappoint you, they might even hate you, but they are still your children. You love them unconditionaly We are programmed this way.

What happened to Maddie's mother?

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99about 2 years ago

The one thing I didn't find believable was the state letting a single white male have custody of a tween girl.

I have seen some stories where somebody thanks the cheater for being stupid. I this story Maddie should thank her, because if he hadn't been there after her mom disappeared she might have too.

There is another story just about like this one called "I'm A Bastard" where the new daughter tells her stepsister that she thanks the cheater, otherwise she wouldn't have such a terrific daddy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If he didn't know his ex had remarried six years before the wedding he was probably still paying alimony. Alimony (support/maintenance) universally ends when the recipient remarrys. Where is his demand for reimbursement?

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Second time around on this one and still good. Life is made up of choices. Some of us make the right ones and others don't. Many of us don't seem to take marriage vows seriously, they are a promise and breaking a promise is unacceptable, enough said. 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I used to travel with my job, sometimes with other guys from our sports club. Some of them cheated with women they met in the bars we went to. They were never friends of mine if they did that.

I never told the wives, I didn't know them, but told the husbands to fuck off when they started talking to me. You never know what terrible damage you could be doing to people who have done nothing to you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Stars on this one . My Daughter Connie wondered where her Marriage money went . I said ask your Mom and New Dad . I did not go to her wedding nor do we even talk . I have a sweet Lady who has a Girl and a Boy that Loves Me almost as much as I love them . Every one is not real receiving of them . I told them they were not invited to my wedding or any of my Families events .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Paedo's rejoice

In Hooked1957's universe, single loners get to pick up 8 year old kids and bring them home, and no one bats an eyelid.

Zero stars for the creep factor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The CREEP FACTOR is on you, the real ZERO. One of my favorite stories, look forward to more.

somewhere east of Omaha

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

Thanks for a story that ends good. My own 47 yr. marriage has been wonderful. Outside of some medical problems that we tolerate, life has been great. No controversial bumps. It's fun to read about human situations we haven't had.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 2 years ago

A really good...no make that a very feel good story. Having been married three times and being on both ends of the source of the break up, I appreciate stories such as this immensely. So far, after a little over a year of reading LIterotica stories, I’ve pretty much stuck to Loving Wives. There have been a few time when I was in the mood for something different and went to one or two other categories. But it’s the stories like this, where there is virtually no sex involved that move me the most. When I occasionally start (and sometimes stay with and finish) a Loving Wives story that goes on, and on and on for page after page of boring, repetitive, gratuitous sex, I lose patience. Please don’t get me wrong...I love sex, and I’ve done and enjoyed just about everything aspect of it and just about every way to engage in and enjoy it. I’ve lived a very high, trans continental, trans Atlantic lifestyle, which included a great deal of highly enjoyable sex, in many ways and forms. I just much prefer a well written story with an engaging, and sometimes surprising and, or an usual plot to one that is primarily about fucking. I mean as wonderful as sex is, how many times can you describe sucking, fucking and orgasms in different ways? And, when I see how similar these plots are and read a wife calling her husband, boyfriend, or significant other w BABY I will SCREAM.

Very well done, well written, engaging story. Thanks for writing it and posting it here.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

If this were the real world I would press Alex to make peace with the ex for no other reason than they share children and grandchildren. They don't have to be friends but they should he cordial and cooperate where it matters. I find it very hard to believe though that after 18 years a wife all of a sudden becomes a narcissistic sociopath. That doesn't happen over night. She decided to ambush him and humiliate him publicly knowing he would be crushed. Traci did not respect her husband, that too doesn't happen overnight.

My point is there would have been evidence of this long before the end. She would have had to of exhibited self centered and self serving behavior. For the teenage children to be so overwhelmingly biased against the husband, they would had to of learned those same traits over the years. They weren't small children at the time of the divorce. To all of a sudden write off their father and blame him isn't realistic given their age.

This was a very cute story but lacks enough exposition to make Traci and the children believable as characters.

Still, I did like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The part of Cherry and her brother just shows that the MC is still a weak pathetic WIMP

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 2 years ago

VERY well done. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story.

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

Alex,s first family (Traci, Haley and Ethan) were real pieces of shit. Bob never got the ass whipping with an aluminum base ball bat that he so righteously deserved. I know these stories are fiction, but sometimes they just get to me. How cruel a so called loving spouse can be and totally destroy the other spouse’s life without any feelings or concerns. I guess there are people like that out there, but I sure don’t want to meet them.

muttstermuttsteralmost 2 years ago

👍 Just reread this story again and it is still one of my Favorites. It is right up there with "VAGABONDS:, "YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN" and ""CHARITY BEGINS NEXT DOOR". Thanks for your stories and keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well written and constructed. Not sure that he would have been able to have Maddie live with him as a single man. But hey wth right?

One question though, does this LW trope of asking for a weekend one time hall pass really happen after 18 years of marriage? I would think by that time the wife would know how her husband would react. Just seems really implausible. But again good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OUTSTANDING STORY. Wish they all could be this good. Keep on writing !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Finally a story in which the cheating wife gets her due.

Excellent 5 star tale.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The last paragraph, your endings are too often some glib phrase stretched out to a complete sentence. You had a sure 7 and reduced it to a 3 or 4. You're like Traci. I almost feel sorry for you. So much of value, like 18 great years. Then you lose, throw away our respect, to be a glib smart a$$. You know what they all ask. Why?!? You have talent! A lotta 4.7 writers will NEVER have ONE 6 or 7. While you toss half of yours.

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

A great story! I wish that I could write half as good as you. Thanks I love a happy ending 5 syats

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

Good story, certainly much better than LE average. Just try to avoid hypocrisy, it is transparent ... "I know this is probably going to surprise you, but I rarely think of you at all. I don't wish you any harm, but I could give a rat's ass about your life and what goes on with it." ... Yeah right when the whole story is based on bringing Traci back just to put her down.

Another thing is - what happened to "Maddie"'s mother? Just went puff in a smoke? You think "Maddie" would not be a bit interested in finding her? And no legal problems just keeping the child like she is a puppy from street?

I guess some of your readers might not care for details but this is lazy writing regardless. You have a good idea, decent plot but then you go absent in the effort to make it really good.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

What's funny is as much as your little glib sign off sometimes gets on my nerves this time it actually worked! Though seriously we needed a bitch slap from Cherry or for the daughter to tear the wife a new asshole?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

SIMILAR Stories